Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,073 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

Nigeria's Queen Of Sheba - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigeria's Queen Of Sheba (8133 Views)

Queen Of Sheba Supposed Palace / Queen Of Sheba, King Solomon, Menelik I And Ark Of The Covenant / Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Queen Of Sheba by absoluteSuccess: 10:12am On Apr 21, 2018
Olu317:
Èrí was the original word for Òrí ( head) ,which was as a result of Oyo's phonemes that became adopted as the standard. This affected such letters as È, O, simply because of the language's correct alphabetical arrangement and usage. Érí is also a name,which is different from the interpretation of yours and this name existed before present day Christianity because it is one of the genealogical oriki of Ooni Olubuse.
It is as this; ‘Olubuse Eri Ogun'. The point here is within the Orikis ,there are hidden historical information that has not been examined to determine the actual reason for such name and formation of it.

That's a good idea @Olu, Eri and Ogun are some of the entry in the history from Yoruba end.
Re: Nigeria's Queen Of Sheba by absoluteSuccess: 10:18am On Apr 21, 2018
Hati13:
I’ve read on Wikipedia on the possible connection of Queen Sheba (it isn’t Queen OF Sheba) with Nigeria. But I personally believe she ruled north Sudan, north Ethiopia, Eritrea and Yemen.

Her empire or domain may have extended from Ethiopia down to the sea at Lagos.

The Yoruba and the whole world may have all forgotten about such an individual and we needed to bring back the memorial somehow.
Re: Nigeria's Queen Of Sheba by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 21, 2018
absoluteSuccess:

The patriarchs are one.

But from Crowther's dictionary, the Obalufon is said to be God of peace. Its just the hint provided in the song and I also do not have a clue as to how it all connects, but my conviction is that all the names in Yoruba pantheon from different city states sprang from a single source.

people from various clans attached some peculiarity to what they can remember about an ancestor in form of cognomen or compound title.
Probably the same reason why names of some particular locations are common in different Yoruba states/towns/locations
Re: Nigeria's Queen Of Sheba by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 21, 2018
absoluteSuccess:

The patriarchs are one.

But from Crowther's dictionary, the Obalufon is said to be God of peace. Its just the hint provided in the song and I also do not have a clue as to how it all connects, but my conviction is that all the names in Yoruba pantheon from different city states sprang from a single source.

people from various clans attached some peculiarity to what they can remember about an ancestor in form of cognomen or compound title.
I sent you a mail sir
Re: Nigeria's Queen Of Sheba by absoluteSuccess: 3:30pm On Apr 21, 2018
jupiterx:

Probably the same reason why names of some particular locations are common in different Yoruba states/towns/locations

Exactly.

Some names are even prevalent titles in royal courts today, of which, if carefully studied, can be traced to certain renown ancestors of old who were icons in history and politics of their time, whose descendants becomes one of the permanent members of Yoruba senate to this day at different Yoruba communities.

Also, some cult figures like the Oshugbo are akin to Sugbo that we are talking about here: the name is the tip of the iceberg, the next entry to relics of history is to find out the role Oshugbo played in the religious aspect of the community. And also its place in the senate. Then other relative names are Oshogbo, Sungbon and so on.

I would like you to read the book, "Awo, an autobiography" (part 3 or so) for an insight on this.

The names are what you go by for deeper and deeper understanding.

Pls, I cant remember my email with this handle.
Re: Nigeria's Queen Of Sheba by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 22, 2018
absoluteSuccess:

Exactly.

Some names are even prevalent titles in royal courts today, of which, if carefully studied, can be traced to certain renown ancestors of old who were icons in history and politics of their time, whose descendants becomes one of the permanent members of Yoruba senate to this day at different Yoruba communities.

Also, some cult figures like the Oshugbo are akin to Sugbo that we are talking about here: the name is the tip of the iceberg, the next entry to relics of history is to find out the role Oshugbo played in the religious aspect of the community. And also its place in the senate. Then other relative names are Oshogbo, Sungbon and so on.

I would like you to read the book, "Awo, an autobiography" (part 3 or so) for an insight on this.

my email is cctayox@gmail.com please message me sir.
by the way
is there a PDF of the book you recommended
money never dey nor do I know any good bookshops with that kind of book

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Queen Of Sheba by Nobody: 4:49am On Apr 26, 2018
absoluteSuccess:

Exactly.

Have been expecting a mail from you for days sir
Re: Nigeria's Queen Of Sheba by absoluteSuccess: 11:37am On Apr 26, 2018
jupiterx:

Have been expecting a mail from you for days sir

check your mailbox.

You can get the book at the residence of the great icon at Ikenne.

Thanks.
Re: Nigeria's Queen Of Sheba by gatiano(m): 12:42pm On Apr 26, 2018
No Sacred knowledge keeper will die without passing the secret forward. If peradventure that happens, He/She would be sent back from the Ancestral realm to teach the secret (which does not happen). Take for example, You got some knowledge through your own diligence and hardwork, it took time to make those researches and connection about Our History; Didn't You observe the urge to wanting to teach others? The moment a person has been chosen to be a custodian of sacred knowledge and wisdom, The next thing is He/She begins to find a student.

absoluteSuccess:
Some words are at the verge of extinction in many languages, I think.

I remember reading an account where the writer add 'elena' as part of the items for a charm.

Well, elena is your regular spider, known in the mainstream as alantakun. When I asked 'what's elena?' I wonder what that nice name means.

Yet there is a meaning to it, ever present: Elena is 'the craftmaker'. 'Oga' is said to be alagemo, hmn nice for chamellion.

Sometimes we are the last holder of a word or an ageless tradition, when we go, it goes with us.

Two of the kids I learn the song of sungbo with did not made it to 30. tetede, bodunrin, my beloved cousins.

The others may never ever know if such a thing happen that I speak of. Whatever happens to the maids and the message?

As for men keeping secrets secret: 'opolo nyenyin, onfeyin pamo. Kilo fi npamo fun?' Some die in possesion of profound secrets.

Let your knowledge bloom to see the light of the day, to bless some souls. No holds barred on enlightenment.

Peace.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Queen Of Sheba by absoluteSuccess: 10:57am On Apr 27, 2018
gatiano:
No Sacred knowledge keeper will die without passing the secret forward. If peradventure that happens, He/She would be sent back from the Ancestral realm to teach the secret (which does not happen). Take for example, You got some knowledge through your own diligence and hardwork, it took time to make those researches and connection about Our History; Didn't You observe the urge to wanting to teach others? The moment a person has been chosen to be a custodian of sacred knowledge and wisdom, The next thing is He/She begins to find a student.

words...

Glad to have you back great soul.

I will definitely publish almost all my works once I'm done and financially secured to do that. I escaped what would have been a fatal accident that might have claimed my life yesterday, around 9pm. I see how this post of yours connects to it.

I think your post is a reminder, God is telling me not to keep what he has given me somewhere while I pursue my personal gains. He is reminding me that he kept me alive for a purpose for I would have lost it if not for him yesterday.

I'm still in shock as I speak.

Life Is Good.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Queen Of Sheba by Olu317(m): 2:27pm On Apr 27, 2018
absoluteSuccess:

words...

I will definitely publish almost all my works once I'm done and financially secured to do that. I escaped what would have been a fatal accident that might have claimed my life yesterday, around 9pm. I see how this post of yours connects to it.

I think your post is a reminder, God is telling me not to keep what he has given me somewhere while I pursue my personal gains. He is reminding me that he kept me alive for a purpose for I would have lost it if not for him yesterday.

Life Is Good.
Hmmm,this is serious, although, I know each man has a definite day to leave this world but leaving it must be a joyous one in Old age with gray hair. Almighty God shall make you see absolute gray hair on your head by his grace.
Re: Nigeria's Queen Of Sheba by gatiano(m): 4:12pm On Apr 27, 2018
Gratitude to the Ancestors. May the Blessings, Peace, Guidance and Love of The Ancestors, and Your Ancestors be with You. You have drawn your Blueprint and It was perfect and its road map are well laid out.

We definitely need to work and work towards creating a publishing outlet, place or company where Our Tribal Custodians can have all the freedom to tell the history of Our Ancestors in all sphere of life for growth and development without any hindrance from nobody.

Good to know that You are fine and in good health.

absoluteSuccess:

words...

Life Is Good.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Queen Of Sheba by Olu317(m): 5:23pm On Apr 27, 2018
absoluteSuccess:

That's a good idea @Olu, Eri and Ogun are some of the entry in the history from Yoruba end.
Yeah but there are many family names within Yorubaland that is key to unraveling many mystery as regard Yoruba history. Despite the vacuum in the Orikis,they still remain a link to the past.
Re: Nigeria's Queen Of Sheba by Nobody: 11:27pm On Apr 27, 2018
absoluteSuccess:

check your mailbox.

You can get the book at the residence of the great icon at Ikenne.

Thanks.

have replied sir,
sorry for the delay
Re: Nigeria's Queen Of Sheba by Ndipe(m): 10:24pm On Apr 28, 2018

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

White Men Who Loves Black Men / The Gigantic Rocks Of Ikere Ekiti / 6. Odu Owonrin Meji- Neccessity Is The Mother Of Invention.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.