Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,339 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Exposed: Buhari In Dangerous Moves To Take Over 3 Niger-delta Oil Rich States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exposed: Buhari In Dangerous Moves To Take Over 3 Niger-delta Oil Rich States (1021 Views)

IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential / Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post / Ben Murray-bruce Slams APC For Crying Out After Losing Oil Rich States To PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exposed: Buhari In Dangerous Moves To Take Over 3 Niger-delta Oil Rich States by RichieF27: 11:01pm On Oct 26, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari may be plotting a dangerous game of taking over governments in three key Niger Delta states of Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Bayelsa, it has been revealed.

The objective, sources said, is to muzzle huge financial resources required in rebuilding the Northern zones ravaged by insurgency and the attendant need to rehabilitate the people in the affected areas.

It is also an exigent step, it was learnt that, in the aftermath of failure by the United States, Britain and other European countries to redeem their respective pledges to release funds to support rebuilding of the ravaged northern states whose economy has collapsed following the devastating activities of the insurgent group, Boko Haram.

Accordingly, President Buhari is said to be seeking alternative sources of funding for the rehabilitation efforts and taking over the three states in the Niger Delta became appealing in what sources said would be “strategic” in terms of the oil wealth and “unfolding tendencies” to have them in the grip of the Federal Government.

A close source confided that the plot to take over the three states was thought to be the most viable option open to the north in rebuilding its ruined economy.

The thinking, it was gathered, was to seize power from the PDP-controlled states in the South-South with the convincing understanding that the combined wealth of Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Bayelsa states will create the desired cash flow in the four years of the Buhari administration to be used to rebuild the terribly battered economy of the north.

The three states are currently under tension occasioned by election disputes.

Both Rivers and Akwa Ibom have already had their respective elections nullified in significant manner as fresh elections will be conducted partially or in whole to determine the status of government in the two states while that of Delta is held in abeyance.

Sources reliably informed that plans had been perfected to also rig the elections in Bayelsa State in favour of the All Progressives Congress (APC) with firm commitments allegedly extracted from the governorship candidate, Timipre Sylva, to surrender forty per cent of its monthly Federal allocations within the fixed limit of financial mopping.

“This explains why the Presidency is hell bent on fielding Timipre Sylva for the governorship election despite his standing trial for corruption at the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) as well as the various extra-judicial killings charges against him as sued by the affected people in the state”, a leader of an Ijaw rights group said.

A source also hinted that the choice of Sylva was appealing to the powers that be given his contributions in attempts to perpetuate the late President Musa Yar’Adua in office even when it was obvious he was bed ridden in Saudi Arabia.

The source claimed that Sylva actually donated billions of naira to efforts contrived by some power mongers then to stop former President Goodluck Jonathan from being sworn in as president.

In the case of Rivers, the source further informed, that the plot was to sack the troubled governor Nyesom Wike and install his opponent in the last election, Dakuku Peterside, through what was said to be the ‘instrumentality of the court”.

Already, the court had ruled that the last election in Rivers State was invalid and a new election would be conducted.

It was reliably gathered that the former governor of the state, now awaiting minister in the Buhari administration, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, had also committed himself to trade off a significant percentage of the state’s monthly Federal allocation over a promised vice presidential slot in 2019.

A similar arrangement was also said to have been sealed for Akwa Ibom state.

Meanwhile, aware of the development, a group of ex-militants and several youth associations in the South-South were said to be gearing up to return to the creeks.

They were reliably quoted to have indicated that in the face of the development, they would be ready to defend their God-given resources with last pint of blood in them.

“We will resist every move by Buhari and APC-led government to deprive us of our God-given resources. Was that why they killed Alameyeseigha and witch-hunting all our Ijaw leaders? We will certainly resist them with every blood flowing in our vein.

“To all our Ijaw brothers hobnobbing with the APC, we are calling on them to retrace their steps. We Ijaws must unite and come together to fight against this injustice. It is a deadly plot calculated to take our inheritance”, convener and leader of one of the groups, George Magbisa, stated.
Re: Exposed: Buhari In Dangerous Moves To Take Over 3 Niger-delta Oil Rich States by shikshark: 11:02pm On Oct 26, 2015
i thank the poster below me for not allowing me to waste my time on reading the post
Re: Exposed: Buhari In Dangerous Moves To Take Over 3 Niger-delta Oil Rich States by HungerBAD: 11:03pm On Oct 26, 2015
Senseless write up.

To the writer above me YOU are welcome.

3 Likes

Re: Exposed: Buhari In Dangerous Moves To Take Over 3 Niger-delta Oil Rich States by podosci(m): 11:05pm On Oct 26, 2015
Nuisance like this is why trump is justified for calling Africans lazy and stupid

4 Likes

Re: Exposed: Buhari In Dangerous Moves To Take Over 3 Niger-delta Oil Rich States by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 26, 2015
Instead of dis man to think of how to make nigeria a better place he is busy chasing shadows

1 Like

Re: Exposed: Buhari In Dangerous Moves To Take Over 3 Niger-delta Oil Rich States by saintikechi(m): 11:07pm On Oct 26, 2015
Make una no gree ...............
Re: Exposed: Buhari In Dangerous Moves To Take Over 3 Niger-delta Oil Rich States by Dannyset(m): 11:16pm On Oct 26, 2015
Children everywhere! I don't know when Seun will censoring monikers of Children on NL.
Re: Exposed: Buhari In Dangerous Moves To Take Over 3 Niger-delta Oil Rich States by SosaMontana(m): 11:18pm On Oct 26, 2015
Re: Exposed: Buhari In Dangerous Moves To Take Over 3 Niger-delta Oil Rich States by Nobody: 11:20pm On Oct 26, 2015
I don't know why I hate, fulanis, hausas,yorubbers so much.
This tribes are so full of themselfs thinking dat nothing will happen.

Buhari is a pshycophant- tinubu
Fulanis are rapist- ffk
I will kill all the northerners- obasanjo.

I don't need any quotes from the folks here.
try me u will die young" idiot's

2 Likes

Re: Exposed: Buhari In Dangerous Moves To Take Over 3 Niger-delta Oil Rich States by tomakint: 11:24pm On Oct 26, 2015
HungerBAD:
Senseless write up.
Senseless write up? shocked shocked shocked indeed, hunger is bad!

1 Like

Re: Exposed: Buhari In Dangerous Moves To Take Over 3 Niger-delta Oil Rich States by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 26, 2015
Nice post! IMO, this card reader story na wash! There's more to these re_runs jorr!
Re: Exposed: Buhari In Dangerous Moves To Take Over 3 Niger-delta Oil Rich States by Gbawe: 1:03am On Oct 27, 2015
tomakint:

Senseless write up? shocked shocked shocked indeed, hunger is bad!

Bruv come on. You have made this insinuation, i.e Buhari wants to grab Rivers oil, on several threads now. With all due respect, your argument is simplistic, scaremongering and unbefitting of your intellect. The FG already collects all income from oil sales and disburse allocation to States of Nigeria according to legal arrangements which control the sharing formula. In the case of Rivers a 13% derivative addition is applicable. Are you suggesting Buhari wants to supplant his own Governor in Rivers State house who will then simply cart money to Mr.President every month in a wheelbarrow? Can you guys not simply accept that this development is entirely natural and stems from the pledge Buhari made that he will not "forgive or forget" the rigging, violence, murders and arson that went on in Rivers during the election?

Do you not remember what we all went through only a few months ago where election results came through everywhere (SW and North for example) yet the SS, because GEJ was in power, went incommunicado for days with no one being able to tell what was going on in some States of the region whereas election were followed live and transparently elsewhere? Please key into your conscience and shun Party affiliation for once. Everything related to GEJ was about total irresponsibility and excessive behaviour. Are you telling me you saw nothing wrong with the way SS States behaved aberrantly during the 2015 elections? It is now very easy to blame Buhari but this is recent history we are discussing. We all saw the shameful behaviour of Wike et al. This is now the time to show Nigeria that the days of such impunity is over.

4 Likes

Re: Exposed: Buhari In Dangerous Moves To Take Over 3 Niger-delta Oil Rich States by tomakint: 7:30pm On Oct 29, 2015
Gbawe:

Bruv come on. You have made this insinuation, i.e Buhari wants to grab Rivers oil, on several threads now. With all due respect, your argument is simplistic, scaremongering and unbefitting of your intellect. The FG already collects all income from oil sales and disburse allocation to States of Nigeria according to legal arrangements which control the sharing formula. In the case of Rivers a 13% derivative addition is applicable. Are you suggesting Buhari wants to supplant his own Governor in Rivers State house who will then simply cart money to Mr.President every month in a wheelbarrow? Can you guys not simply accept that this development is entirely natural and stems from the pledge Buhari made that he will not "forgive or forget" the rigging, violence, murders and arson that went on in Rivers during the election?

Do you not remember what we all went through only a few months ago where election results came through everywhere (SW and North for example) yet the SS, because GEJ was in power, went incommunicado for days with no one being able to tell what was going on in some States of the region whereas election were followed live and transparently elsewhere? Please key into your conscience and shun Party affiliation for once. Everything related to GEJ was about total irresponsibility and excessive behaviour. Are you telling me you saw nothing wrong with the way SS States behaved aberrantly during the 2015 elections? It is now very easy to blame Buhari but this is recent history we are discussing. We all saw the shameful behaviour of Wike et al. This is now the time to show Nigeria that the days of such impunity is over.
Gbawe, I got the intents and purpose of your post to me clearly, however, you of all people should know my intentions! @ the bolded, you must understand the dynamics of Nigerian politics that 'OIL' dictates virtually everything and at a point, 80% of Oil Wells were in the hands of these Funky Mallams.....and I asked you my FRIEND why? Think not that Buhari is not familiar with the intrigues in the oil sector (being the pioneer Petroleum Minister), my fear now is, with his current battle to get Rivers at all cost because of this oil, what happens next when a Southern President from South-South eventually emerge as Future President? embarassed I will personally write you a long letter on this board, watch out for it Esteemed Gbawe. Good day!

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News!!!!! Senator Gyang Nyam Pwajok Is Dead / The Grand Strategy Of IPOB And Igbos For The People Of South South / Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.