Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? (133103 Views)

Textbook Teaching Kids About Gender Roles (Pictured) / Textbook Explains Cultism With Don Jazzy, D'banj, Wande Coal (Mo'hits Group Pic / What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Biafra1stson: 12:35am On May 03, 2020
grin

75 Likes 8 Shares

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Randal: 1:36am On May 03, 2020
I'll go to the school and request for refund and then withdraw my child from there.

355 Likes 15 Shares

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Airoflaw(m): 2:54am On May 03, 2020
In dis age... grin...go and find out d author is still struggling... His village ppl

252 Likes 15 Shares

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Dreyton36: 4:31am On May 03, 2020
The author must be a very poor village headmaster who has a farm right in his school compound

364 Likes 13 Shares

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by illicit(m): 4:32am On May 03, 2020
I will sue the school, the author and the publisher

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Erosion2020: 4:46am On May 03, 2020
Looking at the boy head u find out that the author is still right, that head is position to carry load.
But what is wrong in using your head to carry load?

309 Likes 16 Shares

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by lytech1(m): 5:58am On May 03, 2020
Dreyton36:
The author must be a very poor village headmaster who has a farm right in his school compound
you knw nthg or little abt teaching.
am sure d text is for pry1 or pry2 class.
for their level,thats the best their brain can assimilate easily.
the author had to come down to their level

602 Likes 34 Shares

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Vulcanheph(m): 6:06am On May 03, 2020
Call the teacher and voice out my concerns to him/her.......which kind suffer mentality be this.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by bobkezel(m): 6:07am On May 03, 2020
All of you saying you will sue the school. Pls answer me, what is head used for?

161 Likes 9 Shares

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Dreyton36: 6:16am On May 03, 2020
lytech1:

the author needs to come down to their level
You just said I know nothing and you're saying saying the author needs to come down to their level
Now ask yourself, are you alright at all?

47 Likes

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by FromZeroToHero(m): 6:19am On May 03, 2020
bobkezel:
All of you saying you will sue the school. Pls answer me, what is head used for?
For headbutting. grin grin grin

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Yustash001(m): 6:24am On May 03, 2020
Lol...but seriously one of the functions of the head is for carrying load, be it a heavy or light one..

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by emotionada: 6:29am On May 03, 2020
Erosion2020:
Looking at the boy head u find out that the author is still right, that head is position to carry load.
But what is wrong in using your head to carry load?

Nothing. I think it's more of hypocrisy. Who hasn't used his head to carry load before?

205 Likes 10 Shares

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by ridwanlawal: 6:52am On May 03, 2020
naija for you

2 Likes

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by turawaa(m): 7:04am On May 03, 2020
The Author targeted the age bracket of Primary 1 & 2 pupils because that what they easily understand at that age Not for Marlians and Titans with mentality of "Education is a Scam".

Please learn to respect Author of any book, even it's a page.

Thanks

194 Likes 10 Shares

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by MVLOX(m): 7:20am On May 03, 2020
Text books should have a general appeal, meaning it should be written in a way whereby it can be used anywhere in the world.... notwithstanding the picture there in the text book applies to a very small group of rural dwellers in Africa and other underdeveloped areas in the world....

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by femi4: 7:36am On May 03, 2020
lytech1:

the author needs to come down to their level
you are wrong. What happened to "The head houses or protects the brain". That's the primary function of the head.

Don't tell me pry1 or pry2 pupil will not comprehend that

84 Likes 11 Shares

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by xreal: 7:43am On May 03, 2020
femi4:
you are wrong. What happened to "The head houses or protects the brain". That's the primary function of the head.

And the skull is to?

143 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Ephort: 7:45am On May 03, 2020
femi4:

What then is the function of the skull?

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by femi4: 7:47am On May 03, 2020
xreal:

And the skull is to?
you want to teach them "skull" at that level (pry 1&2 ). Think!

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by femi4: 7:48am On May 03, 2020
Ephort:

What then is the function of the skull?
you can't teach "skull" at that level. At that level, 1-2 is impossible not -1

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by AngryIgboMan: 7:52am On May 03, 2020
Must we over stress things?

For those saying the head is used to cover the brain... Does that even make sense to you? How do you teach that to a child? Prior before the invention of carriers, don't you use your head to carry loads when your hand is tired?

If the hand can be used to wash clothes, why can't the head be used to carry load?

Or will you teach the child that clothes is watched by washing machine and not hand too?

How do you want somebody like Buhari with the brain of a Kindergarten to understand this?

238 Likes 11 Shares

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by xreal: 7:55am On May 03, 2020
femi4:
you want to teach them "skull" at that level (pry 1&2 ). Think!

So, you didn't know skull at Primary 1?

8 Likes

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by femi4: 7:56am On May 03, 2020
xreal:

So, you didn't know skull at Primary 1?
yes, pry 3 -5, that's when they started introducing us to basic science etc

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by SUPERPACK: 8:08am On May 03, 2020
I see nothing wrong in the book.

19 Likes

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by lytech1(m): 8:11am On May 03, 2020
femi4:

its obvious u knw little about teaching.
for u to tell that to a pry1 pupil,u need to start by teaching the pupil what the brain is and the function of the brain. Which i think is too much for that class

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by femi4: 8:23am On May 03, 2020
lytech1:

its obvious u knw little about teaching.
for u tell that to a pry1 pupil,u need to start by teaching the pupil what the brain is and what the function of the brain. Which i think is too much for that class
Olodo, you ve never been to the four walls of classroom before

At that stage, they ve already known sense organs and their functions even from verbal reasoning. So brain and its function is the least of their worries

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by Biafra1stson: 9:02am On May 03, 2020
This was the book Buhari used in primary school
grin grin

8 Likes

Re: If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? by demsy21(m): 9:07am On May 03, 2020
We are in Africa, therefore the reality of the old continent should be captured. Not all this ''A" for"Apple" rethorics . Does apple normally grow in your hometown? I guess no.
Don't let the west dictate how you are to teach even though standard education came from them. Tell your own story, be original.

86 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Covenant University 2015/2016 Session Aspirants Lets Meet Here / 23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Mind Blowing Fees / Tips To Stay Awake While Studying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.