Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,099 members, 7,818,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Nigeria Take On Refugee Crisis? Giant Of Africa Or Not? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Take On Refugee Crisis? Giant Of Africa Or Not? (408 Views)

22 Soldiers Killed In Attack On Refugee Camp / Saudi Arabia Offers Germany 200 Mosques – Response To Refugee Crisis / Inside A Boko Haram Refugee Camp In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Take On Refugee Crisis? Giant Of Africa Or Not? by gabomaboy241: 4:40pm On Oct 23, 2015
hello my nairaland comrades I am doing a debate conference for class and I live in the usa. I am in model united nations a united nations debate club and I chose Nigeria as my country since it was the only African one with chad (chad isn't really beneficial I love chad tho) but my teacher said what would be Nigeria's position on the current refugee crisis in the middle east with the Syrians? I mean naija is the giant of Africa in terms of economy and population so it would make sense for them to also have intake on the crisis. Should I continue to use Nigeria or should I switch ( I want to keep Nigeria) because my friend gave me a rebuttal saying Nigeria already has a crisis of refugees in the north. Just saying and thanks it would be appreciated for help. btw im from gabon 15 years old you guys understand Nigeria more than me so it would only be right to ask.
Re: Nigeria Take On Refugee Crisis? Giant Of Africa Or Not? by Dolypson04(m): 4:54pm On Oct 23, 2015
gabomaboy241:
hello my nairaland comrades I am doing a debate conference for class and I live in the usa. I am in model united nations a united nations debate club and I chose Nigeria as my country since it was the only African one with chad (chad isn't really beneficial I love chad tho) but my teacher said what would be Nigeria's position on the current refugee crisis in the middle east with the Syrians? I mean naija is the giant of Africa in terms of economy and population so it would make sense for them to also have intake on the crisis. Should I continue to use Nigeria or should I switch ( I want to keep Nigeria) because my friend gave me a rebuttal saying Nigeria already has a crisis of refugees in the north. Just saying and thanks it would be appreciated for help. btw im from gabon 15 years old you guys understand Nigeria more than me so it would only be right to ask.
Nigeria has her own crisis to take care of as you rightly noted. Nay from me.
Re: Nigeria Take On Refugee Crisis? Giant Of Africa Or Not? by Chanchit: 4:58pm On Oct 23, 2015
Let me just try been truthful, on paper, Nigeria is in no condition to take any refugee, but in reality Nigeria tends to satisfy foreign missions even if it means going out of their way in providing them with 5star treatments while the internally displaced people in the north gets to eat crumbs. But why should syrians even think of coming to Nigeria when Nigerians are competing with them in seeking asylum in europe. The only thing Nigerian economy can offer them is equal opportunity, like, go and look for job and goodluck in getting one, don't disturb me. Between the asylum system is strange in Nigeria. Maybe you should just find another country.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Unidentified Nigerian Victim Of Hajj Stampede At The Hospital / Will There Be Environmentalsanitation 2moro ? / FG Takes Orubebe To Code Of Conduct Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.