Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

The Day An 'Army General'stepped Into My Store - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Day An 'Army General'stepped Into My Store (1315 Views)

"Boko Haram Now Has An Army" - Niger Republic Warns / Photo: The Day An Emir Will Abduct Any Of My Female Relative Up North. / Nigerian Military Design The Back Of An Army ( Photo ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Day An 'Army General'stepped Into My Store by OVI75(m): 1:16pm On Oct 22, 2015
In life,some of ones most exciting moments is when you meet highly respected people in the society,who are seldomly open to public sight as this may not necessarily be a matter of low self esteem but also of a honour and respects to nature's supremacy over our thoughts and action.

The Atmosphere was quiet,the usual zest and gusto was not there,the normally bustling enviroment of Igbide kingdom was wanting,this lively town all of a sudden appeared like a grave yard,save for the tweets of birds perched on roof tops,even the dropping of a needle could have been heard.the serenity of Igbide(A town in isoko south L.g.a,Delta state) today was anything but baffling.

On a normal business day,i did be counting the thousands already but,fate has chose to leave me going home with a smug on my face today,or so i thought not until the unexpected happened.For most people,An encounter with any FORCES personnel would most likely leave them with a sad tale to tell as a result of the inhumane treatment always metted out against innocent citizens at the slightest provocation.

I was hustling to make 'Ftc'(a trophy for idle hands...) on a topic on nairaland about Ndume's vituperations about Amaechi and pdp ministerial brouhaha when suddenly an exotic prado jeep swerved off the road and stopped expertly at the front of my store and when i stood to go welcome my customer,standing before me was Retired 'MAJOR GENERAL PAUL OMU'

For many ISOKO SONS and DAUGHTERS at home and in diaspora,to see or speak with a man like General Omu,husband of Dr.Mrs Stella Omu and President general of I.D.U-Isoko development Union the Apex socio-cultural,political group of the Isoko nation,does not come by ease as majorly politicians and aspiring politician,milltary topnotch troupe to his home daily to pay 'homage'to General as he is fondly called.

Such was not my case as he stepped into my store in person,haven admired one of my luxury glass shelves,at first i thought he would just sit inside the car and tell his aide to do the buying but he stepped down himself and described what he wanted for his bedroom for which i gave him a recommendation different from his initial choice,partly convinced,he motioned for his aids attention which was quickly availed him as he sought the aide's counsel,that was when i told him i would like him to sit down but he declined,i was kind off taken aback,cause for a 70 Plus old man to prefer standing to sitting down to me was not too good,only then did he ask me,"how many old men my age have you offered a sit today in this your store?i had expertly answered "Well i do", without stating any specific number,my answer though sincere was found wanting,but he said i would even have loved to jug a lil bit.

Though unconcerned by my answer he had asked how much the shelve cost,i told him a few bucks(#10,000 specifically) ,which brought a friendly smirk on his face,my fear heightened when he sat back in his car, told his aide to 'come'i had thought this Isoko elder statesman was just going to drive away,then he(the general)told me'can't you remove something for me'to which i laughed sheepishly,and told him 'sir you are a special daddy that's why you should pay only 10 instead of 11 or 12k.
he smiled and told his aid to give me some white notes totaling ten which i collected happily.

Sorry for the boring tale,Two things i noticed with this Isoko icon,his humour and his non interest in long bargaining(pricing weakness).
In all,haven met this Highly revered man,i do hope and pray that someday we would be free to interact with forces personnel without fear of beimg manhandled.
Mods,if this deserve frontpage,oya helep me.
One Love nairaland,the best online forum.
Re: The Day An 'Army General'stepped Into My Store by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 22, 2015
Re: The Day An 'Army General'stepped Into My Store by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:26pm On Oct 22, 2015
jesos!!!

I thought av seen it all on Nairaland

4 Likes

Re: The Day An 'Army General'stepped Into My Store by sinkhole: 1:57pm On Oct 22, 2015
OP, is the General going into politics? Are you campaining for him? grin grin
Re: The Day An 'Army General'stepped Into My Store by kokoA(m): 2:03pm On Oct 22, 2015
Warisdis? undecided
Re: The Day An 'Army General'stepped Into My Store by oluvick(m): 2:11pm On Oct 22, 2015
Wait until you meet me grin
Re: The Day An 'Army General'stepped Into My Store by mikolo80: 2:42pm On Oct 22, 2015
OVI75:
In life,some of ones most exciting moments is when you meet highly respected people in the society,who are seldomly open to public sight as this may not necessarily be a matter of low self esteem but also of a honour and respects to nature's supremacy over our thoughts and action.

The Atmosphere was quiet,the usual zest and gusto was not there,the normally bustling enviroment of Igbide kingdom was wanting,this lively town all of a sudden appeared like a grave yard,save for the tweets of birds perched on roof tops,even the dropping of a needle could have been heard.the serenity of Igbide(A town in isoko south L.g.a,Delta state) today was anything but baffling.

On a normal business day,i did be counting the thousands already but,fate has chose to leave me going home with a smug on my face today,or so i thought not until the unexpected happened.For most people,An encounter with any FORCES personnel would most likely leave them with a sad tale to tell as a result of the inhumane treatment always metted out against innocent citizens at the slightest provocation.

I was hustling to make 'Ftc'(a trophy for idle hands...) on a topic on nairaland about Ndume's vituperations about Amaechi and pdp ministerial brouhaha when suddenly an exotic prado jeep swerved off the road and stopped expertly at the front of my store and when i stood to go welcome my customer,standing before me was Retired 'MAJOR GENERAL PAUL OMU'

For many ISOKO SONS and DAUGHTERS at home and in diaspora,to see or speak with a man like General Omu,husband of Dr.Mrs Stella Omu and President general of I.D.U-Isoko development Union the Apex socio-cultural,political group of the Isoko nation,does not come by ease as majorly politicians and aspiring politician,milltary topnotch troupe to his home daily to pay 'homage'to General as he is fondly called.

Such was not my case as he stepped into my store in person,haven admired one of my luxury glass shelves,at first i thought he would just sit inside the car and tell his aide to do the buying but he stepped down himself and described what he wanted for his bedroom for which i gave him a recommendation different from his initial choice,partly convinced,he motioned for his aids attention which was quickly availed him as he sought the aide's counsel,that was when i told him i would like him to sit down but he declined,i was kind off taken aback,cause for a 70 Plus old man to prefer standing to sitting down to me was not too good,only then did he ask me,"how many old men my age have you offered a sit today in this your store?i had expertly answered "Well i do", without stating any specific number,my answer though sincere was found wanting,but he said i would even have loved to jug a lil bit.

Though unconcerned by my answer he had asked how much the shelve cost,i told him a few bucks(#10,000 specifically) ,which brought a friendly smirk on his face,my fear heightened when he sat back in his car, told his aide to 'come'i had thought this Isoko elder statesman was just going to drive away,then he(the general)told me'can't you remove something for me'to which i laughed sheepishly,and told him 'sir you are a special daddy that's why you should pay only 10 instead of 11 or 12k.
he smiled and told his aid to give me some white notes totaling ten which i collected happily.

Sorry for the boring tale,Two things i noticed with this Isoko icon,his humour and his non interest in long bargaining(pricing weakness).
In all,haven met this Highly revered man,i do hope and pray that someday we would be free to interact with forces personnel without fear of beimg manhandled.
Mods,if this deserve frontpage,oya helep me.
One Love nairaland,the best online forum.
if you don't misbehave you will never be manhandled
no be police force
Re: The Day An 'Army General'stepped Into My Store by butanepro(m): 3:16am On Oct 24, 2015
Well, we don't know him here in Croatia......
Re: The Day An 'Army General'stepped Into My Store by Nobody: 3:49am On Oct 24, 2015
This surely deserves front page @ lalasticlala Major General Paul Omu is a big name and in addition, the wife was also a former Senator that represented Delta South before Senator James Manager. Such a humble privilege.

(1) (Reply)

Ex-supreme Court Justice, Oguntade, Attempted To Subvert Justice - CCT Chairman / The Best Presentation On The Zaria Fracas So Far. / Boarding A Plane With Ladder In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.