Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,769 members, 7,831,476 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Nigerians' Mostly Used Acronyms,slangs And Their Meanings. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerians' Mostly Used Acronyms,slangs And Their Meanings. (2534 Views)

8 Common Academic Related Slangs In Nigerian Universities / 60 Acronyms You Might Not Know Their Meaning !!! / Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians' Mostly Used Acronyms,slangs And Their Meanings. by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 8:58am On Oct 28, 2015
Communication is key in any society and in a place like Nigeria where gisting(chatting) is the order of the day, some of us can't even do without gossiping. Both online and offline, we all commuicate. Nigerians are one of the largest users of the internet in recent times. In Nigeria, show me who isn't on whatsapp, bbm, or even 2go, to mention a few. While communicating, a lot of acronyms,shortcuts and slangs have been invented to keep chats more interesting and lively. I have chatted with some people who ask me questions like 'what's the meaning of that acronym you wrote?'. So, I decided to pick out a few to help some of us and they are listed below;
LOL - Laugh Out Loud
LMAO- Laughing My Ass Out (even girls whey no get ass dey use am, it is well o)
LWKMD- Laugh Wan Kill Me Die
LWTMB- Laugh Wan Tear My Belle/Bikini
TDB - Till Day Break
IDC - I Dey Come
IDGAF- I Don't Give A Bleep
BS - Bull Shitt
Gist - Chatting, talking or discussing
Chao - Food or To eat
Bar/Cheddah- Money
Olosho- Girls who trade sex for money
Maga - A guy that is foolish with his money especially towards ladies
Nak/Shine the Congo - To have sex(mostly used by guys)
STFU- Shut The Bleep Up
Gerrarahia- Get Out of Here (Credit: Francis Odega)
Jamb Question - A difficult or confusing question
Tokunbo - Second-hand good or fairly used item
Chick/Babe - Used to address girls
Orente- A very beautiful and charming lady
Bae/Boo- Used to address one's spouse
Pic (Pix) - Pic short form for Picture and Pix is the plural
SMH - Shaking My Head
Dickk/JT- John Thomas, means the male's private part

Kit-kat/pucccy/kpetus - The female's private part
Esp - Especially
(Him/She) Get Leg - To have connections
ASAP - As Soon As Possible
PMB - President Muhammadu Buhari
GEJ - Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
BH - Boko Haram
CD - ConDom
ABJ - Abuja
Barca/nyash - The backside of a lady
Flavour - Someone who is addicted to Beauty queens
BRB- Be Right Back
TTYL- Talk To You Later.

You can add yours.
Re: Nigerians' Mostly Used Acronyms,slangs And Their Meanings. by christinie(f): 9:11am On Oct 28, 2015
May you find work @ Op. Say amen.
Re: Nigerians' Mostly Used Acronyms,slangs And Their Meanings. by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 28, 2015
Mtcheeew.... They are not Nigerian jare

**Modified**

Lord, get me and this op a job
Re: Nigerians' Mostly Used Acronyms,slangs And Their Meanings. by Crystalclara(f): 9:33am On Oct 28, 2015
SirWere:
Mtcheeew.... They are not Nigerian jare

**Modified**

N me too sad

Lord, get me and this op a job

(1) (Reply)

10 Wonders Of The World You Didn’t Know About! No. / Oyo State Records Best WAEC Result In 18 Years / I Was Offered Admission. Jamb Caps..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.