Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,243 members, 7,860,555 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:31 PM

6 Reasons Why Wike Will Win The Rerun Election In Rivers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6 Reasons Why Wike Will Win The Rerun Election In Rivers (1746 Views)

Rivers Rerun Violence: Why Wike Is Desperate To Stop Probe - IGP / Why Wike Withdrew Licences Of 16 Schools In Rivers State / Rivers Rerun Election: Live Result Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Reasons Why Wike Will Win The Rerun Election In Rivers by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 25, 2015
It is no longer news that the tribunal has called for a rerun in Rivers state governorship poll. what analysts are looking at now, is who is more likely to win the rerun, that's if the court of appeal upholds the judgement of the tribunal. After expert analysis and a careful study of the area, I've come to the conclusion that except APC uses federal might to rig the election, Wike would win for the following reasons.

1.The grassroot acceptance of PDP. In Rivers state, PDP is accepted as the party on ground. The party has produced all governors of the state, and most locals in the state only know how to thumb print beside the umbrella in any election..

2. The Political figures and strong men in the state. Wike has the backing of all political figures in the state except Rotimi Amaechi. Amaechi is the only big figure in Rivers who's not on Wike's side. from Odili to Omehia, to the three senators from the state to the members of the house of rep from the state, to the state house of assembly, all are for Wike and they all want to teach an arrogant Amaechi a lesson that he cant get things his way all the time. Wike also has top political figures like Lulu Briggs to help him mobilise votes from the Riverine.

3. The ruggedness and doggedness of Wike. I guess this is the reason the PDP picked Wike in the first place. Dakuku is no match for Wike in a normal contest, in reality it is the Amaechi factor that makes this a battle, and if there's a man who can match Amaechi mouth for mouth, action for action, it is Wike. Wike is like Fayose. when it comes to an election, he would spearhead his own campaign and mobilise votes himself.

4. The factor of the Jonathan's. yes the Jonathan's . They may be out of power, but down in Rivers, they still have the backing of the people. when it comes to mobilising women in the region, no other woman in the region can do it like Patience Jonathan. mama Peace would pull her full weight behind Wike and this would gather massive votes for Wike.
5. Buhari's lopsided appointments. the lopsided appointments made by President Buhari has given people of Rivers reasons not to support APC. Most people in that region see APC as an Hausa/Yoruba party, and for that reason, many have vowed to vote against APC.

6. Wike's treatment of Civil servants. the Civil servants in the state are comfortable with Wike, as in his stay in office so far, not only has he re-opened the judiciary shut by Amaechi, he has also paid the salary arrears of some civil servants who were being owed under Amaechi, as well as starting some key projects in the state. Wike has shown the Civil servants that he keeps his promises. my discussion with some civil servants shows that the workers are solidly behind Wike.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why Wike Will Win The Rerun Election In Rivers by pet4ril(f): 12:25pm On Oct 25, 2015
Following tongue
Re: 6 Reasons Why Wike Will Win The Rerun Election In Rivers by DropShot: 12:27pm On Oct 25, 2015
Many of us neutrals do not care who wins in Rivers. What we care about is the process that produces the governor.

Can any sane person really defend the April 11 gubernatorial election in Rivers and Akwa Ibom?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why Wike Will Win The Rerun Election In Rivers by sandraokosun: 12:29pm On Oct 25, 2015
rubbish
Re: 6 Reasons Why Wike Will Win The Rerun Election In Rivers by erunz(m): 12:38pm On Oct 25, 2015
Nice write up, it is only those who have PVC and also reside in Rivers that will vote in the re-run, that's y I laugh those non indigene of rivers when they make noise. If Tinubu like, he should go and become inec chairman. Wike will still win rivers

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why Wike Will Win The Rerun Election In Rivers by reuben79: 12:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
I disagree on no;4 why jonathan factor did nt win primary election in kogi st?why timi alide did nt win primary election in baylsea state?people knw dat jonathan support him indrectly.jst remove jonathan out off ur tread ok
Re: 6 Reasons Why Wike Will Win The Rerun Election In Rivers by honeygirl17: 12:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
Nigeria politics is like child's play
Re: 6 Reasons Why Wike Will Win The Rerun Election In Rivers by Mogidi: 12:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
DropShot:
Many of us neutrals do not care who wins in Rivers. What we care about is the process that produces the governor.

Can any sane person really defend the April 11 gubernatorial election in Rivers and Akwa Ibom?

And you can defend child voters in Kano abi?

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Wike Will Win The Rerun Election In Rivers by Omotayor123(f): 12:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
Hmm... I know he has a great chance of winning But not Absolute!

Wike shouldn't feel relax let him learn from Jonathan's mistakes.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Wike Will Win The Rerun Election In Rivers by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
Can wike still run for governor again? I thought he was sacked?
Re: 6 Reasons Why Wike Will Win The Rerun Election In Rivers by DropShot: 12:52pm On Oct 25, 2015
Mogidi:

You don't fight your case online. You do that in law courts.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Wike Will Win The Rerun Election In Rivers by ProfessorPeter(m): 12:53pm On Oct 25, 2015
Another factor that come to play is IPOB. Due to the arrest and incarceration of Nnamdi, the members will massively vote PDP to spite Buhari. I see wike as Governor. I know Appeal Court will favor him.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Wike Will Win The Rerun Election In Rivers by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 25, 2015
reuben79:
I disagree on no;4 why jonathan factor did nt win primary election in kogi st?why timi alide did nt win primary election in baylsea state?people knw dat jonathan support him indrectly.jst remove jonathan out off ur tread ok

as a south southerner, I can boldly tell you that the Jonathan's have massive support in Rivers. Rivers is not Kogi. Jonathan can't control what goes on in Kogi. maybe you don't know that Jonathan is a port Harcourt boy. Jonathan has lived more of his life in port Harcourt than he has even lived in Yenogoa.

in the APC primaries, Patience initially supported Alaibe, but later , close associates beckoned on her to join her husband in supporting Dickson, which she eventually did and dumped her support for Alaibe. right now, everyone in Jonathan's camp is behind Dickson and Dickson is good to go.

my guy, you can't take the Jonathan's away from the Rivers governorship election. madam Patience would surely mobilse for Wike

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Wike Will Win The Rerun Election In Rivers by carbonmonoxide: 1:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
Dhur?!
Re: 6 Reasons Why Wike Will Win The Rerun Election In Rivers by McBrooklyn(m): 1:13pm On Oct 25, 2015
How E Go Take Add To My CGPA Upcoming Semester lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Wike Will Win The Rerun Election In Rivers by fritiyo: 1:53pm On Oct 25, 2015
Even me that is from delta state will not think twice to go to rivers to vote for wike. i get my card from rivers oh.

I rep delta to vote for wike at d polls.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Wike Will Win The Rerun Election In Rivers by naija2dabone(m): 2:00pm On Oct 25, 2015
DropShot:

Just as any same person can not defend the under age votting in kano. Or the bribe scandal in yobe or the dss interference in the tribunal.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Wike Will Win The Rerun Election In Rivers by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:06pm On Oct 25, 2015
Appeal Court would favour Wike cos card readers is not in our electoral constitution,if not the Lagos election would be canceled too,I want a rerun so that We would teach Apc a lesson once and for all,PDP is the only Party we know in Rivers,SS and SE.Lalasticala,this thread deserves FP like the other one!

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Wike Will Win The Rerun Election In Rivers by DropShot: 2:21pm On Oct 25, 2015
naija2dabone:

Just as any same person can not defend the under age votting in kano. Or the bribe scandal in yobe or the dss interference in the tribunal.
You don't fight your wars online. Go to courts just as APC has done in some states.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Wike Will Win The Rerun Election In Rivers by tuniski: 6:13pm On Oct 25, 2015
Apc are just deceiving themselves. If national elections are conducted today PDP will sweep them out of power. Kano or no kano. The people are already disenchanted with this scam called change. The streets ain't smiling even almajiris ain't happy except for d undercurrent of ethnic renaissance, buhari will be stoned!
Re: 6 Reasons Why Wike Will Win The Rerun Election In Rivers by anibi9674: 7:21pm On Oct 25, 2015
all this Apc people think they have a say in rivers state . Apc have no structure in rivers state. The Apc big-wits in rivers state are up coming politicians looking for there daily bread. they will even sabotage dakuku's effort. The people of rivers state will want to get even with Apc at the federal level by voting out there brother. I don't see an igbo man voting for Apc at d polls.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Wike Will Win The Rerun Election In Rivers by bobbiekrantz: 7:27pm On Oct 25, 2015
this is just a lame melodrama orchestrated by the APC
PDP is rivers and rivers is PDP!!
#wikeremainsthegovernor!!
APC has the case in the tribunal PDP has the case in supreme Court and courts of appeal!
this rerun will shut the mouth APC and shame them!
Re: 6 Reasons Why Wike Will Win The Rerun Election In Rivers by pazienza(m): 7:43pm On Oct 25, 2015
www.thisdaylive.com/articles/wike-warns-against-further-pro-biafra-protests-in-rivers/223410/

How things change in days.

After the above ranting against IPOB and Biafra agitation from Wike, He should know by now that he is not really going to get the votes of most Igbos and Biafrans Resident in PH.

He believes in the indivisibility of Nigeria? Well, it's time he battle his fellow Nigerians for political relevancy in Rivers state.

The Igbos in Rivers should simply stay at home and watch Rivers people fight their own battle amongst themselves. No need getting involved.
Even if you must vote, don't do so as block vote.

Play it neutral, and congratulate any one that emerges victorious at the end of the day. That should be the game there.

Wike is strictly on his own.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Wike Will Win The Rerun Election In Rivers by hinwazaka: 7:48pm On Oct 25, 2015
[color=#000099][/color] There is only one reason why wike will thrash amaechi, peterside, APC, and the USA. And it is called statistics, wike has on his side the 10 political shotcallers, while Amaechi has only one with him. Amaechi, like oshiomole, and APC nairalanders believe that federal might wins elections. They forget to ask the all important question, how did the PDP lose 18 states with federal might. Even the mighty romans needed help from people within a city to sack a city. Amaechi can not seize a whole rivers state for himself, except God comes down from heaven to kill the people for him
Re: 6 Reasons Why Wike Will Win The Rerun Election In Rivers by hinwazaka: 8:03pm On Oct 25, 2015
The state judiciary is behind wike. The trade unions are behind wike, the lecturers, teachers and students are behind wike, the bus drivers are behind wike, the market women are behind wike. So who does peterside have, the president. Well, even if PMB, gets off his high horse, and comes down to rivers to rig the election, peterside will still lose
Re: 6 Reasons Why Wike Will Win The Rerun Election In Rivers by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:38pm On Oct 25, 2015
Mogidi:

help me tell am

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Wike Will Win The Rerun Election In Rivers by tomakint: 8:56pm On Oct 25, 2015
What made these gay azz APCheat clowns think they stand a chance in Rivers Wike shall flog them again

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Meet Samia Suluhu Hassan,tanzania's First Female Vice President / sinessmen / Photo: Check Out Dakuku's Reaction To His Defeat At The Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.