Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,232 members, 7,829,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Health Risk Of Diabetes And Glaucoma - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Risk Of Diabetes And Glaucoma (424 Views)

10 Early Warning Signs Of Diabetes You Should Not Ignore / 1.8 Million Nigerians Suffering Glaucoma / Preventing Cataracts And Glaucoma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Health Risk Of Diabetes And Glaucoma by Timeless9ja: 9:03am On Oct 23, 2015
Unexpected sight loss is more common than you may think. Blindness often happens without prior warning signs and in people unaware they are at risk.

The two most common culprits of unexpected sight loss are diabetes and glaucoma. These diseases are known as the “sneak thieves of sight” because symptoms may not occur in the early stages. By the time a person realizes something is wrong, irreversible vision loss often occurs.

In fact, diabetic eye disease is the leading cause of blindness in adults. An average of 55 Americans go blind from the disease each day. The numbers threaten to rise sharply as diabetes becomes increasingly common due to poor eating habits, infrequent exercise and an aging population. One in three children born in the United States five years ago are expected to become diabetic during their lives.

Diabetes causes partial or complete loss of vision in... Read more at: http://www.timeless9ja.com/2015/10/health-risk-of-diabetes-and-glaucoma.html

Re: Health Risk Of Diabetes And Glaucoma by Timeless9ja: 10:28am On Oct 23, 2015
I think nigerians dont take their health serious
nairalandmaster:
ok i have seen. what next smiley?
nairalandmaster:
ok i have seen. what next smiley?

(1) (Reply)

Secret Recording Wriswatch / Need Help Concerning Arthritis / Health Benefit Of Orange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.