Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,437 members, 7,812,300 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross, Judas Iscariot Did. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross, Judas Iscariot Did. (965 Views)

Judas Iscariot Now Trending On Twitter / God And Jesus Didn't Forbid Slavery In The Bible. But Why? / 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross, Judas Iscariot Did. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 23, 2015
Jesus didn't die on the cross, it was Judas Iscariot that died on the cross. Jesus kissed Judas Iscariot n the Roman soldiers mistook him for Jesus n arrested him (remember most people didn't know Jesus Christ by face). Why did u think the person that died on the cross why shouting my God why have u forsaken me?? He was calling on Jesus Christ.

They used "cosmetic make up" to make Judas look like Jesus Christ as he died on the cross.
Re: Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross, Judas Iscariot Did. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 23, 2015
Another set of confused fellow. Who showed Jesus to the soldiers? How can someone that showed one person replaced himself in place of the person that was showed? Read Bible and understand. All Christians can't be as dullard as you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross, Judas Iscariot Did. by osaslord500(m): 8:39pm On Oct 23, 2015
Go to the time of Jesus and stop disturbing us on Nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross, Judas Iscariot Did. by dhoryn(f): 8:43pm On Oct 23, 2015
I comment my reserve.
Re: Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross, Judas Iscariot Did. by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 23, 2015
Buhahahahahahaha.

You just won the award for the most clueless person on NL.

Thanks for making today **walks out of thread chuckling**
Re: Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross, Judas Iscariot Did. by angieberry(f): 8:46pm On Oct 23, 2015
Lol
Op reads his bible in reverse

1 Like

Re: Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross, Judas Iscariot Did. by Truth24(m): 8:51pm On Oct 23, 2015
SirWere:
Buhahahahahahaha.

You just won the award for the most clueless person on NL.

Thanks for making today **walks out of thread chuckling**
Pls make sure u give him two of dat award, incase he misplace the first undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross, Judas Iscariot Did. by ernesty20(m): 8:54pm On Oct 23, 2015
This is what happens when one smokes oshogbo weed for the first time

1 Like

Re: Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross, Judas Iscariot Did. by Tekason(m): 9:22pm On Oct 23, 2015
Bros, na which source u follow get that one?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross, Judas Iscariot Did. by johnydon22(m): 9:51pm On Oct 23, 2015
This is from the gnostic Gospel of Barnabas and it dates back to the Medieval ages. . 1.4 to 1.5k years ago and most scholars hold it that the work influenced the Quran.

The Synoptic gospels though pseudonymous too were written at a more close date within the 1st century AD.

So am betting the Gnostic gospel of Barnabas should not be taken serious, you just don't get a book 600 years later laying out opposite claims on one character and take it more serious than works that actually had time on their side.

I stand with Synoptic gospels here, if there was a historical Jesus then he probably was really crucified (Crucifixion was a common roman punishment...)

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross, Judas Iscariot Did. by sonmvayina(m): 9:57pm On Oct 23, 2015
johnydon22:
This is from the gnostic Gospel of Barnabas and it dates back to the Medieval ages. . 1.4 to 1.5k years ago and most scholars hold it that the work influenced the Quran.

The Synoptic gospels though pseudonymous too were written at a more close date within the 1st century AD.

So am betting the Gnostic gospel of Barnabas should not be taken serious, you just don't get a book 600 years later laying out opposite claims on one character and take it more serious than works that actually had time on their side.

I stand with Synoptic gospels here, if there was a historical Jesus then he probably was really crucified (Crucifixion was a common roman punishment...)

quiet right John, it was a punishment for felony, it means that whatever crime Jesus committed was against Rome..not the blasphemy the unknown writers are making us understand..my good guess is that he instigated a riot that lead to Barnabas murdering some roman soldiers.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Didn't Die On The Cross, Judas Iscariot Did. by johnydon22(m): 10:26pm On Oct 23, 2015
sonmvayina:

quiet right John, it was a punishment for felony, it means that whatever crime Jesus committed was against Rome..not the blasphemy the unknown writers are making us understand..my good guess is that he instigated a riot that lead to Barnabas murdering some roman soldiers.
[b]

The imperial state of ROME is one whose absolute authority over it's territories were unmatched.

I doubt any roman legal official would condemn a man to death by crucifixion because some of his Angry kins men claims he blasphemed against their God.

Capital punishments like crucifixion (which was a punishment meant to torture the victim and put then through a slow death.. Takes days to die by crucifixion) cannot be issued based on blasphemy, Romans don't worship the jewish God then.

If rome was to condemn a man to crucifixion it always is for a crime against the state like treason, felony etc.
(which is why maybe in the story the writers tried asserting the jews accused jesus of disrespecting the roman authority **treason**)

But for this Op, contrary to his assertions; I really think if there was a historical Jesus whose activities inspired these legends then he was actually crucified under Rome... Don't quite know about the crime tho...

Millions died at the hands of Rome by crucifixion...
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

JAN 1 2017 World War 3 / Is Paying Tithes Compulsory For Christians? / End Time See What Pastor Is Doing To Someones Wife All In The Name Of Deliveranc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.