Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,993 members, 7,859,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 02:46 PM

Here Are Some Of The Best Punchlines From Ministerial Nominee Okechukwu Enelamah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Here Are Some Of The Best Punchlines From Ministerial Nominee Okechukwu Enelamah (705 Views)

Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria / Buhari Urges Okechukwu Enelamah To Join Cabinet / Profile Of Okechukwu Enelamah - Ministerial Nominee For Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Here Are Some Of The Best Punchlines From Ministerial Nominee Okechukwu Enelamah by segello: 4:02pm On Oct 28, 2015
On investment, Okechukwu Enelamah said: “We need to invest in hard and soft infrastructure.”

On unemployment: “Our youths should be getting training that can make them equipped. The most important a young man needs to get is skill.”

On national growth: “All growth are not equal, there is growth and there are growths. The potential of this country is enormous.”

“We are facing challenging times in this nation. We need shared visions.”

His Promise: ‘I will work tirelessly in collaboration with other stakeholders in building a Nigeria of our dreams.”

On Job creation: Enelamah says: “We need to build an economy that is all-inclusive, an economy that will create jobs.” “Me and my generation have benefited so much from the nation and it’s time to give back.”

Enelamah on tax payment: “We need to have a responsible government that will create a relationship with the people. The tax we collect in this country is quite small

On The Budget: “We should budget for what we can spend and spend what we have. The key is transparency and accountability.”

On Investment: “We need to create room for local investors to invest and give opportunity for Local entrepreneurs. Foreign investors don’t invest because our local investors don’t invest in Nigeria. It’s sends a wrong message.”

On The Naira: “There is a difference between Interest rate and Currency rate. One of the reasons why interests rates are high is because of the Currency.”

Still on Investment: “We need to signal that we are friendly to investors to create an enabling environment. Most people will only invest in places where they are sure to get returns. I believe we can attract investment.”

Enelamah says: “To have an enabling environment, we need to have a clear vision of what we want.”

Concerning Power: “We need collaboration to solve the power problem.”

On Nation Development: “No nation develops on its own, its paramount that an environment is attractive for investors to invest.”

Enelamah on Foreign Exchange Policy: “We need to look at the policies that will foster inclusive growth. You have to create an enabling environment to export.”

On the Private and Public Sector : “I’m a greater believer of the partnership that can occur in the private and public sector. The Private Sector wants profit & Public Sector wants service to the people, I believe they can coexist.”
more on....http://nairametrics.com/here-are-some-of-the-best-punchlines-from-ministerial-nominee-okechukwu-eyinna-enelamah/
Re: Here Are Some Of The Best Punchlines From Ministerial Nominee Okechukwu Enelamah by ademoladeji(m): 4:05pm On Oct 28, 2015
HMMM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Here Are Some Of The Best Punchlines From Ministerial Nominee Okechukwu Enelamah by kahal29: 4:11pm On Oct 28, 2015
I watched his screening. The guy is quite good but l don't think he has strong economic background. He will be a better trade and investment minister than a finance cos of his poor background in economics.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Poised To Become Africa’s Automobile Hub-pwc / Breaking News:- U.s Sending Troops To Syria / APC Accuses PDP Govt Of Fraud, Says Price Cut Too Meagre - Lai Mohammed Jan 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.