Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party (5115 Views)

Photos From The Launching Of Advanced Peoples Democratic Alliance (APDA) / Raymond Dokpesi Unveils APDA Party (Advanced Peoples Democratic Alliance) / Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:14am On Oct 23, 2015
The exit of Godwin Amanze Ohimai from the camp of the PDP came as a very huge shock to me. The reaction from both members of the ruling-opposition(APC) and from the camp of the umbrella got me thinking whether or not the PDP is 'futureless' as claimed by Ohimai.

Since inheriting opposition role from the now ruling APC, one agenda that I set was my resolve to join hands with patriotic Nigerians to rebuild PDP and reposition it for 2019 General election. Though I have never held any official portfolio in the past, neither am I operating as an officer of the PDP, I am very much committed to this cause. My commitment to project PDP is not for personal gain either. For avoidance of doubt, I have never benefited anything from the PDP at ANY time.

As opposition party, the primary objective of the PDP should be to win the heart and mind of Nigerians irrespective of ethnic or religious affiliation, especially the young people that are clamouring for leadership. The party must also be repositioned to reclaim Aso Rock and win majority of the 36 states in 2019 General election. This can only be achieved through purposeful leadership, restructuring and reforming the party for the good of members and Nigeria as a whole.

Contrary to Ohimai's claim, the PDP is neither useless nor futureless. The future of PDP belongs to her youthful members, supporters and sympathisers. Ithe party remains the largest opposition party in Africa and shall be positioned to lead Nigeria again. However, it must define its principle and stick to it.

I shall continue to stand with PDP believing that the power that is presently and temporarily residing with the APC cabals will return to the People in 2019...

#PDP Shall Lead Again #IStandWithPDP

18 Likes

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:16am On Oct 23, 2015

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by kossyablaze(m): 8:17am On Oct 23, 2015
Hmmm ok shaa...PDP will win my “Sia-elastic heart“ again in the next 16years

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by cosby02(m): 8:17am On Oct 23, 2015
Your fun tongue
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by kossyablaze(m): 8:17am On Oct 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Space booker.In ur own thread!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by kurt09(m): 8:18am On Oct 23, 2015
Ok
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by Freciprocal: 8:19am On Oct 23, 2015
Ok
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:20am On Oct 23, 2015
RIP, PDP.

11 Likes

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 23, 2015
If Biafra doesn't come by the next election, my Igbo brothers & sisters in local politics will be so silly not to realign with APGA. I don't think all those other parties have anything to offer Ndi Igbo or it's future.

8 Likes

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 23, 2015
dgh
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:25am On Oct 23, 2015
kossyablaze:
Hmmm ok shaa...PDP will win my “Sia-elastic heart“ again in the next 16years
Keep dreaming! You'll be taken by surprised by hurricane PDP in 2019

1 Like

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:26am On Oct 23, 2015
Cc...
Sdindan Roob chukkiephil ChappyChase Ishiamu gunuvi Truckpusher Rozayx5 bomsilaga exxell erunz dunsman Nigerianvenom Ishiamu Phockphockman, nwadiuko1, ibokUtoroh, Koded, iPrinz20 Aprokoman, OcheJoseph, Dearpreye, Firefire, Tomakint Francizy, Temitemi1, Hinwazaka Ecoterrors, Dumkem21 Biafranqueen, Mogidi, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria and all patriots

4 Likes

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by PassingShot(m): 8:27am On Oct 23, 2015
If wishes were horses ......

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by PassingShot(m): 8:28am On Oct 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

grin grin cheesy cheesy grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy
grin

6 Likes

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by erunz(m): 8:34am On Oct 23, 2015
#ISTANDBYPDP
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:35am On Oct 23, 2015
PassingShot:

grin grin cheesy cheesy grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy
grin
#IStandByPDP

5 Likes

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by GspotAngela(f): 8:37am On Oct 23, 2015
FrankAba1:
If Biafra doesn't come by the next election, my Igbo brothers & sisters in local politics will be so silly not to realign with APGA. I don't think all those other parties have anything to offer Ndi Igbo or it's future.
Biafra republic would be actualised. President Barack Obama has just endorsed Biafra.

10 Likes

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by bolajJP007: 8:39am On Oct 23, 2015
Is it People Democratic Party or People Democracy Party? Because, i think they have changed there name o. grin

2 Likes

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by PassingShot(m): 8:40am On Oct 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

#IStandByPDP
Good for you.

One very valuable advice: change the name first before we can start to take you guys serious.

At present, the name PDP is synonymous with everything bad in the national politics.

3 Likes

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by QuotaSystem: 8:44am On Oct 23, 2015
If Buhari contests in 2019, kiss that dream goodbye till further notice.

If he doesn't, some of us will most likely return to the umbrella to reclaim and revive the party.

Sad as it sounds, the survival of any party in Nigeria is based on its northern followership, that's why APGA simply can't compete. #Fact

7 Likes

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:44am On Oct 23, 2015
PassingShot:

Good for you.

One very valuable advice: change the name first before we can start to take you guys serious.

At present, the name PDP is synonymous with everything bad in the national politics.
Change of name is unnecessary because Nigerians know those that r@ped our country and the fake change 80% of them represents.
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by sauceEEP(m): 8:45am On Oct 23, 2015
PDP is just like TITANIC sinking to the bottom of River Niger.

3 Likes

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by PRYCE(m): 8:46am On Oct 23, 2015
#IStandByPDP #PDP42019 #WeOnTheRise
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by kossyablaze(m): 8:46am On Oct 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

lol let's c how it goes shaa.I'm all for fairness is governance

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by BENZINA(m): 8:48am On Oct 23, 2015
#istandBYTonyeBarcanista.
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by Firefire(m): 8:48am On Oct 23, 2015
I come ooo. cool
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by BENZINA(m): 8:50am On Oct 23, 2015
Firefire:
I come ooo. cool
Welcome Ooooo.
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:50am On Oct 23, 2015
QuotaSystem:
If Buhari contests in 2019, kiss that dream goodbye till further notice.

If he doesn't, some of us will most likely return to the umbrella and reclaim and revive the party.

#Fact
Whether Buhari recontest or not, PDP will sweep out APC in 2019. You seem to forget that 2019 will be influenced by the Performance of APC central government and not the 'face' of Buhari alone. It will also be influenced by the calibre of people the PDP present for election and the degree to which the party is reformed. So far, the failure of Buhari since May 29 has been legendary and unequalled in Nigeria...

Hopefully, you will find PDP as the only hope for true struggle and return to the party..

1 Like

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by Firefire(m): 8:51am On Oct 23, 2015
BENZINA:
Welcome Ooooo.

Thank you ooooooooo.

I represent good governance. cool
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by OEPHIUS(m): 8:52am On Oct 23, 2015
Ohimai the guy who the space in his head is big enough to park a Boeing 747 has showed his hands finally.

To be honest though, I feel his pain. I wonder how it must feel watching Akpabio making a fool of everything during the entire screen exercise(not just Amaechi but all). It was just shameful.

Gone were the days that the opposition did their job in the senate as they have been reduced to clowns. People like Ben Bruce who is more visual on Twitter are just frustrating.

Ohimai did what he thought right same way @deyanjudeji has said he won't support Iris Wada

The present leadership of the PDP are without shame and integrity

3 Likes

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by QuotaSystem: 8:53am On Oct 23, 2015
Of course if Buhari fails he is on his own.

The joker is: Buhari cannot will not fail.

Where you see failure, we see a measured start and a growing foundation amidst universal challenges (low oil prices)

TonyeBarcanista:

Whether Buhari recontest or not, PDP will sweep out APC in 2019. You seem to forget that 2019 will be influenced by the Performance of APC central government and not the 'face' of Buhari alone. It will also be influenced by the calibre of people the PDP present for election and the degree to which the party is reformed. So far, the failure of Buhari since May 29 has been legendary and unequalled in Nigeria...

Hopefully, you will find PDP as the only hope for true struggle and return to the party..

2 Likes

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by PointB: 8:54am On Oct 23, 2015
FrankAba1:

On point.

Personally, I don't see any benefit for SE/SS supporting or rooting for PDP. Until that is clearly defined, Biafra it is for me. PDP and APC should both go to blazes! APC has taken over power for the sake of it and are now struggling to rule without any blueprint. By zoning power to the North, PDP is trying to do same thing. Power without responsibility is what has caused the stagnation of the country.

Basically, PDP is saying that after predictable wasted years the duara dullard is leading is through, we should allow PDP to do same. So when will it end? Or is just a vicious cycle?

I believe Biafra hold more hope and has better future than this failed system Nigeria is struggling with.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari's Real Age. / Election will be postponed by one week to 23th of February. .. / A Bomblike Sound In Ondo State Or Probably Akure Around 1 Am

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.