Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,622 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Facebook, The France Flag And Nigerians - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Facebook, The France Flag And Nigerians (997 Views)

Facebook;the 14 Years Of Adding Value To Lives. / The France Defender Impressed Fifa Coins Ps4 / Femi Kayode's Question To Lai Mohammed And Nigerians Reactions (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook, The France Flag And Nigerians by Davefirst(m): 10:51pm On Nov 15, 2015
Barely 24hrs after the ill-fated incidence in the city of Paris by the vicious terrorist group, ISIS, that throw the Francophone lords into moment of mourning, Facebook – the number one social media platform – launched a campaign on the incident that claimed over 120 souls. It allows users of the social platform to mourn with the French citizens by changing their Profile with reflection of France National flag.

Many Nigerians expressed disapproval of Mark Zuckerberg media, claiming that over 18,000 casualties have been recorded in Nigeria over the last 6 years of insurgency which Facebook have been indifferent about but predispose to promote a campaign for France over 120 lives claimed. Articles and comments were broadcast to condemn those who supported the campaign and Facebook. Some of my friends even frowned at me for joining the ‘racist’ social media campaign citing that the platform had never raised a campaign against any Nigeria attacks in the past, why am I so gullible to support that of France.

Do I need to inform Nigerians that souls were lost in the attack? Do I have to remind my social critics that an injustice to one is an injustice to all? Do I need to tell my fellow Nigerians that condemning my act is also racism to me and the whites? Maybe I need to inform my country people that we are the problem of our problems. Do Nigerians need to be informed that while we don’t placed value on our own life, we shouldn’t expect others outside the shore to place value on us. Remember the former president, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan’s action on the 15th of April, 2014, a day after Nyanya bomb explosion in Abuja. Needless to talk on the days it took our dearest former president to react to the adoption of over 200 Chiboks girls in Borno despite countless clarion calls from well meaning Nigerians. Do we remember that it took the SAME international community and social media to call our then President into action?

When we refuse to value our lives but expect the international community to value us. France President, Francois Hollande, in his reaction immediately summoned security chiefs to an emergency meeting to quickly act on the lethal incident, address it citizens through a press conference and assured them of war against terrorist groups. The Whites place values on ONE life of their citizen. Not in Nigeria that the President was captured dancing a day after we lost hundreds of souls in Nyanya bomb explosion; arrested the indigenous agitators of the #BringBackOurGirls campaign before the international community waded in.

The black police will murder a citizen and all we would do is to sweep it under the carpet; our hospitals value cash deposit more than saving human lives in critical conditions; our citizens prefer to gossip around a dying soul instead of saving the soul and Our leader can go all length in sacrificing human life to retain their egocentric post. Why would the international community do what we failed to do to ourselves for us?

The Facebook failure to recognize the Nigerians ordeals was because we have letdown our people in present of the international community. The time is now when every life Nigerian must be treated with care if we want the international community to respect us. We need to stand for ourselves before they stand for us. Without this, Facebook and the international community will continue to look down on us.
Re: Facebook, The France Flag And Nigerians by Rixy007(m): 10:57pm On Nov 15, 2015
Am guessing I'll av to rethink d whole thing cus I also blasted people changing their dp
Re: Facebook, The France Flag And Nigerians by Davefirst(m): 11:07pm On Nov 15, 2015
Rixy007:
Am guessing I'll av to rethink d whole thing cus I also blasted people changing their dp
yes, we have to realize that human being were massacred and not bird.. let us, unanimously, fight against terrorism in the world
Re: Facebook, The France Flag And Nigerians by dajoaneke(m): 11:48pm On Nov 15, 2015
Why should the world see Nigerian value when every slowpoke with a moble device and 2mb can come online and insult their leaders= Clueless, Go-slow, beauty n beast,. Or give credance where needed.
Untill the the east, west and south stop seeing the north as maloos. Until a muslim stop the hate for christians and considers him a brother not an infidel. Ask yourself, how many tims have you gone on your knees and comit your country in God's hand? Hypocrite Nigerians. Only religious for your own good. We blame another man's religion as the cause of problems but do not practice our sincerly.
Until our leaders take responsibility for its citizens, Mark Sugarback (forgive me, I still dont know how to call that name) will see you and I as those crowd on facebook.
I leave you with these questions-
1. Have you prayed for Nigeria today?
2. Do you know how to love your neighbour as you love yourself?
3. lastly, how many lives do u affect a day? How many God bless you do you receive in a week?

1 Like

Re: Facebook, The France Flag And Nigerians by Davefirst(m): 6:52am On Nov 16, 2015
dajoaneke:
Why should the world see Nigerian value when every slowpoke with a moble device and 2mb can come online and insult their leaders= Clueless, Go-slow, beauty n beast,. Or give credance where needed.
Untill the the east, west and south stop seeing the north as maloos. Until a muslim stop the hate for christians and considers him a brother not an infidel. Ask yourself, how many tims have you gone on your knees and comit your country in God's hand? Hypocrite Nigerians. Only religious for your own good. We blame another man's religion as the cause of problems but do not practice our sincerly.
Until our leaders take responsibility for its citizens, Mark Sugarback (forgive me, I still dont know how to call that name) will see you and I as those crowd on facebook.
I leave you with these questions-
1. Have you prayed for Nigeria today?
2. Do you know how to love your neighbour as you love yourself?
3. lastly, how many lives do u affect a day? How many God bless you do you receive in a week?

Thanks... I so much concur with your view and perspective. You really speak my mind.
Re: Facebook, The France Flag And Nigerians by GoodBoi1(m): 2:13pm On Nov 16, 2015
Prv 14:20 The poor is hated even of his own neighbour: but the rich hath many friends.
Re: Facebook, The France Flag And Nigerians by DrTI(m): 2:31pm On Nov 16, 2015
I don't see y Nigerians be hating on d fb campaign..Lives were lost, if one could bring back d dead, we would, we can't ease the pain of there loved ones, the little we can do we should and stop complaining.No matter the nation we may come from, we are all humans and therefore brothers.Let's learn to #PreachPeace and #Showlove
Re: Facebook, The France Flag And Nigerians by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 16, 2015
Gud
Re: Facebook, The France Flag And Nigerians by NaijaCuzin: 8:47pm On Nov 16, 2015
Davefirst:
Barely 24hrs after the ill-fated incidence in the city of Paris by the vicious terrorist group, ISIS, that throw the Francophone lords into moment of mourning, Facebook – the number one social media platform – launched a campaign on the incident that claimed over 120 souls. It allows users of the social platform to mourn with the French citizens by changing their Profile with reflection of France National flag.

Many Nigerians expressed disapproval of Mark Zuckerberg media, claiming that over 18,000 casualties have been recorded in Nigeria over the last 6 years of insurgency which Facebook have been indifferent about but predispose to promote a campaign for France over 120 lives claimed. Articles and comments were broadcast to condemn those who supported the campaign and Facebook. Some of my friends even frowned at me for joining the ‘racist’ social media campaign citing that the platform had never raised a campaign against any Nigeria attacks in the past, why am I so gullible to support that of France.

Do I need to inform Nigerians that souls were lost in the attack? Do I have to remind my social critics that an injustice to one is an injustice to all? Do I need to tell my fellow Nigerians that condemning my act is also racism to me and the whites? Maybe I need to inform my country people that we are the problem of our problems. Do Nigerians need to be informed that while we don’t placed value on our own life, we shouldn’t expect others outside the shore to place value on us. Remember the former president, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan’s action on the 15th of April, 2014, a day after Nyanya bomb explosion in Abuja. Needless to talk on the days it took our dearest former president to react to the adoption of over 200 Chiboks girls in Borno despite countless clarion calls from well meaning Nigerians. Do we remember that it took the SAME international community and social media to call our then President into action?

When we refuse to value our lives but expect the international community to value us. France President, Francois Hollande, in his reaction immediately summoned security chiefs to an emergency meeting to quickly act on the lethal incident, address it citizens through a press conference and assured them of war against terrorist groups. The Whites place values on ONE life of their citizen. Not in Nigeria that the President was captured dancing a day after we lost hundreds of souls in Nyanya bomb explosion; arrested the indigenous agitators of the #BringBackOurGirls campaign before the international community waded in.

The black police will murder a citizen and all we would do is to sweep it under the carpet; our hospitals value cash deposit more than saving human lives in critical conditions; our citizens prefer to gossip around a dying soul instead of saving the soul and Our leader can go all length in sacrificing human life to retain their egocentric post. Why would the international community do what we failed to do to ourselves for us?

The Facebook failure to recognize the Nigerians ordeals was because we have letdown our people in present of the international community. The time is now when every life Nigerian must be treated with care if we want the international community to respect us. We need to stand for ourselves before they stand for us. Without this, Facebook and the international community will continue to look down on us.
angry True. I agree with you about the rest except for Facebook... Some that has a brain would see that Facebook wasn't being fair on the campaign issue. .Their has been so many casualties and terror around Africa facebook never did anything.
.. U can't tell me that only the whitees value their life.

(1) (Reply)

My Experience At A Job Interview / 5 most funniest "when" situation / Application For The Venture In Management Program (vimp) 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.