Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,303 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend (8093 Views)

My Friend's Car Was Snatched At Gun Point. / There’s $5k(₦1.8m) Reward If You Can Find This Stolen Lamborghini Huracan Spyder / I have 800k for Toyota Camry 2001,but read what my friend said... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend by Nobody: 12:52am On Oct 24, 2015
We used to ride together in the early 80's in Lagos, Abeokuta and Ibadan.

Known facts:

His name is Dare, he wrote DareDevil on his bike.
He used to ride a Suzuki GT550 which he later sold to a University of Ife student.
He lived in I think Agege. I know that international airliners coming in for landing in Lagos used to blind us with landing lights.
His Dad lived in Abeokuta on a pretty big sized land.
I remember him to be very tall.
I used to ride an ex Army Tirumph Tiger 750 and later a BMW early K or R

Last time I saw him was at the departure lounge of Murtala when I was leaving the country 30 years ago (we had lost contact before then due to school).

Thanks guys, it means a lot to me as he was my road Dog.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend by nurey(m): 6:05am On Oct 24, 2015
Dare the Daredevil, come out Oo, your friend don bring dollars from obodo oyinbo, come claim am ooo. lol goodluck in finding him

6 Likes

Re: N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend by aieromon(m): 11:07am On Oct 24, 2015
Lemme get this straight, I find this friend of yours who was last seen by you about thirty years ago and N10,000 is all you can offer as incentive?

What if I kidnap him and ask for a ransom? grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 24, 2015
nurey:
Dare the Daredevil, come out Oo, your friend don bring dollars from obodo oyinbo, come claim am ooo. lol goodluck in finding him

Thanks I appreciate you Sir.
Re: N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 24, 2015
With this faint details, anyone that finds such a long lost friend of over 30 years deserves a million pounds.
Maybe u actually wanted to type Ten Million Naira and fell short of three zeroes. Even if a dog is given that task for that amount, he will only laugh and walk away despite the number of bones it can purchase.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 24, 2015
aieromon:
Lemme get this straight, I find this friend of yours who was last seen by you about thirty years ago and N10,000 is all you can offer as incentive?

What if I kidnap him and ask for a ransom? grin
Perfect idea! Can I be your accomplice? cool

3 Likes

Re: N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend by sultaan(m): 8:16pm On Oct 24, 2015
Try Facebook, spokeo.com or pipl.com

Type the full name and something might come up. Try his sister or close relative you know then send my money to the nearest orphanage in Ibadan grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 24, 2015
sultaan:
Try Facebook, spokeo.com or pipl.com

Type the full name and something might come up. Try his sister or close relative you know then send my money to the nearest orphanage in Ibadan grin

Thanks for the very intelligent response Sultaan.

I've been trying Facebook and known biker sites in Nigeria.

I think when I come home next I'll see if I can find a PI in Lagos. I'm working with very sparse info which is all I have.

Thanks once again.
Re: N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend by kunle75(m): 1:37pm On Oct 25, 2015
EgunMogaji:
We used to ride together in the early 80's in Lagos, Abeokuta and Ibadan.

Known facts:

His name is Dare, he wrote DareDevil on his bike.
He used to ride a Suzuki GT550 which he later sold to a University of Ife student.
He lived in I think Agege. I know that international airliners coming in for landing in Lagos used to blind us with landing lights.
His Dad lived in Abeokuta on a pretty big sized land.
I remember him to be very tall.
I used to ride an ex Army Tirumph Tiger 750 and later a BMW early K or R

Last time I saw him was at the departure lounge of Murtala when I was leaving the country 30 years ago (we had lost contact before then due to school).

Thanks guys, it means a lot to me as he was my road Dog.

search for his name on FB you may be lucky
Re: N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 25, 2015
kunle75:

search for his name on FB you may be lucky

Thank you very much for the astute suggestion. I'm elated to read from non juvenile delinquents.

Yes I've been searching like that for years now with no success though I did find my high school girlfriend.

3 Likes

Re: N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend by ataspray(m): 4:21pm On Oct 25, 2015
so we shud 'help' u find, then when i find him u will now be enjoyin him by yaself only u, then u will now give me 10k abi (beer n petrol change)

YOU TRY

4 Likes

Re: N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 09, 2015
Still searching.

Thanks.
Re: N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend by ManTiger(m): 2:07pm On Nov 09, 2015
EgunMogaji:
Still searching.

Thanks.
I really feel emotional about your search. I also lost a contact with someone and bump on him recently on Facebook.

I pray you find him, But instead of searching for him, just search for any of his known relatives, like his brothers, sisters, or a parent.

1 Like

Re: N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend by BookieMan: 3:58pm On Nov 09, 2015
No real info. provided.

Okay. First name: Dare.

Which school did you know he ever attended and or where? Road dogs of those days are rich kids.

Saw him last 30 years ago? Then he will be around 55yrs old or more now?

Him papa a civil servant or politician?

And 10k way too small.

5 Likes

Re: N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 09, 2015
ManTiger:

I really feel emotional about your search. I also lost a contact with someone and bump on him recently on Facebook.

I pray you find him, But instead of searching for him, just search for any of his known relatives, like his brothers, sisters, or a parent.

Thanks ManTiger.

It's been 30 years and that's all the info that I have. Trust me I've been trying all I can to figure out more information.

He was really there for me and it's time for him to reap his reward.

Thanks once again.

4 Likes

Re: N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend by lonelydora: 4:50pm On Nov 09, 2015
You will have to wait let me consult some gods. But I can't take 10k as reward.
Re: N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend by chucky234(m): 1:11pm On Nov 11, 2015
Ah padi mi, I don look for you everywhere, na Dare be dis na. I no dey bear Daredevil again, na Chuck Norris I dey bear now oooo. Oluwa thank you oooo, my harvest time don come.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend by nurey(m): 2:21pm On Nov 11, 2015
chucky234:
Ah padi mi, I don look for you everywhere, na Dare be dis na.
I no dey bear Daredevil again, na Chuck Norris I dey bear now oooo.
Oluwa thank you oooo, my harvest time don come.

I hope you have done plastic surgery to backup your claim

4 Likes

Re: N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend by chucky234(m): 2:34pm On Nov 11, 2015
nurey:

I hope you have done plastic surgery to backup your claim
No need to visit surgeon, na my long lost padi be dis bobo, I don dey even vex say the guy na ingrate I no know say him even dey search for me too.
Re: N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend by Originalsly: 4:18pm On Nov 11, 2015
I guess you lost all your connections so I suggest you start with your long lost gf. Let her connect with her friends or whoever knew you guys back then.... someone must know or heard something about him.... a baby mother... a son/daughter... location... company he worked for... house he bought/built... parents location....somebody will know somebody that knows something about him.....even if it's his correct name. Which spots did you guys hang out a lot?....older heads from there or around there may have tit bits. Take money/reward out of the equation...it will just cause problems. I wish you best of luck.
Re: N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 11, 2015
Originalsly:
I guess you lost all your connections so I suggest you start with your long lost gf. Let her connect with her friends or whoever knew you guys back then.... someone must know or heard something about him.... a baby mother... a son/daughter... location... company he worked for... house he bought/built... parents location....somebody will know somebody that knows something about him.....even if it's his correct name. Which spots did you guys hang out a lot?....older heads from there or around there may have tit bits. Take money/reward out of the equation...it will just cause problems. I wish you best of luck.

I know that he worked for an elevator repair company. So I need to look for names of elevator repair companies in Lagos in the 80's.

I hear you about the reward, it brought out the dense of the section but it's too late to remove it now.

Thanks for your suggestion, I appreciate you.
Re: N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend by Originalsly: 4:55pm On Nov 11, 2015
Google may not be of much help.....he may very well be still working there. In what area?...what colour uniform and if any?... what vehicle they used?....which company you know he usually go fix their elevators?....that can give you links. Again..good luck.
Re: N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend by Sanchase: 7:57pm On Nov 11, 2015
I hope you find your missing "Road Dog" hehe, it sounds funny but i think what you mean is "Road Dawg" wink
Re: N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 11, 2015
Sanchase:
I hope you find your missing "Road Dog" hehe, it sounds funny but i think what you mean is "Road Dawg" wink

Thanks. I typed what I meant to type, Road Dog.

Re: N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 10, 2015
BTTT
Re: N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend by DGD1(m): 12:09pm On Dec 10, 2015
guess you should contact motoringNg (dat guy that posted about bikers convention/get together).
he might know someone who knows someone who might actually know him.

I feel the burning desire in your heart to find him.
Goodluck sir

1 Like

Re: N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend by ophilly: 1:05am On Dec 21, 2015
DGD1:
guess you should contact motoringNg (dat guy that posted about bikers convention/get together).
he might know someone who knows someone who might actually know him.

I feel the burning desire in your heart to find him.
Goodluck sir
Forget it... 30years ago? He must be close to 60years of age. I guess he won't be a biker anymore.
Re: N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend by DGD1(m): 6:17pm On Dec 21, 2015
ophilly:
Forget it... 30years ago? He must be close to 60years of age. I guess he won't be a biker anymore.

yeah, you are right.
I said he is possible to meet someone who might by chance know him.
you will understand me better if you know little about the algorithm facebook uses to connect friends via mutual friends.
not going to be easy though
Re: N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 21, 2015
ophilly:

You may be right. Though we should be about the same age and I am still very much a biker but he might have become a big Chief/Alhadji/CEO grin
Re: N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 21, 2015
EM, it might be worth trying The Names Database, I used it in the past pre-Facebook, and even post-Facebook when Facebook drew blanks of certain searches.

Even friends who moved in your circles back then might be worth a shot.

I wish you all the best in your quest.

1 Like

Re: N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 21, 2015
Siena:
EM, it might be worth trying The Names Database, I used it in the past pre-Facebook, and even post-Facebook when Facebook drew blanks of certain searches.

Even friends who moved in your circles back then might be worth a shot.

I wish you all the best in your quest.

Okay thanks.

I'll do that.
Re: N10,000 Reward - Help Me Find My Friend by Nobody: 4:59am On Dec 23, 2015
I came across another bit of information, he worked for Otis Elevators in Lagos.

I have emailed their offices that I could find online.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

You Can Now Report LASTMA Directly / P1349 Code On 2002 2azfe Toyota Camry / Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.