Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,953 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

My Hilarious Pregancy Cravings... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Hilarious Pregancy Cravings... (2339 Views)

Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences / IMPORTANT: Pregancy Do's And Dont's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Hilarious Pregancy Cravings... by naijamomdiary(f): 5:37pm On Oct 30, 2015
I just thought of the stunts I pulled in all my pregnancies and decided to share it , when I say stunts I actually mean those moments you crave certain things and you throw tantrums at your husband just to get what you want. 

I'll never forget this day I craved noodles and  geisha with plenty pepper spice and a cold can of Fayrouz drink at 11pm . I had none of these at home not even pepper. I was restless, I tried to sleep but I kept thinking of a steamy plate of noodles and a chilled bottle of Fayrouz. At 12midnight I couldn't help it anymore, I woke my husband up and  said to him.
 "The baby wants a hot plate of peppered geisha noodles and a chilled can of Fayrouz drink".
He replied; "‎where on earth do you want me to get those at the dead of the night? It's 12midnight please  plead with the baby to wait till when the day breaks. I started weeping profusely like my whole world ended.

My husband got really confused as he saw me crying, he picked up his wallet and car keys and said he'll go to where Hausas sell groceries to buy what I need since they make sales all night. ‎I quickly wiped my eyes and told him to drive carefully. The pregnancy blues took better part of my thinking, I failed to realize how unsafe it was to drive that late at night in naija. 

Less than an hour he was home with every item I requested, I was so excited and went straight to the kitchen to make my peace meal for the unborn baby‎. I cooked and ate what I craved and was back to bed in no time. The following day my husband bought three different flavours of noodles, a carton of fayrouz canned drink, a carton of of geisha and finally a basket of fresh peppers. Ah! All these for what? I asked. He said so you'll stop sending me on a wild goose chase every midnight. The cravings for noodles stopped on sighting those food items. That's how pregnancy cravings flip in a moment.

On a fine day I was driving past a road side bukka and I saw the sumptuous looking Ewa agoyin( a small seeded specie of beans that takes several hours to cook) been dished out to some locals. I quickly packed by the road side and rolled out of the vehicle like a ball with my big tommy. I asked  how much a plate of Ewa costs? I was told 50naira. What?! That's cheap. I requested for one plate in a take-away pack and 2portions of plantain and a loaf of agege bread. I literarily felt my baby dancing in my tommy over the choice of food I was buying. The part that thrilled me most while the food was been packed was Were she poured some fried onions in palm oil over the Ewa agoyin. I promised myself to visit her more often...lmao.

I went straight home and devoured my meal with a bottle of water. I excitedly told my husband when he got home what I ate and in his usual manner he made mockery of me saying, "he took me out of the village to the city but the village doesn't want to leave me". It didn't stop there, after my antenatal visit one sunny day I saw a make shift tent canteen. I sincerely wanted to buy a bottle of water and go my way, on sighting a woman dishing out ofada stew, I tried to fight the urge but I couldn't take my eyes off it, I made up my mind to ask for ofada rice if they don't have I go my way. When they confirmed they had ofada rice, I said to myself they'll win this battle only once. In less than five minutes I saw myself eating ofada rice and stew. 

After I left I began thinking of the health implications of eating from all these road side vendors. I shook off the thought I went my way. Just a few times I craved ice cream or ice cubes‎ I never craved clay soil like some women do. 

It didn't stop me from cooking healthy meals at home and also take my pre-natal vitamins religiously. I avoided coffee and any form ‎of alcohol consumed orally. It's essential every pregnant eats healthy meals and live a healthy life generally. Exercise moderately it'll help when labor comes, don't drop the standard of your hygiene and most of all love yourself, your unborn child(ren) and your spouse unconditionally.  

Take care till I come your way again.

Please follow me on twitter: @naijamomdiary 
and share the blog link with family and friends too.‎

Re: My Hilarious Pregancy Cravings... by playtheblues(f): 5:42pm On Oct 30, 2015
Hmnnnn
Re: My Hilarious Pregancy Cravings... by Daniepris(f): 6:05pm On Oct 30, 2015
Lol...Ur hubby is a gud man to go out by dat tym
Re: My Hilarious Pregancy Cravings... by Theyveedo(m): 6:13pm On Oct 30, 2015
Lol...
Re: My Hilarious Pregancy Cravings... by Swissheart(f): 6:45pm On Oct 30, 2015
The baby wants ewa agonyin......the baby wants ofada......the baby abi you smiley....lol

1 Like

Re: My Hilarious Pregancy Cravings... by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 30, 2015
Even though I seldom eat out, these are two foods I usually crave when I see them. Ewa agoyin and Ofada rice. grin
I don't crave ice cream much but I'd never let a chocolate brownie pass me by.
I'm also a sucker for all kinds of pastries from scotch eggs to meat pies lol!
Bread and akara is king.
Little wonder I stay chubby. cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Hilarious Pregancy Cravings... by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 30, 2015
Swissheart:
The baby wants ewa agonyin......the baby wants ofada......the baby abi you smiley....lol
Lol! Mom already lying on the innocent unborn child.
Re: My Hilarious Pregancy Cravings... by Pidggin(f): 8:06pm On Oct 30, 2015
Brandnew2:
Even though I seldom eat out, these are two foods I usually crave when I see them. Ewa agoyin and Ofada rice. grin
I don't crave ice cream much but I'd never let a chocolate brownie pass me by.
I'm also a sucker for all kinds of pastries from scotch eggs to meat pies lol!
Bread and akara is king.
Little wonder I stay chubby. cheesy

Are you pregnant? cheesy
Re: My Hilarious Pregancy Cravings... by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 30, 2015
Pidggin:

Are you pregnant? cheesy
My pot belly has been 4 months old for ages now. grin
Re: My Hilarious Pregancy Cravings... by Pidggin(f): 8:09pm On Oct 30, 2015
Brandnew2:

My pot belly has been 4 months old for ages now. grin

grin grin
Re: My Hilarious Pregancy Cravings... by Swissheart(f): 8:15pm On Oct 30, 2015
Brandnew2:

Lol! Mom already lying on the innocent unborn child.
....exactly
Re: My Hilarious Pregancy Cravings... by timilehing(m): 7:01am On Oct 31, 2015
I actually don't understand why it's always road side food all these pregnant women craves for undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Hilarious Pregancy Cravings... by defendedvictim(m): 7:56am On Oct 31, 2015
Pidggin:

Are you pregnant? cheesy
grin lwkm; jst wat I was thinking

@topic: My wife had better not have ridiculous cravings o...

1 Like

Re: My Hilarious Pregancy Cravings... by bumbex(f): 12:21pm On Oct 31, 2015
I always crave for ofada rice and pomo
Re: My Hilarious Pregancy Cravings... by prettyjo(f): 6:42pm On Oct 31, 2015
lolzzzzz.

had a friend then.
her own craving was beer.she drinks 3 bottles daily and to think that she hates alcoholic drinks before she got pregnant.

Thank God the drink did not affect the baby

(1) (Reply)

Raising Business-savvy Kids / Tenants Wahala / Marriage Is About To End Please Help.for Matured Minds Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.