Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,605 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:36 AM

Nigeria Vs Ghana: Ghanaian Boxer Disrespects Nigerian Flag - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Ghanaian Boxer Disrespects Nigerian Flag (2574 Views)

Nigeria Vs Ghana: WAFU Finals 1 - 4 (Full Time) / Sergio Ramos Wearing A Nigerian Flag? Twitter Users Ask (Photos) / Nigeria Vs Ghana : AWCON 2016: - 1 - 1 On 23rd November 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs Ghana: Ghanaian Boxer Disrespects Nigerian Flag by olapluto(m): 9:40pm On Oct 29, 2015
Tomorrow night, London will be agog as the Nigeria vs Ghana banter gets real with a boxing match. This match is between a refined Nigerian Larry Ekundayo and a Ghanaian from the bush called Joseph Lampey.
At the weighing in this evening, things almost got out of hand. The Nigerian was proudly displaying the Nigerian flag, which got the Ghanaian so jealous because he had no flag. Lampey snatched the Nigerian flag from Larry and threw it to the ground.....watch in the videos below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0YAjgdWo2g

Another angle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni8mCGCoC18

3. Fight promo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28bGUWxu_38

Words have it that the Nigerians in London are boiling and will be returning favours tomorrow night.

Read more: http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/other-sports/london-live-fight-night-world-ranking-on-the-line-as-larry-ekundayo-takes-on-joseph-lamptey-a3102581.html

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Ghanaian Boxer Disrespects Nigerian Flag by feldido(m): 9:44pm On Oct 29, 2015
Same way we use the Ghana must Go bag grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Ghanaian Boxer Disrespects Nigerian Flag by trapQ: 10:03pm On Oct 29, 2015
Attention seeker. I hope the naija guy knocks off his teeth.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Ghanaian Boxer Disrespects Nigerian Flag by Mortiple(m): 10:05pm On Oct 29, 2015
It will be cool to see Larry beat him black and blue. However Ghana is known for producing world class pugilists too like Nigeria in the past.

Larry is a Southpaw (left-handed) and as such I expect him to be more aggressive during the fight. Moreover he has height and teach advantage.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Ghanaian Boxer Disrespects Nigerian Flag by iamord(m): 10:13pm On Oct 29, 2015
What kind of racist attitude are we exhibiting as Africans.
Before people begin to throw tantrums.
Watch the advert
Two people are proposed to fight. Only one is being shown in the advert
How professional is that.
To top it up you gave the Nigerian man his flag and not the ghanaian.
And u expect him to keep cool?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Ghanaian Boxer Disrespects Nigerian Flag by Chibaba247(m): 10:26pm On Oct 29, 2015
Highest mumu of d year 2015...lolz,listen to his voice self"were is my flag ko" he deserves a hot slap
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Ghanaian Boxer Disrespects Nigerian Flag by JiggamanGh: 10:45pm On Oct 29, 2015
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Ghanaian Boxer Disrespects Nigerian Flag by JiggamanGh: 10:47pm On Oct 29, 2015
The Ghanaian is totally wrong. I mean no one asked him not to bring a Ghanaian flag. This's not how Ghanaians behave.

If it was the promoters that brought the flag then they are wrong even at that the Ghanaian shouldn't behave that way

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Ghanaian Boxer Disrespects Nigerian Flag by DFemaleBoss(f): 10:50pm On Oct 29, 2015
He should've set the flag ablaze. tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Ghanaian Boxer Disrespects Nigerian Flag by iamord(m): 10:56pm On Oct 29, 2015
JiggamanGh:
The Ghanaian is totally wrong. I mean no one asked him not to bring a Ghanaian flag. This's not how Ghanaians behave.

If it was the promoters that brought the flag then they are wrong even at that the Ghanaian shouldn't behave that way
Well his action of pulling down the flag may be wrong. But not until I watched the advert. It's better the fight was tagged as 'Larry vs Larry' cos it only put the Nigerian boxer in the spot light. When there is an opponent. That is so unprofessional of the organizers! It shows that there is a preferential treatment for the Nigerian. That's disrespectful ad hand falling.. This should not be in such a game..
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Ghanaian Boxer Disrespects Nigerian Flag by olapluto(m): 11:18pm On Oct 29, 2015
iamord:

Well his action of pulling down the flag may be wrong. But not until I watched the advert. It's better the fight was tagged as 'Larry vs Larry' cos it only put the Nigerian boxer in the spot light. When there is an opponent. That is so unprofessional of the organizers! It shows that there is a preferential treatment for the Nigerian. That's disrespectful ad hand falling.. This should not be in such a game..
I can understand your frustration. You've lived in Nigeria's shadows all your life. If Lampey bloody needs a Ghanaian flag, he should have brought one from Ghana. The promo video was made by team Larry, if you want to make a video for your Ghanaian brother, you're free to do so.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Ghanaian Boxer Disrespects Nigerian Flag by JiggamanGh: 11:42pm On Oct 29, 2015
olapluto:

I can understand your frustration. You've lived in Nigeria's shadows all your life. If Lampey bloody needs a Ghanaian flag, he should have brought one from Ghana. The promo video was made by team Larry, if you want to make a video for your Ghanaian brother, you're free to do so.

Look at this idiot. What has Nigeria done for Ghana to live under its shadows.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Ghanaian Boxer Disrespects Nigerian Flag by azzima(m): 12:23am On Oct 30, 2015
Whats new here nauShebi we all saw the pictures of Biafrans tearing the Nigerian passports and stepping on the Nigerian flag the other day. So the Ghanaian guy is closer to me as a brother than any Biafran.....
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Ghanaian Boxer Disrespects Nigerian Flag by iamord(m): 7:14am On Oct 30, 2015
olapluto:

Sentiments apart.. You are dumb and don't seem to understand boxing promotion. Didn't I say what he did was wrong for the flag notion ? There was no advert. No photoshoot put up for the Ghanaian. And all. And you are organising a boat for two people? Where on the world of professional boxing does that happen. But you fail to understand this and begin to bring in foolish sentiments.

(1) (Reply)

Super Falcons Francisca Ordega Is Hot At 24 / Top 3 Reasons Why FIFA Will Conspire Against NGR On Tues,no 3 Will Surprise You / Football Bet Whatsapp Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.