Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,231 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike (1960 Views)

Ondo Election: Less Than 1% Of Deployed Card Readers Malfunctioned – INEC / Edo: INEC Loses N100m, To Reconfigure 6,677 Card Readers / Fresh Trouble For David Mark As INEC Card Reader Detects More Ghost Voters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike by Aminat508(f): 3:52pm On Oct 25, 2015
Reacting again to the nullification of his election by the Rivers State Elections Petition Tribunal in Abuja, yesterday, Governor Nyesom Wike has reiterated that INEC’s card readers malfunctioned throughout the country in the 2015 general elections.
The Governor in a broadcast, Sunday, said that it was common knowledge that wherever the card reader malfunctioned, manual accreditation, which is the only process, recognized by the current Electoral Act, was used to accredit voters all over the country.
[img]http://cdn1.vanguardngr.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/200x269xWIKE.gif.pagespeed.ic.BXVlDTdJee.webp[/img]

He also, in the broadcast, enjoined all the people of the state to remain calm as their mandated can not be taken away ‘be assured that your mandate, which you freely gave to the Peoples Democratic Party and my humble self, is intact, safe and secure. God will not allow your mandate to come to naught.”
The broadcast read thus:

WE SHALL PREVAIL AND RETAIN OUR MANDATE
My dear people of Rivers State
It is with a profound sense of concern and responsibility that I address you over the judgment of the Rivers State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal delivered on Saturday, October 24, 2015, purportedly nullifying my election and return as the duly and lawfully elected Governor of our State.

2.We all know that on April 11, 2015, Rivers people in their millions joined the rest of the country and enthusiastically participated in electing their Governor and members of the State House of Assembly.

3.Apart from the reported malfunctioning of the card readers supplied by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), which placed no advantage on any of the contestants, the election took place throughout the State and was adjudged both by local and international observers to be largely peaceful, transparent, free, fair and credible.

4.Following the success of the election, I was returned as duly and lawfully elected by the INEC, having satisfied all the necessary legal requirements.

5.However, following the petitions by my friend, the APC gubernatorial candidate and his party, and despite the woeful failure of the Petitioners to discharge the burden of proof with respect to their contradictory, wild and false allegations against the conduct of the election, the State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal nullified my election on the basis of INEC’s alleged infraction of its administrative guidelines on the use of card readers.

6.It is common knowledge that INEC’s card readers malfunctioned throughout the country in the 2015 general elections. It is also common knowledge that wherever the card reader malfunctioned, manual accreditation, which is the only process, recognized by the current Electoral Act, was used to accredit voters all over the country.

7.So far I am not aware of any State where the election was postponed as a result of failure of card readers. Furthermore, the Court of Appeal in Agbaje v Ambode clearly stated that the partial or non-use of card readers is not the basis for the cancellation of an election.

8.Yet, against all legal odds and the grains of logic, the Tribunal in its wisdom decided to accord undue legal weight to the straw of statements around the use or non-use of card readers to support its decision in the face of a hopelessly bad case of the Petitioners.

9.As we all know, our judicial system is built on the doctrine of hierarchy of courts in which lower courts are bound by the decisions of courts higher in hierarchy on the same or similar issues. It is therefore strange for the Rivers State Governorship Election Tribunal to arrive at a decision that negates subsisting judgments of the Court of Appeal or the Supreme Court.

10.Being an implacable believer in the majesty of our judicial system as the last hope of the common man, I have implicit confidence in the ability of the appellate courts to correct the mistakes of the Tribunal and right the wrong that has been done to our collective psyche and aspiration.

11.Accordingly, I have since instructed my team of lawyers to immediately commence the appeal process and have the decision of the Rivers State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal upturned for good.

12.At this point, I appeal to all our supporters across the state and beyond to remain calm and go about their legitimate duties in a peaceful manner. There is no cause for alarm.

13.By virtue of the Constitution and the Electoral Act, I am still your Governor and will remain your Governor until the exhaustive conclusion of the appeal process at the Supreme Court.

14.Therefore, be assured that your mandate, which you freely gave to the Peoples Democratic Party and my humble self, is intact, safe and secure. God will not allow your mandate to come to naught.

15.I wish to thank the people of Rivers State for the unwavering support I have enjoyed from you since the beginning of the struggle to this moment. I am highly humbled with the show of solidarity from all and sundry and in particular, the confidence in our ability to move the State forward, and the overwhelming satisfaction with what we are already doing as our government to reposition the State.

16.I wish to further assure you that my team and I will not be distracted by this minor irritation. We shall remain focused on our vision and continue to deliver on our fundamental promises on improving security, massive development of infrastructure and socio-economic empowerment in Rivers State.

17.Finally, be assured that by the special grace of God, we shall ultimately prevail over our adversaries, retain our mandate and return the glory to God Almighty our Maker and Refuge.

18.Thank you and May God continue to bless Rivers State

Source:http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/its-common-knowledge-inecs-card-readers-malfunctioned-wike/
Re: It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike by madridguy(m): 3:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
We heard of EkitiGate to favour PDP now we are having RiversGate too for APC. We are bringing CHANGE to Rivers State soon.
Wike will be like, chai chai diaris godu ooooo.

2 Likes

Re: It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike by Funjosh(m): 4:00pm On Oct 25, 2015
This man is just saying beautiful Stories lipsrsealed

Vacate government house I don't know what is difficult in that undecided

5 Likes

Re: It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike by divinehand2003(m): 4:02pm On Oct 25, 2015
Its also common knowledge that these same card readers worked well in the north. I thinks there was a delibrate attempt to sabotage the use of card readers especially in the east and south south to pave way for the massive rigging that was orchestrated by the PDP during the 2015 elections. Now my dear Wike, ur plan has worked against you and your cronies. Go and prepare for the rerun now if fear nor dey catch you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike by jaybee3(m): 4:02pm On Oct 25, 2015
Why is he afraid of a rerun if he is as popular as claimed?

5 Likes

Re: It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike by Dolazee(f): 4:04pm On Oct 25, 2015
undecided

3 Likes

Re: It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike by TippyTop(m): 4:05pm On Oct 25, 2015
This tribunal self, in some states the tribunal says card reader don't matter, in other cases the tribunal says it matters. Just shows our tribunals are tele-guided from Aso Rock, they're making judgements from prepared scripts.
Re: It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike by Quadre: 4:07pm On Oct 25, 2015
Na so Wike want take comot? Na wa o

2 Likes

Re: It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike by daniska3yaro(m): 4:08pm On Oct 25, 2015
divinehand2003:
Its also common knowledge that these same card readers worked well in the north. I thinks there was a delibrate attempt to sabotage the use of card readers especially in the east and south south to pave way for the massive rigging that was orchestrated by the PDP during the 2015 elections. Now my dear Wike, ur plan has worked against you and your cronies. Go and prepare for the rerun now if fear nor dey catch you.
walahi is pure lie many northern states didn't use card reader and rigging was @ its peak took place in north than the other regions.
Re: It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike by seunmsg(m): 4:15pm On Oct 25, 2015
Stories that touch from Wike. He should start preparing for another election, if he wins free and fair, good for him, if not, that's the end of the road for his governorship ambition.

The last governorship election in Rivers is a sham that will never stand the test of time. No amount of broadcast will change that fact.

2 Likes

Re: It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike by Aufbauh(m): 4:23pm On Oct 25, 2015
Yeah it is a common knowledge that the card reader malfunctioned, so you too malfunctioned in churning out outrageous results...... Wike Vs Card reader

2 Likes

Re: It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike by Aufbauh(m): 4:25pm On Oct 25, 2015
Wike is already talking about going to the Supreme Court as if he knows that the appeal court will uphold the judgement of the tribunal.
All these legal precedences Wike is quoting ehh, if i were him i won't need any lawyer to represent me before any court as he sounds to be more equipped legally than those PDP and INEC lawyers..... Lolz
Re: It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike by kishimi8(m): 4:38pm On Oct 25, 2015
daniska3yaro:
walahi is pure lie many northern states didn't use card reader and rigging was @ its peak took place in north than the other regions.

Pls can you tell me the total number for registered voters in kano and the total number votes recorded, if you do then bring me the same of rivers and akwaibom state for comparison,

Also the total number of. Valid votes cast and invalid votes cast
Then you will know who actually rigged elections
Re: It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike by princemillla(m): 4:39pm On Oct 25, 2015
I am not a lawyer but wen a defendant had already admitted guilty, what else do you expect from the judge?

Re: It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike by hypertension(m): 5:39pm On Oct 25, 2015
We people of rivers state are behond you
Re: It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:40pm On Oct 25, 2015
don't worry, we will give you a working one this time
Re: It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike by hardywaltz(m): 5:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
WikeD shut up and prepare for Elections and then jail...

1 Like

Re: It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
jaybee3:
Why is he afraid of a rerun if he is as popular as claimed?

Why should he go for a re-run when he won the first election free and square!!why not ask Ambode to go for a re-run since you think he would also win a second time.Anyway if the recent judgement of the appeal and supreme courts on the card reader is anything to go by,I see the tribunal's verdict been upturned by the higher courts.
Re: It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
princemillla:
I am not a lawyer but wen a defendant had already admitted guilty, what else do you expect from the judge?

Seriously how do you reason? How did he say he is guilty? Even the Aks tribunal disregarded the card readers because it was not contained in the electoral act.
Re: It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike by dunkem21(m): 5:48pm On Oct 25, 2015
chukwudi44:

Why should he go for a re-run when he won the first election free and square!!why not ask Ambode to go for a re-run since you think he would also win a second time.Anyway if the recent judgement of the appeal and supreme courts on the card reader is anything to go by,I see the tribunal's verdict been upturned by the higher courts.
Re: It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike by size40: 5:52pm On Oct 25, 2015
Wike and his group led Kala police DPO in Rumuepirikom, Obio/Akpor LGA of Rivers State which is Mr Wike's community, Madam Grace, hijacked election materials a on the Eve of the election at the RAC center in Olanada opposite Rivers state school of Arts & Science (CASS).as a result of that, there was no election in more than 4 wards in Ohio/Akpor LGA. The whole Rumuola, Rumuadaolu, Rumuomoi, Rumuibo, Rumukwuta, Mgbuoba/ NTA road etc. Election did not take place in those areas. Yet results were released in those wards in favour of Wike. People living in these mentioned areas in port Harcourt can attest to this. Abeg make we leave this Wike matter. Those of from Rivers state know what happened. The so called election in Rivers state is far from being called an election. It was a complete warfare in Rivers state.
Re: It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 25, 2015
hardywaltz:
WikeD shut up and prepare for Elections and then jail...

I think you should be telling Dakuku to get his lawyers ready for the battle at the appeal court.We still have a very long way to go before the possibility of any re-run.Besides the supreme court Judgement expected on Tuesady on the tribunal's jurisdiction might even quash the judgement in its totality.
Re: It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 25, 2015
size40:
Wike and his group led Kala police DPO in Rumuepirikom, Obio/Akpor LGA of Rivers State which is Mr Wike's community, Madam Grace, hijacked election materials a on the Eve of the election at the RAC center in Olanada opposite Rivers state school of Arts & Science (CASS).as a result of that, there was no election in more than 4 wards in Ohio/Akpor LGA. The whole Rumuola, Rumuadaolu, Rumuomoi, Rumuibo, Rumukwuta, Mgbuoba/ NTA road etc. Election did take place in those areas. Yet results were released in those wards in favour of Wike. People living in these mentioned areas in port Harcourt can attest to this.
Bros if you have evidence of any of this then take it to the appeal court!! The tribunal did not nullify the election because of hijacking of ballo or violence rather because of the use of incident forms!! If the appeal and supreme courts have got reasons why the incident forms can be used,the tribunal's verdict would be upturned.
Re: It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike by Mopolchi: 6:01pm On Oct 25, 2015
Wike u r talking too much. Concentrate on ur appeal or get ready to contest in a re-run, if APC will allow you with EFCC.
Re: It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike by loomer: 6:08pm On Oct 25, 2015
It is common knowledge na.
Re: It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike by baba11(m): 6:23pm On Oct 25, 2015
I'm just seeing another wailing wailer....crying over a spilled milk#smh cheesy
Re: It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike by hardywaltz(m): 6:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
chukwudi44:

I think you should be telling Dakuku to get his lawyers ready for the battle at the appeal court.We still have a very long way to go before the possibility of any re-run.Besides the supreme court Judgement expected on Tuesady on the tribunal's jurisdiction might even quash the judgement in its totality.
U will be naive to think Judges will rule against their fellow Judges in terms of jurisdiction.
The President of of the Court of Appeal Tot it wise to move the Tribunal from Port Harcourt to Abuja for security reasons.
WikeD was only using all those frivolous law suits to stall for time.
Re: It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike by asumo12: 5:37pm On Oct 27, 2015
undecided undecided

Re: It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike by Aminat508(f): 5:39pm On Oct 27, 2015
asumo12:
undecided undecided
y u bend like dat?
Re: It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike by asumo12: 5:45pm On Oct 27, 2015
Aminat508:
y u bend like dat?

Re: It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike by banki(m): 5:47pm On Oct 27, 2015
Who else has noticed that Wike and the pdp are terribly silent about the violence that went on in rivers state before and after the election

Why are we acting as if people were not intimidated why are we acting like as if Wike did not also treathen amechi publicly
Have we forgoten so soon about commisioner mbu
Have we forgoten the bombs that went off during apc campaign

That's what we are talking about the insecurity in rivers during the election the card readers were secondry

I have not seen any PDP leader including the former president condem those attacks so it's either they were part of it or they endorsed it
But for a cat it happend some of it happend live on tv
Re: It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike by Aminat508(f): 7:42pm On Oct 28, 2015
naijaboiy pls kindly edit your comments I don't like it cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Emir Of Kano Sanusi Lamido Pictured With His Beautiful Daughters / Pictures Of Innocent Nigerians Burnt Alive By Nigerian Tyrant Buhari / See People Supporting Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.