Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,054 members, 7,821,628 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) (132980 Views)

How To Check JAMB Online Admission Status 2014/2015 / Jamb Online Registration 2012/13 Now On: Click Here To Apply / (NECO GCE 2010 TIMETABLE ) and Online Registration get update here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) by U1(m): 3:49pm On Feb 03, 2008
Please can someone help here. I've been trying to do a registration on the JAMB site but the pix has been rejected repeatedly despite the fact that it is JPEG format. I get messages like "Invalid format". Please help.
Re: 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) by U1(m): 6:09pm On Feb 03, 2008
The UME portal for this year is quite surprising, center and examinatination number are automatically generated upon online form submission, I feel that is a nice development. Good luck all.
Re: 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) by charlisco(m): 12:18pm On Feb 04, 2008
yea, i hve encounter similar problem like that too,
reason, if the picture was taken with a digital camera, like iam using ACER, and u use photoreziser to rize it, it will not b valid,

so pls try use coreldraw or photopaint
Re: 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) by youngharry: 12:29pm On Feb 04, 2008
Please can someone help here. I've been trying to do a registration on the JAMB site but the pix has been rejected repeatedly despite the fact that it is JPEG format. I get messages like "Invalid format". Please help.

your passport must be at least 15kb squarely, that's all
Re: 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) by dgb4(m): 12:45pm On Feb 04, 2008
i just concluded one now!
the centre assigned was Satelite village, Oyingbo, sub-urbans of Port Harcourt
It was very successful
Re: 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) by salehm(m): 1:50pm On Feb 06, 2008
for those with pix problem you can reduce the size of your pix by using Microsoft Office Picture Manager.open the picture with Microsoft Office Picture Manager,then u click on edit picture,click on resize then u can use the custom height and width with that u can make the height and width to be 120*120 which will make the pic to be around 15kb
Re: 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 06, 2008
I try Uploading my picture but the sites keeps complaining invalid picture format.What I don't understand is that my picture is on Jpeg format and is less than 15Kb as specified on the site.It seems this electronic registration of Jamb is a flop I only have 7days left to fill the form and the site keeps complaining
Re: 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) by U1(m): 6:37pm On Feb 06, 2008
charlisco:

yea, i hve encounter similar problem like that too,
reason, if the picture was taken with a digital camera, like iam using ACER, and u use photoreziser to rize it, it will not b valid,

so please try use coreldraw or photopaint

I actually took the image with a digital camera, so I now resized it on www.picresize.com and that's where the problem started. But, after thinking about some factors I navigated to www.resizr.com to resize it again and finally it was accepted.
Re: 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) by U1(m): 9:30am On Feb 07, 2008
olowe2007:

I try Uploading my picture but the sites keeps complaining invalid picture format.What I don't understand is that my picture is on Jpeg format and is less than 15Kb as specified on the site.It seems this electronic registration of Jamb is a flop I only have 7days left to fill the form and the site keeps complaining

I had the same problem too because, as Charlisco said, if the picture was taken with a digital camera and you used a photo resizer to resize it the picture would be rejected. But not to worry try what I did, visit www.resizr.com and upload your pix, type 120 in the width box, the height would be automatically generated as 120 too, then click on resize button above. After resizing, save the pix and try it again on the JAMB site, hope it works.
cool
Re: 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) by sequencel(m): 6:58am On Feb 11, 2008
Fellow nairalander,we can assist any intrested candidates in the on going U.M.E registration,our office is based in lagos.You can reach us on 08033278740,or mail sequencel@yahoo.com.please note that you have to pay some fee.
Thanks but if you have any question please do write us.
Re: 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) by slikiru: 3:27pm On Feb 17, 2008
hi charlisco, i really need help. i filled my lils sister's ume form yesterday and made a mistake with the name of institution. i clicked on LASU instead of UNILAG and i have already printed. help! wat can i do? please reach me on svelte4u2000@yahoo.com ill b expectin a reply fro you ASAP
thanks
Re: 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) by buzzgonz(m): 8:16pm On Feb 17, 2008
Abeg una try give the guy small thing oh!
Re: 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) by begood1: 11:14am On Feb 18, 2008
@slikiru,
You will need to pay an amount to JAmb before u make the correction
Re: 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) by essiennta(m): 12:59pm On Feb 22, 2008
please i want to confirm if the user name and password requested on the jamb registration page is that of yahoo or one needs to register a fresh one for jamb purpose
Re: 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) by begood1: 5:53pm On Feb 22, 2008
u need to form a fresh user name and password for the jamb runs

1 Like

Re: 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) by Juror: 12:18pm On Feb 25, 2008
Interesting
Re: 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) by begood1: 5:36pm On Feb 25, 2008
the site is virtually slow,
Please has any one done registration since the past 4 days??
Re: 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) by Nobody: 11:27pm On Feb 25, 2008
damn it to this ume site, doing night browsing for theis stuff yet its f***ing up
Re: 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) by Harlex(m): 12:01am On Feb 26, 2008
i think the filling of the form should be on until the ending of march
Re: 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 26, 2008
hi nairalanders, I have been reading your posts. Thanx 4 all the wealth of information.
I submitted a UME 2008 form online and everything was OK upto the preview stage, passpot displayed, all data o.k. but when I clicked on submit, the final print-out that came has my passport mysteriously deleted. As I said, this passport was displayed @ the preview stage. I mailed sidmach but they are yet to reply. What do I do?
Re: 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) by begood1: 8:15pm On Feb 26, 2008
u would have allowed it to download completely b4 printing,
anyway, u may have to re-print your slip to confirm that all is ok
Re: 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 27, 2008
My gosh, you can't believe it! in my last post i said the picture wasn't displaying, after about a week, JAMB indeed SIDMACH finally heeded my plea. The picture is now at its rightful place. You can not imagine how excited I am.

A guy was saying
begood1:

u would have allowed it to download completely before printing,
anyway, u may have to re-print your slip to confirm that all is OK
Man, the picture was properly loaded and I have been selecting reprint at least at an interval of 3 times per day for 1 week! Anyway thanks for your advice

And those guys out there who want to take advantage of every situation, please you don't need to monetise everything.
Wishing you success in your endeavour
Re: 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) by LightSon(m): 9:58am On Feb 28, 2008
AN OPEN LETTER TO JAMB/SIDMACH PARTNERSHIP:

Dear Sidmach/JAMB Webmaster,

This is to bring to your attention my frustrations with registering my two wards for the 2007/2008 UME.

Since purchasing the scratch cards 3 days ago, I have tried unendingly to register these children but to no avail. My office internet link is superfast (a major Oil Company's Network) and very reliable but your registration forms seem to be having access problems with your server as they are too slow.

PLEASE COULD YOU RECTIFY WHATEVER THE PROBLEM IS FOR US TO REGISTER OUR WARDS.

I suggest you:

1. make the registration forms more user friendly (put save and modify buttons, page 1 and page 2 links, etc such that one can switch directly between the pages rather than starting afresh when links with your server fails)

2. reduce frequent and several access/communication to your server while on a page (let all drop-down data be loaded once the page loads rather than stepwise loading of database which annoyingly slows the process)

3. design each registration page to save automatically while continuing to the next page (to remove the frustration of going over and over to the first page to start afresh whenever the page looses contact with your server).

4. consider using a robust database management software (like Oracle etc ) such that the database querry wont be so time consuming.

You may not follow my suggestions but I believe these give you an overview of frustrations of lots of ume candidates and parents out there as well as potential future system improvement options.

HOPING TO SEE IMPROVED ONLINE REGISTRATION FORMS SOONEST, INORDER TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION OF MY 2 WARDS FOR THE 2008 UME.

Thank you,

Regards,
Re: 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Feb 28, 2008
LightSon:

I suggest you:

1. make the registration forms more user friendly (put save and modify buttons, page 1 and page 2 links, etc such that one can switch directly between the pages rather than starting afresh when links with your server fails)

2. reduce frequent and several access/communication to your server while on a page (let all drop-down data be loaded once the page loads rather than stepwise loading of database which annoyingly slows the process)

3. design each registration page to save automatically while continuing to the next page (to remove the frustration of going over and over to the first page to start afresh whenever the page looses contact with your server).

4. consider using a robust database management software (like Oracle etc ) such that the database querry wont be so time consuming.

If you write jambreg@sidmach.com, it takes them at least two weeks to see your mail. For a post like this this in such a hidden corner of nairaland.com, it takes longer. In one word: YOU ARE TALKING TO DEAF EARS
Re: 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) by begood1: 7:37pm On Feb 28, 2008
@lightson,

You said nothing but the truth
if they adhere to ur advices, if will be very easier
i start my siblings registration since last week, at the point i had only 9 days to complete the first one,
to my greatest surprise when i logged in yesterday, i saw "You have 21 days left to complete your registration"
I was wondering if it was a msitake or they intentionally know what they are doing.
Pls lets beg JAMB oo!
I always know Nigeria as being a failure in online stuffs
Re: 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) by begood1: 7:32pm On Feb 29, 2008
i spoke with the sidmach people today
they said they are monitoring the site since yesterday and have increased the bandwidth and all that
that studnets are now registering succesfully
i told them that they are lying that i have been trying all these while but nothing happened
The closing date is said to be on the 15th march 2008
Re: 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 06, 2008
Ever1 has been criticising Sidmach, including myself. Now I think www.jamb.org.ng is better, submission of forms now take 30 mins or less! what do you think. Bravo SIDMACH! but its rather late now.
Re: 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) by begood1: 6:47pm On Mar 06, 2008
Do u mean the fault initially wasnt there's?
Twas all theirs, assuming they added enough bandwidth, it would have been easier for people to register

Now that all towns are filled up that they are claiming effiko
Infact ,jamb 2008 registration has concluded thats why its working. Period!
Re: 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 06, 2008
begood1:

Do u mean the fault initially wasn't there's?
Twas all theirs, assuming they added enough bandwidth, it would have been easier for people to register

Yes, it was their fault of course, we are not the novice they take us to be.
"Another possible hitche for the e-Registration, is the issue of low Bandwidth at
the public cyber cafes for the download of the registration materials. Though this
was not pronounced during the 2006 Monotechnics, Polytechnics and Colleges
of Education (MPCE) examination due to the number of applicants, it is
envisaged that the Universities Matriculation Examination (UME) with more
applicants might experience the problem.
However, this can be addressed, as competition will make the cyber café
operators to improve on their Bandwidth"
. ( http://www.jambng.com/Registration.pdf )

Now we know it is JAMB/SIDMACH who is supposed to increase their own bandwidth. I use a 128kbps bandwidth on VSAT and still find it difficult to register 1 candidate in 5 hours! Today, my bandwidth has not increased yet I register 1 candidate in 20 Minutes!

JAMB/SIDMACH, we look forward to getting better services from you eespeciallyas the PCE/Monopolytechnic is around the corner.
Re: 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) by seuner: 5:23pm On Mar 11, 2008
please help me i am confused, i want to study civil engineering and i have put in UNAD and LAUTECH in my UME FORM, but what disturbs me is that although i have 5 credits at two sittings but the lists are ENGLISH, MATHS, CHEMISTRY, PHYSICS, ECONOMICS and in the brochure, a science course is requested, please help me; will this combination make up for my course. this is my email seun_wale2000@yahoo.com
Re: 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 12, 2008
U need to confirm from those schools mind you, most of the information presented in JAMB brochure is either obsolete, or not valid at all. For example, JAMB says my school offers Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering, Medicine . . . these courses never existed and there are no plans for their existence in the nearest future. So, I advice you go to those schools and get first hand information there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

JAMB Subject Combinations For All Courses / University Of Jos 2013/2014 Admission / The Federal University Of Technology Akure (FUTA) 2016/2017 Admission Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.