Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin (10305 Views)

Lady Wore A Dress Made Of Money To A Wedding (Photos) / WOW!!! PRETTY LADIES, SEE HOW TO GIVE YOUR SKIN THE BEST TREAT / 8 Secrets Of Effortless French Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by arabianights: 8:42am On Oct 30, 2015
Durentt:
Retin-A makes skin more sensitive to sun and u could get 2nd degree sunburn. My advice, its best to use Retin-A at night, and depend on her skin type, is it sensitive, does it burn easily? If yes she needs a sunscreen in the day but if her skin is strong enough then she just needs to try her best to avoid sun as much as possible even though a small sun is not harmful. She can use Retin-A everyday as long as she's not complaining but dermatologists advice user to skip days in a week like use on monday skip tuesday use wednesday skin thursday but since is hasnt complained about any side effect from using it daily, Go ahead!

i actually react to it. gives me rashes only worked for me just once when i had pimples infested face
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 30, 2015
arabianights:

i actually react to it. gives me rashes only worked for me just once when i had pimples infested face
u definitely hav a sensitive skin. Did u use Retin A cream or Retin A gel.
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by arabianights: 12:11pm On Oct 30, 2015
Durentt:
u definitely hav a sensitive skin. Did u use Retin A cream or Retin A gel.

retin a cream
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 30, 2015
arabianights:

retin a cream
shiit, maybe dats why. Retin-A cream is for non-acne prone skin especially for older woman who wants to prevent or delay wrinkles and other blemishes. Its the gel dat is used 4 acne nd skin problems am even suprised how comes the Retin A cream clear ur acne, it made mine worse back then.
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by rossi5(f): 7:58pm On Oct 31, 2015
Durentt:
Yea, skincare is good and fun especially to the ladies but you dont need to spend soo much just to have that skin u desire. Am here to help u with this secrets to spending less but still looking best.
1. Buy drugstore brands: There's no reason to shell out your whole 1-month salary 4 a mostiurizer like (creme de la mer) which is totally nt worth d money. There's also no reasons to spend so much on cleansers which is meant to wash of impurities and is only on ur skin 4 seconds. You can find great cleansers and mosturizers at low prices. Look for this brands; Aveeno, Olay, Purpose, Neutrogena, Cetaphil and Eucerin. They all have miracle products. You can also consider use dove beauty bar, its dermatologist recommended and can be used to clean face and hair without over-drying, with dove bar, u dont need a cleanser.
2. Skip the toner or astrigent:
Unless u have super-oily skin, u dont need a toner. I didnt say oily, i said SUPER-oily.
Toners are extra step in ur beauty routine and worse, an extra expense.
Dont let the sales-person at a derpatment store convince u to get a toner, its not worth it.
3. Skip the pricey Eye-cream:
I have several eye creams at home which i stupidly bought over the years and now dumped them at home bcuz am not convinced they work.
If u are ready to save money, u shud skip d eye cream and use rich heavy mosturizers like shea butter, antioxidants and some bag of green teas.
4. Make ur own masks and scrubs:
Why spend lot of money on fancy face masks and scrubs when u can make urs at home using ingridents found in your refrigerator from turmeric,yoghurt,milk ,honey etc. If after reading this and u are ready to make ur own masks and scrubs just let me know so dat i can help u out.
I guarantee this organic, all-natural masks will leave ur skin feeling wonderful. Ok,That sounded a bit marketing-speak but its the truth!
5. Skip the spa, do your own Facials:
while there's really nothing better than a facial spa, a session of one can cost you 10,000naira or more. Treat urself with this simple home spa treatments; place a warm towel on your face for 5minutes, exfoliate with a fine-facial scrub such as that found in Olay's microdermabrasion set or you can use the cheap apricot scrub, finish up with a facial mask. Remember a spa treatment is very important, if you have the money but if u dont, stick with this, they work pretty well.
6. Try an At-Home Microdermabrasion Kit:
Microdermabrasion is very important, you can get it done it in spa also but its pricey there. A session cost bout 9,500naira and u need to microdermabrase at least once a month.
But u can get d same wonderful spa result with at home microdermabrasion kits.
I use Olay Microdermabrasion and peel system, you can get dis at konga or jumia. Its about 7000naira and lasts for 16weeks or more if u use it once a week. You can also try Mary kay Microdermabrasion and serum 11,000naira.
7. Invest in Retin-A or Renova:
Retin-A is a miracle product and is worth every money u pay. It can clear every skin blemishes from acne to blackheads to blackspots and it cost around 2,000naira. The product is also a good anti-ageing and using it early in life wud save u a big stress when u get older. U need not consider Laser treatments, peels, facelifts to look younger, with Retin-A u'll always have dat youthful face.
Please dont use when u are pregnant and wear sunscreen when going outside or if u dont want to wear sunscreens, avoid SUN.
8. Forget about buying sunscreens:
Yea, pple say sun can damage ur skin and make u darker so u need to use sunscreen when going out. Pls sunscreens contain harmful chemicals and they donot protect u from sun 100% after one application, u keep applying it every 4hours to maintain its effectiveness. Pls save ur self the stress and forget sunscreen, just avoid da sun by using umbrella or any other stuff. Remember dat the sun contains free vitamin-D in the morning so be careful not to loose this free gift of nature when avoiding the sun.

nice post ma,I have a super oily skin and pimples will not leave me alone, am thinking of getting retina A and Neutrogena cleanser,please ur advice will b appreciated.
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 31, 2015
rossi5:

nice post ma,I have a super oily skin and pimples will not leave me alone, am thinking of getting retina A and Neutrogena cleanser,please ur advice will b appreciated.
yea, but am a sir not a madam. Since u have pimple and very oily skin den get neutrogena cleanser, neutrogena astrigent, retin-a wud be good but use only at night time, every-night.
In d day use a good face mostiruzier pls dont use vaseline ooooh, its comodegenic and cause more pimples, choose a cream dat is not comodegenic like most of dis neutrogena mostiurizers wud be fine!
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by davetwitzy: 8:12pm On Oct 31, 2015
Wash your face/skin with sugar everyday. You can use a brush to make sure all the impurities go away. Then you'll know that all those expensive skin care products are scams.
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 31, 2015
davetwitzy:
Wash your face/skin with sugar everyday. You can use a brush to make sure all the impurities go away. Then you'll know that all those expensive skin care products are scams.
i disagree wit u calling expensive skincare products scam. You cant say products with amino-peptides, nianciamide, dimethicone, green tea are scams. They work!! But everyone cant afford them though
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by rossi5(f): 9:46pm On Oct 31, 2015
Durentt:
yea, but am a sir not a madam. Since u have pimple and very oily skin den get neutrogena cleanser, neutrogena astrigent, retin-a wud be good but use only at night time, every-night.
In d day use a good face mostiruzier pls dont use vaseline ooooh, its comodegenic and cause more pimples, choose a cream dat is not comodegenic like most of dis neutrogena mostiurizers wud be fine!
thanks sir,is face mousterizer diff from the normal body cream we use..if so please give an example of good face mousterizer,presently i use fair n white body lotion.
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 31, 2015
rossi5:

thanks sir,is face mousterizer diff from the normal body cream we use..if so please give an example of good face mousterizer,presently i use fair n white body lotion.
They're different. U can use neutrogena creams on ur face
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by rossi5(f): 9:55pm On Oct 31, 2015
Durentt:

OK,thanks very plenty
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 31, 2015
rossi5:

OK,thanks very plenty
yea
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by rossi5(f): 7:06pm On Nov 02, 2015
Durentt:

hello sir,I saw one clear spot oil terminating astringent with Neutrogena boldly written on it...I should get that ryt.
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 02, 2015
rossi5:

hello sir,I saw one clear spot oil terminating astringent with Neutrogena boldly written on it...I should get that ryt.
Of course, especially is u have a problem-skin, neutrogena products could be a life saver
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by rossi5(f): 8:42pm On Nov 02, 2015
Durentt:
Of course, especially is u have a problem-skin, neutrogena products could be a life saver
kk,tnks
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by OmoKhary(f): 1:10am On Nov 03, 2015
Durentt:
but i was told neutrogena product darken light skin ladies.
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Nobody: 6:32am On Nov 03, 2015
OmoKhary:
but i was told neutrogena product darken light skin ladies.
different people have their different skins and it reacts in different ways. The same way, shea butter darken some lightskinned ladies but doesnt darken some. I havent seen any lightskinned who complained that neutrogena darkened her but when u start using it and u notice any darkening then throw it away!
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by OmoKhary(f): 6:44pm On Nov 03, 2015
Thank you
Durentt:
different people have their different skins and it reacts in different ways. The same way, shea butter darken some lightskinned ladies but doesnt darken some. I havent seen any lightskinned who complained that neutrogena darkened her but when u start using it and u notice any darkening then throw it away!
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by ayoaces: 8:45pm On Nov 03, 2015
Hi, I've got spots on my arms, legs and back. What can I use to clear them. I currently use the Palmers skin success fade milk and idole exfoliating soap. I used Vovi for sometime ( like three bottles). I just started using the palmers fade milk. What would you recommend for the spots? Thks
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 03, 2015
ayoaces:
Hi, I've got spots on my arms, legs and back. What can I use to clear them. I currently use the Palmers skin success fade milk and idole exfoliating soap. I used Vovi for sometime ( like three bottles). I just started using the palmers fade milk. What would you recommend for the spots? Thks
ok, first i'll need to know what type of spot. Spot from sun? Or spots from a wound? Or spots from acne?.

They are different approaches. Such as using lemon, tone correcting creams and so on
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by miztemmy70(f): 9:11pm On Nov 03, 2015
pls pals,am new here....cream n pimples hv reali bn an issue 4me.am a chocolate skin gal,hv used almst all knwn creams n lotions...bt dey all lighten or drkn me.n acne hs bn givin me slpless nyts.pls wt gud cream cn i bring bk my chocolate colour?and hw do i stop dis acne issue?tnxx in adv.
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by ayoaces: 5:41pm On Nov 04, 2015
Durentt:
ok, first i'll need to know what type of spot. Spot from sun? Or spots from a wound? Or spots from acne?.

They are different approaches. Such as using lemon, tone correcting creams and so on
Majorly from wounds but also sun. Got them over time like since secondary school
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Wizdray: 2:17pm On Nov 05, 2015
What soap/cream/cleanser/natural remedies can you recommend for me to make my skin glow and fresh. Am fair, have small pimples + spots and my face is super oily

cc: Durentt
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by MISSOPTIMIST(f): 11:06pm On Nov 07, 2015
ayoaces:

Majorly from wounds but also sun. Got them over time like since secondary school

My case is similar to yours. I have spots all over my body, especially on my legs.. got them over time, from childhood.. most were as a result of injuries and insect bite (my skin is easily irritated ).. I was using same palmers skin success and idol exfoliating soap.. but d cream made me lighten, n d spots became more visible.. pls i need any good recomdation on what to use.. thank you.
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by DOCTOR90: 12:03am On Nov 08, 2015
MISSOPTIMIST:

My case is similar to yours. I have spots all over my body, especially on my legs.. got them over time, from childhood.. most were as a result of injuries and insect bite (my skin is easily irritated ).. I was using same palmers skin success and idol exfoliating soap.. but d cream made me lighten, n d spots became more visible.. pls i need any good recomdation on what to use.. thank you.
, use retin A , are u still using Palmer skin success
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by MISSOPTIMIST(f): 8:21pm On Nov 08, 2015
No, I stopped a long time ago.. I am currently on Palmer's coco buter formular, no effect still.
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by ladycomfort(f): 2:46pm On Nov 09, 2015
davetwitzy:
. Please which type of sugar and how do one apply it with brush
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by davetwitzy: 1:20am On Nov 10, 2015
ladycomfort:
. Please which type of sugar and how do one apply it with brush
In a cup, mix honey and sugar together and grind it well. Then apply the thick mixture to your face and lips and leave it for at least 3-5 mins. Then use a soft or hard brush(depending on how soft or sensitive your skin is) to scrub your face with the mixture still on. Then use cold or warm water to wash it off and wipe your face dry. I'm no skin expert but it's what I do. Thank me later.
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by ndidibabe(f): 9:31am On Apr 27, 2020
Durentt:
Yea, skincare is good and fun especially to the ladies but you dont need to spend soo much just to have that skin u desire. Am here to help u with this secrets to spending less but still looking best.
1. Buy drugstore brands: There's no reason to shell out your whole 1-month salary 4 a mostiurizer like (creme de la mer) which is totally nt worth d money. There's also no reasons to spend so much on cleansers which is meant to wash of impurities and is only on ur skin 4 seconds. You can find great cleansers and mosturizers at low prices. Look for this brands; Aveeno, Olay, Purpose, Neutrogena, Cetaphil and Eucerin. They all have miracle products. You can also consider use dove beauty bar, its dermatologist recommended and can be used to clean face and hair without over-drying, with dove bar, u dont need a cleanser.
2. Skip the toner or astrigent:
Unless u have super-oily skin, u dont need a toner. I didnt say oily, i said SUPER-oily.
Toners are extra step in ur beauty routine and worse, an extra expense.
Dont let the sales-person at a derpatment store convince u to get a toner, its not worth it.
3. Skip the pricey Eye-cream:
I have several eye creams at home which i stupidly bought over the years and now dumped them at home bcuz am not convinced they work.
If u are ready to save money, u shud skip d eye cream and use rich heavy mosturizers like shea butter, antioxidants and some bag of green teas.
4. Make ur own masks and scrubs:
Why spend lot of money on fancy face masks and scrubs when u can make urs at home using ingridents found in your refrigerator from turmeric,yoghurt,milk ,honey etc. If after reading this and u are ready to make ur own masks and scrubs just let me know so dat i can help u out.
I guarantee this organic, all-natural masks will leave ur skin feeling wonderful. Ok,That sounded a bit marketing-speak but its the truth!
5. Skip the spa, do your own Facials:
while there's really nothing better than a facial spa, a session of one can cost you 10,000naira or more. Treat urself with this simple home spa treatments; place a warm towel on your face for 5minutes, exfoliate with a fine-facial scrub such as that found in Olay's microdermabrasion set or you can use the cheap apricot scrub, finish up with a facial mask. Remember a spa treatment is very important, if you have the money but if u dont, stick with this, they work pretty well.
6. Try an At-Home Microdermabrasion Kit:
Microdermabrasion is very important, you can get it done it in spa also but its pricey there. A session cost bout 9,500naira and u need to microdermabrase at least once a month.
But u can get d same wonderful spa result with at home microdermabrasion kits.
I use Olay Microdermabrasion and peel system, you can get dis at konga or jumia. Its about 7000naira and lasts for 16weeks or more if u use it once a week. You can also try Mary kay Microdermabrasion and serum 11,000naira.
7. Invest in Retin-A or Renova:
Retin-A is a miracle product and is worth every money u pay. It can clear every skin blemishes from acne to blackheads to blackspots and it cost around 2,000naira. The product is also a good anti-ageing and using it early in life wud save u a big stress when u get older. U need not consider Laser treatments, peels, facelifts to look younger, with Retin-A u'll always have dat youthful face.
Please dont use when u are pregnant and wear sunscreen when going outside or if u dont want to wear sunscreens, avoid SUN.
8. Forget about buying sunscreens:
Yea, pple say sun can damage ur skin and make u darker so u need to use sunscreen when going out. Pls sunscreens contain harmful chemicals and they donot protect u from sun 100% after one application, u keep applying it every 4hours to maintain its effectiveness. Pls save ur self the stress and forget sunscreen, just avoid da sun by using umbrella or any other stuff. Remember dat the sun contains free vitamin-D in the morning so be careful not to loose this free gift of nature when avoiding the sun.
How much is dove soap please? I am asking because I can't see it less than N900 on jumia and most stores I know sell it for N300. This is making me to wonder if it is the fake that sells for N300.
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 27, 2020
ndidibabe:
How much is dove soap please? I am asking because I can't see it less than N900 on jumia and most stores I know sell it for N300. This is making me to wonder if it is the fake that sells for N300.

N300 is the normal price range.
Dont buy a single bar for 900 oo oh thats too much. Unless it is the 2 in 1 or 3 in 1.
But again it depends on the variety you saw on jumia and in the stores, different variety vas different prices.
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Emmzy201(m): 6:10pm On Aug 29, 2020
My face is oily and full of black spots because of the pimples I had previously
What do I do to clear them and have a clear face cry
Re: 8 Secrets To Saving A Ton Of Money On Your Skin by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 29, 2020
Emmzy201:
My face is oily and full of black spots because of the pimples I had previously
What do I do to clear them and have a clear face cry
honestly black spots will go away naturally or you could see a dermatologist. Dont waste your money on any face product, I confirmed they all don't work for black spot

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fashion School In Abuja And Kaduna / How To Make A Kojic Acid Soap (tutorial) / Treat Your Skin To Honey And Papaya Black Soap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.