Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,750 members, 7,813,467 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

Adeboye's Jet: The Rejected Truth (2) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye's Jet: The Rejected Truth (2) (840 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / Adeboye Inscribes Redeem Logo On New $65m Private Jet!!! / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeboye's Jet: The Rejected Truth (2) by REALTRUTH1: 12:47am On May 05, 2009
Continued from yesterday

In my part of Delta State, particularly among the Itsekiri and Ijaw communities in the riverine areas, there are no churches, let alone schools, health centres, electricity and so on. Go to Bayelsa, Akwa-Ibom and others, the story is largely the same. Every pastor wants to be in the city where he/she can have all worldly necessities of life. Our residential quarters, schools, and even roads have been mercilessly and lawlessly turned to churches, in reckless disregard of the right to freedom of religion as enshrined in the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The more the churches, with their uncontrollable loud speakers and fiery prayers, the more the high rate of crime and criminality in the society.

Most of their prayers often hang and end right there on the ceilings of their churches, as it appears God has turned His ears against the prayers of this set of pretentious and insidious elements, masquerading as Christians. Daily, everybody wants to either become a politician or a pastor. Churches are being planted as investment, a means of looting the poor and those who cannot differentiate between fake and original commands of the Bible. Christ has become the easiest and most marketable tool to rob, to cheat and to sell products, including fake ones, in the public, commercial buses inclusive. After political robbers rig elections, pastors would pray God to grant them long tenure, and even urge their congregations and general public to support a government that was not voted for by the electorate.

People are now paying for prayers; paying for praising and worshiping their heavenly Father. No wonder ladies are going into fornication and/or prostitution in order to pay their tithes and offerings, some of which are up to eight (if not more), alongside forceful vows and other levies. In the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN) led by Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, there are divisions: Yoruba caucus, Igbo caucus, Delta/Edo caucus, etc; everybody fighting for his selfish interest; not the preaching of the gospel of salvation, which our Lord Jesus Christ upheld.

A few months ago, one of the Pentecostal pastors took a loan from a bank and bought the Surulere, Lagos-based training centre of the Times Journalism Institute (TJI), a training wing of Daily Times of Nigeria Plc. Before the property was advertised for sale in "The Guardian" by the Federal Government, the pastor, in conspiracy with some top government officials, had long bought the property, demolished structures he deemed unfit and erected his multi-million naira church thereon; while deluding executives of the Students' Union Government (SUG) and some members of staff of the TJI that the place the church was built on was leased to him for three years. I wish to say the rest is history, as the Chairman of Daily Times and others are handling the matter confidentially.

A few months ago, when I was in Warri with members of my extended family, I was invited to a church programme. The church is located at Iyara Street. Rather than preaching salvation, it was all prosperity, how to give and invest in the lives of men of God. I had no choice than to put on my recorder to record the rantings of the guest speakers. The host pastor, who is also the founder/General Overseer, summarised it all when he told the congregation to go and close their bank accounts and bring the money to sow a seed of faith in their lives (pastors). Those who did not have money, let alone bank accounts, were told to go and borrow, deluding the congregation that it is only when they do that, that God would be challenged to answer their cries and heart desires. Right now, the GO has three cars and a personal driver! Perhaps, the next plan will be to establish a Bible college or university, and later, the purchase of a jet! Thereafter, the Isiekwenes of this deceitful world would feed us with all kinds of propagandist explanations.

While urging us to be wise as the serpent and smart as the dove, the Bible (I John 2:5-6) tells us: "If someone says, I belong to God; but doesn't obey God's commandments, that person is a liar and does not live in the truth. But those who obey God's word really do love Him. Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Christ did." While warning us in II John 1:10-11 that "If someone comes to your meeting and does not teach the truth about Christ, don't invite him to your house or encourage him in any way; anyone who encourages him becomes a partner in his evil work," Matthew 7:21-23 further notes: "Not all people who sound religious are really godly. They may refer to Me as 'Lord', but they still won't enter the kingdom of heaven. The decisive issue is whether they obey my Father in heaven. On judgment day, many will tell Me, 'Lord, Lord,' we prophesied in Your name and cast out demons in Your name and performed many miracles in Your name. But I will reply, 'I never knew you. Go away; the things you did were unauthorised."

Waxing philosophical, the great philosopher, Francois Arouet, lamented: "What a terrible time this is to be a Christian. The church has failed and betrayed us, and the ministry preaches hate and murder. If there is a sane and reasoning voice in the Christian church today, it is sadly silent." Christianity is not a theory or speculation, but a life; not philosophy of life, but a life and a living process. Samuel Taylor Coleridge, a renowned writer, noted: "He who begins by loving Christianity better than truth, will proceed by loving his own sect or church better than Christianity, and end in loving himself better than all." I believe we can learn from history how past generations thought and acted; how they responded to the demands of their time and how they solved their problems, worshipped their God.

The main thing history teaches is that human action has consequences and that certain choices, once made, cannot be undone. They foreclose the possibility of making other choices and thus they determine future events. Finally, in the words of the celebrated philosopher, C.I. Scofield, I say, "The church has failed to follow her appointed pathway of separation, holiness, heavenliness and testimony to an absent but coming Christ; she has turned aside from that purpose to the work of civilising the world, building magnificent temples, and acquiring earthly power and wealth; and, in this way, has ceased to follow in the footsteps of Him who had not where to lay His head."

*Concluded
Re: Adeboye's Jet: The Rejected Truth (2) by eghosaobas: 11:23am On May 05, 2009
Real truth,you see we have more 419ers in pastors than people in the world. If i have my way i would stop going to church cos these guys are just brain washing us.
Re: Adeboye's Jet: The Rejected Truth (2) by KunleOshob(m): 11:41am On May 05, 2009
I just thank God we are in a age of spiritual awakening, the truth is slowly being revealed and people are begining to realize what true christianity is NOT.
Re: Adeboye's Jet: The Rejected Truth (2) by PastorAIO: 11:42am On May 05, 2009
[size=16pt]Samuel Taylor Coleridge, a renowned writer, noted: "He who begins by loving Christianity better than truth, will proceed by loving his own sect or church better than Christianity, and end in loving himself better than all."[/size]

QFT!!
Re: Adeboye's Jet: The Rejected Truth (2) by todak(m): 6:32pm On May 09, 2009
MAY GOD SAVE PASTOR ADEBOYE AND VINDICATE HIM FROM THOSE WHO SEEK FOR HIS DOWNFALL.
Re: Adeboye's Jet: The Rejected Truth (2) by REALTRUTH1: 1:07pm On May 10, 2009
There can never be an end to this issue until Pastor Adeboye carifies the air himself, Just about a week ago,,,a minister in RCCG threatened that the church would even buy additional four jets,,,,Now my question has been,,,was the Jet bought by the church or by who,,,,in this dire econimic situation where Afrijet an airline company in Nigeria can hardly pay its staff salary someone is saying they would even go ahead and buy four more jets,,,,,
I mean its high time we start applying our heads when relating with people it does'nt matter if they are called men of God,,,,common mennnnnn!!
Re: Adeboye's Jet: The Rejected Truth (2) by tudor(m): 1:11pm On May 11, 2009
@Todak.
AMEN!! And may god bless him with many more jets,till he has more planes than the nigerian airforce!
Re: Adeboye's Jet: The Rejected Truth (2) by Abuzola(m): 8:30pm On May 11, 2009
Gbogba ! members of RCCG make una no vex 0, d truth they say is bitter
Re: Adeboye's Jet: The Rejected Truth (2) by Maykelly(f): 11:18am On May 18, 2009
REAL TRUTH:

Continued from yesterday

I[b]n my part of Delta State, particularly among the Itsekiri and Ijaw communities in the riverine areas, there are no churches, let alone schools, health centres, electricity and so on. Go to Bayelsa, Akwa-Ibom and others, the story is largely the same. Every pastor wants to be in the city where he/she can have all worldly necessities of life. Our residential quarters, schools, and even roads have been mercilessly and lawlessly turned to churches, in reckless disregard of the right to freedom of religion as enshrined in the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The more the churches, with their uncontrollable loud speakers and fiery prayers, the more the high rate of crime and criminality in the society. [/b]
Most of their prayers often hang and end right there on the ceilings of their churches, as it appears God has turned His ears against the prayers of this set of pretentious and insidious elements, masquerading as Christians. Daily, everybody wants to either become a politician or a pastor. Churches are being planted as investment, a means of looting the poor and those who cannot differentiate between fake and original commands of the Bible. Christ has become the easiest and most marketable tool to rob, to cheat and to sell products, including fake ones, in the public, commercial buses inclusive. After political robbers rig elections, pastors would pray God to grant them long tenure, and even urge their congregations and general public to support a government that was not voted for by the electorate.

People are now paying for prayers; paying for praising and worshiping their heavenly Father. No wonder ladies are going into fornication and/or prostitution in order to pay their tithes and offerings, some of which are up to eight (if not more), alongside forceful vows and other levies. In the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN) led by Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, there are divisions: Yoruba caucus, Igbo caucus, Delta/Edo caucus, etc; everybody fighting for his selfish interest; not the preaching of the gospel of salvation, which our Lord Jesus Christ upheld.

A few months ago, one of the Pentecostal pastors took a loan from a bank and bought the Surulere, Lagos-based training centre of the Times Journalism Institute (TJI), a training wing of Daily Times of Nigeria Plc. Before the property was advertised for sale in "The Guardian" by the Federal Government, the pastor, in conspiracy with some top government officials, had long bought the property, demolished structures he deemed unfit and erected his multi-million naira church thereon; while deluding executives of the Students' Union Government (SUG) and some members of staff of the TJI that the place the church was built on was leased to him for three years. I wish to say the rest is history, as the Chairman of Daily Times and others are handling the matter confidentially.
*Concluded

Hey grin I see envy here.
REAL TRUTH , why don't you become a pastor and deliver your people. This man your complaining about is not from your side. So why don't you become a pastor and deliver your people because you need no certificate to become one. Advise for you - so that you don't develop heart attack. grin
Re: Adeboye's Jet: The Rejected Truth (2) by rachiwise(f): 1:02pm On May 18, 2009
Hey I see envy here.
REAL TRUTH , why don't you become a pastor and deliver your people. This man your complaining about is not from your side. So why don't you become a pastor and deliver your people because you need no certificate to become one. Advise for you - so that you don't develop heart attack.

grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin grin undecided undecided grin grin

(1) (Reply)

If You Have 1 Wish Within 72 hrs B4 Death; What Would It Be? / Men Pleasing Over God Pleasing, Any Lessons? / Pictures Of Aborted Children: Why Are They So Wicked?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.