Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Forex Curbs: CBN Moves To Ease Importers' Plight - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Curbs: CBN Moves To Ease Importers' Plight (10297 Views)

Money Laundering Act: Cbn Moves Against Non-compliant Banks, Others / Nigeria’s Forcados Oil Comes Back In Fresh Blow To OPEC Curbs / CBN Moves To Strengthen Naira, Injects More Dollars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Curbs: CBN Moves To Ease Importers' Plight by oseo1(m): 3:39pm On Oct 26, 2015
For those in support of the policy please note that it is crippling many businesses. Before you ban something the local economy should ha capacity to produce something of a similar standard. When we are barely making cars you go and stop approving for example for aeroplanes I know at least 15 people employed by a private jet leasing company, how are they supposed to grow that business?

I personally am affected by this silly policy, I import things for people. Since th stupid policy was instituted along side the stopping of forex deposits an $300 daily limit on name cards I have not been able to meet the needs of my customers. I met a guy who imports toiletries and he has be crying that they have ruined his business as well.
Re: Forex Curbs: CBN Moves To Ease Importers' Plight by Image123(m): 10:46pm On Oct 26, 2015
repogirl:
Trial and error government with no clear cut strategies! Tufia!! angry

And the gullible will keep swallowing bullshit!

How's this trial and error again?
Re: Forex Curbs: CBN Moves To Ease Importers' Plight by Image123(m): 10:50pm On Oct 26, 2015
oseo1:
For those in support of the policy please note that it is crippling many businesses. Before you ban something the local economy should ha capacity to produce something of a similar standard. When we are barely making cars you go and stop approving for example for aeroplanes I know at least 15 people employed by a private jet leasing company, how are they supposed to grow that business?

I personally am affected by this silly policy, I import things for people. Since th stupid policy was instituted along side the stopping of forex deposits an $300 daily limit on name cards I have not been able to meet the needs of my customers. I met a guy who imports toiletries and he has be crying that they have ruined his business as well.

Where's the ban? There's no ban except you don't know the meaning of ban. The CBN will simply not provide FX to import these products. Find your money somewhere else or do another business.
Re: Forex Curbs: CBN Moves To Ease Importers' Plight by mauriceju2(m): 11:52pm On Oct 26, 2015
SATAN THE BLOOD OF JESUS IS AGAINST YOU
Chinaimporter:
[size=14pt]i think say them no go fear now....God punish jesu.....satan be forever praised

[/size]
Re: Forex Curbs: CBN Moves To Ease Importers' Plight by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 26, 2015
oseo1:

You are right about how it affects the importers. However, look at it from this angle. If govt bans import of an item, few importers go out of business, but thousands of people get jobs through the companies now encouraged to produce locally. The policy will encourage some of these super rich importers to consider establishing local production in partnership with people they normally import from overseas, thereby providing jobs for nigerians. For example, I hear Stallion motors who usually import Nissan cars went in partnership with Nissan to build an assembly plant in Nigeria. Thats we all want right? For progress to be made, a few people might lose. The end justifies the means
Re: Forex Curbs: CBN Moves To Ease Importers' Plight by repogirl(f): 3:27am On Oct 27, 2015
Image123:

How's this trial and error again?
ehen nao, they imposed a policy, saw that it wasn't helping and now they have lifted it.

Isn't it trial and error?

BTW you haven't replied the last mention that I mentioned you o! I still dey wait.
Re: Forex Curbs: CBN Moves To Ease Importers' Plight by 400billionman: 8:44am On Oct 27, 2015
LastSurvivor:
You are not producing anything yet your banning everything.
Am not saying the ban is bad but very very I'll timed.

Imagine removing ban on the importation of rice that we are almost self sufficient in but banning glasses and kitchen utensils..
Something is wrong with somebody's brain

Exactly, someone is being remote controlled..

Amount spent on rice importation alone should equal all the other items added together. One wonders if these policies are actually meant for our common good or targeted at somone or a group of people.

1 Like

Re: Forex Curbs: CBN Moves To Ease Importers' Plight by Okbaba: 9:11am On Oct 27, 2015
coldsummer:
better. it is almost like these guys don't even think before they throw out policies.

the rate at which they are going, if they are not careful, they will cripple the economy and frustrate PMB.

Who is they and who is PMB. Are trying to exonerate PMB from an action he personally initiated?
Re: Forex Curbs: CBN Moves To Ease Importers' Plight by Image123(m): 11:05am On Oct 27, 2015
repogirl:
ehen nao, they imposed a policy, saw that it wasn't helping and now they have lifted it.

Isn't it trial and error?

BTW you haven't replied the last mention that I mentioned you o! I still dey wait.

I've replied since Sunday or so, check again. Read well, the policy wasn't lifted,it still stands. They only permitted business/transactions that had been done/ordered/arranged before the policy date.
Re: Forex Curbs: CBN Moves To Ease Importers' Plight by oseo1(m): 4:53pm On Nov 01, 2015
Image123:

Where's the ban? There's no ban except you don't know the meaning of ban. The CBN will simply not provide FX to import these products. Find your money somewhere else or do another business.

You are talking semantics, when the cost of living goes up who do u think is going to suffer.
Re: Forex Curbs: CBN Moves To Ease Importers' Plight by Image123(m): 12:50am On Nov 02, 2015
oseo1:

You are talking semantics, when the cost of living goes up who do u think is going to suffer.

Cost of living doesn't go up because government cannot continue to provide FXmoney for people who insist on selling imported private airplanes/jet, Indian Incense, tinned fish in sauce, cold-rolled steel sheet and galvanised steel sheets, toothpicks and glass. Cost of living goes up for other reasons like people creating panic buyings and artificial scarcities, poor management of the economy as shown us by NOI and the gang, devaluation of the currency etc.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Secure My USSD Banking? / Wema Bank Appoints Babatunde Kasali Chairman As Adeyinka Asekun Resigns / CBN Raises Benchmark MPR By 200 Basis Points To 24.75%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.