Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,159 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (668656 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:08am On Oct 27, 2015
IlekeHD:

Won le yo omo Yoruba kuro nile Yoruba, sugbon won o le yo Yoruba ninu eleda won.

True that cool.

But there are lots of omo Yoruba trying so hard to expunge Yoruba out of their make-up while struggling to be 'westernized'.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 2:11am On Oct 27, 2015
9jacrip:

True that cool.

But there are lots of omo Yoruba trying so hard to expunge Yoruba out of their make-up while struggling to be 'westernized'.

Never gonna happen. Not just Youbas, I've met fake nigerians all over the board. I stay away from those people for OTHER reasons.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:12am On Oct 27, 2015
9jacrip:

True that cool.

Those are the ones that pronounce hospital as Hospiru. ki olorun ko ko wa yo

At least those who grew up in jand still have an excuse, ewo ni ta won ti locally-acquired foreign accent

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by laudate: 2:15am On Oct 27, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
Contary to what a lot of people think, Ogunlesi is not the owner of Gatwick airport, he's just the Chairman of one of the companies that own it.The company he heads owns the majority though

Yeah, but do you know what it means to be able to raise that kind of financing as an investment banker in the US?? Such cross-border deals don't come through, often. It takes guts, grit, a high networth, some high level stakes and tons of determination to structure such financing.

Abeg, the guy has my full respect! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 2:16am On Oct 27, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Those are the ones that pronounce hospital as Hospiru. ki olorun ko ko wa yo

At least those who grew up in jand still have an excuse, ewo ni ta won ti locally-acquired foreign accent

LMAOOOO grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:17am On Oct 27, 2015
laudate:

Yeah, but do you know what it means to be able to raise that kind of financing as an investment banker in the US?? Such cross-border deals don't come through, often. It takes guts, grit, a high networth, some high level stakes and tons of determination to structure such financing.

Abeg, the guy has my full respect! cheesy

I never took anything away from him though, i just wanted to clear that misconception.We're yorubas,we're not romanis who tell lies to themselves

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:18am On Oct 27, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Those are the ones that pronounce hospital as [b]Hospiru[size=15pt][/size]. ki olorun ko ko wa yo

At least those who grew up in jand still have an excuse, ewo ni ta won ti locally-acquired foreign accent[/b]

The emboldened killed me.

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 2:19am On Oct 27, 2015
From 42 to 60 pages, I think we did well today grin

Eku ise o

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 2:19am On Oct 27, 2015
9jacrip:

The emboldened killed me.

lol the guy needs to be a comedian

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:22am On Oct 27, 2015
I use to have a lot of them way back when i was home.You wey never comot naija, where you get accent?

Can someone please tell me how those guys manufacture it?

Yoruba movie stars are even worse
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:22am On Oct 27, 2015
IlekeHD:

Never gonna happen. Not just Youbas, I've met fake nigerians all over the board. I stay away from those people for OTHER reasons.

LOL.

The struggle to have accent, for social validation.

Back to one of the points you raised yesterday, how do we put things on ground and kick start the many almost utopian ideas for the old western region?

- How do we get the leaders in whatever party to stay bounded by Yoruba agenda and act within such frame?

- How do we identify leaders who have this passion within them?

- How do we get youths to think and work along the same line?

- How are we going to possibly get membership or observer's statuses in the Afenifere or other 'serious' Yoruba groups from where we can begin?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:24am On Oct 27, 2015
IlekeHD:

lol the guy needs to be a comedian

LOL, I think he should tow that path.

'Hospiru'.

cheesy
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:25am On Oct 27, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
I use to have a lot of them way back when i was home.You wey never comot naija, where you get accent?

Errm, I should add that the females are worse.

Especially the first day you walk up to them to 'toast', them go just scatter accent everywhere.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 2:27am On Oct 27, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Reminds me of that Toyin Aihmaku movie.....village girl pretending to be Americanized
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 2:27am On Oct 27, 2015
9jacrip:

Especially the first day you walk up to them to 'toast', them go just scatter accent everywhere.

Misogynist tsk tsk
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:30am On Oct 27, 2015
9jacrip:

I'm telling you brother,the females in my hood back then were something else. Even dem mistura cheesy

Then we have the "yo ma nigga" ones too but the good thing is those ones are usually red mud romanis so i don't really care.The yoruba ones just love dirty hairstyles.God help us
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 2:30am On Oct 27, 2015
9jacrip:

LOL.

The struggle to have accent, for social validation.

Back to one of the points you raised yesterday, how do we put things on ground and kick start the many almost utopian ideas for the old western region?

- How do we get the leaders in whatever party to stay bounded by Yoruba agenda and act within such frame?

- How do we identify leaders who have this passion within them?

3. How do we get youths to think and work along the same line?

- How are we going to possibly get membership or observer's statuses in the Afenifere or other 'serious' Yoruba groups from where we can begin?

I think the first step is #3. They youths will choose leaders who are aligned with the Yoruba interest. They sculpt these leaders.

To make this happen, they need to be enlightened, to know who their real enemies are.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:33am On Oct 27, 2015
IlekeHD:

Reminds me of that Toyin Aihmaku movie.....village girl pretending to be Americanized

Was she playing the role of a village girl pretending to be americanized or she was just trying to fake her accent in the movie
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:33am On Oct 27, 2015
IlekeHD:

Misogynist tsk tsk

Nor be so o, I'm not being a misogynist o!

It is just, my one year of PG studies at UI had me running into all types of girls but majority seem to have the accent problem.

It was so bad I tried to tone down the English with one by speaking pidgin and she told me to 'cut the pidgin please, I don't speak it'. In my head I was like 'God go punish you' - she gaffed by letting me see a convo with her friend where they were cracking pidgin like say na first language LOL.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:34am On Oct 27, 2015
IlekeHD:

I think the first step is #3. They youths will choose leaders who are aligned with the Yoruba interest. They sculpt these leaders.

To make this happen, they need to be enlightened, to know who their real enemies are.

Phew!
Iyen ma le di e o.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:35am On Oct 27, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

I'm telling you brother,the females in my hood back then were something else. Even dem mistura cheesy

Then we have the "yo ma nigga" [/b]ones too but the good thing is those ones are usually red mud romanis so i don't really care.The yoruba ones just love[b] dirty hairstyles.God help us

LOL mistura bawo? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Awon wizkid boys LOL

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 2:36am On Oct 27, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Was she playing the role of a village girl pretending to be americanized or she was just trying to fake her accent in the movie

Playing the role lol

9jacrip:

Phew!
Iyen ma le di e o.

It took me less than a year on the politics section to get into that mindset.

I think NL does a great job of dividing people and waking them up to reality. Imagine what a few whispers on a communicative outlet can do.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:37am On Oct 27, 2015
IlekeHD:

Playing the role lol

It took me less than a year on the politics section to get into that mindset.

I think NL does a great job of dividing people and waking them up to reality. Imagine what a few whispers on a communicative outlet can do.

Yes, it does.
We will see how it goes sha.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:38am On Oct 27, 2015
9jacrip:

LOL mistura bawo? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Awon wizkid boys LOL

Mistura is the name of one of those skreps in my hood back then but the m.o.fo actually feels like a beyonce.God help us!

This brings me back to what IyaIode was talking about yesterday, Yoruba movies are not helping situations either.Young kids who watch their favorite movie stars do these things end up trying to emulate them
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 2:39am On Oct 27, 2015
9jacrip:

Nor be so o, I'm not being a misogynist o!

It is just, my one year of PG studies at UI had me running into all types of girls but majority seem to have the accent problem.

It was so bad I tried to tone down the English with one by speaking pidgin and she told me to 'cut the pidgin please, I don't speak it'. In my head I was like 'God go punish you' - she gaffed by letting me see a convo with her friend where they were cracking pidgin like say na first language LOL.

lmaooooooooooooo omg.

Iwo na, se obirin ni won ni ko lo gbe nile iwe?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 2:41am On Oct 27, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Mistura is the name of one of those skreps in my hood back then but the m.o.fo actually feels like a beyonce.God help us!

This brings me back to what IyaIode was talking about yesterday, Yoruba movies are not helping situations either.Young kids who watch their favorite movie stars do these things end up trying to emulate them

Oh lawd the subtitles na die!!!

They need to hire professional technical writers.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:45am On Oct 27, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

LOL skrep toh bad.
You almost sound like you had something with mami Mistu lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Media generally they create problem. It takes a person able to take control of their own mind not to drown in the flood of what the media is dishing.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:46am On Oct 27, 2015
IlekeHD:

lmaooooooooooooo omg.

Iwo na, se obirin ni won ni ko lo gbe nile iwe?

LOL e ma da mi lohun jare, I just wanted to spread my wings a bit ni.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:50am On Oct 27, 2015
IlekeHD:

Oh lawd the subtitles na die!!!

They need to hire professional technical writers.

Aside the content and the subtitles, what of the way they act in these movies.Its just like the way some of us use to try performing those jet-li stunts when were young.Kids try to emulate movie stars they love and if they see a movie star pronouncing words a particular way, they will also do the same
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 2:52am On Oct 27, 2015
Honestly what does it take to make Yoruba nollywood understand the vitality of sensible plots, children-friendly story lines and correct subtitles?

Nigerians don't listen until you abuse them sha.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:53am On Oct 27, 2015
9jacrip:

LOL skrep toh bad.
You almost sound like you had something with mami Mistu lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Media generally they create problem. It takes a person able to take control of their own mind not to drown in the flood of what the media is dishing.

Hahaha i no get beef with mistura ooo, most of those skreps never knew me sef.As per the emboldened,even educated/enlightened folks are not safe from it

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 2:55am On Oct 27, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Aside the content and the subtitles, what of the way they act in these movies.Its just like the way some of us use to try performing those jet-li stunts when were young.Kids try to emulate movie stars they love and if they see a movie star pronouncing words a particular way, they will also do the same

True.

And why are they even watching any kind of nollywood movie.....? They're not rated for kids.

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (384) (Reply)

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.