Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions (9516 Views)

These Are Top 5 Expensive Car Problems That Are Not Worth Fixing If They Go Bad / This Nigerian's Response To British Man's Tweet About Car Horns Is Hilarious / 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by futurenix(m): 11:06pm On Jan 23, 2016
I Need Help
My 2003 Nissan Pathfinder has been shutting off while driving and sometimes in traffic coupled with irregular hard starting. After the shut off, it will start again but in hard starting.

I have changed the ignition Fibre, the cold starter switch as suggested by mechanic and it still persist.

The crank shift position sensor has been tested and it's okay ( though I can't confirm) .

There's no jerking while in motion and the movement is very smooth from which we ruled out fuel pump.

Have also tried injector cleaner but to no avail.

Please car gurus or anyone who have experienced a similar case and corrected it I need your help.
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by msogunro: 1:58am On Jan 24, 2016
futurenix:
I Need Help
My 2003 Nissan Pathfinder has been shutting off while driving and sometimes in traffic coupled with irregular hard starting. After the shut off, it will start again but in hard starting.

I have changed the ignition Fibre, the cold starter switch as suggested by mechanic and it still persist.

The crank shift position sensor has been tested and it's okay ( though I can't confirm) .

There's no jerking while in motion and the movement is very smooth from which we ruled out fuel pump.

Please car gurus or anyone who have experienced a similar case and corrected it I need your help.

Seems fuel related. Check the entire fuel intake system.

Also check the vacuum hose.
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by mayor2013: 7:24am On Jan 24, 2016
futurenix:
I Need Help

Run a scan on your car. A scan would narrow it down to the likely problem(s). If youa re in lagos and you need proper trouble shooting and fixing call 08156087872 or 08165520837, bbpin is 7BE1C522
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by futurenix(m): 5:01am On Jan 25, 2016
msogunro:

Seems fuel related. Check the entire fuel intake system.
Also check the vacuum hose.
mayor2013:

Run a scan on your car. A scan would narrow it down to the likely problem(s). If you are in lagos and you need proper trouble shooting and fixing call 08156087872 or 08165520837, bbpin is 7BE1C522

Thank you @ msogunro and mayor2013, though my mechanic cleaned the vacuum hose at one time before the shutting off became prominent when the car could not accelerate and that problem resolved.

I will go check the fuel system then go for the scan if the problem persist.
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by honmusa(m): 6:49am On Jan 25, 2016
An engine required 3 things to run properly
1.Air/compression
2.Fuel
3.Spark
if any of this is missing or not in right proportion you are bound to have issue with starting .
contact autologic @08061166316 to give your engine complete diagnosis for all this items ,we have dedicated equipment to check and analysis all this item for right quantity .
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by honmusa(m): 7:01am On Jan 25, 2016
An engine required 3 things to run properly
1.Air/compression
2.Fuel
3.Spark
if any of this is missing or not in right proportion you are bound to have issue with starting .
contact autologic @08061166316 to give your engine complete diagnosis for all this items.
we have dedicated equipment to check and analysis all this entity one by one item for right quantity .
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by futurenix(m): 7:12am On Jan 30, 2016
Computer scan has been done and detects the one of the sensors but non in particular. The guy advised I start from the one under the hood so I will inform you guys after the substitution trials and the issue is resolved.
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by honmusa(m): 7:33am On Jan 30, 2016
futurenix:
Computer scan has been done and detects the one of the sensors but non in particular. The guy advised I start from the one under the hood so I will inform you guys after the substitution trials and the issue is resolved.
If you will need anybody to give u the right advice , u will need to explain in detail .
what is the scan result error code ?
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by futurenix(m): 7:30pm On Feb 10, 2016
Sorry Bros Musa, I did not ask for the code. Just they should scan and tell me what am going to change so I can go back to my mechanic for the changes. But I will make out time and get the codes from the guy.

It was the crank shaft position sensor: under the hood.

I could not believe how small the response time of the car's starting has become too.

Been driving for 6 days now and no shutting off and no hard starting too.

Can comfortably say the Car is now perfect. Thanks everyone.
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by dialolodge(m): 1:38pm On Feb 11, 2016
Please I need help. I drive 1999 camry. Recently I noticed that the car vibrates when I put the gear on drive and hold the break or when in trafic. It does not vibrate when the gear is in park position. The sound of the engine also changes when I put on the AC. Pls I need advice on what to do.
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by msogunro: 2:24pm On Feb 11, 2016
dialolodge:
Please I need help. I drive 1999 camry. Recently I noticed that the car vibrates when I put the gear on drive and hold the break or when in trafic. It does not vibrate when the gear is in park position. The sound of the engine also changes when I put on the AC. Pls I need advice on what to do.

Please confirm that the vehicle does not shake when you drive it.

The easy thing to check first are the motor mounts. They may be bad.

If not, it can be the torque converter. How long have you had this car and have you ever replaced the transmission oil? If there is no physical damage to the TV or tranny, new oil should fix it. If not, oooo boy.
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by akinloluwao: 3:47pm On Feb 11, 2016
San2ski:
I changed my engine. A 98 Elantra (Avante) last month end. Now the Rev pic is erratic. Sometimes it goes up like it is revving itself, sometimes it stays normal. This causes some lurching movements at times.
Please what could be the cause
Nb: when I finished with the change and complained to the mechanic about the gear taking some time to enter reverse directly (unless I put it to drive first) he said it should not bother me. That I should take it to the express and the wahala will stop over time. the gear wahala stopped. And the uneven movement evened out too until last week when my alternator stopped working, and when I changed it, the engine will be going high at will, and there was this movement like the thing is changing gears on its own will while driving sometimes
Please your advice will be very welcome.

i think its the throttle. it happened to my car last week and my mechanic it was throttle, he fixed it. my car is running smoothly now without any problem. tell your mechanic to check the throttle first. goodluck

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by dialolodge(m): 3:52pm On Feb 11, 2016
msogunro:

Please confirm that the vehicle does not shake when you drive it.
The easy thing to check first are the motor mounts. They may be bad.
If not, it can be the torque converter. How long have you had this car and have you ever replaced the transmission oil? If there is no physical damage to the TV or tranny, new oil should fix it. If not, oooo
boy.

Bros Its almost a year since I have had the car, took it to d mechanic once to have the transmission oil drained and changed but the guy said that the transmission oil was ok and that I could still use it but then he said under my car needed total overhauling (don't know if that's what U mean by mounts). Pls I need further clarification. Thank you. I do really appreciate.
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by msogunro: 9:48pm On Feb 11, 2016
dialolodge:

Bros Its almost a year since I have had the car, took it to d mechanic once to have the transmission oil drained and changed but the guy said that the transmission oil was ok and that I could still use it but then he said under my car needed total overhauling (don't know if that's what U mean by mounts). Pls I need further clarification. Thank you. I do really appreciate.

The motor mounts soften the vibration the engine would cause. Without the motor mounts, the engine would be bolted to metal and you can imagine the noise and vibration it would cause. That is why I say the easiest thing to check are the motor mounts.

If you haven't changed the tranny oil and you don't know if the previous owner of the vehicle has changed it, I would consider changing the oil before trying to replace the motor mounts. Replacing the motor mounts will be costly, but you can see if they are bad with just a visual inspection.
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by pavlovt: 9:42am On Feb 14, 2016
mayor2013:

Shed more light into this am highly interested in the way your car was fixed

The speed sensor were removed and washed by my mechanic and that that was it.
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by mophic123: 12:24pm On Feb 15, 2016
cud wrong usage of oil cause occassional blue smoke in ML320, it smokes mainly when d weather is cold. but in d noon it does not,so I was told to drain d oil and use Mobil. It started when they change d oil. The stupid mech did not use Mobil because I was not around.
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by honmusa(m): 12:58pm On Feb 15, 2016
mophic123:
cud wrong usage of oil cause occassional blue smoke in ML320, it smokes mainly when d weather is cold. but in d noon it does not,so I was told to drain d oil and use Mobil. It started when they change d oil. The stupid mech did not use Mobil because I was not around.
Blue smoke is a sign of serious oil leak into your combustion chamber which may either indicate worn piston ring,valve seal ,cylinder bore etc
To determine the best repair method seek a reputable tech shop to perform a cylinder compression test on your engine to determine the cause .
call autologic @ 08061166316 to perform this test for you.
Also note that using Mobil with wrong grade of oil can also spell doom for your engine ,this is not about Mobil ,this is about using the right spec of oil for your engine .
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by jones2014: 1:05pm On Feb 17, 2016
Hi all, can you please help with this issue or give a suggestion, have got fog light on my bumper that is always, its connected to work with the headlights and not stand alone. problem the bulb usually burns out after a long trip or after a while. what is the possibilty of;
1. getting a good DRL in place of this ordinary bulb to work independently with car starting or,
2. getting a good grade bulb to connect to parking light.
bottom line is i just need the lights to last and work alone independent of the headlights. Any good rewire/tech in house that you can recommend.

Cc: Ikenna, Sienna... thanks (car is a toyota camry 2000/01)

Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by taiyod: 1:24pm On Feb 17, 2016
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by mayor2013: 8:01pm On Feb 17, 2016
taiyod:
Hello All,

My car`s transmission seems not to be engaging the second gear. I noticed this yesterday when the car revs so high when its trying to pick up speed with a very sluggish movement. Although the transmission fluid is still at the right level, at a point the ATF light on the dashboard came uon and I added a little more ATF but the problem still persisted. I also observed that where the road is free and am able to keep my leg on the accelerator, the vehicle revs so high for a while and eventually engages another gear which makes me to believe that its skipping the 2nd gear and moving to 3. When I put the shift stick in D2, the vehicle moves normally except that it cannot go beyond a certain speed around 60-80km/hr and the sound of the engine is quite high.

The first auto mechanic I met said its the transmission filter and that it needs to be changed alongside the ATF while another guy said its the "transmission fibre" that needs to be replaced.

please i need the input of professionals in the house. Thanks.

I cannot help you, rrqson being that you have failed to make your car complain comprehensive enough. Car details missing
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by taiyod: 8:53pm On Feb 17, 2016
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by mayor2013: 9:43pm On Feb 17, 2016
taiyod:

03 rav4 (ECU tested and found to have no issue)

Are you aware of the factory recall on toyota rav4 btw 2001-2003
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by skywalker240(m): 4:09pm On Feb 18, 2016
pls my freinds, does the chrysler crossfire have mechanics and spare parts in nigeria

And also does it consume so much fuel like mercedes?

am getting this car very soon pls i need your help all the auto lords pls help, i know daimler but am a novice to chrysler but considering its more cheaper than mercedes i choosed it.

Pls freinds i need ur advice
Help me
Thanks
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by mayor2013: 4:32pm On Feb 18, 2016
skywalker240:
pls my freinds, does the chrysler crossfire have mechanics and spare parts in nigeria

am getting this car very soon pls i need your help all the auto lords pls help, i know daimler but am a novice to chrysler but considering its more cheaper than mercedes i choosed it.

Help me
Thanks

Availability of part is not guaranteed. Parts are expensive. We have good auto engineers that work on them. Parts on the other hand should not be a problem as long as you can cope with the financial implications
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by skywalker240(m): 4:43pm On Feb 18, 2016
mayor2013:

Availability of part is not guaranteed. Parts are expensive. We have good auto engineers that work on them. Parts on the other hand should not be a problem as long as you can cope with the financial implications

that means its parts are just as cost as the mercedes. Noted

pls sir, and what about the gas consumption? and is it a RWD OR FWD?
Honestly i dont like asian cars that much otherwise i would have gon 4 the toyota highlander.

Thank u very much sir
God bless u sir
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by kingreign(m): 4:58pm On Feb 18, 2016
skywalker240:

Help me
Thanks

Chryston crossfire = mercedes SLK.
Now factor the "evil yet failed" merger of the equal, you'd know more about the coupe/convertible
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by mayor2013: 7:21pm On Feb 18, 2016
skywalker240:

that means its parts are just as cost as the mercedes. Noted

pls sir, and what about the gas consumption? and is it a RWD OR FWD?
Honestly i dont like asian cars that much otherwise i would have gon 4 the toyota highlander.

Thank u very much sir
God bless u sir

If Mecerdes make engines for chrysler e.g 300c hemi then you dont expect parts to be cheap. Its an Awd. You can still buy if you admire the car but bearing in mind that maintenance is the key to having a healthy ride
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by skywalker240(m): 7:29pm On Feb 18, 2016
mayor2013:

If Mecerdes make engines for chrysler e.g 300c hemi then you dont expect parts to be cheap. Its an Awd. You can still buy if you admire the car but bearing in mind that maintenance is the key to having a healthy ride

Thank you very much sir, i appreciate i geuss i must have a double mind now considerin its maintenance
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by skywalker240(m): 7:35pm On Feb 18, 2016
kingreign:

Chryston crossfire = mercedes SLK.
Now factor the "evil yet failed" merger of the equal, you'd know more about the coupe/convertible

Thanks and God bless u sir
Am grateful
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by femi9naija(m): 7:50pm On Feb 18, 2016
My Honda Accord 2005 EOD vibrates when the AC is powered on and it revs below 1000rpm but this stops when I'm in motion or press the accelerator. It revs to about 1500rpm when the ac is off. I also noticed that the revving meter goes up and down sometimes when the ac is on. My mechanic said I'll need to replace the "injector mouth" (whatever that is). What's the probable solution pls?
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by mayor2013: 8:24pm On Feb 18, 2016
femi9naija:
My Honda Accord 2005 EOD vibrates when the AC is powered on and it revs below 1000rpm but this stops when I'm in motion or press the accelerator. It revs to about 1500rpm when the ac is off. I also noticed that the revving meter goes up and down sometimes when the ac is on. My mechanic said I'll need to replace the "injector mouth" (whatever that is). What's the probable solution pls?

Your throttle body shoukd be cleaned including your IACV (intake air control valve)

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by Amucha: 9:04pm On Feb 18, 2016
hear the sound of water in my dashboard when I start my car. it often happens after the car has been parked for sometime. I have checked no water is leaking from any where in the car. the sound is just behind my steering wheel inside the dashboard.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Recent Revolutionary Innovations In The Automotive Sector / How Do You Know That Your Radiator Is ''expired''? / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.