Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,008 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures (36350 Views)

Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) / Tanker Drivers Cause Traffic Gridlock In Lagos This Morning (Photos) / Major Causes Of Traffic Gridlock In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by miqos02(m): 6:41pm On Oct 30, 2015
Laid2001:
What is the name of the place where you were for 3 hours. Surely no spot or stretch along Lagos Ibadan Express looks like this picture.
I went thru it yesterday from sectretariat in Lagos down to Arepo after the long bridge.

same thing today, but I met the traffic on the long bridge spending 1hr plus
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by ollyruffy: 6:48pm On Oct 30, 2015
So PDP was actually telling us lies during their last presidential campaign. Thank God we made a wise decision.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by modified(m): 6:52pm On Oct 30, 2015
Its a lie, I travelled that paths recently and nothing like that.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by akigbemaru: 6:56pm On Oct 30, 2015
lagos ibadan express.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 30, 2015
Ptui! Bad environment! Smelling humans! angry angry angry angry angry shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided undecided cry cry cry cry
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by teflondoncuzo(m): 7:16pm On Oct 30, 2015
Wait oh I thought they claimed Gej fixed that road. ... PDP we hail dee
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by kodlins(f): 7:23pm On Oct 30, 2015
I spent 3 hours here. It was not funny
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by kodlins(f): 7:24pm On Oct 30, 2015
teflondoncuzo:
Wait oh I thought they claimed Gej fixed that road. ... PDP we hail dee

Trailer fell and blocked the road
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 30, 2015
omooba969:

Sharp guy. grin
Guy abeg explain what you mean by sharp guy me and you dey the same deal ?
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by Epimetheus(m): 7:26pm On Oct 30, 2015
sescop:
this op can lie oooo
can u tell us exactly the name of this area
l can't remember any section of Lagos - Ibadan that is as bad as this shown above

Just what I was thinking. What do people gain from lying blatantly as the OP? Does the OP get a high from spreading misinformation?
OP liar liar
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 30, 2015
omooba969:

Sharp guy. grin
Guy abeg explain what you mean by sharp guy me and you dey the same deal ?
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by miqos02(m): 8:05pm On Oct 30, 2015
modified:
Its a lie, I travelled that paths recently and nothing like that.
kodlins:
I spent 3 hours here. It was not funny
kodlins:

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by Deshalom(m): 8:12pm On Oct 30, 2015
Op, u shud confirm ur stories b4 posting, dis is nt the express way. D river is beside the highway motorist were trying to use it as a short cut but most of them got stuck in d muddy river. I live inside Sparklight Estate so very very close to d express so I knw wat am talking abt.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by teflondoncuzo(m): 8:36pm On Oct 30, 2015
kodlins:

Hmm
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by daxlasaint(m): 8:41pm On Oct 30, 2015
Moneyyy:
And yet there is a government in that zoo? Click like if you support Nigeria and share if you support Biafra

This fool modified this post. How desperate do you have to be to do shii like that shocked
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by tunad4rari(m): 8:53pm On Oct 30, 2015
Op is a lier ,no part of lagos ibadan expressway is like this cos I work on that road with RCC
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by miqos02(m): 9:14pm On Oct 30, 2015
tunad4rari:
Op is a lier ,no part of lagos ibadan expressway is like this cos I work on that road with RCC
mr, lagos/ibadan exp starts from berger in lagos, the traffic in question is from arepo down to alausa secretariat,
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by alofine79: 9:22pm On Oct 30, 2015
total lie no part of lagos Ibadan road worst like this
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by vestyne: 9:54pm On Oct 30, 2015
There is no part of that express road that looks like this. GEJ's administration started reconstruction of the road, though work seems to have stopped. The road as of today does not have any un-tarred section as in the falsely named pictures. The reporters just needed to get the president to pay attention to the road.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by luggy(m): 10:00pm On Oct 30, 2015
that is the work of change, i like this change
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by omooba969(m): 10:07pm On Oct 30, 2015
sescop:

Guy abeg explain what you mean by sharp guy
me and you dey the same deal ?

@bolded,

Wetin u mean sir?

Explain? Or u no be sharp guy for dat matter ni? Abeg no vex o, I no get time for long thing.

Enjoy. cool
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by ymom07(m): 10:30pm On Oct 30, 2015
some ppl will now shout buhari is nt working as if dia brother Goatluck Ebiole Jonatan that clained he spent billions of naira on the road did not just leave dia...bi courtney scam...they did nothing but rubbish... yet fools will shout buhari is nt working
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by Alexchubee(m): 11:11pm On Oct 30, 2015
I weep for my country Nigeria
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by ghananotnaija(m): 12:57am On Oct 31, 2015
Nigeria is a disgrace to Africa. Your leaders should visit Ghana to learn about how roads should be built and maintained.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by chrisblack: 5:37am On Oct 31, 2015
Moneyyy:
And yet there is a government in that zoo? Click like if you support Nigeria and share if you support Biafra
All of you that really knows nothing about the road should shut up.I was on this road on Thursday.I spent 3 hrs in the traffic.the issues was simply due to a wheat trailer that fell. This caused a grid lock because the spot it chooses to fall was a narrow part on the lagos-ibadan axis.this reduces the numbers of vehicles to one while the other would have to pass through the side of the road.Mind you this was during the rush hours of 3-4 when e eryboady is of the mind they need to rush home before others. Our problem is always our plan execution. They two major contractors should be mandated to first identify the major problematic sections along the roads.this from my experience are.1 berger bustop. A pedestrian brigade is needed.2. Mountain of fire University axis .This spot when it rains is a major bottle neck ,this potion can only allow for one vehicle at a time.3. Turning point before Deeper life.that section is bad,4. Mowe and ibafo.the trailers should be cleared.Indiscriminate parkings by commercial buses should be discouraged and enforced with stiff penalties. pedestrian bridges are needed there.5. Ogre Axis.the trailers on this part of the road needs to be cleared.the funny things is that you have a functional FRSC office at this junction.The officials will leave unworthy vehicles and trailers along the road.they will start going after new and expensive cars or Tokunbo.The contracts if they were to operate in climes with proper work and plan procedures would first fixed this points before embarking on any rehabilitations or reconstruction. We always do things the wrong way this portions have always being the problem and are still the problem on this axis.The issue of trailers and their indiscriminate use of the road and parkings need to be looked into.More private Trailer parking centers should be created along this axis.this will generate more revenue for govt.Private investors should be brought in.Govt should discourage the building of settlements by the trailer drivers along the roadside this in very dangerous.Some times you will see this tankers turning right on the express or just parking abruptly.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by chrisblack: 5:58am On Oct 31, 2015
vestyne:
There is no part of that express road that looks like this. GEJ's administration started reconstruction of the road, though work seems to have stopped. The road as of today does not have any un-tarred section as in the falsely named pictures. The reporters just needed to get the president to pay attention to the road.
yes gej started it but the cost was over bloated.this was part of the political patronage given to the late ooni through his company.Mind you this was the same company/that/over time stop adhering to standard. I hope the would repent.Guy there is a difference between an un-tarred road but motorable and tarred but in motorable.many sections of the road a not good. The key sections that constitute the grid lock are between the lagos-sagamu axis .that's is 1 berger junction 2. Mountain of fire 3. Mowe junction 4. Ibafo 5 depperlife turning 6. Redeem church.. I would prefer they leave work and move over to this spot .they should provide a fix in the area of pedestrian bridges and road expansions couple with rehabilitation works.This will bring about an immediate impact on the travelling experience of daily commuters
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by dannie007(m): 6:20am On Oct 31, 2015
OP ur Name nah Lion Linus, I never ever see such bad road for lagos ibadan express road! Stop decieving nigerians. Road wey I dey travel every month!!!!!!!!!! Like 3 times

Fynestboi:
Pictures... .

Punch....

http://punchng.com/2015/10/2199
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by Exponental(m): 7:05am On Oct 31, 2015
IlekeHD:
This is something Tinubu/Ambode and Ajimobi can work out
for where? More so.... the project has been awarded.
but on the contrary, this is not the expressway. people dodging traffic n getting messed up.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by debeey87(m): 7:32am On Oct 31, 2015
neocortex:
That is not Lagos-Ibadan expressway.
Just another lie from punch newspaper.
Baba u talk correct jare. Its either punch is lying or someone is trying to blacklist that road.

But on a more serious note,RCC needs to finish work on that road instead of the haphazard job they are doing. Though in a bad state but I can bet no part of that road is in that state

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by Akinkanju67(m): 7:46am On Oct 31, 2015
sescop:
this op can lie oooo
l can't remember any section of Lagos - Ibadan that is as bad as this shown above

You are correct cos I passed through the road this money. I wonder Lagos Ibadan express road op is talking about
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 31, 2015
sescop:
this op can lie oooo
Don't mind d liar jare he's an Idiot! It's d Longbridge between Opic - Wawa! So when ther's traffick u trust nigerians na! They'll surely find an Escape root! So they all went down 4rm d bridge passing d ground of those sites! d mumu wants front page and Thank God he's ther!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lets Talk Dubai / President Buhari Launches 10-Year Validity E-passport / Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.