Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,107 members, 7,825,499 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

The USS Nimitz-the Biggest And Most Sophisticated Aircraft Carrier In The World. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The USS Nimitz-the Biggest And Most Sophisticated Aircraft Carrier In The World. (13003 Views)

Osibanjo Biggest And Only Mistake / Is She The Most Sophisticated Female Military Personnel In Nigeria? / Dasuki Releases Images Of Sophisticated Weapons Acquired Under Jonathan [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The USS Nimitz-the Biggest And Most Sophisticated Aircraft Carrier In The World. by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 27, 2015
ValerianSteel:
Oh please stop making a mockery of 21st Century US naval strength. undecided

oh please stop making mockery of the 19th century German naval strength which surpassed the whole world naval strength including the United States.

The allied nations attacked the Bismarck with 30 destroyers before they were able to take it down.....

That's POWER...Not all this rubbish they build today.
Re: The USS Nimitz-the Biggest And Most Sophisticated Aircraft Carrier In The World. by mazeltov(m): 1:01pm On Oct 27, 2015
chuna1985:

Are u mad Or is it Mental problem that u have

Here is ma exact statement -

"" The Bismarck was by far the most powerful Destroyer
to have roamed the ocean @ that time""

Pls help ur self well, I can comfortably compare Bismarck with current war machines because as at 1940, The kind of missiles that exists were less powerful than the ones we have now, So are the missiles n guns we had in 1940.

A single 4th generation Russia cruise missile will end the career of this Nitmitz whatever.....
[b]you should have told me that you are a comedian. Firstly the existence of a Destroyer ships depends on its armment and the sophistication of the enemies. Of course there are many powerful missiles that can sink ship but when we are comparing weapons, we should compare weapons of the same class. I was expecting you to tell me one Russian ship that is as powerful as Uss Nimitz only for you to bring forth missile related issues. - that's so dumb of you. I wouldn't have bothered myself to reply but for the sake of enlightenment, I would forgive your ignorance. The last battle of the German battleship
Bismarck took place in the Atlantic Ocean, approximately 300 nmi (350 mi; 560 km) west of Brest, France, on 26–27 May 1941.
Although it was a decisive action between capital ships, it has no generally accepted name.
The battle was a sequel to the Battle of the Denmark Strait, fought on 24 May 1941, in
which Bismarck and the heavy cruiser Prinz Eugen sank the British battlecruiser HMS Hood and damaged the battleship Prince of
Wales, which withdrew due to the
malfunctioning of her main armament. Following that battle Bismarck was pursued
for more than two days by ships and aircraft of the Royal Navy and Royal Air Force.
Eventually, on the evening of 26 May, her steering gear was crippled by a torpedo bomber attack, and on the following morning she was brought to battle, crippled and scuttled by her crew..... In fact On 24-May before the final action Bismarck
 '​s fuel tanks were damaged in the Battle of the Denmark Strait and her intention was to reach the port of Brest for repair. Late in
the day Bismarck briefly turned on her pursuers (Prince of Wales and the heavy cruisers Norfolk and Suffolk) to cover the escape of her companion, the heavy cruiser Prinz Eugen to continue further into the Atlantic. Early on 25-May the British forces lost contact with the Bismarck, which headed ESE towards France while the British
searched NE presuming she was returning to Norway. She was rediscovered late morning on the 26th by a Catalina flying boat from No. 209 Squadron RAF and
subsequently shadowed by aircraft from Force H steaming north from Gibraltar.
The final action consisted of four main phases. The first phase late on the 26th consisted of air strikes by torpedo bombers from the British aircraft carrier Ark Royal,
which disabled Bismarck '​s steering gear jamming her rudders in a turning position,
preventing her escape. The second phase was the shadowing and harassment of Bismarck during the night of 26/27-May by
British destroyers, with no serious damage to any ship. The third phase on the morning
of 27-May was an attack by the British battleships King George V and Rodney supported by cruisers. After about 100 minutes of fighting Bismarck was sunk by
the combined effects of shellfire, torpedo hits and deliberate scuttling.[4] On the
British side, Rodney was lightly damaged by near-misses and by the blast effects of her
own guns.[5] British warships rescued 111
survivors from Bismarck[6] before being obliged to withdraw because of an apparent U-boat sighting, leaving several
hundred men to their fate. In the final phase the withdrawing British ships were attacked on the 27th by aircraft of the Luftwaffe,
resulting in the loss of the destroyer HMS Mashona, and German ships and U-boats
arrived later at the scene of the sinking and saved five more survivors. This is to tell you how power and durable the ship was. You can imagine if a ship like Bismarck which was built in the year 1940 strong like that, how much more is the strongness and sophistication of advanced Destroyer like Russian Kuznetsov and Nimitz. I don't want to believe that you think anti- clockwise because only those kind of people will be comparing Bismarck with Nimitz. Find time and make a research. Things have changed.[/b]

1 Like

Re: The USS Nimitz-the Biggest And Most Sophisticated Aircraft Carrier In The World. by Rotimi47: 1:03pm On Oct 27, 2015
Lordave:
I am always for USA, whether we sponsor terrorism or not.
Haters can go and suck Putin's dïck.
Go lick Obama anus because Putin rocks.

Brahmos anti ship missiles will do a good job on the aircraft carrier. Laughing in Swahili. grin

3 Likes

Re: The USS Nimitz-the Biggest And Most Sophisticated Aircraft Carrier In The World. by Rotimi47: 1:04pm On Oct 27, 2015
dinachi:
A single russian missile will turn that ship to a burning hulk within minutes.
Yeah, BRAHMOS anti ship missile.

1 Like

Re: The USS Nimitz-the Biggest And Most Sophisticated Aircraft Carrier In The World. by ValerianSteel(m): 1:14pm On Oct 27, 2015
fineguy11:
FRANCE made a fool of themselves...for your info,,the two mistra chopper carriers have been purchased by EGYPT(a russian ally),,,and guess what?russia has offered its radar and electronic services to equip the carriers for egypt ...FRANCE had to pay compensation for the ship,paying 1.31billion dollars (real cost plus compensation)..Russia has said it would build it own mistral ship to its taste...in all france remains the biggest looser..http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/1/64/161322/Egypt/Politics-/Egypt-to-buy-Russian-helicopters-hardware-for-new.aspx
Are you daft or what,how is France the looser here.She has refused to sell them to Russia who is apperently in dire need of it.

France doesn't feel an iota of loss,instead Russia should see how effective France stood its grounds on imposing tough sanctions on Russia.

Russia doesn't have an effective naval technology capable of building a carrier at the moment,it's only hope has been dashed by France.Of course it would build something to call a carrier,it would not be anywhere near Chinese Liaoning to start with except it partners a country like Israel or the UK,but pride won't allow it seek such.

In your dreams would Egypt replace US with Russia.US still remains their biggest ally but they are free to partner any country they want to in their best interest.

The U.S. Resumed military aid to Egypt after cutting it during the Arab Spring.You think Egypt would now decide to topple US position over Russia that has less go offer her.That's too unlikely.
Re: The USS Nimitz-the Biggest And Most Sophisticated Aircraft Carrier In The World. by mazeltov(m): 1:17pm On Oct 27, 2015
fineguy11:
RUSSIA WAS ABLE TO TURN THE "USS DONALD COOK"to "USS DONALD DUCK"(blinding all electronics in the destroyer).@the BLACK SEA''in april 2014.that destroyer was loaded with tomahawk missiles...an unarmed SU fighter jet,,flew round the destroyer 11 times ,simulating a missile strike each time...the ship had to quickly return to the romanian port which it took off..the future of naval warfare is one that wld be fough electronically...big ships are nothing but" FLOATING CASKETS"...what sort of defence do they have against an "ISKANDER"? Or a BRAHMOS supersonic cruise missile?
who is feeding you with these irrelevances? USS donald ship has already sighted Su-24 far away and the crews issued warning to the pilot and the pilot didn't respond. Yes they are not in war so why would they fired at the incoming su-24 and why would Su-24 fired at the DONALD COOK? it was reported that all the crews on board are 27 and they tendered their resination letters. Lolzzz , Russians need to go and learn more about propaganda, Uss Donald contains over 300 crews and all of them can't resign. Ok assuming that the ship was jammed, what of the guns canon on board, what of the fighter jets on board too?
Re: The USS Nimitz-the Biggest And Most Sophisticated Aircraft Carrier In The World. by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 27, 2015
mazeltov:
[b]you should have told me that you are a comedian. Firstly the existence of a Destroyer ships depends on its armment and the sophistication of the enemies. Of course there are many powerful missiles that can sink ship but when we are comparing weapons, we should compare weapons of the same class. I was expecting you to tell me one Russian ship that is as powerful as Uss Nimitz only for you to bring forth missile related issues. - that's so dumb of you. I wouldn't have bothered myself to reply but for the sake of enlightenment, I would forgive your ignorance. The last battle of the German battleship
Bismarck took place in the Atlantic Ocean, approximately 300 nmi (350 mi; 560 km) west of Brest, France, on 26–27 May 1941.
Although it was a decisive action between capital ships, it has no generally accepted name.
The battle was a sequel to the Battle of the Denmark Strait, fought on 24 May 1941, in
which Bismarck and the heavy cruiser Prinz Eugen sank the British battlecruiser HMS Hood and damaged the battleship Prince of
Wales, which withdrew due to the
malfunctioning of her main armament. Following that battle Bismarck was pursued
for more than two days by ships and aircraft of the Royal Navy and Royal Air Force.
Eventually, on the evening of 26 May, her steering gear was crippled by a torpedo bomber attack, and on the following morning she was brought to battle, crippled and scuttled by her crew..... In fact On 24-May before the final action Bismarck
 '​s fuel tanks were damaged in the Battle of the Denmark Strait and her intention was to reach the port of Brest for repair. Late in
the day Bismarck briefly turned on her pursuers (Prince of Wales and the heavy cruisers Norfolk and Suffolk) to cover the escape of her companion, the heavy cruiser Prinz Eugen to continue further into the Atlantic. Early on 25-May the British forces lost contact with the Bismarck, which headed ESE towards France while the British
searched NE presuming she was returning to Norway. She was rediscovered late morning on the 26th by a Catalina flying boat from No. 209 Squadron RAF and
subsequently shadowed by aircraft from Force H steaming north from Gibraltar.
The final action consisted of four main phases. The first phase late on the 26th consisted of air strikes by torpedo bombers from the British aircraft carrier Ark Royal,
which disabled Bismarck '​s steering gear jamming her rudders in a turning position,
preventing her escape. The second phase was the shadowing and harassment of Bismarck during the night of 26/27-May by
British destroyers, with no serious damage to any ship. The third phase on the morning
of 27-May was an attack by the British battleships King George V and Rodney supported by cruisers. After about 100 minutes of fighting Bismarck was sunk by
the combined effects of shellfire, torpedo hits and deliberate scuttling.[4] On the
British side, Rodney was lightly damaged by near-misses and by the blast effects of her
own guns.[5] British warships rescued 111
survivors from Bismarck[6] before being obliged to withdraw because of an apparent U-boat sighting, leaving several
hundred men to their fate. In the final phase the withdrawing British ships were attacked on the 27th by aircraft of the Luftwaffe,
resulting in the loss of the destroyer HMS Mashona, and German ships and U-boats
arrived later at the scene of the sinking and saved five more survivors. This is to tell you how power and durable the ship was. You can imagine if a ship like Bismarck which was built in the year 1940 strong like that, how much more is the strongness and sophistication of advanced Destroyer like Russian Kuznetsov and Nimitz. I don't want to believe that you think anti- clockwise because only those kind of people will be comparing Bismarck with Nimitz. Find time and make a research. Things have changed.[/b]

pls stop replying people with copy n paste.

My point remains, No matter what u put In a ship,It will will be sunk like other ships in the past..

2 Likes

Re: The USS Nimitz-the Biggest And Most Sophisticated Aircraft Carrier In The World. by mazeltov(m): 2:43pm On Oct 27, 2015
chuna1985:

pls stop replying people with copy n paste.

My point remains, No matter what u put In a ship,It will will be sunk like other ships in the past..
I'm just happy that I have successfully exposed your ignorance. Since the inception of our conversation, can you point out where I argued that no ship can't be sunk? You see, You have a very low conceptualisation as regards to weapons. It's not under must for you to comment on threads or topics whose contents are beyond your comprehension and reasonings by comparing 1940 ship with 2015 ships. Of course nobody will prosecute you if you had keep shut and read people's comment instead of making blind argument. You are the one comparing Missiles capabilities with ships capabilities which bewrays the heighest possible strata of ignorance in this 21st century. Cheers bro. Enjoy your day
Re: The USS Nimitz-the Biggest And Most Sophisticated Aircraft Carrier In The World. by fineguy11(m): 2:45pm On Oct 27, 2015
mazeltov:
who is feeding you with these irrelevances? USS donald ship has already sighted Su-24 far away and the crews issued warning to the pilot and the pilot didn't respond. Yes they are not in war so why would they fired at the incoming su-24 and why would Su-24 fired at the DONALD COOK? it was reported that all the crews on board are 27 and they tendered their resination letters. Lolzzz , Russians need to go and learn more about propaganda, Uss Donald contains over 300 crews and all of them can't resign. Ok assuming that the ship was jammed, what of the guns canon on board, what of the fighter jets on board too?
listen punk head....So in other words,an unarmed SU bomber circled an armed destroyer just for "FUN"?does that sound sane to you...where in the history of warfare have u heard a destroyer or any ship being circled 11 times,without the ship doig shit?THE SHIP COULDN"T DEFEND ITSELF simple....can an american F15 simulate a missile strike on a chinese or russian warship without a response frm either of the ship?
Re: The USS Nimitz-the Biggest And Most Sophisticated Aircraft Carrier In The World. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 27, 2015
mazeltov:
I'm just happy that I have successfully exposed your ignorance. Since the inception of our conversation, can you point out where I argued that no ship can't be sunk? You see, You have a very low conceptualisation as regards to weapons. It's not under must for you to comment on threads or topics whose contents are beyond your comprehension and reasonings by comparing 1940 ship with 2015 ships. Of course nobody will prosecute you if you had keep shut and read people's comment instead of making blind argument. You are the one comparing Missiles capabilities with ships capabilities which bewrays the heighest possible strata of ignorance in this 21st century. Cheers bro. Enjoy your day

Re: The USS Nimitz-the Biggest And Most Sophisticated Aircraft Carrier In The World. by fineguy11(m): 3:01pm On Oct 27, 2015
ValerianSteel:
Are you daft or what,how is France the looser here.She has refused to sell them to Russia who is apperently in dire need of it.

France doesn't feel an iota of loss,instead Russia should see how effective France stood its grounds on imposing tough sanctions on Russia.

Russia doesn't have an effective naval technology capable of building a carrier at the moment,it's only hope has been dashed by France.Of course it would build something to call a carrier,it would not be anywhere near Chinese Liaoning to start with except it partners a country like Israel or the UK,but pride won't allow it seek such.

In your dreams would Egypt replace US with Russia.US still remains their biggest ally but they are free to partner any country they want to in their best interest.

The U.S. Resumed military aid to Egypt after cutting it during the Arab Spring.You think Egypt would now decide to topple US position over Russia that has less go offer her.That's too unlikely.

https://www.rt.com/business/317023-france-mistral-sale-losses/...... www.ibtimes.com/failed-russian-mistral-ship-deal-will-cost-france-twice-much-paris-spent-build-2054491... www.ibtimes.com/mistral-ships-update-failed-deals-russia-egypt-india-militaries-will-cost-france-60-2058255.

FRANCE HAS BECOME A LAUGHING STOCK IN THE ARMS GLOBAL MARKET,all thanks to their action and inactions... NO country wld want to do business with a country that can be influenced by another country..FRANCE HAS LOST ITS GOODWILL as far Global arms business is concerned,,,my proof is in the links i posted up.

1 Like

Re: The USS Nimitz-the Biggest And Most Sophisticated Aircraft Carrier In The World. by ValerianSteel(m): 3:07pm On Oct 27, 2015
fineguy11:
ibtimes.com/russia-developing-nuclear-powered-aircraft-carrier-report-2046059 . ibtimes.com/mistral-ships-update-failed-deals-russia-egypt-india-militaries-will-cost-france-60-2058255. https://www.rt.com/business/317023-france-mistral-sale-losses/...
When she successfully builds it,let me know undecided
Re: The USS Nimitz-the Biggest And Most Sophisticated Aircraft Carrier In The World. by ayindejimmy(m): 3:18pm On Oct 27, 2015
dinachi:

Russia does not believe in wasting tax payers money on frivolous and foolish projects like the US. Aircraft carriers are a needless waste of money.No American Aircraft carrier can come within 1000 miles of Russia in a battle situation without being destroyed! Russia spends a tenth of Americas budget on defense yet have weapons that rival and sometimes surpass America. Single Russian S400 missile defense system costing less that a thousandth of the amount wasted on that big for nothing Nimitz will turn it to a smoking wreck in minutes. I stick with Russia on this. They are light years ahead of America in military technology.

Wrong wrong wrong.

Let's just pray we don't find ourselves in situations those two bullies will have to flex muscles.

That warship can dictect and neutralize any missile within a hundred, if not more, kilometers of it
Re: The USS Nimitz-the Biggest And Most Sophisticated Aircraft Carrier In The World. by fineguy11(m): 3:29pm On Oct 27, 2015
Re: The USS Nimitz-the Biggest And Most Sophisticated Aircraft Carrier In The World. by mazeltov(m): 3:57pm On Oct 27, 2015
fineguy11:
listen punk head....So in other words,an unarmed SU bomber circled an armed destroyer just for "FUN"?does that sound sane to you
your excuse is as paralytic as your thought. You could have asked yourself why couldn't the jet fire missile after successfully jamming the ship since it's not for fun as you said. or why didn't the jet come with missile. And point of correction, the Su-24 flanker didn't circle the ship so stop feeding with unverified lies. It flew over it. Maybe you should step down from the throne of your ignorance and reason with me. An Su-24 flanker was unarmmed and it was spotted by the radar about some km away. If it's war time, the ship would have fired missiles away before the jet even come closer or the su-24 jet might even be the first to detect and sink the ship - well that depends on technicality of the crews and pilot and sophistication of the ship and the jet. Moreover, the jet was without any nuclear weapons so it would be unprofessional for the crews on board to draw blood. Do you think that people just fire missile or weapons without an official authorisation from the superior officer or order from the president himself? Apart from military drilling which the president must approve, no soldier or anybody must fire a single bullet without order (yes some situations requires emergency response without waiting for order) Ok, when the ship was jammed, why couldn't the jet fire since it is not for fun as you have said. This issue is more of logical reasoning that mere propaganda.

fineguy11:
where in the history of warfare have u heard a destroyer or any ship being circled 11 times,without the ship doig shit?THE SHIP COULDN"T DEFEND ITSELF simple....can an american F15 simulate a missile strike on a chinese or russian warship without a response frm either of the ship?
I have never seen or heard of any american jet flying over Russian or chinese ships and the jet was shot down. You are just as dumb as your words. Maybe you should tell me. It's just a mere show off, we have seen several occassion whereby Russian jet will be intercepted by another american jet and we have also seen many situation whereby American jet will be intercepted by Russian jet so what is so unique about it?

1 Like

Re: The USS Nimitz-the Biggest And Most Sophisticated Aircraft Carrier In The World. by ValerianSteel(m): 4:26pm On Oct 27, 2015
fineguy11:
oh,,its comming..and there's nothing u AMERICAN BUTT LICKERS or the west can do abt it... http://m.economictimes.com/news/defence/biggest-warship-project-russia-selects-anil-ambanis-pipavav-to-make-frigates-for-indian-navy/articleshow/48091024.cms... http://news.yahoo.com/russia-add-80-warships-black-sea-fleet-fleet-120309252.html... least i forget,,is the US still the world power?especially since the recent takeover of the middle east by "RUSSIA"S INCOMPETENT MILITARY".... http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-24/russia-takes-over-mid-east-moscow-gets-green-light-strikes-iraq-sets-alliance-jordan... http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-26/russias-mid-east-takeover-continues-afghanistan-requests-military-assistance-moscow
We shouldn't even be having this argument,Russia is far from having a standard blue water naval force,they still remain a green water navy incapable of advance warfare at sea without the support of its land based defense systems.

Russia that keeps reviving dead corvettes and frigates into so called destroyers that do not stand a chance against HM Navy not to speak of the American navy.Bro,let's not go too far,Russia can only keep trying to be there but currently,she is far from catching up with her western counterparts take it or leave it.
Re: The USS Nimitz-the Biggest And Most Sophisticated Aircraft Carrier In The World. by fineguy11(m): 5:15pm On Oct 27, 2015
ValerianSteel:
We shouldn't even be having this argument,Russia is far from having a standard blue water naval force,they still remain a green water navy incapable of advance warfare at sea without the support of its land based defense systems.

Russia that keeps reviving dead corvettes and frigates into so called destroyers that do not stand a chance against HM Navy not to speak of the American navy.Bro,let's not go too far,Russia can only keep trying to be there but currently,she is far from catching up with her western counterparts take it or leave it.

i totaly agree with u..a DEAD frigates/destroyers was able to launch 25 cruise missiles,900miles away from the caspian sea.....

1 Like

Re: The USS Nimitz-the Biggest And Most Sophisticated Aircraft Carrier In The World. by ValerianSteel(m): 5:19pm On Oct 27, 2015
fineguy11:
i totaly agree with u..a DEAD frigates/destroyers was able to launch 25 cruise missiles,900miles away from the caspian sea.....
To locked targets over open airspace without threats of being shot down cause it passed through well calculated allied routes.

Dude please,accept it Russia is incapable of open water warfare at deep sea.They should move to the Red Sea and try that one close to Israeli subs or fire the missiles through Turkey and Israel if their asses won't be dealt with.
Re: The USS Nimitz-the Biggest And Most Sophisticated Aircraft Carrier In The World. by 0taPiaPia(m): 5:25pm On Oct 27, 2015
dinachi:

Have u watched LASTSHIP..
Re: The USS Nimitz-the Biggest And Most Sophisticated Aircraft Carrier In The World. by fineguy11(m): 5:41pm On Oct 27, 2015
mazeltov:
your excuse is as paralytic as your thought. You could have asked yourself why couldn't the jet fire missile after successfully jamming the ship since it's not for fun as you said. or why didn't the jet come with missile. And point of correction, the Su-24 flanker didn't circle the ship so stop feeding with unverified lies. It flew over it. Maybe you should step down from the throne of your ignorance and reason with me. An Su-24 flanker was unarmmed and it was spotted by the radar about some km away. If it's war time, the ship would have fired missiles away before the jet even come closer or the su-24 jet might even be the first to detect and sink the ship - well that depends on technicality of the crews and pilot and sophistication of the ship and the jet. Moreover, the jet was without any nuclear weapons so it would be unprofessional for the crews on board to draw blood. Do you think that people just fire missile or weapons without an official authorisation from the superior officer or order from the president himself? Apart from military drilling which the president must approve, no soldier or anybody must fire a single bullet without order (yes some situations requires emergency response without waiting for order) Ok, when the ship was jammed, why couldn't the jet fire since it is not for fun as you have said. This issue is more of logical reasoning that mere propaganda.

I have never seen or heard of any american jet flying over Russian or chinese ships and the jet was shot down. You are just as dumb as your words. Maybe you should tell me. It's just a mere show off, we have seen several occassion whereby Russian jet will be intercepted by another american jet and we have also seen many situation whereby American jet will be intercepted by Russian jet so what is so unique about it?
in your own words,,"SOME SITUATIONS REQUIRES EMMERGENCY RESPONSE WITHOUT WAITING FOR ORDERS"..by your understanding,a ship being circled '12 times' doesnt warrant an emergency response?Lol.typical lame excuses from a RUSSOPHOBE . http://www.veteranstoday.com/2014/11/13/aegis-fail-in-black-sea-ruskies-burn-down-uss-donald-duck/
http://www.infowars.com/russians-disable-u-s-guided-missile-destroyer
Re: The USS Nimitz-the Biggest And Most Sophisticated Aircraft Carrier In The World. by mikolo80: 5:53pm On Oct 27, 2015
dinachi:
actually until aegis is upgraded a barrage of 60 missiles will overwhelm it and one will get through.
Re: The USS Nimitz-the Biggest And Most Sophisticated Aircraft Carrier In The World. by mikolo80: 5:55pm On Oct 27, 2015
bettercreature:
No missile is capable of reaching that carrier even if all her engineers are sleeping
Sadly Russia doesnt have the technology to build carrier
It can only be destroy by swarming of hundreds of small sub-marine boats as one Iran revolutionary guards quoted and usa military experts attest to it
60 exocets can overwhelm aegis. and you only need One to open Her like a can of sardines
Re: The USS Nimitz-the Biggest And Most Sophisticated Aircraft Carrier In The World. by mikolo80: 5:56pm On Oct 27, 2015
dinachi:

Russia does not believe in wasting tax payers money on frivolous and foolish projects like the US. Aircraft carriers are a needless waste of money.No American Aircraft carrier can come within 1000 miles of Russia in a battle situation without being destroyed! Russia spends a tenth of Americas budget on defense yet have weapons that rival and sometimes surpass America. Single Russian S400 missile defense system costing less that a thousandth of the amount wasted on that big for nothing Nimitz will turn it to a smoking wreck in minutes. I stick with Russia on this. They are light years ahead of America in military technology.
most of that 575 billiom is salary,housing,feeding,clothing etc
all overpriced (contract for the boys (defense industrial complex) their own oyel moni for sharing
Re: The USS Nimitz-the Biggest And Most Sophisticated Aircraft Carrier In The World. by homerac7: 6:31pm On Oct 27, 2015
Several commentators here underestimate USNV Nimitz.

There are two issues involved;

1. As an individual ship, it is equipped with high tech self protection suite, which details are mostly secret. It can detect, target, attack and defend itself and other friendly ships around it. It is also a command and control centre. So just imagine a corvette, frigate, air/ area defence ship, destroyer and huge logistic ship all rolled into one. That's USNV Nimitz.

2. No US navy carrier ship sails as a single entity. A carrrier, according to US Navy doctrine, is only a ship in a BATTLEGROUP formation. In other words, it is not only a carrier visiting you, but a whole battle group. Usually, a battel group consists of a carrier, complement of destroyers, frigates, oilers, and submarines. A panoply of naval war vessels numbering between 10-15 - all working together as a battle group. That's almost 10,000 sailors, marines, SFs, and complement of technicians, engineers, and allied services moving together. The battlegroup is designed to defend itself, and basically a floating armed men that can start a war on order of president of US on its own, or defend itself from any enemy aggression and fight back effectively until support arrives from nearest formation.

Given the two points above, it can be seen that sinking Nimitz is as good as beating d defence of about 15 highly capable vessels working in synch.

Yes, it can be beaten. But no sane country wants a US Navy battle group sitting off its water in offensive mode.

1 Like

Re: The USS Nimitz-the Biggest And Most Sophisticated Aircraft Carrier In The World. by mazeltov(m): 7:52pm On Oct 27, 2015
You have low comprehension capability. An Su flanker which has been deteced by radar and was unarmmed. We have seen several jets from both countries violating eachother's airspace territory. Drop the argument bro.
fineguy11:
in your own words,,"SOME SITUATIONS REQUIRES EMMERGENCY RESPONSE WITHOUT WAITING FOR ORDERS"..by your understanding,a ship being circled '12 times' doesnt warrant an emergency response?Lol.typical lame excuses from a RUSSOPHOBE . http://www.veteranstoday.com/2014/11/13/aegis-fail-in-black-sea-ruskies-burn-down-uss-donald-duck/
http://www.infowars.com/russians-disable-u-s-guided-missile-destroyer

Re: The USS Nimitz-the Biggest And Most Sophisticated Aircraft Carrier In The World. by FarmerBenaiah: 8:21am On Oct 25, 2016
bettercreature:
No missile is capable of reaching that carrier even if all her engineers are sleeping
Sadly Russia doesnt have the technology to build carrier
It can only be destroy by swarming of hundreds of small sub-marine boats as one Iran revolutionary guards quoted and usa military experts attest to it
have you heard or red about russia Admiral Kuznetsov aircraft carrier which makes US Naval fleet shrink? Lol
Re: The USS Nimitz-the Biggest And Most Sophisticated Aircraft Carrier In The World. by FarmerBenaiah: 8:28am On Oct 25, 2016
bettercreature:
Shut up! Putin is dying because of the technology and that is why they are begging france not to cancel the contract of the two powerfull carriers they are building for russia
russia doesnt have a single clue about plane carrier technology likewise usa doesn't know much about space technology
No country is closer to america technologically,america has many dismantled weapons which can be re-assembled withing a week if the need arises

Lol..... You think Russia Is Nigeria. They are not good with Aircraft until recently. Also have you heard of their Air craft carrier heading to syria which can protect itself unlike America carriers? Russia are best when it comes to Anti Air craft missiles. Do you think Russia is an africa state?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why We Won’t Reverse Power Privatisation – FG / Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition / Enugu North PDP Holds Senatorial District Mega Rally. Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.