Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,474 members, 7,836,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Gunners Fan Hangs Himself After United Victory - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunners Fan Hangs Himself After United Victory (812 Views)

Buhari's Trekker Hangs Himself (photo) / Fayose Hangs Out With Market Women In Ekiti (Photos) / Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunners Fan Hangs Himself After United Victory by REALTRUTH1: 12:25pm On May 07, 2009
An Arsenal fan hung himself following his team's 4-1 aggregate drubbing by arch-rivals Manchester United in the Champions League semi-final, police said.

Empics

Arsenal lost 3-1 to United in the second leg of their semi-final tie.
Suleiman Alphonso Omondi, a 29-year-old Kenyan living in the capital Nairobi's Embakasi neighbourhood, hanged himself in his Arsenal shirt after the match.

"We were watching the match at Bamba 70 pub, and when Arsenal was defeated, Suleiman just walked out in protest and he was crying," Calvin Otieno, one of his friends, said.

"We didn't know he was going to hang himself until this morning when we received the reports and came here to find his body at the balcony," Otieno said outside the deceased's home.

Arsenal slumped to a 3-1 defeat at home in the second leg of the Champions League semi-final, capping a disappointing season for the Gunners who were already out of the Premier League title race early in the season.
check the links: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=643825&&cc=5901
Re: Gunners Fan Hangs Himself After United Victory by ElRazur: 12:30pm On May 07, 2009
Are you so stupid that you do not know the difference between Politics and Sports section?
Re: Gunners Fan Hangs Himself After United Victory by REALTRUTH1: 12:32pm On May 07, 2009
Can some body out there believe this? But it truly happened,,I have heard of cases where people engaged in fight after watching some of these foreign football matches and ended up killing one another.
Does it have to get to this point
Re: Gunners Fan Hangs Himself After United Victory by REALTRUTH1: 12:36pm On May 07, 2009
ElRazur:

Are you so stupid that you do not know the difference between Politics and Sports section?
Its so sad that you could degenerate to this point! Why do you feel it has to be sports section because its football?Football is the remore curse of the suicide and the issue here is crime,,someone killed himself because of an international game,,,this fits into sports,crime and politics!
Now the question is who is stupid btw you and I? I really don't have to join issues with you,,,cos you have just exhibited what defines your person.
Re: Gunners Fan Hangs Himself After United Victory by sleekp1: 12:39pm On May 07, 2009
I hate to agree with ElRazur, but this should be in the sports section though the language used is typical of ElRazur.
Re: Gunners Fan Hangs Himself After United Victory by ElRazur: 12:40pm On May 07, 2009
A quick search shows there is already two threads on this in the sports section. How hard is it to post this in the right section? Or perhaps do a search? If you do not want to be called stupid, please do not act like one. smiley
Re: Gunners Fan Hangs Himself After United Victory by REALTRUTH1: 12:49pm On May 07, 2009
ElRazur:

A quick search shows there is already two threads on this in the sports section. How hard is it to post this in the right section? Or perhaps do a search? If you do not want to be called stupid, please do not act like one. smiley
You know what? Am too matured to get involved in discussion with ur kind of person, sleek_p above just gave a clue of what manner of person you are,,but I think somebody else would give a more vivid description of I think you are! I have an idea of what manner of personality traits you are exhibiting but it just would'nt be me that would tell you cos ve gone past that stage in life. The fact that you sit behind the computer does not make you not to have a control over ur choice of words,,,you would get to a point soon when you would be called exactly what you are!
Re: Gunners Fan Hangs Himself After United Victory by blacksta(m): 12:52pm On May 07, 2009
This particular thread already appears about 7 different times in the sport sections

@ poster  - you must be very slow.  grin
Re: Gunners Fan Hangs Himself After United Victory by ElRazur: 12:54pm On May 07, 2009
REAL TRUTH:

You know what? Am too matured to get involved in discussion with ur kind of person, sleek_p above just gave a clue of what manner of person you are,,but I think somebody else would give a more vivid description of I think you are! I have an idea of what manner of personality traits you are exhibiting but it just would'nt be me that would tell you cos ve gone past that stage in life. The fact that you sit behind the computer does not make you not to have a control over ur choice of words,,,you would get to a point soon when you would be called exactly what you are!

Translation please. undecided

Look this is a "long thing". Next time post your "breaking news" in the right section. How hard is that?
Re: Gunners Fan Hangs Himself After United Victory by Lagosboy: 1:03pm On May 07, 2009
This is a real shame , i am a die hard gunner but this is taking football support to another low level. Nicklas Bentdner went clubbing till early morning and Here is this kenyan who probably has never seen North london hanging himself for nothing. shame shame and just a shame
Re: Gunners Fan Hangs Himself After United Victory by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 07, 2009
Lagosboy:

This is a real shame , i am a die hard gunner but this is taking football support to another low level. Nicklas Bentdner went clubbing till early morning and Here is this kenyan who probably has never seen North london hanging himself for nothing. shame shame and just a shame

Lol
Re: Gunners Fan Hangs Himself After United Victory by Eziachi: 10:55am On May 08, 2009
World's over population, especially the inept and stupid ones needs PRUNNING anyway. I bet the idiot knew where any of the Kenyan teams play their games but had committed suicide over a team he will never touch his feet on their ground, except what he sees on TV.
Re: Gunners Fan Hangs Himself After United Victory by hoeyeadoe: 6:22pm On May 08, 2009
A complete idiot he is, i bet those players had fun even on that night.wasted his life for fun, he would have left a legacy had he worked and starved to death for 2 people in his family to enjoy comfortable wealth for 2 months. May his soul rest in any peace.
Re: Gunners Fan Hangs Himself After United Victory by Kbcrown: 6:42pm On May 08, 2009
Quite unfortune 4 Gunners Fans, but Gunners Fans knw perfectly dt they ar not up to the task. So, for ur manager I things he is gambling with some important matches which is for the bitter rivals. For the departed souls of Gunners from CL and the one who died in Kenya, take my condolence. pls, dont cry
Re: Gunners Fan Hangs Himself After United Victory by redsun(m): 6:48pm On May 08, 2009
Ode,he deserves to die.
Re: Gunners Fan Hangs Himself After United Victory by blacksta(m): 7:07pm On May 08, 2009
Every body jumping into conclusion as usual . Hearing one side of  the story .  What if the  guy sold all  his family land, sold the father and mother house , taken a loan or sold his car to place a large bet on Arsenal winning the UCL. I am not justifying suicide but all hope was lost when Man utd scored two goals in 11 minutes.
Re: Gunners Fan Hangs Himself After United Victory by redsun(m): 7:34pm On May 08, 2009
Just misplaced priorities which ever way you see it,crazy about any thing foreign,while  they have it in their hands.Football is an english tradition,they gave it to the world,just like commercial and brain drain christianity,

What is our tradition that the world wants to copy?.
Re: Gunners Fan Hangs Himself After United Victory by oderemo(m): 7:44pm On May 08, 2009
here we go again. well i think arsene self-servicer should be the one to hang. paid £50.00 to watch that rubbish .2 goals in eleven Min's. shame.
Re: Gunners Fan Hangs Himself After United Victory by redsun(m): 8:22pm On May 08, 2009
The book of the dead is for the living.History will continue to repeat itself and the unfortunate thing is that every generation have just a life time.
Re: Gunners Fan Hangs Himself After United Victory by REALTRUTH1: 1:27pm On May 10, 2009
redsun:

The book of the dead is for the living.History will continue to repeat itself and the unfortunate thing is that every generation have just a life time.
Guy that is so true! The amazing thing here is that how could someone degenerate to this point over a game,,,its such an unbelievable scenerio
Re: Gunners Fan Hangs Himself After United Victory by IFELEKE(m): 2:16pm On May 10, 2009
Lagosboy:

Exactly!
But I really don't think the death was solely caused by the defeat, We all know Kenya is a struggling/crumbling economy and it won't be out of place if we attribute his death to that.
I mean,He had nothing to live for so he opted for the next option.

. . .I don't know why the moderator didn't move this thread to the sports section. . .totally out of place here

(1) (Reply)

Irate Youths Attack Gov In Zaria / Militants Dares Obama / Joint Operation Opc And Mend To Take Over The Patrol Of Nigeria Oilfield

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.