Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,013 members, 7,852,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:34 PM

Fulani Herdsmen: Kwankwaso To Yoruba Elders "SHUT UP" You Cant Sack Them - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen: Kwankwaso To Yoruba Elders "SHUT UP" You Cant Sack Them (2256 Views)

South West Cant Sack FULANI HERDSMEN - R. Kwankwaso / Govt Should Cater For Fulani Herdsmen – Kwankwaso / Efcc’s Threat Of Arrest Confined Kwankwaso To His Residence – Lawyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen: Kwankwaso To Yoruba Elders "SHUT UP" You Cant Sack Them by iiiyyyk(m): 7:14am On Oct 26, 2015
Former governor of Kano State, Rabiu Kwankwaso, has told Yoruba leaders, threatening to sack Fulani herdsmen from the South-West geo-political zone to ‘shut up’, saying such utterances could thwart efforts to achieve a peaceful Nigeria.
He disclosed this in a chat with newsmen in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, at the official opening of a N40 million prefabricated structure, comprising two-bedroom and three-bedroom flats donated by Vitafoam Nigeria Plc to the Government College, Ibadan, to mark the jubilee celebration of 1965 to 1971 set.
Prominent Yoruba leaders had two weeks ago risen from an emergency summit in Ibadan, and handed a red card to Fulani herdsmen in the South-West.
In the communiqué issued at the end of the summit, they sought for an end to Fulani herdsmen grazing in Yorubaland and directed all nomadic herdsmen to wind up their activities. The summit was held against the backdrop of the recent kidnapping of Chief Olu Falae, former Secretary to the Government of the Federation by Fulani herdsmen.
But Kwankwaso, a Fulani from Kano State, said crises between farmers and Fulani herdsmen are not peculiar to the South-West, adding that that the same issues recur in northern Nigeria, Niger Republic, Chad and Cameroun are not an exception.
Kwankwaso said sacking Fulani herdsmen from the South-West is not the solution, but all and sundry must understand the situation.
His words: “It is not only peculiar to the South-West. We just have to have a lot of understanding of the situation. Some of the issues being raised by the people, especially politicians, do not help anybody. If you sack the Fulani from here or you fight them, maybe it is because you are here. If you are a Yoruba man based in Kano, I don’t think you can contemplate sacking the Fulani. I am from Kano, but right now, I am in Ibadan. Where you are is your home. Today, Ibadan is my home. God forbid, if something bad happens here, it will affect me. If it happens in my village, I am not there; they won’t see me.
“I want people to go round Nigeria to know that everybody has got land. It is good for people to go round, at least, this country or beyond to realise that Nigerians are Nigerians; everybody comes from somewhere. But it is good for us to go round to see other places, to understand them, interact with them so that we can have a very peaceful Nigeria. This is what we are working for. So, when you see those people making the threats in the South-West, advise them to shut up.”
On the solution to the incessant crises between local farmers and Fulani herdsmen, Kwankwaso, called for their education. “I am Fulani. My parents settled many years ago. My father went to school and I have been to school. My children have gone to school. Now, I don’t think I will get cattle and go into a forest; that is education for you.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/kwankwaso-to-yoruba-elders-you-cant-sack-fulani-herdsmen/

http://thenationonlineng.net/people-making-secessionist-threat-should-shut-up-says-kwankwaso/ .....For those thinking Sun news made up the story
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Kwankwaso To Yoruba Elders "SHUT UP" You Cant Sack Them by nairalandmaster(f): 7:14am On Oct 26, 2015
wow, this is amazing
ok op, carry on
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Kwankwaso To Yoruba Elders "SHUT UP" You Cant Sack Them by meccuno: 7:18am On Oct 26, 2015
Just one page.....that's strange. I believe if the fulanis name is written as Chinedu, those with rabies would have extended it into 3000 pages ranting...........
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Kwankwaso To Yoruba Elders "SHUT UP" You Cant Sack Them by naijapips02: 7:21am On Oct 26, 2015
he is shunning yoruba leaders in Ibadan, their backyard.

This guy can never try this in Igboland.

Lalasticlala this news deserves fp.

it's high time these fulani bestiaries are taught some lessons.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Kwankwaso To Yoruba Elders "SHUT UP" You Cant Sack Them by Khd95(m): 7:27am On Oct 26, 2015
But ur ab'oki/fulani bois are not chilling at all... Making trouble wher evr they go.. Trust me yoruba bois will not tolerate their nemesis....
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Kwankwaso To Yoruba Elders "SHUT UP" You Cant Sack Them by tonychristopher: 7:30am On Oct 26, 2015
iiiyyyk:
Former governor of Kano State, Rabiu Kwankwaso, has told Yoruba leaders, threatening to sack Fulani herdsmen from the South-West geo-political zone to ‘shut up’, saying such utterances could thwart efforts to achieve a peaceful Nigeria.
He disclosed this in a chat with newsmen in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, at the official opening of a N40 million prefabricated structure, comprising two-bedroom and three-bedroom flats donated by Vitafoam Nigeria Plc to the Government College, Ibadan, to mark the jubilee celebration of 1965 to 1971 set.
Prominent Yoruba leaders had two weeks ago risen from an emergency summit in Ibadan, and handed a red card to Fulani herdsmen in the South-West.
In the communiqué issued at the end of the summit, they sought for an end to Fulani herdsmen grazing in Yorubaland and directed all nomadic herdsmen to wind up their activities. The summit was held against the backdrop of the recent kidnapping of Chief Olu Falae, former Secretary to the Government of the Federation by Fulani herdsmen.
But Kwankwaso, a Fulani from Kano State, said crises between farmers and Fulani herdsmen are not peculiar to the South-West, adding that that the same issues recur in northern Nigeria, Niger Republic, Chad and Cameroun are not an exception.
Kwankwaso said sacking Fulani herdsmen from the South-West is not the solution, but all and sundry must understand the situation.
His words: “It is not only peculiar to the South-West. We just have to have a lot of understanding of the situation. Some of the issues being raised by the people, especially politicians, do not help anybody. If you sack the Fulani from here or you fight them, maybe it is because you are here. If you are a Yoruba man based in Kano, I don’t think you can contemplate sacking the Fulani. I am from Kano, but right now, I am in Ibadan. Where you are is your home. Today, Ibadan is my home. God forbid, if something bad happens here, it will affect me. If it happens in my village, I am not there; they won’t see me.
“I want people to go round Nigeria to know that everybody has got land. It is good for people to go round, at least, this country or beyond to realise that Nigerians are Nigerians; everybody comes from somewhere. But it is good for us to go round to see other places, to understand them, interact with them so that we can have a very peaceful Nigeria. This is what we are working for. So, when you see those people making the threats in the South-West, advise them to shut up.”
On the solution to the incessant crises between local farmers and Fulani herdsmen, Kwankwaso, called for their education. “I am Fulani. My parents settled many years ago. My father went to school and I have been to school. My children have gone to school. Now, I don’t think I will get cattle and go into a forest; that is education for you.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/kwankwaso-to-yoruba-elders-you-cant-sack-fulani-herdsmen/

Lol....I no fit laugh

They will call Igbo now ...mark my word
Who will bet?

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Kwankwaso To Yoruba Elders "SHUT UP" You Cant Sack Them by MayorofLagos(m): 7:32am On Oct 26, 2015
But Kwankwaso, a Fulani from Kano State

There are still a lot of dull journalists in Nigeria, they bring disrepute to their employers when they commit errors. Lately, Sun Newspapers, owned by Orji Kalu, has been spicing up controversial news and also commiting plenty errors.

Rabiu Kwankwaso has a facial mark and it is not a Fulani facial mark....it is one of Hausas traditional marks.

What Rabiu says is inconsequential, assuming this was not a served spice from Sun News, in as much those addressed in the message, Fulani herdsmen, do not violate the order issued to them. Yoruba will not respond to Rabiu but herdsmen will suffer if they fail to abide to the restriction imposed on them.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Kwankwaso To Yoruba Elders "SHUT UP" You Cant Sack Them by iiiyyyk(m): 7:33am On Oct 26, 2015
Northerners and FG has refuse to do any thing about the menace of Fulani herdsmen. now that a Fulani is president, they have resorted to insulting elders rather than proffer solution.

every one seems helpless in this contraption called Nigeria. but unfortunately, some keep pretending as if they are enjoying Nigeria.
To me that is a clear case of mental slavery and cowardice. what will the future generation thing of us, while reading through the mess of this era?...... we passively suffered through the years of Golden potentials with nothing to show?

how long?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Kwankwaso To Yoruba Elders "SHUT UP" You Cant Sack Them by Martinezola(m): 7:34am On Oct 26, 2015
Ok ok
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Kwankwaso To Yoruba Elders "SHUT UP" You Cant Sack Them by bugzbunny: 7:35am On Oct 26, 2015
MayorofLagos:

There are still a lot of dull journalists in Nigeria, they bring disrepute to their employers when they commit errors. Lately, Sun Newspapers, owned by Orji Kalu, has been spicing up controversial news and also commiting plenty errors.

Rabiu Kwankwaso has a facial mark and it is not a Fulani facial mark....it is one of Hausas traditional marks.

What Rabiu says is inconsequential, assuming this was not a served spice from Sun News, in as much those addressed in the message, Fulani herdsmen, do not violate the order issued to them. Yoruba will not respond to Rabiu but herdsmen will suffer if they fail to abide to the restriction imposed on them.
Ode... Coward
They said u will call igbos... And u r doing just dat
Go and check thisday newspaper.... You will see d same headline.. You are just running frm pillar to post to prove kwakwanso is not fulani... WTF.... Instead of addressing the issue.. Grow some balls mehn.. Terrible

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Kwankwaso To Yoruba Elders "SHUT UP" You Cant Sack Them by MayorofLagos(m): 7:36am On Oct 26, 2015
iiiyyyk:

Northerners and FG has refuse to do any thing about the menace of Fulani herdsmen. now that a Fulani is president, they have resorted to insulting elders rather than proffer solution.

every one seems helpless in this contraption called Nigeria. but unfortunately, some keep pretending as if they are enjoying Nigeria.
To me that is a clear case of mental slavery and cowardice. what will the future generation thing of us, while reading through the mess of this era?...... we passively suffered through the years of Golden potentials with nothing to show?

how long?

Dont get hbp over a shoddy media report.

If a media house fails to properly identify the person of a prominent politician like Kwankwaso and misidentified him as Fulani....how can we trust their reporting is truthful and accurate?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Kwankwaso To Yoruba Elders "SHUT UP" You Cant Sack Them by emekatimsu(m): 7:37am On Oct 26, 2015
let me book space and ....
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Kwankwaso To Yoruba Elders "SHUT UP" You Cant Sack Them by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 26, 2015
Yorubas are cowards and can never chalenge the hausa fulanis.
Its only Igbos that have effrontry to challenge them.
Does cowards fight?

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Kwankwaso To Yoruba Elders "SHUT UP" You Cant Sack Them by MayorofLagos(m): 7:41am On Oct 26, 2015
bugzbunny:

Ode... Coward
They said u will call igbos... And u r doing just dat

Lol...5th class citizen, Ijaw boi boi, Igala target practice, Yoruba Lagooner, Hausa sacrificial ram...

Your hypersensitivity is worrisome, your paranoia has kicked in. grin grin
Point to where you see Ibo in my earlier comment.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Kwankwaso To Yoruba Elders "SHUT UP" You Cant Sack Them by Opinedecandid(m): 7:42am On Oct 26, 2015
Master vs Servant-in-chief.

Bandy words..

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Kwankwaso To Yoruba Elders "SHUT UP" You Cant Sack Them by belzabull(f): 7:44am On Oct 26, 2015
Just watch as yolowbas will leave kwankwaso and the topic and begin to insult igbos
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Kwankwaso To Yoruba Elders "SHUT UP" You Cant Sack Them by slap1(m): 7:45am On Oct 26, 2015
Fulani: Shut up, or...
Yoruba: OK...thank you sir.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Kwankwaso To Yoruba Elders "SHUT UP" You Cant Sack Them by ogb5(m): 7:47am On Oct 26, 2015
Fulani man goes to Ibadan, the capital of the western region and tells the Yoruba man to shut up.

Hmm
What can one say, this looks very much like a master telling his slave to shut up.

This coming after the kidnap of a senior Yoruba politician by the Fulani speaks volume.

Anyway it's none of my business.
They belong to the same 97% so they can continue to take instructions from the nomadic fulani in their own home.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Kwankwaso To Yoruba Elders "SHUT UP" You Cant Sack Them by belzabull(f): 7:47am On Oct 26, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Lol...5th class citizen, Ijaw boi boi, Igala target practice, Yoruba Lagooner, Hausa sacrificial ram...

I no tell you...grin

please someone help me with that gif...lmao
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Kwankwaso To Yoruba Elders "SHUT UP" You Cant Sack Them by bugzbunny: 7:48am On Oct 26, 2015
MayorofLagos:

You my friend is a Fool.....
You can't even comprehend ur ascertion
Why must u point to the news source by d Op.. Just to put doubt on its credibility.. A headline dat is on all major newspaper around
Ode grin

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Kwankwaso To Yoruba Elders "SHUT UP" You Cant Sack Them by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 26, 2015
Yoruba's are slaves grin

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Kwankwaso To Yoruba Elders "SHUT UP" You Cant Sack Them by Emekamex(m): 7:52am On Oct 26, 2015
Lol, waiting for yoruboids to respond.

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Kwankwaso To Yoruba Elders "SHUT UP" You Cant Sack Them by kazmanbanjoko(m): 7:53am On Oct 26, 2015
Op, well done for the write-up. Yu just keep implicating pdp every now and then.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Kwankwaso To Yoruba Elders "SHUT UP" You Cant Sack Them by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 26, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
Op, well done for the write-up. Yu just keep implicating pdp every now and then.
wetin concern PDP for matter. Must you die a Hausa slave?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Kwankwaso To Yoruba Elders "SHUT UP" You Cant Sack Them by iiiyyyk(m): 7:55am On Oct 26, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Dont get hbp over a shoddy media report.

If a media house fails to properly identify the person of a prominent politician like Kwankwaso and misidentified him as Fulani....how can we trust their reporting is truthful and accurate?

http://thenationonlineng.net/people-making-secessionist-threat-should-shut-up-says-kwankwaso/

did u see the SHUT UP as also reported by.. the Nations?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Kwankwaso To Yoruba Elders "SHUT UP" You Cant Sack Them by kazmanbanjoko(m): 8:00am On Oct 26, 2015
menabadoo:
wetin concern PDP for matter. Must you die a Hausa slave?
you igbos dont know how to play politics. Thatz why yu are you guys can neva be nigeria's president. Bcoz yu guyz are alwayz abusive. SMH for una.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Kwankwaso To Yoruba Elders "SHUT UP" You Cant Sack Them by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 26, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
you igbos dont know how to play politics. Thatz why yu are you guys can neva be nigeria's president. Bcoz yu guyz are alwayz abusive. SMH for una.
and yorubas are always polite. Please shove your advice into your anus and free yourself from the hausa/Fulani hegemony.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Kwankwaso To Yoruba Elders "SHUT UP" You Cant Sack Them by chimafoster(m): 12:01pm On Oct 26, 2015
that could amount to complete national disaster pointing to the recent comment by the oba of one of the state in the west on the proposed banned of Eze igbo title in that state.
[url]
https://www.nairaland.com/2691582/make-free-money-predict-free[/url]
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Kwankwaso To Yoruba Elders "SHUT UP" You Cant Sack Them by truefact: 12:25pm On Oct 26, 2015
MayorofLagos:

First class citizen, they just told you to "shut up". What you gonna do as first class citizens? Dunce
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Kwankwaso To Yoruba Elders "SHUT UP" You Cant Sack Them by Okanokan(m): 12:58pm On Oct 26, 2015
I didn't know that Kwankwaso could veer off being the principle man that i know to an uncouth vile person, who as result of the happenings between yoruba farmers and fulani herdsmens would tell elders of a major ethnic nationalities to SHUT-UP and here is a fellow, Nigerians almost made Presidential Candidate of Apc. The stand-offish disposition of this fulani hegemonist called Kwankwaso, is what has turn Nigeria upside down, i know of a truth that there fantastic fulani leaders, elders and youths who would not indulge in this despicable behaviour by a man yoruba almost made President coming second to President Buhari. Kwankwaso should be made to take a lesson on HUMILITY from General Aliyu Mohammed Gusau, a fulani man of no mean stature, but humbles himself before all.
Finally more worrisome is the fact that the Nation Newspaper a tabloid that is the mouthpiece of CHANGE would publish such uttered rubbish, am confuse as to what the Nation Newspaper want to achieve in Nigeria with its 5th columnist write-up and news. They are turning Nigerians against themselves.

(1) (Reply)

APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode / Biafra: Is It Time To Defund The Un?-------terry Paulson / PMB Vs Atiku Performance In The North-East (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.