Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,209 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog (11369 Views)

Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So / An Open Letter To Bloggers Struggling To Get More Traffic By Jon Morrow / Free Ways To Promote Your Website/blog Online And Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 23, 2015
I want to start blogging....can smone pls teach me
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by ikombe: 4:45pm On Oct 23, 2015
naijainfogalery:
All these bloggers will come here and post all this trash here every week yet none of you is buying mansion in Banana Island.
Abeg instead of all this rubbish. just introduce me to the baba that helped Linda Ikeji do her own, i swear the baba juju dey work well well.
I bet Linda Ikeji isnt doing all these things you listed here.
lmao grin
heheheheheheheheheheh
falls from bank roof grin
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by Mightyguy(m): 4:46pm On Oct 23, 2015
V
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by investwisely: 4:46pm On Oct 23, 2015
[url]http://thewizjapsy..com/[/url]
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by Julius2214(m): 4:48pm On Oct 23, 2015
honeeeybabe:
I want to start blogging....can smone pls teach me
Contact me julius@bloggingplan.com
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by adeoba2008(m): 5:02pm On Oct 23, 2015
Content is king. That is the only one I will go for. If your readers are satisfied. They will recommend others.
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by mynaijainfo(m): 5:03pm On Oct 23, 2015
Great post there.....I'm loving it. cool
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by mynaijainfo(m): 5:05pm On Oct 23, 2015
Thanks for sharing this

1 Like

Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by Julius2214(m): 5:06pm On Oct 23, 2015
adeoba2008:
Content is king. That is the only one I will go for. If your readers are satisfied. They will recommend others.
You're right, content matters in a big way. Visitors won't come back if all they read on a blog is trash.
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by bufness(m): 5:07pm On Oct 23, 2015
nice writeup
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by wx9Z: 5:21pm On Oct 23, 2015
Hmmmmm
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by decountof(m): 5:31pm On Oct 23, 2015
mackmanuel:
Ok, so I want to use this medium to tell new bloggers looking for a webmaster to be careful of who you are giving your project, latest scammer on NL looking for peoples little money.
Beware !!!.
Name: ( Oluwaseun Paul); username: dwebdesign , webzyweb ; Email: segzy54@gmail.com; Number: 08133884165
He will even talk to you on phone and act like a
brother but later gonna scam you.
#Thanks

Am a witness...total scam

2 Likes

Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 23, 2015
Julius2214:
Contact me julius@bloggingplan.com
visited ur blog.....ow do we chat
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by Rapsodee(m): 5:58pm On Oct 23, 2015
Nice tips...You guys should visit my blog on my signature o
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by macho44(m): 6:18pm On Oct 23, 2015
Julius2214:
Getting traffic for your blog is a challenging task, especially if your blog is a new one, unless you’re prepared to spend money on advertisement.

Knowing that you’re the only reader of your blog is somehow heartbreaking and makes you wanna give up. The truth is that, you can never make a dime from a blog without traffic. But before you think of giving up, there are actually ways you can get traffic on your blog for free. Yes free! And legally of course.

In this post, I’ll be showing you 10 free ways to get more traffic to your blog. Read on

[size=13pt]1. Site optimization[/size]
Traffic from search engines are the best. If done properly, site optimization will work wonder on your blog. Though optimizing your blog for search engines is one of the hardest method of getting free traffic, but making use of plugins like WordPress SEO by Yoast (only WordPress users). That’s one of the advantages of using WordPress for blogging.

[size=13pt]2. Fresh and valuable contents[/size]
According to Google, “keep it fresh and relevant”. People will check back on your blog if they enjoy your posts to see if you published a new post. That is why you must always update your blog. If they frequently check your, but the last post is still the same, they may never come back again. To make this system work for you, you should regularly give your readers interesting and valuable content.

[size=13pt]3. Free Product or service offering[/size]
People love free stuff. You can give out free eBooks or host a giveaway. This has been one of the effective ways to get free traffic. It will bring you loyal visitors and increase your traffic if you do it regularly. If you are offering a free eBook, it must be related to your niche else it won’t work,

[size=13pt]4. Posting on Forums[/size]
Most forums allow signature, if you know what I mean. You can use this to your advantage by placing a link back to your blog. With this style you can build a big list of followings because if you solve one or the query on the web people have a tendency to click on the URL in your signature to know more about you and hence can know about your website and start following you. Almost all blog owners on NairaLand uses this method.

[size=13pt]5. Guest posting on high traffic blogs[/size]
If you give one of the best content to others it can make your website rank go up as it not only drives traffic towards your website but also establishes you as a serious folk in Blogging arena. Make sure you target a high ranking blog with massive traffic in your niche.

[size=13pt]6. Responsiveness[/size]
Your blog should be mobile friendly to give easy access to mobile users. The web is going mobile. More and more people browse the web with their phone. If your blog is not responsive, you are sending visitors and your prospective customers away.

[size=13pt]7. Social Media[/size]
If all you do with Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and the likes is chatting and viewing pictures, then you’re wasting your time. Or you only use YouTube for watching and downloading videos, it will never benefit you. Make good use of your time today and start promoting your blog on social media.

[size=13pt]8. Commenting on other blogs[/size]
Find popular blogs in your niche and post relevant and helpful comments on the posts. But instead of linking your name to your blog’s homepage, link to your post on related content. This way when they click through, they are immediately on a highly relevant page that they are interested in. And because they read your comment, which was useful and unique, they already think of you as an authority.

[size=13pt]9. Respond to comments of your posts[/size]
Person who is writing a comment on your website is spending some time with your website and hence is sharing experience appreciate people for thoughts and do comment back also you can visit their websites and mark few comments. Be honest while responding on your website or writing comment on others website to make sure you are not ending up on people’s spams.

[size=13pt]10. Link to other blogs[/size]
Link to other bloggers in your post. That’s really all there is to it. One of the biggest mistakes you can make is never linking out. Link out to others in your posts and they will take notice of you, most of them will tweet about your post at the very least. Some of them will even link back to you. This is a easy and free way to get traffic. Just don’t forget about your readers and make sure that the links are relevant.

http://bloggingplan.com/10-free-ways-to-get-more-traffic-on-your-blog/
Without reasonable doubt, your points are quite true. But facts still remains,"ORIGINALITY" is the surest way
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 23, 2015
naijainfogalery:
All these bloggers will come here and post all this trash here every week yet none of you is buying mansion in Banana Island.
Abeg instead of all this rubbish. just introduce me to the baba that helped Linda Ikeji do her own, i swear the baba juju dey work well well.
I disagree with u. linda is a dedicated and persistent blogger. nor be juju o... Na determination, nd God.
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by raymondhill: 7:19pm On Oct 23, 2015
Great and practical tips. Making money via the internet keeps getting better by the day. Have you register for the free export seminar coming up next week? Get the free details here: https://www.nairaland.com/2667124/free-business-seminar-how-export
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by Smartresult(f): 7:29pm On Oct 23, 2015
good work, but you can also Generate Web traffics to Your Blog through Images
Web traffics is crucial to any online business success, an internet business cannot succeed without a reliable traffics. The dream of every online marketer is to get the maximum number of visitors to his website.
If you are not new in internet business , I know you must have come across, term like seo, search engine optimization, email marketing, social book marking , guest blogging, blog directories and more, what are all this for? They for generating potential customers. Therefore you see you cannot do business without web trafficscontinue reading
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by olobank: 7:30pm On Oct 23, 2015
Nice Post. I have an addition. Have you heard website overlay technology. Super cool way for you to drive traffic by having your ad slot shown up on a site like CNN and BBC or even Nairaland. See a sample here http://go.visibi.ly/svb/622 grin
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 23, 2015
naijainfogalery:
Bros linda has been blogging for over 9yrs now so don't expect every rising blogger to be making that huge amount of money like she does. Blogging takes time to start fetching you money. It's gradual process that requires patience, dedication, hardwork and persistence.
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by Julius2214(m): 8:43pm On Oct 23, 2015
MrJohnAgbo:

Bros linda has been blogging for over 9yrs now so don't expect every rising blogger to be making that huge amount of money like she does. Blogging takes time to start fetching you money. It's gradual process that requires patience, dedication, hardwork and persistence.
You said it all my brother. When you're determined, you'll achieve in a 'big' way.

1 Like

Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by cooldays(m): 8:48pm On Oct 23, 2015
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by Julius2214(m): 9:02pm On Oct 23, 2015
honeeeybabe:

visited ur blog.....ow do we chat
Check here http://bloggingplan.com/contact/
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by Julius2214(m): 9:09pm On Oct 23, 2015
mcmaurice20:
op pls how do I use my blog to make money
Contact me. Let's talk more on that. There're different ways, depending on your chosen niche
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by GreatManBee: 10:27pm On Oct 23, 2015
Julius2214:
Getting traffic for your blog is a challenging task, especially if your blog is a new one, unless you’re prepared to spend money on advertisement.

Knowing that you’re the only reader of your blog is somehow heartbreaking and makes you wanna give up. The truth is that, you can never make a dime from a blog without traffic. But before you think of giving up, there are actually ways you can get traffic on your blog for free. Yes free! And legally of course.

In this post, I’ll be showing you 10 free ways to get more traffic to your blog. Read on

[size=13pt]1. Site optimization[/size]
Traffic from search engines are the best. If done properly, site optimization will work wonder on your blog. Though optimizing your blog for search engines is one of the hardest method of getting free traffic, but making use of plugins like WordPress SEO by Yoast (only WordPress users). That’s one of the advantages of using WordPress for blogging.

[size=13pt]2. Fresh and valuable contents[/size]
According to Google, “keep it fresh and relevant”. People will check back on your blog if they enjoy your posts to see if you published a new post. That is why you must always update your blog. If they frequently check your, but the last post is still the same, they may never come back again. To make this system work for you, you should regularly give your readers interesting and valuable content.

[size=13pt]3. Free Product or service offering[/size]
People love free stuff. You can give out free eBooks or host a giveaway. This has been one of the effective ways to get free traffic. It will bring you loyal visitors and increase your traffic if you do it regularly. If you are offering a free eBook, it must be related to your niche else it won’t work,

[size=13pt]4. Posting on Forums[/size]
Most forums allow signature, if you know what I mean. You can use this to your advantage by placing a link back to your blog. With this style you can build a big list of followings because if you solve one or the query on the web people have a tendency to click on the URL in your signature to know more about you and hence can know about your website and start following you. Almost all blog owners on NairaLand uses this method.

[size=13pt]5. Guest posting on high traffic blogs[/size]
If you give one of the best content to others it can make your website rank go up as it not only drives traffic towards your website but also establishes you as a serious folk in Blogging arena. Make sure you target a high ranking blog with massive traffic in your niche.

[size=13pt]6. Responsiveness[/size]
Your blog should be mobile friendly to give easy access to mobile users. The web is going mobile. More and more people browse the web with their phone. If your blog is not responsive, you are sending visitors and your prospective customers away.

[size=13pt]7. Social Media[/size]
If all you do with Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and the likes is chatting and viewing pictures, then you’re wasting your time. Or you only use YouTube for watching and downloading videos, it will never benefit you. Make good use of your time today and start promoting your blog on social media.

[size=13pt]8. Commenting on other blogs[/size]
Find popular blogs in your niche and post relevant and helpful comments on the posts. But instead of linking your name to your blog’s homepage, link to your post on related content. This way when they click through, they are immediately on a highly relevant page that they are interested in. And because they read your comment, which was useful and unique, they already think of you as an authority.

[size=13pt]9. Respond to comments of your posts[/size]
Person who is writing a comment on your website is spending some time with your website and hence is sharing experience appreciate people for thoughts and do comment back also you can visit their websites and mark few comments. Be honest while responding on your website or writing comment on others website to make sure you are not ending up on people’s spams.

[size=13pt]10. Link to other blogs[/size]
Link to other bloggers in your post. That’s really all there is to it. One of the biggest mistakes you can make is never linking out. Link out to others in your posts and they will take notice of you, most of them will tweet about your post at the very least. Some of them will even link back to you. This is a easy and free way to get traffic. Just don’t forget about your readers and make sure that the links are relevant.

http://bloggingplan.com/10-free-ways-to-get-more-traffic-on-your-blog/
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by bummyla(m): 11:44pm On Oct 23, 2015
Thank You Very Much! But You Did Not Say Much About SEO! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by Julius2214(m): 11:58pm On Oct 23, 2015
bummyla:
Thank You Very Much! But You Did Not Say Much About SEO! http://www.bummyla.com
I'll be writing on that next time. Always check my blog
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by ExpertNosa(m): 8:05am On Oct 24, 2015
thanks for this it was really helpful , I just start implementing gon www.michaelnosa.com go check it out
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by swayflow: 5:49pm On Oct 24, 2015
Please check out and subscribe to my blog www.lifemademe.com thanks
Re: 10 Free Ways To Get More Traffic On Your Blog by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 10:29am On Oct 26, 2015
naijainfogalery:

You are funny man!! Lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Very Funny Facebook Statuses / Google Adsense Questions : Please Help. / Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.