Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Your Personality According To How You React To Compliments - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Personality According To How You React To Compliments (639 Views)

Biskit Presses His Mom's Butt, Shares Video, Nigerians React / "She Carry Belle For Front & Back" - Media React To Lady's Pregnancy Photo / 8 Signs A Marriage Won’t Last, According To Divorce Lawyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Personality According To How You React To Compliments by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 22, 2015
Think of the last time you were complimented, how did you react to it. Did you...
1) Refer to someone else.
If you shift the compliment towards someone else, it means you are a loyal friend and enjoy being part of a team. You are helpful and dedicated to your work. You believe that everybody is equal and hate all kinds of discrimination.
2) You agree.
If you agree with the compliment and say "Yes! Everybody is saying that about me!", it means you are attractive and charming. You have a good sense of humor, and are open, confident and witty.
3) Ignore the compliment. If you try to change the subject when you are
being complimented or you simply ignore it, this means that you don't like to pretend and you cherish authenticity. You feel that saying nice things to someone is merely an attempt to please the listener. You don't believe there is truth in
compliments, and think that the complimenter must want something in return. You have good self-esteem and aren't afraid of criticizing, or being criticized.
4) Return the compliment. When you hear someone compliment you, you
return the same compliment. This suggests that you are carefree and independent. You never ask for favors, preferring to help yourself instead. You like to take the lead.
5) Answer with a question. When you are being complimented, you respond with a question such as "Who me?" "You think so?" or "Really?". This shows that you are a good listener and tend to agree with other people's opinions. You don't like conflict and never discriminate against others.
6) Say “thank you" graciously. If you are gracious and simply say thank you when you receive a compliment, it shows that you are confident and self-assured. You respect the privacy of others, and don't like to poke your nose into anyone's business. You are sure of what your
values are, and are proud of what you believe.
Re: Your Personality According To How You React To Compliments by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 22, 2015
I do 2 and 6 but 6 more often. cheesy
Re: Your Personality According To How You React To Compliments by FruityLass: 7:33pm On Oct 22, 2015
Colleague: Very well kitted

Me: oh really?
Are you sure?
Oh bae thank you smiley
Re: Your Personality According To How You React To Compliments by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 22, 2015
No 3
I often get rude as well, cause I suddenly feel somebody is about to scam me.

(1) (Reply)

Man Raped His Two Daughters, Impregnate One / A Message To All Men(husbands) - Dr. Sandra Duru- Eluobi / Two Corpses Mysteriously Disappear From Morgue On Day Of Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.