Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

SS Not Interested In A Separate Country With Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SS Not Interested In A Separate Country With Igbos (1135 Views)

If Nigeria Breaks Up, Abuja Will Be A Separate Country – Sumner Shagari Sambo / Hausas Clash With Igbos In Akowa, Imo State - Graphic Photos / PDP, APC Senators In A Separate Meetings Over Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SS Not Interested In A Separate Country With Igbos by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 29, 2015
Hello Fellow Igbos,

I got my greatest shock a few days ago. A good friend of mine, well educated, well to do and from Akwa Ibom rubbished Igbos due to Biafra movement. To my greatest surprise, all his friends from SS stood with him. His grouse :

1. Old Eastern region had Calabar as its capital but was later moved to Enugu and Umuahia because Igbos felt they were superior to their Efik kith and kin.

2. Biafra was declared without consulting them. Biafra soldiers (Igbos) invaded their villages putting them to undue hardship. They believed they were occupied.

3. Biafra war was subsequently sabotaged by SS because of reasons mentioned above.

4. Igbos lost millions of lives as a result

5. Their forefathers had already told them what we did.

6. Igbos are currently sabotaging SS because of their support for Jonathan on previous elections and want to lump them into Biafra as we did before.

7. Nigerian intervention and subsequent victory in the war was a liberation for them the SS.

My friends that lump SS in Biafra map, especially non-igbo regions in SS ( Ijaw, Ibibio, Itsekiri, etc), you need to rethink. A single sabotage will spoil everything.

Finally, let's work together and make our politicians accountable. We need to protest for bad roads and other infrastructure in SE. May be in future, we propose for a peaceful breakaway via referendum. Let us concentrate in building our land for future. We are a blessed people. Despite the war, we bounced back very quickly. In terms of HDI ( human development index), other regions are trailing behind us. Against all odds, we remain indomitable.

I remain an unapologetic Igbo son and have no grouses against other tribes in Nigeria. Live and let live !

3 Likes

Re: SS Not Interested In A Separate Country With Igbos by rusher14: 1:22pm On Oct 29, 2015
No Victor no vanquished.
Re: SS Not Interested In A Separate Country With Igbos by mofayodeyahoo: 1:29pm On Oct 29, 2015
You just ment igbo problem now, many of them naturally expect other tribal to be thier slaves.
Igbo man Want to use Yoruba land as battle ground to fight Gowon a northerner haba!
They accuse-abuse other major tribes, forget ibo is weakest easy to predict politically.
Now struggle to claim No 3. In Nigeria politics

2 Likes

Re: SS Not Interested In A Separate Country With Igbos by sandraokosun1: 1:35pm On Oct 29, 2015
watch as ur brothers disown u and call u yoruba. Curses coming.That word u just said is their greatest fear! Many cries

Re: SS Not Interested In A Separate Country With Igbos by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 29, 2015
Lol grin
biafra giving some jobless peeps sleepless nights since the days of imo river. grin

5 Likes

Re: SS Not Interested In A Separate Country With Igbos by Coolabbie: 1:48pm On Oct 29, 2015
Is dat not what I have been saying?
Yet some fôols will open their pit and accuse me of being yoruba.
Any Akwa -Ibomite that supports biafra has been brain-washed
Re: SS Not Interested In A Separate Country With Igbos by brize(m): 1:50pm On Oct 29, 2015
I thought some people said that Nnamdi Kanu is a scammer and a fraud, why are that same people afraid of the name Nnamdi kanu & Biafra? Or has he scammed us all?

7 Likes

Re: SS Not Interested In A Separate Country With Igbos by feldido(m): 1:54pm On Oct 29, 2015
All you said is true, It was Isaac Boro(IJAW) the federal government used in fighting the biafrans off the coast.
We were slaves to the biafran soldiers. Reasons we won't join them.

1 Like

Re: SS Not Interested In A Separate Country With Igbos by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 29, 2015
mofayodeyahoo:
You just ment igbo problem now, many of them naturally expect other tribal to be thier slaves.
Igbo man Want to use Yoruba land as battle ground to fight Gowon a northerner haba!
They accuse-abuse other major tribes, forget ibo is weakest easy to predict politically.
Now struggle to claim No 3. In Nigeria politics
I don't look to the President to provide my needs, with God's blessing, I forge ahead. If we consolidate our Governors to perform rightly, we will move ahead with speed of light. We don't need presidency or appointments to succeed as a people. Nobody is competing with you. This thread is not for you. People often mistake hardwork and blessing as pride. Nobody wants to enslave you. If you work hard and get blessed, you live like a King.

1 Like

Re: SS Not Interested In A Separate Country With Igbos by januzaj(m): 2:02pm On Oct 29, 2015
ahaaaaa....op is a yolober.
Re: SS Not Interested In A Separate Country With Igbos by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 29, 2015
Coolabbie:
Is dat not what I have been saying?
Yet some fôols will open their pit and accuse me of being yoruba.
Any Akwa -Ibomite that supports biafra has been brain-washed
Be it known to you, it will be very difficult for SS to achieve independence without Igbos , Igbos can successfully move on without SS. During the war, we were pretty independent building bombs, guns , etc. Without Russian help, Biafra would have remained despite SS sabotage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SS Not Interested In A Separate Country With Igbos by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 29, 2015
januzaj:
ahaaaaa....op is a yolober.
smiley . stop deluding urself and listen to advice.
Re: SS Not Interested In A Separate Country With Igbos by Chiaka(f): 2:12pm On Oct 29, 2015
Ojukwu was barely 35 years in the first struggle it may not have been the best arranged war but his intentions where not out of place, doesn't mean we should now seat and allow ourselves deep in mediocrity. He time has passed now is ours we can better do it. Nigeria either has to be renegotiated or people part ways otherwise growth will be difficult

3 Likes

Re: SS Not Interested In A Separate Country With Igbos by RisingSun1: 2:40pm On Oct 29, 2015
ABSOLUTELY RUBBISH!

All you are saying is that SS is not not with us in Biafra?

Okay let's have Biafra and let SS form Niger Delta Republic.

I prefer Biafra & Niger Delta as free countries than to remain in this DAMNABLE ZOOLOGICAL REPUBLIC CALLED NIGERIA.

Who and you dey do development of igboland under Nigeria??

Nigeria is not just a demonic contraption;Nigeria is a cursed damnation!

2 Likes

Re: SS Not Interested In A Separate Country With Igbos by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 29, 2015
brize:
I thought some people said that Nnamdi Kanu is a scammer and a fraud, why are that same people afraid of the name Nnamdi kanu & Biafra? Or has he scammed us all?
Nnamdi Kanu spews hate and capable of destabilising peace in Alaigbo. Anaghi agwa ochi nti na ahia esule. Onye Mara asu , osuo n'odo, imaghi asu , suo n'ala. Nnamdi abughi Uzo. Okwesiri icheghari. A word is enough for the wise. I have worked in Bayelsa, Akwaibom, Delta, Rivers , Cross river . I can authoritatively tell you that they don't support Biafra. In fact SS don't even know what they want.
Re: SS Not Interested In A Separate Country With Igbos by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 29, 2015
When ships are down, Yorubas will understand that this is 2015 not 1967. Digging out old event won't solve Nigeria problems. One Nigeria can't work in this jet age. Wonder why Biafra is always giving Yorubas high blood pressure. Did Scotland fight a war with UK to vote in referendum to seek for self determination. Few SS people is against Biafra because they don't want another war, but when UN allow referendum in former old eastern Nigeria that is when Yoruba eyes go clear, because no sane akwa ibom person will like to remain in Nigeria, the oil they have none of them own an oil well, northerners own all the oil well in akwa ibom. In Biafra every state own it own oil or resources, manage it and pay tax to central government just like US, UK, Germany etc No state in Biafra will depend on another state resources

1 Like

Re: SS Not Interested In A Separate Country With Igbos by kingzizzy: 2:48pm On Oct 29, 2015
excel234:
Hello Fellow Igbos,

I got my greatest shock a few days ago. A good friend of mine, well educated, well to do and from Akwa Ibom rubbished Igbos due to Biafra movement. To my greatest surprise, all his friends from SS stood with him. His grouse :

1. Old Eastern region had Calabar as its capital but was later moved to Enugu and Umuahia because Igbos felt they were superior to their Efik kith and kin.

2. Biafra was declared without consulting them. Biafra soldiers (Igbos) invaded their villages putting them to undue hardship. They believed they were occupied.

3. Biafra war was subsequently sabotaged by SS because of reasons mentioned above.

4. Igbos lost millions of lives as a result

5. Their forefathers had already told them what we did.

6. Igbos are currently sabotaging SS because of their support for Jonathan on previous elections and want to lump them into Biafra as we did before.

7. Nigerian intervention and subsequent victory in the war was a liberation for them the SS.

My friends that lump SS in Biafra map, especially non-igbo regions in SS ( Ijaw, Ibibio, Itsekiri, etc), you need to rethink. A single sabotage will spoil everything.

Finally, let's work together and make our politicians accountable. We need to protest for bad roads and other infrastructure in SE. May be in future, we propose for a peaceful breakaway via referendum. Let us concentrate in building our land for future. We are a blessed people. Despite the war, we bounced back very quickly. In terms of HDI ( human development index), other regions are trailing behind us. Against all odds, we remain indomitable.

I remain an unapologetic Igbo son and have no grouses against other tribes in Nigeria. Live and let live !

Two things. Ojukwu consulted everybody before declaring Biafra. Googke the Eastern Nigeria consultative forum and read where all the Chiefs of what you now call 'SS' mandated Ojukwu to declare Biafra. I will even attach it here for anyone who doubts.

Why can you build your land in Biafra? Why must it be in Nigeria? Didbt your people survive before there was anything called Nigeria?

Iberibe bu oria

5 Likes

Re: SS Not Interested In A Separate Country With Igbos by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 29, 2015
You need to develop ur land my friend. SS will wholeheartedly accept a United Kingdom of Biafra and Niger Delta from their disposition. Each region independent and united only in military. They need each other to succeed, unfortunately they keep fighting each other.
Re: SS Not Interested In A Separate Country With Igbos by Coolabbie: 3:11pm On Oct 29, 2015
excel234:
Be it known to you, it will be very difficult for SS to achieve independence without Igbos , Igbos can successfully move on without SS. During the war, we were pretty independent building bombs, guns , etc. Without Russian help, Biafra would have remained despite SS sabotage.
Then go ahead and leave on your own.
Stop dragging us into your union.
We say we no want, na by force?
Re: SS Not Interested In A Separate Country With Igbos by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 29, 2015
Op be it as it may you shouldn't conclude like that...
There are igbos indigent in SS...
We have our kins also there...

Forming SS nation can never in this world be realised...
So no need thinking about it.
Besides SS is not a name used in identifying people....
It doesn't make sense...

By the time non_Igbo ethnic group living in SS understands that Biafra is their solution it might be too late...
Biafra doors can never be open at the same time begging you to enter.
Besides what's open can be shut too...
A word they say is enough for the wise....
Re: SS Not Interested In A Separate Country With Igbos by Maxi112: 3:35pm On Oct 29, 2015
Am from the SS I support biafra with all my hart in fact biafra is not just a country to me, biafra is my religion that is where I worship... If u like call me a fool, who care! Yoruba stop disturbing ur selfs for d SS cause we no who our brothers are, SHM!
Re: SS Not Interested In A Separate Country With Igbos by mofayodeyahoo: 3:35pm On Oct 29, 2015
Don't be annoyed.
Re: SS Not Interested In A Separate Country With Igbos by mofayodeyahoo: 3:45pm On Oct 29, 2015
Don't be annoyed.
Average man expect a successful man to live a royal lifestyle.
No complain & no wailing.

many of the successful men u are talkin about are jealous, and thier followers are embittered
Re: SS Not Interested In A Separate Country With Igbos by brize(m): 4:59pm On Oct 29, 2015
excel234:
Nnamdi Kanu spews hate and capable of destabilising peace in Alaigbo. Anaghi agwa ochi nti na ahia esule. Onye Mara asu , osuo n'odo, imaghi asu , suo n'ala. Nnamdi abughi Uzo. Okwesiri icheghari. A word is enough for the wise. I have worked in Bayelsa, Akwaibom, Delta, Rivers , Cross river . I can authoritatively tell you that they don't support Biafra. In fact SS don't even know what they want.
ok dear until then

(1) (Reply)

40 Per Cent Of 2016 Budget May Go To Capital Projects / Should EFCC Arrest Jonathan And Iweala? / Shocking! BMW Cars Reduced To 340 Million As Against 3.63billion In Old Budget.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.