Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

If You Were The President Of Nigeria, What Would Be Your Important Agenda - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Were The President Of Nigeria, What Would Be Your Important Agenda (3370 Views)

"Form A Political Party And Push Your Agenda" - APC Tells IPOB, MASSOB / BREAKING: An Igbo Man Wins Again As The President Of Gabon / I Will Be President Of Nigeria – Dino Melaye Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Were The President Of Nigeria, What Would Be Your Important Agenda by speedyGonzales: 10:17am On Oct 28, 2015
IF I WERE A PRESIDENT TODAY, I will declare emergency on power generation and security of lives and property, for the federal government to tackle and I will ask state government to focus on large scale agriculture development forget other things they are doing at the moment (except maybe Lagos)... (i.e states should build silos and cold storage facilities hooked up to solar panels that the rent out at subsidised rate to large scale farmers in Nigeria, also ensure each local government have access to mechanised farming equipments that rented out at a subsidized rate, then adding value to those food produce i.e large factories and plants that can package those products.). states who fail to show a tangible agricultural produce by 6 to 8 months will see the FG allocations slashed and given to states more willing to comply. in no time we will be feed the whole on Nigeria and West Africa.

I will also remove subsidy and give free malaria and typhoid treatments to all Nigerians. (so you will register at the nearest approved clinic in your area and go in there with you Nigerian ID card for treatment of typhoid and malaria for free).

I will create a national scholarship fund for the best Nigerian graduates to study in any country abroad and comeback and work within Nigeria. with the aim of train 10,000 of such people over 4 -6 years... so, infact i will open the scholarship to other West African countries but they all have to comeback and work for Nigerian schools for atleast five years.

For other projects that doesn't fall in my focus area's I will seek foreign investors, like build a train network to across Nigeria, build seaport on every major coastline in Nigeria and creating inland water ways and canals for transport as and alternative to rails.

Put stuff you will do to improve Nigeria and elaborate a little... don't write a textbook for us and don't say you will steal money.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, What Would Be Your Important Agenda by Austin4lif: 10:20am On Oct 28, 2015
I will listen to the igbos and make them feel at home. Nigeria will be great if we all agreed.

1 Like

Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, What Would Be Your Important Agenda by decatalyst(m): 10:21am On Oct 28, 2015
Food on the table of all my citizens.

They say "an hungry man is an angry man"

A means of meaningful lifelihood will also be a priority.

1 Like

Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, What Would Be Your Important Agenda by dialfa: 10:23am On Oct 28, 2015
travelling abroad
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, What Would Be Your Important Agenda by FacelessPatriot: 10:39am On Oct 28, 2015
very powerful thread. First i'l put in measures to ensure that i get the support of every tribe in Nigeria, nothing like 97% or 5%. Vigorously expand minning and agriculture. Diversify power generation with focus on solar and coal powered plants. Revive our indigeneous technology and formulate policies to empower our indigeneous technology. Set up thousands of small and medium scale business all over the country in partnership with state and local governments. Just to mention a few.
Concerning corruption, i'l partner with the legislators to make punishment for corrupt officials extremely stiff and by law Cases on corruption will be dealt with swiftly (3 weeks max.). My close friends like Amaechi(pun intended) won't be spared so that it can pass a strong message.
On security, i'l first of all, move to Russia and china to secure neccesary weapons, move all top military officers in the NE to the south, Send those in south to NE, Employ mercenaries who are answerable only to me to work with them, clear sambisa and all BH strong holds with civilian casualties at bearest minimum. Then i'll declare amnesty. On Fulani herdsmen, of course providing cattle ranch in every state is the solution. Any fulani cattle rearer found elsewhere will be arrested. While those who comply will be well taken care of as the contribute alot to our stomach infrastructural development

2 Likes

Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, What Would Be Your Important Agenda by mrvitalis(m): 10:41am On Oct 28, 2015
Resource control.. .. .. Our States have become too lazy. ... ..
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, What Would Be Your Important Agenda by speedyGonzales: 10:41am On Oct 28, 2015
hmm! a bit disappointing we, yell about government not working but we don't have any real ideas on how to improve it
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, What Would Be Your Important Agenda by Codedb2: 10:48am On Oct 28, 2015
I will kill all politicians from 70 yrs and above

Change our constitution
No ex military officer will contest any political position again
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, What Would Be Your Important Agenda by speedyGonzales: 10:51am On Oct 28, 2015
FacelessPatriot:
very powerful thread. First i'l put in measures to ensure that i get the support of every tribe in Nigeria, nothing like 97% or 5%. Vigorously expand minning and agriculture. Diversify power generation with focus on solar and coal powered plants. Revive our indigeneous technology and formulate policies to empower our indigeneous technology. Set up thousands of small and medium scale business all over the country in partnership with state and local governments. Just to mention a few

yah! I though... I will get alot of awesome responses from Nigerians on their vision for a better Nigeria, yours is one of the few good ones so far! i like it.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, What Would Be Your Important Agenda by bigass123(m): 10:53am On Oct 28, 2015
If I become the present... My first point of call is to sack dem Igbo feefle agitating for Biafra to go and NEVER come back. Yohwah! grin
On a serious note:
The next action is to ban all form of importation.. Give loans to SMEs and encourage manufacturing industries. Teach the country to be self sufficient and tighten border security. Cut government spending by at least 60% including salary of government officials. Make politics less attractive paving way people who truly want to serve. These are stringent measures that'll initially bring discomfort but in less than 5 years the country economy would stabilise and moving in an upward scale.

1 Like

Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, What Would Be Your Important Agenda by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 28, 2015
AGENDA IS EVEN BIG. MY AGENDA WILL HAVE SPECIFIC ACTIONS WHICH I WILL IMPLEMENT TO THE LETTER:

1. I will start with a massive Prison Project In all States. Each State will be in charge of its penitentiary. Each state will have a 5000 inmates capacity prison. And all prisons/prisoners will be productive. Producing goods and services into the Nigerian market.

2. I will make sure no state relies on the Federal Government for allocations. All states must develop and market their state resources.

3. There will be a federal and state police system with clear jurisdictions. 2.1 will be the minimum requirement to join the police force.

4. I will de-emphasize crude oil and focus on other exports. Agriculture, Tourism, Solid Minerals. States will be assisted to develop these.

5. Benefits and remuneration of government officials like senators, LGA Chairmen, Governors etc will be so small that you will really love to serve to get into Politics.

6. Improve the security surveillance system. A robust approach will be instituted. It will be a crime for any public building not to have a functional street camera.

7. Improve the police dispatch system. Minimum response time to any emergency will be 5 minutes!

8. All roads to be constructed must be constructed with side walks and proper drainage system to cater for at least 100 year return period floods. Any road approved for construction without side walks, drainage will be considered criminal. Any ministry of works staff/boss who reviews and approves such a road contract will be guilty of committing a crime. I will adopt development control for all areas, roads will be mapped, utility lines planned and building designs controlled. Per 4 square kilometers there must be a public park, shopping mall, emergency clinic, school, market and other services.

9. A suspect convicted of rape will get life sentence. without parole! All states will determine their age for a minor. In the south I will encourage any age below 18 to be a minor. Anyone who marries any minor is guilty of a crime. The North can make theirs 10 years.

10. There will be a patent system for inventors in Nigeria.

little little stuff like these..Infact, make I no even start.... angry angry angry angry

Usually I am too mean when I lead.

1 Like

Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, What Would Be Your Important Agenda by bigboss80s(m): 11:28am On Oct 28, 2015
dabriggs:
AGENDA IS EVEN BIG. MY AGENDA WILL HAVE SPECIFIC ACTIONS WHICH I WILL IMPLEMENT TO THE LETTER:

1. I will start with a massive Prison Project In all States. Each State will be in charge of its penitentiary. Each state will have a 5000 inmates capacity prison. And all prisons/prisoners will be productive. Producing goods and services into the Nigerian market.

2. I will make sure no state relies on the Federal Government for allocations. All states must develop and market their state resources.

3. There will be a federal and state police system with clear jurisdictions. 2.1 will be the minimum requirement to join the police force.

4. I will de-emphasize crude oil and focus on other exports. Agriculture, Tourism, Solid Minerals. States will be assisted to develop these.

5. Benefits and remuneration of government officials like senators, LGA Chairmen, Governors etc will be so small that you will really love to serve to get into Politics.

6. Improve the security surveillance system. A robust approach will be instituted. It will be a crime for any public building not to have a functional street camera.

7. Improve the police dispatch system. Minimum response time to any emergency will be 5 minutes!

8. All roads to be constructed must be constructed with side walks and proper drainage system to cater for at least 100 year return period floods. Any road approved for construction without side walks, drainage will be considered criminal. Any ministry of works staff/boss who reviews and approves such a road contract will be guilty of committing a crime. I will adopt development control for all areas, roads will be mapped, utility lines planned and building designs controlled. Per 4 square kilometers there must be a public park, shopping mall, emergency clinic, school, market and other services.

9. A suspect convicted of rape will get life sentence. without parole! All states will determine their age for a minor. In the south I will encourage any age below 18 to be a minor. Anyone who marries any minor is guilty of a crime. The North can make theirs 10 years.

10. There will be a patent system for inventors in Nigeria.

little little stuff like these..Infact, make I no even start.... angry angry angry angry

Usually I am too mean when I lead.

I like this
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, What Would Be Your Important Agenda by Doshmynthrill(m): 11:58pm On Nov 20, 2015
speedyGonzales:
IF I WERE A PRESIDENT TODAY, I will declare emergency on power generation and security of lives and property, for the federal government to tackle and I will ask state government to focus on large scale agriculture development forget other things they are doing at the moment (except maybe Lagos)... (i.e states should build silos and cold storage facilities hooked up to solar panels that the rent out at subsidised rate to large scale farmers in Nigeria, also ensure each local government have access to mechanised farming equipments that rented out at a subsidized rate, then adding value to those food produce i.e large factories and plants that can package those products.). states who fail to show a tangible agricultural produce by 6 to 8 months will see the FG allocations slashed and given to states more willing to comply. in no time we will be feed the whole on Nigeria and West Africa.

I will also remove subsidy and give free malaria and typhoid treatments to all Nigerians. (so you will register at the nearest approved clinic in your area and go in there with you Nigerian ID card for treatment of typhoid and malaria for free).

I will create a national scholarship fund for the best Nigerian graduates to study in any country abroad and comeback and work within Nigeria. with the aim of train 10,000 of such people over 4 -6 years... so, infact i will open the scholarship to other West African countries but they all have to comeback and work for Nigerian schools for atleast five years.

For other projects that doesn't fall in my focus area's I will seek foreign investors, like build a train network to across Nigeria, build seaport on every major coastline in Nigeria and creating inland water ways and canals for transport as and alternative to rails.

Put stuff you will do to improve Nigeria and elaborate a little... don't write a textbook for us and don't say you will steal money.

You always copy articles and then paste them in this forum and then put a link to the original article att the bottom! what a fücking loser

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders We Need Ur Prayers In Taraba State This Night / Goodbye Fayose As Election Results Point To Fayemi / I'm British, Saraki's Wife Tells Seychelles' Investigators Probing Alleged Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.