Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Sirach A Book In Bible And Its Position On Women - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sirach A Book In Bible And Its Position On Women (2199 Views)

If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? / Is God Really Worth Forgiving, Let's Take A Look At Crimes He Committed In Bible / Roman Catholic Church The Babylon In Bible Prophecy. +the Pope Is The Beast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sirach A Book In Bible And Its Position On Women by tonychristopher: 11:26am On Oct 25, 2015
I know that most of us can't understand this part of bible and many have not come across this part of bible

The book of sirach

Chapter 25

On the issue of divorce and women

21 Never lose your head over a woman's beauty, and don't try to win a woman because she is wealthy.

22 When a man is supported by his wife, there is sure to be anger, arrogance, and humiliation.

23 A bad wife will make her husband gloomy and depressed, and break his heart. Show me a timid man who can never make up his mind, and I will show you a wife who doesn't make her husband happy.

24 Sin began with a woman, and we must all die because of her.

25 Don't let a bad wife have her way, any more than you would allow water to leak from your cistern. 26 If she won't do as you tell her, divorce her.
Re: Sirach A Book In Bible And Its Position On Women by delishpot: 12:23pm On Oct 25, 2015
I trust you guys will never bring out the part that teach men to be good husbands and fathers. I have never seen boys post biblical verses to encourage men to follow Gods blueprint on marriage and family.
No wonder marriages dont last these days. When men are not trained to love and cherish their homes rather they are told that marriage is a master servant relationship where the man makes the rules and his woman does his every bidding. Too bad.

1 Like

Re: Sirach A Book In Bible And Its Position On Women by trapQ: 8:21pm On Oct 25, 2015
There is nothing like the book of sirach.
The bible is our ONLY standard. Nothing else will be accepted.

1 Like

Re: Sirach A Book In Bible And Its Position On Women by johnydon22(m): 8:37pm On Oct 25, 2015
trapQ:
There is nothing like the book of sirach.

The bible is our ONLY standard. Nothing else will be accepted.

Oh but there is actually. . . Book of Sirach is a deuterocanonical book along side tobit, esdras and many of them..

Written by Jesus son of Sirach. . . You can find it in a catholic bible or a jewish traditional scripture..

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sirach A Book In Bible And Its Position On Women by trapQ: 3:26am On Oct 26, 2015
There are 66 books in the "holy bible". Any other catholic or jewish book isn't accepted.

Nothing should be added or subtracted from the bible. There are also books eg the "book of mormon" which some orthodox churches use that are demonic. Theologians teach that those books are occultic, are not part of the law and didn't come from the lord. The holy bible with 66 books is the ONLY accepted book in christianity.
johnydon22:

Oh but there is actually. . . Book of Sirach is a deuterocanonical book along side tobit, esdras and many of them..

Written by Jesus son of Sirach. . . You can find it in a catholic bible or a jewish traditional scripture..
Re: Sirach A Book In Bible And Its Position On Women by tonychristopher: 7:16am On Oct 26, 2015
johnydon22:

Why lecture him..ignorance is bliss
Re: Sirach A Book In Bible And Its Position On Women by tonychristopher: 7:17am On Oct 26, 2015
trapQ:
There are 66 books in the "holy bible". Any other catholic or jewish book isn't accepted.

Nothing should be added or subtracted from the bible. There are also books eg the "book of mormon" which some orthodox churches use that are demonic. Theologians teach that those books are occultic, are not part of the law and didn't come from the lord. The holy bible with 66 books is the ONLY accepted book in christianity.

Who even gave you the bible ..is it not catholic and in council of nici...maybe that your Pentecostal church is bigger and older than catholic
Re: Sirach A Book In Bible And Its Position On Women by sholay2011(m): 7:21am On Oct 26, 2015
delishpot:
I trust you guys will never bring out the part that teach men to be good husbands and fathers. I have never seen boys post biblical verses 5o encourage men to follow Gods blueprint on marriage and family.
No wonder marriages dont last these days. When men are not trained to love and cherish their homes rather they are told that marriage is a master servant relationship where the man makes the rules and his woman does his every bidding. Too bad.

I actually agree with you.

@OP...Book of Sirach ko, book of Silifa ni.
Re: Sirach A Book In Bible And Its Position On Women by johnydon22(m): 8:47am On Oct 26, 2015
trapQ:

[b]The books you call old testament are actually Jewish texts and is part of their scripture Tenark which they still use today....Christianity borrowed those books in the development of their own canon.

Seriously this bible you are talking about was given to you by the catholic church.

The bishops decided which books that should be in the bible and which should not..
This bible you revere so much now was brought into being by the catholic church to serve as a canonical means of doctrinal deduction for christiandom.

The bible has actually since been 77.. (The church originally added this deutrocanonical books has been there since it was compiled).

The biblical evolution took many amount of years but the catholic and the eastern Orthodox has long since then being using the Deuterocanonical books (Septuagint) Protestants are actually the ones that removed these books with the argument that some of it were not in original hebrew manuscript.

But Sirach has been found to be originally in the hebrew manuscript.

I think you need to know more about your own religion to give you a sound understanding of its doctrines and established dogmas over time...

Deuterocanonical books has been there since actually, protestants excluded then from their own texts.

So anytime you pour out your reverence to the bible (As the infallible word of God) remember there wouldn't have been any if the catholic church didn't compile and canonize the collection
[/b]

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sirach A Book In Bible And Its Position On Women by trapQ: 9:00am On Oct 26, 2015
Says the atheist... I'm not in for long epistles, I just told you the deal, believe whatever you want to.
johnydon22:
[b]The books you call old testament are actually Jewish texts and is part of their scripture Tenark which they still use today....Christianity borrowed those books in the development of their own canon.

Seriously this bible you are talking about was given to you by the catholic church.

The bishops decided which books that should be in the bible and which should not..
This bible you revere so much now was brought into being by the catholic church to serve as a canonical means of doctrinal deduction for christiandom.

The bible has actually since been 77.. (The church originally added this deutrocanonical books has been there since it was compiled).

The biblical evolution took many amount of years but the catholic and the eastern Orthodox has long since then being using the Deuterocanonical books (Septuagint) Protestants are actually the ones that removed these books with the argument that some of it were not in original hebrew manuscript.

But Sirach has been found to be originally in the hebrew manuscript.

I think you need to know more about your own religion to give you a sound understanding of its doctrines and established dogmas over time...

Deuterocanonical books has been there since actually, protestants excluded then from their own texts.

So anytime you pour out your reverence to the bible (As the infallible word of God) remember there wouldn't have been any if the catholic church didn't compile and canonize the collection
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Sirach A Book In Bible And Its Position On Women by johnydon22(m): 9:05am On Oct 26, 2015
trapQ:
Says the atheist... I'm not in for long epistles, I just told you the deal, believe whatever you want to.

Oh this has nothing to do with being an atheist, i simply told you what it... You can never improve your knowledge of anything with this kind of attitude..

I am sure i have told you the actual truth, what you make of it is your own responsibility..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sirach A Book In Bible And Its Position On Women by Shollyps(m): 9:17am On Oct 26, 2015
trapQ:
being an atheist doesn't mean anything.... he can still lecture you concerning your religion.....I av.a question for you..... how are you sure that the bible that contains 66books is the true word of GOD?
Re: Sirach A Book In Bible And Its Position On Women by johnydon22(m): 9:26am On Oct 26, 2015
Shollyps:
being an atheist doesn't mean anything.... he can still lecture you concerning your religion.....I av.a question for you..... how are you sure that the bible that contains 66books is the true word of GOD?

I never for once here said anything concerning any God state of actuality, i only took my time to teach her biblical development and origin.

But i don't know she wouldn't see past her own nose. . . It has nothing to do with being an atheist but just someone teaching you what is.

She has made it clear to everyone here that she doesn't care what the truth it as long it goes against what she wants then she doesn't need it...

#Quite Sad i must say...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sirach A Book In Bible And Its Position On Women by trapQ: 10:14am On Oct 26, 2015
Lecture me about christianity?? He, along with other atheists know nothing about christianity. you people don't know but you think you know. Christianity isn't a religion. It is being christ like. Knowing the bible form genesis to revelation isn't christianity.
Or don't you know that Satan quotes the bible too and knows every verse in it? He knows basically everything about GOD, even more than we christians.

Christianity is a relationship with JESUS, he can't lecture me about my personal relationship with christ.

Answer my questions first, how do you hear from the holy spirit? If and when the holy spirit talks to you, how do you know he's the one talking? How do you discern and test spirits to know if they are from the lord?? How you differentiate btw angels of light and darkness even when angels of darkness disguise themselves as angels of light??

What are the spiritual weapons used in resisting the devil and negating his plans for your life??
Have you seen demons before? What are the languages the devil understands and the ones he doesn't?( This one is cheap). When the atheists can answer these questions then, and only then can they lecture me on christianity.

Every true christian fights unseen battles, there's more to life than what you see with your physical eyes. Atheists think its just about knowing the bible word for word. The bible isn't a textbook. So if you're just reading your bible without having a direct relationship with God, you're wasting your time and can read verses out of context.

So NO, he along with other atheists CANNOT school me on christianity, only someone more spiritually inclined than me can... GOOD DAY!!

Shollyps:
Re: Sirach A Book In Bible And Its Position On Women by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 26, 2015
johnydon22:

The Bible as Christians know it today is the infallible word of God, written by scribes inspired by the Holy Spirit since the days of Adam.. the bleeding ignoramuses have no clue that the gospels only started coming into written thoughts 50-60 years after Jesus died and that the Council of Trent in Nicene Rome organized the Bible they so voraciously consume.. Inspired by the Spirit indeed.. smhhhhH!!
Re: Sirach A Book In Bible And Its Position On Women by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 26, 2015
trapQ:
Lecture me about christianity?? He, along with other atheists know nothing about christianity. you people don't know but you think you know. Christianity isn't a religion. It is being christ like. Knowing the bible form genesis to revelation isn't christianity.
Or don't you know that Satan quotes the bible too and knows every verse in it? He knows basically everything about GOD, even more than we christians.

Christianity is a relationship with JESUS, he can't lecture me about my personal relationship with christ.

Answer my questions first, how do you hear from the holy spirit? If and when the holy spirit talks to you, how do you know he's the one talking? How do you discern and test spirits to know if they are from the lord?? How you differentiate btw angels of light and darkness even when angels of darkness disguise themselves as angels of light??

What are the spiritual weapons used in resisting the devil and negating his plans for your life??
Have you seen demons before? What are the languages the devil understands and the ones he doesn't?( This one is cheap). When the atheists can answer these questions then, and only then can they lecture me on christianity.

Every true christian fights unseen battles, there's more to life than what you see with your physical eyes. Atheists think its just about knowing the bible word for word. The bible isn't a textbook. So if you're just reading your bible without having a direct relationship with God, you're wasting your time and can read verses out of context.

So NO, he along with other atheists CANNOT school me on christianity, only someone more spiritually inclined than me can... GOOD DAY!!

can you seriously prove anything in the text above?
Re: Sirach A Book In Bible And Its Position On Women by trapQ: 5:10pm On Oct 26, 2015
Kindly rephrase your question pls.... Thanks
Teempakguy:
can you seriously prove anything in the text above?
Re: Sirach A Book In Bible And Its Position On Women by tonychristopher: 7:48am On Oct 27, 2015
voltron:

The Bible as Christians know it today is the infallible word of God, written by scribes inspired by the Holy Spirit since the days of Adam.. the bleeding ignoramuses have no clue that the gospels only started coming into written thoughts 50-60 years after Jesus died and that the Council of Trent in Nicene Rome organized the Bible they so voraciously consume.. Inspired by the Spirit indeed.. smhhhhH!!

You should have allowed them to wallow in ignorance
Re: Sirach A Book In Bible And Its Position On Women by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 27, 2015
trapQ:
Kindly rephrase your question pls.... Thanks
er, well,
can you provide,
1. a recording of the voice of the holy spirit,
2, a knowledge that only a divine being could possibly know. like a way to break lightspeed or the explanation of gravity.
3. a video recording of a miracle being performed.
4. anything at all to prove that christianity, and not islam or taoism is not the true religion?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Why Did Job's Wife Tell Him To Curse God And Die? / Day Of Bliss Ikorodu (25th June 2016) - Updates / The thought of heaven fills me and I can't describe the feeling oh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.