Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,675 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

BREAKING: 5 Deputy Comptroller-Generals Of Customs Resign [see Letter] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: 5 Deputy Comptroller-Generals Of Customs Resign [see Letter] (3088 Views)

5 Deputy Governors Reply Primate Ayodele On Prophecy: ‘It Is A Fallacy’ / Buhari Sacks 24 Director-Generals Of Parastatals And Agencies / Nigeria Customs Service Appoints 6 New Deputy Comptroller- Generals, 6 New Acgs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: 5 Deputy Comptroller-Generals Of Customs Resign [see Letter] by farano(f): 1:37am On Oct 30, 2015

Five of the six Deputy Comptroller-Generals of Customs, shockingly resigned from service on Thursday. According to them, having attained the pinnacle of their career, it was time to leave. They thanked President Muhammadu Buhari for the opportunity to serve the nation. DAILY POST gathered that the decision of the senior officers to resign was not unconnected with the appointment of Col Hammed Ali, a retired Army officer and confidant of the president as Customs Comptroller-General.

Details later…

http://dailypost.ng/2015/10/29/breaking-5-deputy-comptroller-generals-of-customs-resign-see-letter/
Re: BREAKING: 5 Deputy Comptroller-Generals Of Customs Resign [see Letter] by Nobody: 1:46am On Oct 30, 2015
Wahala dey o.
Re: BREAKING: 5 Deputy Comptroller-Generals Of Customs Resign [see Letter] by pbs4real(m): 2:12am On Oct 30, 2015
Re: BREAKING: 5 Deputy Comptroller-Generals Of Customs Resign [see Letter] by Nobody: 2:18am On Oct 30, 2015
Why won't they resign? You bypassed them because you know that the next in line to take over by seniority was DCG Nwosu...you panicked, "he is Igbo and he can't be in such a position." Instead you went as far as...fear of Igbo... bringing a Northern geriatric retired army general, an outsider...something never done before... to make sure an Igbo man doesn't clinch that seat. THIS COUNTRY IS IMPLACABLY EVIL AND GOD IS ANGRY; INTENSELY ANGRY. The plan is to now assemble new DCGs with a northerner as senior to take over from the Geriatric general...he will resign within a yr or two to pave way for the prospective senior northerner DCG; you want to bet? All these while, I have been wondering why an outsider was brought in...not a DCG as customary procedure until a custom officer friend relayed me the gist of the inner politics. Is it a coincidence that 99% of all past comptroller general of customs are of Northern extraction?

Did you notice that only the Yoruba DCG did not sign?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING: 5 Deputy Comptroller-Generals Of Customs Resign [see Letter] by Nobody: 2:26am On Oct 30, 2015
Nigeria is getting more interesting everyday.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: 5 Deputy Comptroller-Generals Of Customs Resign [see Letter] by tpiah11: 2:32am On Oct 30, 2015
it's news because?

it's not supposed to be classified information because?

It's on nairaland because?
Re: BREAKING: 5 Deputy Comptroller-Generals Of Customs Resign [see Letter] by Nobody: 4:37am On Oct 30, 2015
Dem don dey go, one by one dem don dey go, one by one dem don dey go, one by one(sing till fade)
Re: BREAKING: 5 Deputy Comptroller-Generals Of Customs Resign [see Letter] by Xano(m): 5:26am On Oct 30, 2015
If true, there are strong reasons for these resignations.
Re: BREAKING: 5 Deputy Comptroller-Generals Of Customs Resign [see Letter] by Xano(m): 5:29am On Oct 30, 2015
new2020:
Why won't they resign? You bypassed them because you know that the next in line to take over by seniority was DCG Nwosu...you panicked, "he is Igbo and he can't be in such a position." Instead you went as far as...fear of Igbo... bringing a Northern geriatric retired army general, an outsider...something never done before... to make sure an Igbo man doesn't clinch that seat. THIS COUNTRY IS IMPLACABLY EVIL AND GOD IS ANGRY; INTENSELY ANGRY. The plan is to now assemble new DCGs with a northerner as senior to take over from the Geriatric general...he will resign within a yr or two to pave way for the prospective senior northerner DCG; you want to bet? All these while, I have been wondering why an outsider was brought in...not a DCG as customary procedure until a custom officer friend relayed me the gist of the inner politics. Is it a coincidence that 99% of all past comptroller general of customs are of Northern extraction?

Interesting. You just confirmed the info i heard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: 5 Deputy Comptroller-Generals Of Customs Resign [see Letter] by tonychristopher: 5:45am On Oct 30, 2015
new2020:

I just regret having Nigeria as a country ...too much wickedness

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: 5 Deputy Comptroller-Generals Of Customs Resign [see Letter] by Day169: 5:50am On Oct 30, 2015
Could they kindly declare their assets before resigning?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: 5 Deputy Comptroller-Generals Of Customs Resign [see Letter] by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 30, 2015
Let them resign. Awon ole

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: 5 Deputy Comptroller-Generals Of Customs Resign [see Letter] by Cybertext(m): 6:54am On Oct 30, 2015
Its better.... they really didn't have much to offer in the first place, no more time to allow impunity.

no more Ghana must go bribes for clearing and forwarding.
TSA making people resign since 1899AD
Re: BREAKING: 5 Deputy Comptroller-Generals Of Customs Resign [see Letter] by subterfuge: 6:54am On Oct 30, 2015
DCG ADEWUYI, A.A. DID NOT SIGN THE LETTER.
COULD HE HAVE BEEN FORCED TO JOIN THE OTHER FIVE RESINEES?
Re: BREAKING: 5 Deputy Comptroller-Generals Of Customs Resign [see Letter] by chernest2002: 7:20am On Oct 30, 2015
Islamisation and northern agenda on progress
Re: BREAKING: 5 Deputy Comptroller-Generals Of Customs Resign [see Letter] by MosquitoLaps(m): 8:51am On Oct 30, 2015
Seriously, Buhari's appointment of Hammed was wrong.
What ever happened to the ones there after the old fella retired?
yea, It's about trust, but hey, with such action, you dampen the morale of the top shots!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: 5 Deputy Comptroller-Generals Of Customs Resign [see Letter] by neolboy(m): 8:55am On Oct 30, 2015
wetin dey happen for naija sef

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: 5 Deputy Comptroller-Generals Of Customs Resign [see Letter] by Chookym(m): 12:10pm On Oct 30, 2015
Na wao
Re: BREAKING: 5 Deputy Comptroller-Generals Of Customs Resign [see Letter] by ritababe(f): 1:27pm On Nov 01, 2015
tonychristopher:

I just regret having Nigeria as a country ...too much wickedness

and whats stopping you from relocating?
Just asking
Re: BREAKING: 5 Deputy Comptroller-Generals Of Customs Resign [see Letter] by ritababe(f): 1:30pm On Nov 01, 2015
new2020:

Did you notice that only the Yoruba DCG did not sign?

with what igbo people are planning i think it is wise for buhari to skip them for now.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: 5 Deputy Comptroller-Generals Of Customs Resign [see Letter] by tayejay(m): 1:32pm On Nov 01, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]
farano:

http://dailypost.ng/2015/10/29/breaking-5-deputy-comptroller-generals-of-customs-resign-see-letter/

Why now? Could it be the fear of declaration of Assets? I pray they are compelled to declare their assets before leaving.... Amen!
Re: BREAKING: 5 Deputy Comptroller-Generals Of Customs Resign [see Letter] by BALLOSKI: 1:36pm On Nov 01, 2015
Those thieves can go.

That's the chemistry!
Re: BREAKING: 5 Deputy Comptroller-Generals Of Customs Resign [see Letter] by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 01, 2015
ritababe:

with what igbo people are planning i think it is wise for buhari to skip them for now.

Hope you know DCG Adewuyi is next in line to Nwosu and they are not letting him there either even if he was the senior DCG. Go and look at the record of past CGC....pretty much all northerners.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: 5 Deputy Comptroller-Generals Of Customs Resign [see Letter] by tonychristopher: 7:25am On Nov 02, 2015
ritababe:

and whats stopping you from relocating?
Just asking

Maybe

May your life be like Nigeria

.at the age of 55 you can't feed the yourself as Nigeria does ..at age of 55 you can't educate your kids as Nigeria does and may you keep begging others of money and help as Nigeria keep begging other countries

Oya say amen to this
Re: BREAKING: 5 Deputy Comptroller-Generals Of Customs Resign [see Letter] by ritababe(f): 7:44am On Nov 02, 2015
tonychristopher:

Maybe

May your life be like Nigeria

.at the age of 55 you can't feed the yourself as Nigeria does ..at age of 55 you can't educate your kids as Nigeria does and may you keep begging others of money and help as Nigeria keep begging other countries

Oya say amen to this

that is why i say relocate to a country that will put food on your table without working.
Lazy asss
Re: BREAKING: 5 Deputy Comptroller-Generals Of Customs Resign [see Letter] by tonychristopher: 7:59am On Nov 02, 2015
ritababe:

that is why i say relocate to a country that will put food on your table without working.
Lazy asss

Say amen to the prayer

Onye ara
Re: BREAKING: 5 Deputy Comptroller-Generals Of Customs Resign [see Letter] by simpleseyi: 8:14am On Nov 02, 2015
MosquitoLaps:
Seriously, Buhari's appointment of Hammed was wrong.
What ever happened to the ones there after the old fella retired?
yea, It's about trust, but hey, with such action, you dampen the morale of the top shots!

The same people that instituted corruption in the Customs. If it were you, would you give your fish to the cat to keep or can you make Diezaini the CBN governor? It is like keeping your 21 years old daughter with Obasanjo
Re: BREAKING: 5 Deputy Comptroller-Generals Of Customs Resign [see Letter] by gab264(m): 8:24am On Nov 02, 2015
Nigeria is seriously planning 4 her failure"
Am not surprise, because it is part of the plan anyway"

Re: BREAKING: 5 Deputy Comptroller-Generals Of Customs Resign [see Letter] by MurderX: 8:48am On Nov 02, 2015
Five CGs signed a document with bad grammar, I question their degrees. For information it is " having risen " not "haven risen".

(1) (2) (Reply)

FRAUD in KOGI State Elections Figs In Pics / Oil Price Fall Below $30 Per Barrel Nigeria Summons Emergency OPEC Meeting / Edo 2016: Tension In Edo As Oshiomhole Picks Guber Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.