Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

"MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" (27685 Views)

Mtn In Another $4.2 Bn Mess / MTN In Fresh Trouble, Fined $8.5million / N1.4trn Penalty Too Heavy To Bear – MTN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" by Lilimax(f): 7:57am On Oct 29, 2015
MTN! issorite embarassed
Re: "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" by Rich4god(m): 7:58am On Oct 29, 2015
Make them convert the fine to one year free data for all Nigerians...
Re: "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 29, 2015
Mistermamus:
Milking us dry yeye network. Fine or no fine dey still have there way

"Their way"

2 Likes

Re: "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" by lekan29ice(m): 7:59am On Oct 29, 2015
shocked
Re: "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" by Ayanko(m): 7:59am On Oct 29, 2015
They must pay. Yeye south Africans treating other blacks like out cast.

1 Like

Re: "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" by malton: 7:59am On Oct 29, 2015
MosquitoLaps:
I know they're misbehaving, but trillions?! Haba! That's too much for a fine na. You want to chase away potential foreign investors?
In fact, NCC must be probed!
They didn't just call out the amount. It's a penalty based on 200,000 naira ($1,000) for each of 5.1 million cellphone SIM cards that had not been registered and should have been disconnected by an August deadline. Now, do the maths.

5 Likes

Re: "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 29, 2015
I still see NCC as corrupt and incompetent regardless.

2 Likes

Re: "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" by kechywillz(m): 8:00am On Oct 29, 2015
haba! that fine is too much

1 Like

Re: "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" by goshen26: 8:01am On Oct 29, 2015
Give back to d community..... CDS

3 Likes

Re: "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" by jewelbaby55(f): 8:02am On Oct 29, 2015
Serves them right. I hardly load my MTN because of fear of reduction. Even if I do I use it quickly if not I won't see it again.

3 Likes

Re: "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" by eluquenson(m): 8:04am On Oct 29, 2015
I know it's Nigerian subscribers that will pay the fine invariably.

Emptyhen go hear am this time, their cup don full.
Re: "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" by hopilo: 8:04am On Oct 29, 2015
Make I go change from MTN now, because na customer head them to use pay this fine ooo.

1 Like

Re: "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" by richeeyo(m): 8:05am On Oct 29, 2015
That's just too small,compare to those days they sold simcard for 40k,and you must load 1k card every week to avoid been disconnected. David mark once said mobile phone is note for the poor

2 Likes

Re: "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" by naijathings(m): 8:06am On Oct 29, 2015
Creamz:
NCC who will these monies go to wyen you eventually win the case. Cos i want my share

dont mind NCC they are trying to punish MTN for not getting the 4G license from them. we know the matter.
Re: "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 29, 2015
Stop wasting your money loading mtn line anymore if not you will regret loading your mtn line
They will swallow the money.
My experience with MTN is bad.
Pls stoping loading MTN

2 Likes

Re: "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" by 400billionman: 8:11am On Oct 29, 2015
That amount is outrageous. Like 5 to 10 years annual profit.
Re: "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" by eagleonearth(m): 8:15am On Oct 29, 2015
[b]MTN should pay that fine. This is a way of also getting a fraction out of the fortunes this telecom giant is carting away from nigeria. I bet there must have been other operators who failed to meet the deadline but the fact remains that MTN is so much hated by every well-meaning nigerian. MTN is an unscrupulous thief. Remember the days of "send go to 33.." and 100 will disappear just like dt. After the re-registration of my sim recently, they credited 500 to me which I could not check the balance. That airtime could not call up to 4mins and got exhausted. I can go on and on to state how this operator has dealt with Nigerians like me. If not for the popularity and engagement of my line which have lasted for over 11 yrs, I would have ported a long time ago.
Re: "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" by 400billionman: 8:15am On Oct 29, 2015
kullozone:
Nice one... I get bad belle for mtn.

They be clearing people's airtime to enable pay the fine
Mtcheew... With yeye customer service that can never solve any problem.

They cleared my airtime last week too.
Re: "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" by mekonglobal(m): 8:16am On Oct 29, 2015
Hmmmm Nsogbu di!--there is fire on the mountain....
Re: "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" by OlujobaSamuel: 8:18am On Oct 29, 2015
if 200k is not much for a sim, then the fine is not much in my own view. We have about 6 or 7network providers(cdma inclusive) why is mtn having such ridiculous number of noncompliance. Make them even add interest for non payment of fine as and when due.
Customers no fit bear the brunt, people don dey quit already, more will follow if the service no dey ok, all they can do is to introduce premium service that those interested in showing off will pay for. The regular call will remain the same because other networks are there for use if the cost becomes unbearable.
As for me, no caller tunes, no 1wk package, all I do is recharge, make calls or send text, I don't even like using it to browse cuz I know mtn is full of stories that touch.

2 Likes

Re: "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" by OlayinkaM1(m): 8:22am On Oct 29, 2015
Another reason to fine their customers.... grin
Re: "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" by Smartresult(f): 8:22am On Oct 29, 2015
The poster below me is angry
Re: "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" by teejay1408(m): 8:22am On Oct 29, 2015
For more internet business that could earn you money visit
Orelartungy.
Re: "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" by yomalex(m): 8:25am On Oct 29, 2015
sats:
buhari: money for one third of our 2016 budget don set, their father
confirm grin

1 Like

Re: "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" by Kx: 8:25am On Oct 29, 2015
400billionman:
That amount is outrageous. Like 5 to 10 years annual profit.
When empty hen was selling one sim card for over N40,000 at the initial stage was it not outrageous?

The same sim card telecom ops now dash us 2 for free and we still reject.

3 Likes

Re: "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 29, 2015
Chidexter:
Hmmm.

Na we go suffer am o.

Make i quickly port
my people perish for lack of knowledge. We have no alternative for Dstv and mtn yet we are daring the South Africans. Shoprite, Standard Chartered- should I continue? A trade war with SA can't augur well for our nomadic economy o. pls make una warn the herdsman o!!!!!
Re: "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" by wahyahsay(m): 8:27am On Oct 29, 2015
jewelbaby55:
Serves them right. I hardly load my MTN because of fear of reduction. Even if I do I use it quickly if not I won't see it again.
hi..the lady in black top.
Re: "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" by halix239(f): 8:29am On Oct 29, 2015
yeye network, mayb if dem broke for sum time, dey go dey respect costumers, thiefy thiefy network
Re: "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" by kullozone(m): 8:29am On Oct 29, 2015
400billionman:

They cleared my airtime last week too.

My 730 naira. I called their customer care and no explanation was given then they stopped picking my calls.
Re: "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" by Danny1974: 8:30am On Oct 29, 2015
The worst network in Nigeria
Re: "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" by Mboi: 8:32am On Oct 29, 2015
When the issue of Sim registration came out, so many Nigerians were skeptical about it. Some said it will be used for election, some refused to go register. Some bought already registered sims, some gave people to register for them with fake or incomplete addresses, unknown image and so on. When MTN tried to educate them the need to register properly, many customers complained that MTN does not have the right to force them to give them their data, that after using their lines for years, MTN is threatening them with disconnection for failure to disclose their data for them. From there a lot of people started shouting FRAUD by MTN. So they decided to let their customers be.

Now all of a sudden, NCC now mandated all network providers to disconnect every line that was not properly registered by August. Messages, calls were put across to mtn customers who did not register properly but many turned it down saying it's a disturbance. Why would mtn ask them to leave their businesses to go and start registering line again after they have done it before years back. With this, a lot of people didn't go for proper registration as at the August deadline and threatend to sue MTN if their lines are disconnected.
So as it is now, MTN is facing this huge penalty because in a way, she was being fair to her customers. It will be a great hit on Nigeria businesses when you wake up one morning and noticed that about 5million lines have been disconnected, keeping ur business, all your contacts gone. I think NCC should be fair to Nigerians in discharging their so called duties.
Re: "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" by teejay1408(m): 8:38am On Oct 29, 2015
Here am making 1k daily for just writing reviews on business,products and movies from Nigeria.
Follow the link below to be a part of it
http://www.mnr.com.ng/RegisterC.aspx?rid=4839

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mobile Phone Voice Changer Software Needed / Glo Launches 'Glo Bolt' Super-fast Internet Modem / Infinix Hot 10T (65,400) Vs TECNO Spark 7p (60,900) Which Should U Buy? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.