Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,359 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Anxiety Grips Delta As Tribunal Decides Okowa's Fate In 48 Hours. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anxiety Grips Delta As Tribunal Decides Okowa's Fate In 48 Hours. (11524 Views)

Obaseki & Oshiomhole Jubilate As Tribunal Dismisses Ize Iyamu's Application(pics / Anxiety Grips PDP Chieftains Over Buhari’s Extradition Plan / Aisha Jummai-Alhassan 1st Elected Female Governor As Tribunal Sacks Ishaku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anxiety Grips Delta As Tribunal Decides Okowa's Fate In 48 Hours. by Episteme2(m): 10:21pm On Oct 25, 2015
Palpable anxiety appears to be hanging densely over Delta State as the Delta State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal is set to make final ruling on the two petitions filed against the election of Dr Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa as Governor following the April 11, 2015 election in the state.

The tribunal is expected to give its verdict within 48 hours on the petitions filed by the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), O'tega Emerhor, and that of the Labour Party (LP), Great Ovedje Ogboru, challenging the declaration of Okowa of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as Delta State Governor by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), which was joined in the suits as 3rd Respondent.

The tribunal Chairman, Justice Nasiru Gunmi, about two weeks ago announced that the three-man panel would pronounce its judgment at a date not later that October 28, 2015.

Justice Gunmi said that this was based on the fact that counsel to the respective parties (petitioners and respondents) had on Tuesday, 13 October, 2015 concluded the adoption of their respective written addresses by both the respondents and the petitioners.

The tribunal chairman stated that the tribunal would communicate the actual date of the final ruling on the petitions by the APC and LP "on or before October 28, 2015".

Counsel to Okowa, the PDP and INEC in the two cases, Dr Alex Iziyon (SAN), Mr Timothy Kehinde (SAN) and Mr Onyechi Ikpeazu (SAN), respectively adopted the written address on the petition by Chief Great Ogboru and the LP as well as that filed by O'tega Emerhor of the APC.

Generally, the three counsel sought the dismissal of the two petitions, which are essentially seeking the cancellation of the election and an order of the tribunal for a rerun.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/anxiety-grips-delta-as-tribunal-decides-okowas-fate-in-48-hours/223742/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anxiety Grips Delta As Tribunal Decides Okowa's Fate In 48 Hours. by chocolateme(f): 10:24pm On Oct 25, 2015
Whattttt?? Okowa is a good man, was the SSG going out when I was entering SSG for my NYSC. His fatherly disposition is outstNding.
Nawaooo!! Politics bad oo..
But chief Ogboru the great is one die hard I have ever seem in my life..
He can never accept defeat, several times now of which I participated twice in conducting his elections, he has vied for gubernatorial severally yet keeps failing, I don't know if it's because of his party or past involvement during military regime.
I think he is my inspiration on never giving up in life so easily.
I don't know y politics is so dirty..

FTC
Chocolate cream

7 Likes

Re: Anxiety Grips Delta As Tribunal Decides Okowa's Fate In 48 Hours. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 25, 2015
Lollllcheesycheesy

i havent seen any change seen okowa emerge as the governor rather things seem to be more difficult,i learnt there will be an increase in school fees self,talk of ogboru,one hell of a stubborn and self conceited man....

They are the same people,none is better,btw who says there is tension heresorry but we are not under any tensioncheesycheesy

2 Likes

Re: Anxiety Grips Delta As Tribunal Decides Okowa's Fate In 48 Hours. by obi4eze(m): 10:29pm On Oct 25, 2015
wink grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anxiety Grips Delta As Tribunal Decides Okowa's Fate In 48 Hours. by kelvine(m): 10:32pm On Oct 25, 2015
Season 2.
Now this is not funny.
Season of changing power.

2 Likes

Re: Anxiety Grips Delta As Tribunal Decides Okowa's Fate In 48 Hours. by PseudoFallacy: 10:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
If the rumours are true that he`s the external brain behind the proposed school fees increasal in Delsu, then I pray he get Nyesom Wiked.....

7 Likes

Re: Anxiety Grips Delta As Tribunal Decides Okowa's Fate In 48 Hours. by okomogo(m): 10:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
Tribunal can cancel the election and ask for a re-run for all I care, Quote me if you can APC CAN NEVER WIN ELECTIONS IN DELTA RIVERS AND AKWA IBOM STATE.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anxiety Grips Delta As Tribunal Decides Okowa's Fate In 48 Hours. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 25, 2015
chocolateme:
Whattttt?? Okowa is a good man, was the SSG going out when I was entering SSG for my NYSC. His fatherly disposition is outstNding.
Nawaooo!! Politics bad oo..
But chief Ogboru the great is one die hard I have ever seem in my life..
He can never accept defeat, several times now of which I participated twice in conducting his elections, he has vied for gubernatorial severally yet keeps failing, I don't know if it's because of his party or past involvement during military regime.
I think he is my inspiration on never giving up in life so easily.
I don't know y politics is so dirty..

its dirty cause u make quick money, fame and fortune so greedy people will try to Rob worthy people at all cost!!! that's ur answer.

2 Likes

Re: Anxiety Grips Delta As Tribunal Decides Okowa's Fate In 48 Hours. by chocolateme(f): 10:57pm On Oct 25, 2015
kingsolex:

its dirty cause u make quick money, fame and fortune so greedy people will try to Rob worthy people at all cost!!! that's ur answer.
yea true dear, why are u still awake by this time? See time, I think u should go to bed.

1 Like

Re: Anxiety Grips Delta As Tribunal Decides Okowa's Fate In 48 Hours. by chat2deen(m): 11:04pm On Oct 25, 2015
okomogo:
Tribunal can cancel the election and ask for a re-run for all I care, Quote me if you can APC CAN NEVER WIN ELECTIONS IN DELTA RIVERS AND AKWA IBOM STATE.

Are u God? Ppl like u once said PMB will never rule nigeria or u call it united nigeria! Let justice prevail in the court's judgement, God bless Nigeria!

25 Likes

Re: Anxiety Grips Delta As Tribunal Decides Okowa's Fate In 48 Hours. by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:05pm On Oct 25, 2015
okomogo:

Na so so mouth them get like person wey dey chop bean cake

5 Likes

Re: Anxiety Grips Delta As Tribunal Decides Okowa's Fate In 48 Hours. by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 25, 2015
chocolateme:
yea true dear, why are u still awake by this time? See time, I think u should go to bed.

smiles, I want to crack my ribs no forum like Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Anxiety Grips Delta As Tribunal Decides Okowa's Fate In 48 Hours. by LastSurvivor: 11:13pm On Oct 25, 2015
Buhari is a witch, quote n die like boko haram victims under buharis watch

3 Likes

Re: Anxiety Grips Delta As Tribunal Decides Okowa's Fate In 48 Hours. by PapaNnamdi: 11:14pm On Oct 25, 2015
Useless country

Animal farm

2 Likes

Re: Anxiety Grips Delta As Tribunal Decides Okowa's Fate In 48 Hours. by Episteme2(m): 11:55pm On Oct 25, 2015
For a particular party, it is victory to democracy and deadly blow to impunity if the judgement goes in their favour, otherwise, the judge is compromised and the court or tribunal is a kangaroo.

3 Likes

Re: Anxiety Grips Delta As Tribunal Decides Okowa's Fate In 48 Hours. by illiad: 12:32am On Oct 26, 2015
lets see where buhari is headed

1 Like

Re: Anxiety Grips Delta As Tribunal Decides Okowa's Fate In 48 Hours. by Nobody: 12:33am On Oct 26, 2015
I'm calling on my Biafran people in Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Delta and Bayelsa to resist APC-Fulani-Yoruba slave party with every fiber of their being. They are trying to swindle all oil producing states in SS. Is it by coincidence that they are not contesting my state election...Cross River? Because we have no oil or rather minuscule amount so they are not interested. Open your eyes my people, they will milk your states like they milked Rivers under Ameachi.

GMB will spark a revolution in SS I'm telling you. Tension is high now in Rivers...the people are with Wike

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety Grips Delta As Tribunal Decides Okowa's Fate In 48 Hours. by Nobody: 12:51am On Oct 26, 2015
APC don't have the charisma to be a leading political party so even if they end up getting Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Delta, they will still crash even sooner than PDP.

PDP had the charisma but they lost it due to pride.

What is happening now is a good opportunity for smart thinking politicians to come together and form a formidable political party without any immaturity or propaganda.

But trust me, the brand of polithieftians we have in Nigeria are stuffed with fish brain. angry

7 Likes

Re: Anxiety Grips Delta As Tribunal Decides Okowa's Fate In 48 Hours. by Omololu007(m): 1:00am On Oct 26, 2015
new2020:
I'm calling on my Biafran people in Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Delta and Bayelsa to resist APC-Fulani-Yoruba slave party with every fiber of their being. They are trying to swindle all oil producing states in SS. Is it by coincidence that they are not contesting my state election...Cross River? Because we have no oil or rather minuscule amount so they are not interested. Open your eyes my people, they will milk your states like they milked Rivers under Ameachi.

GMB will spark a revolution in SS I'm telling you. Tension is high now in Rivers...the people are with Wike
ibo man,APC is in control of a state in the south east and south south.APC will win in one of this state(akwa ibom,rivers or delta)

7 Likes

Re: Anxiety Grips Delta As Tribunal Decides Okowa's Fate In 48 Hours. by Trioxocarbonate: 1:05am On Oct 26, 2015
Great Ogboru is the man. I pray it will go in his favour.
Re: Anxiety Grips Delta As Tribunal Decides Okowa's Fate In 48 Hours. by Trioxocarbonate: 1:08am On Oct 26, 2015
Re: Anxiety Grips Delta As Tribunal Decides Okowa's Fate In 48 Hours. by 2dillu2(m): 8:34am On Oct 26, 2015
Cc lalasticlala seun And other mods
new2020:

Re: Anxiety Grips Delta As Tribunal Decides Okowa's Fate In 48 Hours. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:23am On Oct 26, 2015
okomogo:
we dnt need to quote u...we remember the trance and cliché: buhari will never smell the seat of aso rock

1 Like

Re: Anxiety Grips Delta As Tribunal Decides Okowa's Fate In 48 Hours. by damton(m): 10:14am On Oct 26, 2015
b
Re: Anxiety Grips Delta As Tribunal Decides Okowa's Fate In 48 Hours. by dave2meek(m): 10:15am On Oct 26, 2015
Buhari steer clear SS and SE. They are no go area for broom waving witches.

3 Likes

Re: Anxiety Grips Delta As Tribunal Decides Okowa's Fate In 48 Hours. by lonelydora: 10:15am On Oct 26, 2015
Na wa
Re: Anxiety Grips Delta As Tribunal Decides Okowa's Fate In 48 Hours. by oekehinde: 10:15am On Oct 26, 2015
Re: Anxiety Grips Delta As Tribunal Decides Okowa's Fate In 48 Hours. by omusiliyu(m): 10:15am On Oct 26, 2015
Anyhow... Okowa will return
Re: Anxiety Grips Delta As Tribunal Decides Okowa's Fate In 48 Hours. by uwa1(m): 10:16am On Oct 26, 2015
APC is learning very fast... Their determination in sending PDP to extinction is very high... Let's watch and see who becomes the master..

1 Like

Re: Anxiety Grips Delta As Tribunal Decides Okowa's Fate In 48 Hours. by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 26, 2015
PDP governors e haf be for Una

4 Likes

Re: Anxiety Grips Delta As Tribunal Decides Okowa's Fate In 48 Hours. by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:17am On Oct 26, 2015
Hope justice is done to all cases involved.

See how you can make huge money starting plantain farming business

On 1 acre of land, using hybrid cultured suckers,
1,000 bunches are guaranteed. 1000 plantain bunches sold at N1,000/bunch (through contract sale)
Revenue= 1million naira for the first harvest.
Check for more info at
www.nairaland.com/2097637/hidden-truths-plantain-farming-business

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku To Osun Electorates: Guard Your Votes, Don’t Let APC Steal Them / Mutiu Okunola Defects To APC / Buhari Yet To Send Supreme Court Justice-Nominees For Senate’s Confirmation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.