Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,590 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures (36351 Views)

Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) / Tanker Drivers Cause Traffic Gridlock In Lagos This Morning (Photos) / Major Causes Of Traffic Gridlock In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by Bluffly: 3:30pm On Oct 30, 2015
My Understanding about these pictures is that all this vehicles opted to take a bush path since there is a gridlock on the Highway

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by neocortex: 3:34pm On Oct 30, 2015
Oma89:

It is not a lie, I was a victim of this traffic yesterday. The express road around arepo is terrible which is always causing trailers to fall thereby causing mad traffic. This picture is actually an alternate route which in a normal sense should have been constructed. When will people start seeing the truth for what it is?

I am not denying the traffic on Lagos-Ibadan Express.
but I still maintain that the picture is wrong, except there is another Lagos-Ibadan express road.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by MICHEALADEX(m): 3:37pm On Oct 30, 2015
This is not Ibadan express way I followed to Ife and now to ile oluji where I am currently

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by litaninja(m): 3:45pm On Oct 30, 2015
This is NOT lagos -Ibadan Express. Might be an alternate route, but definitely NOT Lagos-Ibadan Express.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by missKiffy(f): 3:45pm On Oct 30, 2015
sescop:
this op can lie oooo
can u tell us exactly the name of this area
l can't remember any section of Lagos - Ibadan that is as bad as this shown above
Me sef dey wonder am say where dis place dey for lagos ibadan expressway

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 30, 2015
Which part of lagos ibadan express way is this op.... Cos you just post pic without any detailed caption
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by chinchum(m): 3:51pm On Oct 30, 2015
I can bet this is not the main Lagos-Ibadan expressway, it could be a bypass though.

I ply a great section of the road at least 5 times in a week.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by mickijoe: 3:53pm On Oct 30, 2015
All our president is after is lutters, what happen to dividends of democracy? Oh God have mercy on Nigerians..
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by kolaaderin: 4:05pm On Oct 30, 2015
Moneyyy:
And yet there is a government in that zoo? Click like if you support Biafra and share if you support Nigeria

Is it not the same express ur god GEJ used for campaign?? We are just trying to put together the leftover fragment of destruction from that people destroying party PDP. We will reconstruct our country and u can end up in ur yet to be zoo, and don't forget to make that zoologist of a man ur president.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by ndcide(m): 4:06pm On Oct 30, 2015
I experienced it yesterday. I can authoritatively say that was the worst gridlock ever on that road. It can't be worse than that. Check that road by 8.00pm.

99% of people commenting here was not on that road. Yesterday. Ask channels tv. It was in Sunrise daily, this morning.

I'm not joking.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by segend(m): 4:06pm On Oct 30, 2015
Maawitemi:

I think this is the un-tarred road parallel to the long bridge between OPIC and Wawa. This is not the Expressway itself
oh, okay then
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by kolaaderin: 4:09pm On Oct 30, 2015
mickijoe:
All our president is after is lutters, what happen to dividends of democracy? Oh God have mercy on Nigerians..
Yes they should be the first on his priority, with the goat out of our cakes with severe punishment other goat will see our cakes as poison and so then we can start a meaningful reconstruction of the country, else all billions allocated to those roads will end up in the goats belly as usual.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by omoharry(f): 4:09pm On Oct 30, 2015
This one na small one..The traffic i experience on my way to Lagos last week Sunday was terrible..the stand still traffic started from ondo state..we arrive Benin 11am only to get stuck in Ondo State for 10 hrs...na God save us ...we were just praying there that arm rubbers should not take advantage of our predicament...
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by anumide(f): 4:12pm On Oct 30, 2015
Fynestboi:
Pictures... .

Punch....

http://punchng.com/2015/10/2199
hahan!!!! you pipu can lie o. obara chisos!!!!! cry
Fynestboi:
Pictures... .

Punch....

http://punchng.com/2015/10/2199
hahan!!!! you pipu can lie o. obara chisos!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 30, 2015
And GEJ will be like una never see anything.....What of his 8yrs.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by Adesiji77: 4:24pm On Oct 30, 2015
sescop:
this op can lie oooo
l can't remember any section of Lagos - Ibadan that is as bad as this shown above

I was wondering too...unless there is another route apart from the one we know.

Definitely not Lagos+Ibadan Expressway

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by iswallker(m): 4:43pm On Oct 30, 2015
the thunder wen go fire this op and punch dey do press up... angry angry

this is not a road, this is a bush....def not lagos ibadan express....

there was traffic on the highway and this cars decided to go and pass the bush....and you now snap and say its the road... undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by Laid2001: 4:48pm On Oct 30, 2015
What is the name of the place where you were for 3 hours. Surely no spot or stretch along Lagos Ibadan Express looks like this picture.
miqos02:
i was in it for 3 hours
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by realzimobeat(m): 4:49pm On Oct 30, 2015
If you are and artists here is an opportunity to get a track to your self 50% off all recording call 08022204351 for more into studio located around agbowo area University of Ibadan
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by hob(m): 4:53pm On Oct 30, 2015
This is not Lagos - Ibadan Expressway

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by abatically(m): 4:56pm On Oct 30, 2015
kobonaire:
Good grief, is this really that highway or a road to some village? I cannot imagine such a major highway that is a backbone connection between these two big cities in such a delapidated state?

This is not Lagos Ibadan expressway. There is no portion of that road from Lagos to Ibadan that looks like this, this topic is misleading. I travel that road everyday.

However, there was a serious gridlock on that road yesterday, so probably these vehicles took alternate parts to beat the traffic. BUT THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT LAGOS IBADAN EXPRESSWAY.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by abatically(m): 4:58pm On Oct 30, 2015
dannyokec:

if you cant remember it doesnt mean his lying

Yes he's lying. There's no part of that road that looks like this. I pass there everyday. These vehicles took alternate route to beat the traffic.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by omooba969(m): 5:04pm On Oct 30, 2015
sescop:
this op can lie oooo

Sharp guy. grin
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by NobleMaster15: 5:09pm On Oct 30, 2015
I can't rembr any part of lagos ibadan express way as bad as this. This one na big lie o, road wey i dey pass almost evryday.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 30, 2015
condralbede:
This is an Eyesore....And fashola has been confirmed minister of d federal republic!

its a federal road.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by kobonaire(m): 5:36pm On Oct 30, 2015
abatically:

This is not Lagos Ibadan expressway. There is no portion of that road from Lagos to Ibadan that looks like this, this topic is misleading. I travel that road everyday.

However, there was a serious gridlock on that road yesterday, so probably these vehicles took alternate parts to beat the traffic. BUT THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT LAGOS IBADAN EXPRESSWAY.

Thank you for that confirmation .... Lagos-Ibadan expressway is among one of the top 10 highways in Nigeria in terms of importance and so I was even shocked.
Not surprising that this is just journalistic incompetence and of course it still gets pushed to NL front page because BS draws traffic grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by samuel900(m): 5:40pm On Oct 30, 2015
SOUTH-WEST POLITICIANS TO BLAME FOR DIZ
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by Akinrogun(m): 5:41pm On Oct 30, 2015
Moneyyy:
And yet there is a government in that zoo? Click like if you support Biafra and share if you support Nigeria
Hope u cn see d results favoring d Nigerian federation.....quit d narrow prism of ethnic jingoism.

despite d sabotaging tendencies of ur ilk......Nigeria will rise again... God's willing!
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by Bollinger(m): 5:52pm On Oct 30, 2015
I don't know what the OP is talking about. This is absolutely normal in Nigeria.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by Mattex001(m): 5:55pm On Oct 30, 2015
No mind all those drivers way the like follow shut cut in other to beat traffic congestion! Apparently that's not the main Lagos Ibadan express way route!
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by Holysholay: 6:11pm On Oct 30, 2015
This isn't the express-road... vehicles may have diverted to this small path to pass the grid-lock.... Kindly b truthful in all u post.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lets Talk Dubai / President Buhari Launches 10-Year Validity E-passport / Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.