Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust (20430 Views)

Medical Students Writing Exams In Bauchi University (Photos) / Lawyers Caught Writing Exams For Students, Law School DG Alleges / Delta University Arrests Man For Writing Exams For GF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust by makzeze: 7:02pm On Oct 25, 2015
Cheating in exams is common in both secondary schools and tertiary institutions in the country and thousands of students caught are either dismissed or made to repeat the classes.
Academic dishonesty, including cheating, widely practiced by students pose a serious problem across schools and campuses while educationists have overlooked the strategies adopted by students in cheating.

Desperate parents have paid huge sums of monies to talented persons to take exams on behalf of their wards and several parents and teachers have connived with examination officers to steal answers to both in-class and external tests. There were instances in which men were caught writing exams for their girlfriends.

One student of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Bauchi (ATBU) said examination malpractice had assumed a frightening dimension in schools. She said students smuggle cheat papers and textbooks into examination centers and copy directly from them. “During our first semester examination early this year, one 500 level female student of the business management department was caught cheating. She wrote answers in her skirt and was found copying directly from there. She was arrested and expelled.”
She said students have written exams for their friends and have gotten away with it; the few ones arrested have been punished. They have adopted many methods to cheat in exams without security personnel detecting them.

There were other students who also look at someone else’s exams sheets and copy from them but they are hardly identified if there is overcrowding at examination centers, she added.
Another student of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, said a man was caught writing the second semester examination for his girlfriend in 2014.
He said, “The man was arrested cheating during mass communication exams and ironically, he was not even a student of this university. He was taken to a police station and prosecuted. As for the girl in question, I haven’t set my eyes on her again.”
He said students found cheating in exams are made to face disciplinary committees and those found guilty are either expelled or made to repeat a session, depending on the offense, adding that the management does not turn a deaf ear to cases of exams malpractice no matter the status of those involved.

Not only do students cheat in exams but they also steal the dissertations of previous students, an act that stifles creativity and defeats the purpose of education. Students engaged in plagiarism or copying the work of others face severe punishment if found.
The Vice Chancellor ‎of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), Professor Vincent Ado Tenebe, said the university had adopted far reaching measures to tackle unforeseen challenges including exams cheating. He said computer software was being used to detect any case of plagiarism.

Despite examination malpractice Act 33 of 1999 that stipulates punishment ranging from fine of N50, 000.00 to N 100, 000.00 and imprisonment for a term of 3-4 years with or without option of fine, this trend has become an epidemic in the educational system. It is not limited to private or governments schools. It is everywhere. Schools proprietors allegedly induce invigilators while parents bribe teachers to allocate marks to their children.

Lecturers allegedly ask for gratification from students either in kind or in cash while men have written exams for their girlfriends, one exam official said. The official, who pleaded for anonymity, said people are hired to write school certificate exams on behalf of ‘lazy students.’
In her paper titled Checking Examination Malpractice in Nigerian Schools, Dr. A.O. Oredein, Senior lecturer, Institute of Education, Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, said the reasons for examination malpractice “included the low moral standard in schools, candidates fear of failure, lack of confidence in themselves, inadequate preparation, laziness and ‘419’ syndrome that have eaten deep into the fabrics of the society.”
Some university lecturers are of the opinion that inadequate teaching and learning facilities, poor conditions of service of teachers fear of‎ failure by students and admission of unqualified candidates into universities are responsible for examination malpractices.

In his paper presented at the stakeholders’ forum on rising integrity in the conduct of examinations in the Nigerian educational system recently, Dr Malami Umar Tambuwal from faculty of Education and Extension Services, Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, stated that the desire of some parents to help their children is one of the reasons for examination malpractice in the educational system.

He said some parents would blindly want their children to get into ‘lucrative courses’ like medicine, accountancy, law etc. as such would collide with any person who can at all cost get their children the required credits.
Parents especially of wards in private and specialized schools, threaten proprietors of withdrawal of children or closure of schools if‎ their children do not make excellent results, he stated.

According to him, other reasons include high stakes of examinations, teacher and school status, personality disposition, inadequacies of the‎ examinations, inadequate school facilities and teachers, location of examination centers, low salary level, respect for certificate, and threat and intimidation of parents.
But Mr. Danladi Idris, an educationist, said that incapacity of some lectures and teachers is one of the major causes of examination malpractice.
He said lecturers hardly finish most of their course outline for an academic semester before giving examinations to the students, in some cases, the “lecturers even go to the extent of giving examinations to the students even in the areas that they did not teach the students for that academic year.”
According to Dr Oredein, the only solution to examination malpractice is that all staff of examination bodies should be well paid.
He said, “Whatever may be the case, examination malpractice has eroded our educational system. It has become an epidemic. Therefore, there is need for all stakeholders to come together and take serious measures to address the situation.”

source: http://dailytrust.com.ng/news/education/men-accused-of-writing-exams-for-girlfriends/115965.html

cc: lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust by deltateam: 7:05pm On Oct 25, 2015
FTC tins! grin

This week will be good for all of us.
Please show a brother some love by liking.
My first time being first to comment in over a year!

Thanks.

I dedicate this page to Oga Seun, our Moderators and the entite Nairaland family.

1 Like

Re: Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust by politricks: 7:10pm On Oct 25, 2015
God forbid. Na so her toto sweet wey i go cum dey write exam for her.

2 Likes

Re: Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust by djakinwande(m): 7:14pm On Oct 25, 2015
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust by damton(m): 8:36pm On Oct 25, 2015
If you can pay in cash, you pay in kind. obviously, he took the latter.

Clearly, this underscore the need for Change not only in governance, but change in attitude and orientation of Nigerians as well.

1 Like

Re: Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust by 3rdlegxxx(m): 8:36pm On Oct 25, 2015
politricks:
ah ah must everything be about her girls punna? na wa 4 some guys thinking sha

13 Likes

Re: Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust by Dottore: 8:36pm On Oct 25, 2015
How does cheating in exams become news in Nigeria again

6 Likes

Re: Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust by PRINCENWAEZE(m): 8:36pm On Oct 25, 2015
grin. Abeg make una free the man joor, sha no be 1 senator declear him wife as him assets grin maybe the babe na the guy asset as well so doing the needful for love is not a crime grin

This guy in the pic below me was also accused of washing his girlfriend underwear gringrin

Re: Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust by gamaliel121(m): 8:36pm On Oct 25, 2015
Girlsss always putting us in trouble..
Mmmm
This is what I have being saying oo..

1 Like

Re: Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust by onajison(m): 8:37pm On Oct 25, 2015
Eaya
Re: Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust by TELLHIT(m): 8:37pm On Oct 25, 2015
cheesy
Re: Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust by Freakypinky(f): 8:38pm On Oct 25, 2015
Such a Charming guy.
Re: Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust by raayah(f): 8:38pm On Oct 25, 2015
True love is dangerous.
A lot of men in love are willing to go the extra mile to make their women happy.
Re: Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust by Lilchilz(m): 8:38pm On Oct 25, 2015
BOY:bae is it in?

Girl:yeah

BOY:does is hurt!

Girl:mmmm

BOY:let me try to put is slowly

Girl:ouch! It hurts

BOY:do you love it?

Girl:Mmmm! Not really!

BOY:okay,let's try another shoe size then.

6 Likes

Re: Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust by Seculent: 8:38pm On Oct 25, 2015
politricks:
Free all these girls punna na. grin
Re: Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust by Benfaco: 8:38pm On Oct 25, 2015
pls guys I won't lie today is not birthday but I won a 1k recharge card over man u vs mufc predict and win.

pls DASH me likes....

Abeg....

20 Likes

Re: Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust by OLAplusONE(m): 8:38pm On Oct 25, 2015
Every one with his business
Re: Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust by pretydiva(f): 8:39pm On Oct 25, 2015
Their girl friends na big time dondi

1 Like

Re: Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust by ijechikky(f): 8:39pm On Oct 25, 2015
Its love na,wats there?

But anyhow sha, Mgbo go everly fly grin
Re: Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust by ajuwarhodes(f): 8:39pm On Oct 25, 2015
This cheating thingy can only be addressed from the top,cos our leaders sef dey cheat us

1 Like

Re: Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust by mightyhaze: 8:40pm On Oct 25, 2015
Its v serious! Somtime in 2002 or so a guy jumped from d 3rd floor of fac of social sciences uniben wen he was caught writin exams 4 his babe. I was in uniben 2 chek on ma younger bro wen d commotion started. D guy broke his spinal cord n died dayz later. I wonder y des guyz won't encourage dia babes 2 read n pass dia exams well. Dey will prefer 2 show off dia guts n brilliance 2 d gal

2 Likes

Re: Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust by seangy4konji: 8:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
And he might not be seeing ordinary panties.

Give am 10 years To cool off.

That's one of the guys that will have top bunk in hell fire.
Re: Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust by drnairalov: 8:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
its love... i did that for some girl when i was in the Nigeria law school Abuja in the final bar II exams. she was my good beloved friend,I loved her to pieces, and was hoping for a lovely future with her, i was friend zoned, so i took it on my self to help her after she promised to love me forever, bla bla bla!!!

The law school system of marking is negative marking, hence you are graded with your least result, she was scared, hence i wrote the exams for her that is i put my name in my work while she put my name in hers. she came out with a 2.1 while i came out with a pass

to cut the long story short.. she dumped me to date some richer guy who had range-rover...i was saying nemesis will catch up with her, but nope they got married this last july sad sad sad

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
Story too long for me to read, OP nxt tym make ur story Brief. True Luv Can Make someone blind some tyms sha........
Re: Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust by shipfromchina: 8:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
Buy cheap items from China Market and we help you deliver to your doorstep.
Buy cheap bags, laptops and notebooks, phones, shoes e.t.c
You can order from alibaba, aliexpress e.t.c or contact us to help you order for free and we have the items shipped to your doorstep. we are reliable and above all we deliver excellent services to our clients and customers.

call mr johnson on +864008900429 for more details.

Re: Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust by Seunaj05(m): 8:42pm On Oct 25, 2015
Something gives me so much joy anytime I remember. I made up my mind and I trusted God for help that I will NEVER ask the simplest "a" or "1" throughout my 4 years in sch, and I never did. I graduated with a very good result and I know I wouldn't have done better even if I'd cheated. U can also decide today. Happy Sunday y"all
Re: Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust by Jengem: 8:42pm On Oct 25, 2015
Cursed
Re: Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust by ERONX(m): 8:42pm On Oct 25, 2015
Since d purported exam malpractice took place in the North... the young man who wrote d exam should be dealt with using d sharia law, I guess after whipping him 60 strokes, no other student will be bold enough to indulge in such act grin
Re: Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust by pus33: 8:43pm On Oct 25, 2015
Re: Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust by mechanics(m): 8:43pm On Oct 25, 2015
Gud. Parents, students, guardians, exam officers are meant to knw d consequences of exam malpractices, d write up has said it all, its meant 4 u and me to take corrections and free d society 4rm exam malpractice.
Re: Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust by funum(m): 8:43pm On Oct 25, 2015
Re: Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust by politricks: 8:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
3rdlegxxx:
ah ah must everything be about her girls punna? na wa 4 some guys thinking sha
In Shaggy's voice 'The strength of a woman punna'

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word / JAMB To Scrap Uniform Cut-off Points For Universities, Others / How I Was Scammed Through Admission Runz. (learn From My Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.