Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Tribunal Judgement: My View - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal Judgement: My View (752 Views)

Tribunal Judgement: Wike Returns To A Rousing Reception In Port Harcourt / Guber Tribunal Judgement: We’ve Been Vindicated – Rivers APC / Akwa Ibom Governorship Tribunal Judgement: Udom(PDP) Vs Umana(APC) - Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribunal Judgement: My View by Augustdotun: 12:01am On Oct 25, 2015
LAGOS STATE vs RIVER STATE: Judiciary commedy

Same Election
Same PDP vs APC
Same Card Reader Issue
Same Electoral Act 2010
Different Judgement! a mess of the Judiciary..........
IN Lagos: Akinwumi Ambode (APC) vs Jimi Agbaje (PDP)
The Court of Appeal sitting in Lagos upheld the election of Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode stating that the non-use of the card readers or the dysfunctional nature of the card readers cannot invalidate the Lagos State Governorship Election. The court held that the Electoral Act (2010) as amended does not recognise the malfunctioning of a card reader as one of the factors that can lead to the nullification of an election.
This, the appellate court held, is because the Electoral Act predates the introduction of the card reader.
IN Rivers: Nyesome Wike (PDP) vs Dakuku Peterside (APC)
The tribunal says card readers were introduced by INEC to ensure credibility and transparency and that there is no conflict between the introduction of card readers and the provisions of the Electoral Act.
According to the tribunal, there is s directive by INEC on the exclusive use of card readers for accreditation and that INEC had directed that if the card reader failed the election should be postponed to the next day.
The tribunal said the fact that the presiding officers resorted to manual accreditation because the card reader failed and did not follow INEC directive to postpone the poll under such circumstances showed that the election was not conducted in substantial compliance with the Electoral Act, and thereby nullify the election and order a fresh election
Conclusion:
Equity before the law is a mirrage in Nigerian Judiciary under the influence of Political subterfuge. ...........
To sustain our Democracy Nigerians should riseup and clamour for an Independent, Reformulated and uncompromisable Judiciary where equity will count without recorse to Age, Gender, Class, Tribe, Religion or Political Affiliations
Augustdotun Writes from Ado Ekiti

Re: Tribunal Judgement: My View by OmoOlayinka: 12:12am On Oct 25, 2015
This is how they feel, I pity this country Nigeria.

Re: Tribunal Judgement: My View by bonechamberlain(m): 11:29am On Oct 25, 2015
hmm if u are not an apc member or supporter, the way things are going under this govt, even the judiciary would be against you.
Re: Tribunal Judgement: My View by Okanokan(m): 12:50pm On Oct 25, 2015
One Law for Apc, Another Law for Pdp and yet another for the Nigerian People. Nigeria we Hail thee!
PDP BAD! APC WORSE!!!.
We are watching CHANGE in REVERSE GEAR with two eyes closed!

(1) (Reply)

Buhari,Osinbajo & INEC Chairman Prof. Mahmoud's Son Having A Chat Today(Pic) / Nigeria Dominates The World / Ruling Party Expansionism And Dangers Ahead - Thisdaylive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.