Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,398 members, 7,846,676 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Difference Between Ibo & Igbo (must Read) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Difference Between Ibo & Igbo (must Read) (1012 Views)

What Is The Difference Between The Exclusive And Concurrent List / Ibo/igbo/delta Igbo Why Stigmatize Northerners / Difference Between Define, Describe, Explain, Examine And Discuss. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Difference Between Ibo & Igbo (must Read) by donlackey(m): 3:58pm On Oct 26, 2015
please o!. i be don dey wonder wetin dis ibo mean self but i no cum no

let me comot 4rm pigin

this afternoon, as i was waiting for a taxi.

I heared someone calling 'OMO IBO', not knowing that the call was actualy for me.

so i turn to see who is that

there comes a lady standin behind me.

so i ask if am the one she is calling.

and she said yes that i should come and help her to carry her load to her head

and i told her not to cal me 'OMO IBO' that i prefer 'OMO IGBO'
but THIS GIRL started her usual language with hash tune, which i don't understand even one

soo i decided to leave her without my help

soo i want to ask if there is a particular meaning which this IBO has, that IGBO did not have.

i mean what is the difference between IBO & IGBO
Re: Difference Between Ibo & Igbo (must Read) by seunt4ut(m): 4:20pm On Oct 26, 2015
donlackey:
please o!. i be don dey wonder wetin dis ibo mean self but i no cum no

let me comot 4rm pigin

this afternoon, as i was waiting for a taxi.

I heared someone calling 'OMO IBO', not knowing that the call was actualy for me.

so i turn to see who is that

there comes a lady standin behind me.

so i ask if am the one she is calling.

and she said yes that i should come and help her to carry her load to her head

and i told her not to cal me 'OMO IBO' that i prefer 'OMO IGBO'
but THIS GIRL started her usual language with hash tune, which i don't understand even one

soo i decided to leave her without my help

soo i want to ask if there is a particular meaning which this IBO has, that IGBO did not have.

i mean what is the difference between IBO & IGBO

I don't like commenting on topic carry Igbo or Yoruba but let me help you. It started by Colonial Master. Ibo was easy for them to pronounced than Igbo. So let me just put it that simple. Don't feel embarrassed because here in Benin Republic ; Yoruba or Hausa ,Igbo will be call Igbo as long as you don't speak their Funmgbe language;Even Yoruba Beninioise will call a Nigeria Yoruba Igbo. .

(1) (Reply)

Throwback Pic Of Former First Lady, Maryam Abacha & Her Daughters / Who deserves ur sit n why? / Facebook, The France Flag And Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.