Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,611 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi (2383 Views)

Hausas Asking Igbos To Leave: See What Some Northern Youths Are Saying Online / Some Goodluck Jonathan's Picture's That Define Nigerian Politicians / See How Rotimi Amechi's Wife Consoled Him After Rivers Election Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 22, 2015
Amechi does not know how to answer questions. He seem very shallow in understanding or probably, tension took hold of him owing to charges against him.

He can't separate an expression from a question. He was asked to define corruption after an expression "prostitution is worst that corruption", He went ahead to talk trash.

He also said that most people are unemployable. That was a very unreasonable comment for him to make. When talking about education, the reference "unemployable" should not come up. Their is a difference between graduate and non graduates and uneducated. Their is also difference between skilled and non skilled. Any body making comment about unemployability of Nigerian youths should be specific on what category they are referring to. If Amechi is trying to give excuse about youth unemployment in Nigeria which they promised to solve during their campaign, he should think again. The past administration used that word and it made the youth to rebel against them by voting them out. It is too early for them to make such comment. They should first provide jobs or avenues for employment and see what would happen first before making such claim.

If You are a HR personnel and Amechi was your guest, I believe your response at the end of the interview would be, "we will get back to you"

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi by nickxtra(m): 1:27pm On Oct 22, 2015
But he said it depends on how one defines it. Just like so may other concepts, corruption has no one generally accepted definition.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi by Precide(m): 1:30pm On Oct 22, 2015
G
Re: It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 22, 2015
nickxtra:
But he said it depends on how one defines it. Just like so may other concepts, corruption has no one generally accepted definition.

That is not the issue. He was asked to define corruption in his own view. He did not provide any but rather, he went about beating the bush on an expression made by the senator. That is very bad for an anti corruption crusader.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi by timidot(m): 1:37pm On Oct 22, 2015
He cant define it cos he will stoning himself if he does

2 Likes

Re: It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 22, 2015
timidot:
He cant define it cos he will stoning himself if he does
wow.
Re: It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi by drshrewd: 1:57pm On Oct 22, 2015
victorels:
Amechi do not know how to answer questions. He seem very shallow in understanding or probably, tension took hold of him owing to charges against him.

He can't separate ans expression from a question. He was asked to define corruption after an expression "prostitution is worst that corruption". He went ahead to talk trash.

He said that most of people are unemployable. That was a very unreasonable comment for him to make. When talking about education, the reference "unemployable" should not come up. Their is a difference between graduate and non graduates and uneducated. Their is also difference between skilled and non skilled. Any body making comment about unemployability of Nigerian youths should be specific on what category they are referring to.

you are way too obstinate to relate with discourse of this proportion. this is not primary school kinda questions that you expect definitions. its rather more of an expository kind of answers that should be expected just as the former governor did.
for me Amaechi remains one of the best performers in the screening so far. he brought so much levity and liveliness to the whole process. his confidence was top notch. he dictated the tone and was summarily in charge of his own screening.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 22, 2015
This is not a JAMB QUESTION nor is Amaechi defending his PhD Thesis. Corruption entails numerous concepts as he said. The most important thing is that stealing is now an act and element of corrupt.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi by mikolo80: 2:36pm On Oct 22, 2015
victorels:
Amechi do not know how to answer questions. He seem very shallow in understanding or probably, tension took hold of him owing to charges against him.

He can't separate ans expression from a question. He was asked to define corruption after an expression "prostitution is worst that corruption". He went ahead to talk trash.

He said that most of people are unemployable. That was a very unreasonable comment for him to make. When talking about education, the reference "unemployable" should not come up. Their is a difference between graduate and non graduates and uneducated. Their is also difference between skilled and non skilled. Any body making comment about unemployability of Nigerian youths should be specific on what category they are referring to.

If You are a HR personnel and Amechi was your guest, I believe your response at the end of the interview would be, "we would get back to you"

with your English and reasoning
you self are unemployable
Abi you fit employ 'graduate ' when no fit speak English op write letter. see the way you're beating about the bush yet condemning another man.
he has reason to beat about the bush
what's yours

2 Likes

Re: It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 22, 2015
mikolo80:
with your English and reasoning
you self are unemployable
Abi you fit employ 'graduate ' when no fit speak English op write letter. see the way you're beating about the bush yet condemning another man.
he has reason to beat about the bush
what's yours

I am on Nairaland. is that not enough qualification for employability?

If you have issues with my opinion, creat a topic to counter it. Your insult depict how lame you are.

1 Like

Re: It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi by mikolo80: 7:37pm On Oct 22, 2015
victorels:

I am on Nairaland. is that not enough qualification for employability?

If you have issues with my opinion, creat a topic to counter it. Your insult depict how lame you are.
i did not insult you.
just shows how unemployable you are
you claim to be a graduate yet cannot read comprehend or write in the english language
unfortunately most white collar jobs is conducted in said language
please put nairaland on your cv as a skill and come and tell us if you got the job

1 Like

Re: It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 22, 2015
mikolo80:
i did not insult you.
just shows how unemployable you are
you claim to be a graduate yet cannot read comprehend or write in the english language
unfortunately most white collar jobs is conducted in said language
please put nairaland on your cv as a skill and come and tell us if you got the job
Why do you care to reply an unemployable person. It seem like you just want to be engaged. You are welcomed.

1 Like

Re: It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi by mikolo80: 8:42pm On Oct 22, 2015
victorels:

Why do you care to reply an unemployable person. It seem like you just want to be engaged. You are welcomed.
why do you comment in public forum
is it not to be engaged
but most importantly i am highlighting a problem so maybe you can find a solution
but you obviosly believe that "graduating" from a substandard educational system is enough to help you survive in today's world
news flash,most nigerian graduates are unemployeable because nigeria does not NEED graduates
she needs farmers,finance experts,managers(not entitled idiots)
would you hire a butcher when you need eye surgery
shebi all na knife
Re: It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 22, 2015
mikolo80:

why do you comment in public forum
is it not to be engaged
but most importantly i am highlighting a problem so maybe you can find a solution
but you obviously believe that "graduating" from a substandard educational system is enough to help you survive in today's world
news flash,most nigerian graduates are unemployable because Nigeria does not NEED graduates
she needs farmers,finance experts,managers(not entitled idiots)
would you hire a butcher when you need eye surgery
shebi all na knife

Thank you for mentioning that. Have you advertised for an eye surgeon and failed to get one? Have advertised for a farmer and failed to get one? Have you advertised for accountant, managers or researchers and failed to get one? That people are applying for jobs that they do not possess the paper qualification does not imply unemployability. It only means that those responsible for provision of the jobs for the various fields have not or are not doing enough as expected. They therefore possess no right to call the unemployed unemployable. It is a mark of pride.

You are just in here to divert attention. I am not distracted.

1 Like

Re: It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi by mikolo80: 9:17pm On Oct 22, 2015
victorels:

Thank you for mentioning that. Have you advertised for an eye surgeon and failed to get one?
are you in nigeria at all or
are you blind or retarded
do you not see ppl running out of nigeria for different surgery

[/quote]
Have advertised for a farmer and failed to get one?[/quote]prices of food is going up
demand is high
supply is low(part of the defective education i was trying to point out)
which advert are you waiting for(yes my father advertised for farmers,nobody came,bush has grown to cover the land they cleared)

Have you advertised for accountant, managers or researchers and failed to get one?
you're tin' it
still not gettin it
we don't have accountants ,managers or researchers
what we have are bookkeepers,"managing managers" and cut and pasters for title

That people are applying for jobs that they do not possess the paper qualification does not imply unemployability.

that people
[/quote]
It only means that those responsible for provision of the jobs for the various fields have not or are not doing enough as expected.
[/quote]
nobody owes you gaddem thing
they struggled for theirs
struggle for yours
if you like wait for manna to drop from heaven and spoonfeed you

They therefore possess no right to call the unemployed unemployable. It is a mark of pride.
they do
they are
the question now is...
wtf are you go'n do about it
biitch and moan or think outside the box
the way a REAL graduate would

[/quote]
You are just in here to divert attention. I am not distracted.[/quote]from ignorance yes
from the topic,this is our third reply to each other
we talking about what you said
would you employ a graduate that does'nt know the meaning of the word distract
Re: It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi by fistonati(m): 9:31pm On Oct 22, 2015
After amaechi made dt speech, my prof said ds is a disgrace to Nigeria. Dt why not just define corruption as it is. Anyway dt shows wat to expect from d so called change mantra.

In another word, na pidgin amaechi sabi. Dem for ask im in pidgin
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 23, 2015
mikolo80:
Trash
I would have asked you to go home if this were a bear parlor. Your level of intoxication is unbearable.
Re: It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 23, 2015
fistonati:
After amaechi made dt speech, my prof said ds is a disgrace to Nigeria. Dt why not just define corruption as it is. Anyway dt shows wat to expect from d so called change mantra.

In another word, na pidgin amaechi sabi. Dem for ask im in pidgin
grin grin grin grin grin
For some one that was chanting corruption against the past government during the campaign, he should have given an expression of what the previous government did that he saw as corruption.

He is still a proud man.
Re: It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi by tuniski: 8:12am On Oct 23, 2015
Omotolu:
This is not a JAMB QUESTION nor is Amaechi defending his PhD Thesis. Corruption entails numerous concepts as he said. The most important thing is that stealing is now an act and element of corrupt.
Amaechi couldn't define corruption but, attacks a president who did by legal reference. Anyway, stealing is not corruption both in lexicon and before the law! The propaganda of electioneering aside let things be in proper perspective.
Re: It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 23, 2015
tuniski:
Amaechi couldn't define corruption but, attacks a president who did by legal reference. Anyway, stealing is not corruption both in lexicon and before the law! The propaganda of electioneering aside let things be in proper perspective.
...as Amaechi noted, corruption is so complex to define. He cited 2 or 3 instances of an act of corruption. Even folks with PhD, find it difficult to define corruption (I'm not referring to Jonathan). I will define corruption as an act of gross indiscipline. Hence stealing falls into that corrupt act.
Re: It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi by tuniski: 8:27am On Oct 23, 2015
Omotolu:
...as Amaechi noted, corruption is so complex to define. He cited 2 or 3 instances of an act of corruption. Even folks with PhD, find it difficult to define corruption (I'm not referring to Jonathan). I will define corruption as an act of gross indiscipline. Hence stealing falls into that corrupt act.
u tried but, between your individual definition and a legal distinction which will u take? Stealing is not corruption in our laws! It was a convenient blackmail by the media and opposition to take beer parlour statement as official/legal position. Only in such places is stealing same as corruption.
Re: It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 23, 2015
Omotolu:
One of the Minister nominee from Plateau State who also doubles as a legal practitioner clearly stated that corruption can only be defined by the law and not morals. If a politician sleep with a lady that is not his wife, the politician lack morals. It is not in the constitution that a politician should not sleep with another woman other than his wife.

The only time it becomes corruption is if it becomes rape or any other sexual abuse that is captured in the law. His example is too loosed to be regarded as a definition of corruption.

Stealing is corruption though. The law is against stealing.

1 Like

Re: It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 23, 2015
victorels:

One of the Minister nominee from Plateau State who also doubles as a legal practitioner clearly stated that corruption can only be defined by the law and not morals. If a politician sleep with a lady that is not his wife, the politician lack morals. It is not in the constitution that a politician should not sleep with another woman other than his wife.

The only time it becomes corruption is if it becomes rape or any other sexual abuse that is captured in the law. His example is too loosed to be regarded as a definition of corruption.

Stealing is corruption though. The law is against stealing.
...we are on the same page. I said corruption is an ACT OF GROSS INDISCIPLINE.
Re: It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 23, 2015
Omotolu:
...we are on the same page. I said corruption is an ACT OF GROSS INDISCIPLINE Punishable by Law.
Fixed.

If a gross indiscipline is not captured in the law, it is not corruption according to constitution.
Re: It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 23, 2015
tuniski:
u tried but, between your individual definition and a legal distinction which will u take? Stealing is not corruption in our laws! It was a convenient blackmail by the media and opposition to take beer parlour statement as official/legal position. Only in such places is stealing same as corruption.
...my definition of corruption is though personal, but it's also scholarly. Scholars approved the definition in one of my Master's seminars. Jonathan gave corruption a lopsided definition. The Nigerian constitution is relatively silent on stealing as whether it is an act of corruption or not. Anything that embody indiscipline is corruption...
Re: It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 23, 2015
victorels:

Fixed.

If a gross indiscipline is not captured in the law, it is not corruption according to constitution.
...every act of gross indiscipline should be subject to punishment.
Re: It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi by hardywaltz(m): 9:19am On Oct 23, 2015
Wailers wail on...

Amaechi no send una

Re: It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 23, 2015
Omotolu:
...every act of gross indiscipline should be subject to punishment.
it is the law that stipulates punishments. If the law has nothing to say about selling snakes in the name of fish, the only thing that would be done is just to caution the offender.

We should demand the law makers to define what is corruption and what is not. They are the custodian of the constitution of Nigeria. They owe us this at this time, else, people would religious morals to define it. Some states are doing it already in the name of sharia laws.

1 Like

Re: It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi by hinwazaka: 9:25am On Oct 23, 2015
It isn't Amaechi's fault. "Youths are useless" is the new motto by the APC, even the Vice president, said the same thing. It was probably started, by Audu Ogbeh, who once said that he still houses and feeds his children, who are aged between 33 and 38. What do you expect, from a party of senile old men.

1 Like

Re: It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 23, 2015
victorels:

it is the law that stipulates punishments. If the law has nothing to say about selling snakes in the name of fish, the only thing that would be done is just to caution the offender.

We should demand the law makers to define what is corruption and what is not. They are the custodian of the constitution of Nigeria. They owe us this at this time, else, people would religious morals to define it. Some states are doing it already in the name of sharia laws.
....the framers of the constitution should define corrupt...
Re: It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 23, 2015
victorels:

....the framers of the constitution should define corruption...
Re: It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi by phantom(m): 10:59am On Oct 23, 2015
drshrewd:

you are way too obstinate to relate with discourse of this proportion. this is not primary school kinda questions that you expect definitions. its rather more of an expository kind of answers that should be expected just as the former governor did.
for me Amaechi remains one of the best performers in the screening so far. he brought so much levity and liveliness to the whole process. his confidence was top notch. he dictated the tone and was summarily in charge of his own screening.
why you dey answer these people whose brains are half that of a newt?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tonye Barcanister Ndokis, Bonny Are Tight Ibo Tribes / Shocking Footage:nigerians- Boys Who Perished In The Dersert Heading Oversea / Dangote To Generate 12,000 Megawatts For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.