Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Rotimi Amaechi: Petition Yet To Reach EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rotimi Amaechi: Petition Yet To Reach EFCC (359 Views)

Senate Postpones Decision On Anti-Amaechi Petition Till Wednesday / LIVE ON NTA: Senate Kicks Against Petition Submitted Against Rotimi Amaechi / Lol Caption This Photo Of Patience Jonathan And Rotimi Amaechi! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rotimi Amaechi: Petition Yet To Reach EFCC by babasolo(m): 4:50pm On Oct 24, 2015
Contrary to media reports that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission had been served with a petition against the former governor of Rivers state, Rotimi Amaechi, over allegations of corruption by Integrity Group, there are indications that the anti-graft commission has not received any formal complaint, New Telegraph reports.
Rotimi Amaechi at the Senate screening
According to the report, the EFCC had in line with the said petition written three letters dated August 13, two of which it said were addressed to the permanent secretary in the Rivers tate Ministry of Finance.
On the contrary, New Telegraph quoted a source that chose to remain anonymous saying that he was not aware of any petition against Amaechi.
He said:“To the best of my knowledge, I don’t know of any petition before us against him (Amaechi) to have necessitated an invitation for questioning as is consistent with our practice. If there is any – and I doubt – I’m not aware of such.
“I promise keep you updated, whenever anything contrary to what I have just told you, happens.”
When the distinguished senators asked the former Rivers governor during the his screening at the Senate session as a prospective minister in the president Mohammadu Buhari-led administration about the alleged indictment, Amaechi said that he was born to test his his right.
The ex-governor said:“I was once a student union leader and believe me, if there is one man who does not like corruption, I do not like corruption.
“I came here with a copy of the so-called panel report; there is nowhere that the panel indicted me. I am ready to tender this report before the Senate.
“I was ready for the questions on it and I brought the panel report so that the Senate can juxtapose it with the White Paper.”
Governor Nyesom Wike whose election has been nullified today, October 24, had set up a commission of inquiry to probe the administration of Amaechi.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Petition Yet To Reach EFCC by Dannyset(m): 4:55pm On Oct 24, 2015
Forged Letter headed paper by PDP.

(1) (Reply)

Is There Any Cogent Reason For Nigeria To Remain One? / EFCC Moves Against Diezani's Associates, Seizes Cars, Cash, Jewellery / EFCC Docks Ex-benue Gov. Suswan For N3.1bn Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.