Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Top Things To Do In Cape Verde - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Top Things To Do In Cape Verde (1869 Views)

Cape Verde $500 USD Clearance Fee At POE / Six Reasons Why You Should Visit Cape Verde / Any Nairalander In Cape Verde Island Pls I Need Help To Relocate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top Things To Do In Cape Verde by mayreambarry: 7:36pm On Oct 30, 2015
A small island country discovered by Portuguese explorers in the 15th century, Cape Verde is located off the coast of Western Africa. It is an Archipelago of 10 islands with a blend of Brazilian and West African cultures. Major parts of the island include: Sal, Maio and Santiago. Its main inhabitants are Creoles majorly of mixed African and Portuguese heritage. Today the island is a major tourist destination whose economic growth is reliant on foreign investments and tourism.

Go Island Hopping:
Visit some of the amazing islands like Sal, Sao Vicente, Cidade Velha and Praia. Enjoy the breathtaking natural views, chill at the beautiful white sandy beaches of nearby Boa Vista, go hiking in Santo Antao which is the second highest island in the archipelago. You can also barter for fresh fish on the pier at Santa Maria.

Sao Submarine Tour:
Enjoy a submarine tour of the island to see unique tropical flora and fauna.

A tour of Sal:
See the salt mines of Sal built in dormant volcanoes, enjoy a biking tour of the island to see its landscapes, gorgeous beaches or a bath in Sal's mineralrich Pedra Lume salt lake to rejuvenate sun-parched skin.

Water Sports and the delectable local cuisine:
An ideal destination for various water sports like Jet skiing, Water Skiing, Scuba diving and Windsurfing. Enjoy the local cuisine which is a rich blend of its various Portuguese and African taste. Try out the canja which is a rich chicken soup and cachupa, a stew made of beans and fish/meat.
From daytime surfing to night-time partying with a shot of Aquardiente, Cape Verde offer an unforgettable holiday experience for island hoppers.

1 Like

Re: Top Things To Do In Cape Verde by aminho(m): 9:55am On Oct 31, 2015
Jewel of Africa
Re: Top Things To Do In Cape Verde by Santi222(m): 10:56pm On Nov 06, 2015
plenty places dey wait for me to visit o.

(1) (Reply)

Netherland Visa Refuse through France embassy And Ask to Appeal / Pls How Do I Get A Receipt After Paying Tuition Fee With Form A / Asides From Uae, Which Other Country Can I Migrate On Budget Of 1M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.