Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

Are African Americans The Chosen People? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are African Americans The Chosen People? (8421 Views)

Why Do African Americans Generally Have Lighter Skin Tone Than Africans? / Refuting The Myth:African Americans Vs Africans(Nigerians) In America / Why Are African Women Jealous Of Interracial Couples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are African Americans The Chosen People? by Nobody: 2:31am On Oct 23, 2015
I recently watched a YouTube video with this African American lightskinned guy stating that African Americans are the chosen people on this planet. He said that African Americans are number one in the racial/ethnic hierarchy and that they ruled as kings and queens in Africa as overlords over Africans. To cut the long story short, I listened to his video in it's entirety and it got me thinking about the information this man spewed. And to be honest, he may have a point because African Americans have produced the best athletes, singers and entertainers in the world and also some of the world's most popular trends started in African American neighborhoods. I'd like to know what you guys think about this? Do you feel that the blacks in America are the chosen people?
Re: Are African Americans The Chosen People? by tpiander: 2:40am On Oct 23, 2015
it's possible.
Re: Are African Americans The Chosen People? by yomi007k(m): 2:42am On Oct 23, 2015
Na lie jooor.

Na jus mouth blackman get. undecided

1 Like

Re: Are African Americans The Chosen People? by Nobody: 2:49am On Oct 23, 2015
nairalandmaster:
well composed. nice info op

Thanks, but he did say that Africa hasn't produced the equivalent of a Michael Jackson or Michael Jordan, but we all know that's not true. Fela's music was felt worldwide and various other African/Nigerian musicians back in the day had as much talent as James Brown and Marvin Gaye.
Re: Are African Americans The Chosen People? by Nobody: 2:51am On Oct 23, 2015
yomi007k:
Na lie jooor.

Na jus mouth blackman get. undecided

Well, who knows if they are the chosen people or not. I mean they have gone through the most of any other group of people on the planet and they are pretty much the most talented people on the face of the earth.
Re: Are African Americans The Chosen People? by yomi007k(m): 2:58am On Oct 23, 2015
aim5:

Well, who knows if they are the chosen people or not. I mean they have gone through the most of any other group of people on the planet and they are pretty much the most talented people on the face of the earth.
Wat talents?
Did dey win nobel prizes or create things humans use daily?

Highest crime rate, prostitution,drug use.

Anywhere u have a concentration of black ppl, dat area is always a ghetto.

3 Likes

Re: Are African Americans The Chosen People? by yomi007k(m): 3:02am On Oct 23, 2015
The reason blacks suffer is becos dey r LAZY.

They jus wanna drink, have sex, have kids, party, show off expensive things...all of which leads to crime due to indiscipline.

Not to talk of lack of unity amongst them.

This is the reason other races don't like dem n treat dem like crap becos dey act like crap.

We need to change MINDSET.

2 Likes

Re: Are African Americans The Chosen People? by Nobody: 3:22am On Oct 23, 2015
yomi007k:

Wat talents?
Did dey win nobel prizes or create things humans use daily?

Highest crime rate, prostitution,drug use.

Anywhere u have a concentration of black ppl, dat area is always a ghetto.

Well, they have created things that we use on a day to day basis, it's just that they don't get credit for it. And if it wasn't for black slaves, America wouldn't be the way it is now. The slaves built that country and America got filthy rich off slavery.
Re: Are African Americans The Chosen People? by Nobody: 3:24am On Oct 23, 2015
yomi007k:

They jus wanna drink, have sex, have kids, party, show off expensive things...all of which leads to crime due to indiscipline.

This is the reason other races don't like dem n treat dem like crap becos dey act like crap.

True true. Both American blacks and Nigerians are too ostentatious for my liking. And the materialism has to be nipped in the bud as well because that has led to the moral decadence of African American Society and even in Nigerian society.
Re: Are African Americans The Chosen People? by Funjosh(m): 5:07am On Oct 23, 2015
The link to the YouTube Video please sad
Re: Are African Americans The Chosen People? by bigfrancis21: 5:32am On Oct 23, 2015
aim5:
I recently watched a YouTube video with this African American lightskinned guy stating that African Americans are the chosen people on this planet. He said that African Americans are number one in the racial/ethnic hierarchy and that they ruled as kings and queens in Africa as overlords over Africans. To cut the long story short, I listened to his video in it's entirety and it got me thinking about the information this man spewed. And to be honest, he may have a point because African Americans have produced the best athletes, singers and entertainers in the world and also some of the world's most popular trends started in African American neighborhoods. I'd like to know what you guys think about this? Do you feel that the blacks in America are the chosen people?

This post is quite funny. I find the title quite hilarious. Chosen people in what sense? Imagine the trash written up there. When did African Americans come to Africa to rule? Which kingdom did they rule? When did they return to Africa to rule over Africans? When in the point in history was that? Between 1650 and 1850 when they were still bound in the shackles of slavery? When did their masters release them to go to Africa 'to rule'? Weren't their ancestors captives of wars and inter-tribal rivalry that were carted away from Africa as slaves? Never did Africans give away their royal blood or kings. So how come this so-called 'chosen people' nonsense? Please pick up a damn book or utilize the internet and educate yourself. Why do people concoct blatant lies to make themselves feel good?

Then I see another group of African Americans, in their quest for an identity, go about claiming to be the 'real jews' based on the bible paragraph that mentioned the Hebrews being sold off into slavery while totally forgetting (or is it a lack of critical thinking) that the passage referred to the actual people from whom some of them will be sold off into slavery and not those sold off into slavery as the 'chosen' people.

I see a lot of African Americans come up with several irrational theories and interpretations all in the search for an identity when their identity is not far to fetch - they simply come from Africa regardless of their current admixture. Many are blatant ignorant about their homeland and have bought into the false American media stereotype about Africans. Many AAs flatly reject having any connection to Africa because they think Africans still run around bu.tt naked with spears and bows, riding on horses back and drinking raw cow milk. Such absurdity. AAs need not look too far in search of their identity. Africa is your home. If you care so much about your identity, first embrace your African ancestry. Only then would you find peace with yourself.

7 Likes

Re: Are African Americans The Chosen People? by tpiander: 8:41am On Oct 23, 2015
You have to admit though, AAs are doing better than CAs in almost every sphere of life. (AA includes west indian descent).

They have a better standard of living, a govt who provides them with their basic needs and social infrastructures, they have access to virtually anywhere they want to penetrate whether in the US or in Africa/other parts of the world, they are well represented in any field you want to name. Even their poverty (ie the ones who are poor), would still qualify as relatively rich in Africa.

They are connected with every race on the planet as well, due to admixture.

So, overall, I'd say they are not doing badly for themselves.
Re: Are African Americans The Chosen People? by musicwriter(m): 8:54am On Oct 23, 2015
aim5:

Weren't they sold to slavery from Africa?. If there are any chosen people on earth it should therefore be Africans, and may be a few African Americans.

1 Like

Re: Are African Americans The Chosen People? by musicwriter(m): 9:05am On Oct 23, 2015
bigfrancis21:

This post is quite funny. I find the title quite hilarious. Chosen people in what sense? Imagine the trash written up there. When did African Americans come to Africa to rule? Which kingdom did they rule? When did they return to Africa to rule over Africans? When in the point in history was that? Between 1650 and 1850 when they were still bound in the shackles of slavery? When did their masters release them to go to Africa 'to rule'? Weren't their ancestors captives of wars and inter-tribal rivalry that were carted away from Africa as slaves? Never did Africans give away their royal blood or kings. So how come this so-called 'chosen people' nonsense? Please pick up a damn book or utilize the internet and educate yourself. Why do people concoct blatant lies to make themselves feel good?

Then I see another group of African Americans, in their quest for an identity, go about claiming to be the 'real jews' based on the bible paragraph that mentioned the Hebrews being sold off into slavery while totally forgetting (or is it a lack of critical thinking) that the passage referred to the actual people from whom some of them will be sold off into slavery and not those sold of into slavery as the 'chosen' people.

I see a lot of African Americans come up with several irrational theories and interpretations all in the search for an identity when their identity is not far to fetch - they simply come from Africa regardless of their current admixture. Many are blatant ignorant about their homeland and have bought into the false American media stereotype about Africans. Many AAs flatly reject having any connection to Africa because they think Africans still run around bu.tt naked with spears and bows, riding on horses back and drinking raw cow milk. Such absurdity. AAs need not look to far in search of their identity. Africa is your home. If you care so much about your identity, first embrace your African ancestry. Only then would you find peace with yourself.

I like this response.

And I've heard that story before that African Americans feel a bit ashamed to be associated to Africa. What a naive people!. They must be thinking they're better than Africans, when the issue of racism and their place in America have not been resolved for over 300 years!. Imagine, Obama as president was forced to show his ID on live TV to prove he's actually an American. What a way to ridicule someone!.

Thank God I wasn't born in America!.
Re: Are African Americans The Chosen People? by tpiander: 9:08am On Oct 23, 2015
Is Obama the poster child for black people?

Thank God you weren't born in America but you are still quoting Obama, who was, as your role model.

You are confused.

If being asked to show his id on television is the least of his problems, then he has it good.
Re: Are African Americans The Chosen People? by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 23, 2015
musicwriter:

I like this response.

And I've heard that story before that African Americans feel a bit ashamed to be associated to Africa. What a naive people!. They must be thinking they're better than Africans, when the issue of racism and their place in America have not been resolved for over 300 years!. Imagine, Obama as president was forced to show his ID on live TV to prove he's actually an American. What a way to ridicule someone!.

Thank God I wasn't born in America!.

Guy, I never believed that they ruled African civilizations, so don't try and twist my words abeg. I just said that they have some hidden potential and that certain characteristics could make them "the chosen ones".
Re: Are African Americans The Chosen People? by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 23, 2015
musicwriter:

Weren't they sold to slavery from Africa?. If they are any chosen people on earth it should therefore be Africans, and may be a few African Americans.

Well yea but I don't wholeheartedly believe what this guy says. I just watched the video and it got me thinking. He does look down on contential Africans by saying what is the African equivalent of LeBron James and what is the African equivalent of Michael Jackson..
Re: Are African Americans The Chosen People? by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 23, 2015
Funjosh:
The link to the YouTube Video please sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCZZ2Dsnpwk. It's one of those black "conscious" type videos though and it mostly talks about interracial dating. The title looked interesting and I clicked on the video.
Re: Are African Americans The Chosen People? by musicwriter(m): 11:33am On Oct 23, 2015
aim5:

Guy, I never believed that they ruled African civilizations, so don't try and twist my words abeg. I just said that they have some hidden potential and that certain characteristics could make them "the chosen ones".

This response wasn't meant for you. I was responding to someone else, unless you're new here.
Re: Are African Americans The Chosen People? by musicwriter(m): 11:49am On Oct 23, 2015
aim5:

Well yea but I don't wholeheartedly believe what this guy says. I just watched the video and it got me thinking. He does look down on contential Africans by saying what is the African equivalent of LeBron James and what is the African equivalent of Michael Jackson..

They have the likes of LeBron James and Jackson because the US have a large economy that can invest in talents. Believe it or not, I'm way more talented (as a song writer) than Michael Jackson, but I haven't been discovered.

If you check European football leagues you'll see it's full of Africans (for the same reason). We don't have talent agencies as a business over here, and that's because we don't have the resources for people development. That's why geniuses live and die in Africa without being discovered. Admittedly, that's one of our major problem.
Re: Are African Americans The Chosen People? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 23, 2015
musicwriter:

They have the likes of LeBron James and Jackson because the US have a large economy that can invest in talents. Believe it or not, I'm way more talented (as a song writer) than Michael Jackson, but I haven't been discovered.

If you check European football leagues you'll see it's full of Africans (for the same reason). We don't have talent agencies as a business over here, and that's because we don't have the resources for people development. That's why geniuses live and die in Africa without being discovered. Admittedly, that's one of our major problem.

True we have a lot of talent. That's why I didn't agree with him saying portraying Africans as being these talentless, primitive savages incapable of athletic, musical and creative brilliance.
Re: Are African Americans The Chosen People? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 23, 2015
musicwriter:

This response wasn't meant for you. I was responding to someone else, unless you're new here.

Oh my bad, I could have sworn I responded to another person. Sorry for that. My response was intended towards bigfrancis and I accidentally responded to you.
Re: Are African Americans The Chosen People? by anonymous6(f): 11:28pm On Oct 23, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Then I see another group of African Americans, in their quest for an identity, go about claiming to be the 'real jews' based on the bible paragraph that mentioned the Hebrews being sold off into slavery while totally forgetting (or is it a lack of critical thinking) that the passage referred to the actual people from whom some of them will be sold off into slavery and not those sold off into slavery as the 'chosen' people.

I see a lot of African Americans come up with several irrational theories and interpretations all in the search for an identity when their identity is not far to fetch - they simply come from Africa regardless of their current admixture. Many are blatant ignorant about their homeland and have bought into the false American media stereotype about Africans. Many AAs flatly reject having any connection to Africa because they think Africans still run around bu.tt naked with spears and bows, riding on horses back and drinking raw cow milk. Such absurdity. AAs need not look too far in search of their identity. Africa is your home. If you care so much about your identity, first embrace your African ancestry. Only then would you find peace with yourself.

C/s 100%, took the words out of my mouth

1 Like

Re: Are African Americans The Chosen People? by anonymous6(f): 11:37pm On Oct 23, 2015
aim5:

I feel African Americans rule in American sports like basketball and in the entertainment industry, especially with the musicians, but besides that not so much in other areas. I don't know what he is talking about that african Americans ruled as king and queens in african kingdoms cause that is a lie and fantasy nonsense. Africans of royal status in those days were never sold to slavery lol. That part is fairy tales and I don't think africans should take it seriously as far as I am concerned.

1 Like

Re: Are African Americans The Chosen People? by Nobody: 12:22am On Oct 24, 2015
anonymous6:

I feel African Americans rule in American sports like basketball and in the entertainment industry, especially with the musicians, but besides that not so much in other areas. I don't know what he is talking about that african Americans ruled as king and queens in african kingdoms cause that is a lie and fantasy nonsense. Africans of royal status in those days were never sold to slavery lol. That part is fairy tales and I don't think africans should take it seriously as far as I am concerned.

Did you watch the video? Hahaha.
Re: Are African Americans The Chosen People? by onila(f): 12:44am On Oct 24, 2015
I hrd many black American men dont go to school
dont have a culture

most are in Jail

they are only doing well in sports and entertainment
we know blacks in diaspora dont like school

1 Like

Re: Are African Americans The Chosen People? by Nobody: 12:47am On Oct 24, 2015
onila:
dont have a culture

most are in Jail

Well it's not fair to paint African American men as jailbirds. You're only going by the narrative that is being painted by the racist media. I know of many African American men who are hard working and great providers for their loved ones.

2 Likes

Re: Are African Americans The Chosen People? by JiggamanGh: 12:56am On Oct 24, 2015
yomi007k:

Shut up u don't know what you are talking about. I disagree with the op but blacks that were taken in the new world was stronger, taller than the average African.

1 Like

Re: Are African Americans The Chosen People? by JiggamanGh: 12:59am On Oct 24, 2015
onila:
dont have a culture

most are in Jail

Yes they do go to school. The problem African American face today is because of years of systematic oppression.

From slavery, to segregation and Jim Crow laws. Do you know they treat Africans and other foreigners better than they treat African Americans.
Re: Are African Americans The Chosen People? by onila(f): 1:08am On Oct 24, 2015
JiggamanGh:

Yes they do go to school. The problem African American face today is because of years of systematic oppression.

From slavery, to segregation and Jim Crow laws. Do you know they treat Africans and other foreigners better than they treat African Americans.
they go to school but not as much like other communities

black Americans look down on Africans, they say we stink and are dark
not a big fan of them

even Caribbeans hate black Americans
Re: Are African Americans The Chosen People? by Nobody: 1:29am On Oct 24, 2015
JiggamanGh:

Shut up u don't know what you are talking about. I disagree with the op but blacks that were taken in the new world was stronger, taller than the average African.

What did I say that you disagree with?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Its Official, Igbos Can No Longer Claim To Have Some Isreali DNA :) / Y Most African Doesn't Like It When People Say They Look Like African! / Family Of Shehu Usman Dan Fodio According To His Daughter Nana Asmau (1793-1864)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.