Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Multiple Antivirus Crashed My Pc Help! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Multiple Antivirus Crashed My Pc Help! (992 Views)

How To Repair A Spoilt/crashed Hard Drive / How Can I Configure My Pc To Browse Using Phone As A Modem / How Do I Remove A Windows Multiple Boot Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Multiple Antivirus Crashed My Pc Help! by tonysmart: 8:55pm On May 08, 2009
I have avira and Avast free edition in my pc and i got nod 32 trial edition, My pc was very slow  and  i disabled nod 32, Now i can not open ( control panel) any program. It tells me that my task manager has been disabled. Please how can delete all these antiviruses? Thank you.
Re: Multiple Antivirus Crashed My Pc Help! by brianromel(m): 6:28am On May 09, 2009
Start your system and press f8 to boot to safe mood,when in safe mood uninstall the antivirus,if nod32 does not permit u to uninstall the go to you local drive,programs file and delete eset folder.only after you have uninstalled it.
Re: Multiple Antivirus Crashed My Pc Help! by TwoTwo(m): 11:47am On May 10, 2009
Nairalanders,

Please, kindly advice me too if any one has used Norton Antivirus with Avast Free home edition before.
I want to install avast free edition on my Laptop as the Norton is not arresting all Virus.
But I want to be safe in doing this please advice.

Thanks
Re: Multiple Antivirus Crashed My Pc Help! by Ralvy(m): 12:15pm On May 10, 2009
tonysmart:

I have avira and Avast free edition in my pc and i got nod 32 trial edition, My pc was very slow  and  i disabled nod 32, Now i can not open ( control panel) any program. It tells me that my task manager has been disabled. Please how can delete all these antiviruses? Thank you.

It seems like both AntiVirus applications are not effective, probably not up to date and they're not picking viruses, which is why you have the control panel and the task manager disabled, altough, the antivirus apps may have gotten rid of those threats but didn't unlock the task manager as well as the control panel and other things. Enabling those is not much of an issue, simply run gpedit.msc and they'd be options to enable / disable all those things, can't be precise now,

TwoTwo:

Please, kindly advice me too if any one has used Norton Antivirus with Avast Free home edition before.
I want to install avast free edition on my Laptop as the Norton is not arresting all Virus.
But I want to be safe in doing this please advice.

I don't see why any of those applications shouldn't be active and deleting viruses, perhaps, they're not legitimate copies or are not up to date. If you want to use another product, simply uninstall the current AV, grab a copy of avast off the internet and run the setup script. However, keep in mind that a free product may not be as active as the pro editions and such.

Now, finally, always ensure you have just one antivirus running on your PC, what viruses / malware apps do is search for your files and infect them whereas antiviruses search the same files to heal them, in a situation where Norton notices that Avast is searching the system, the OS is at a lost as to why it is doing that and tries to get rid of it whereas the other av app tries to do the same, so you put the system under much work load which slows it down, etc.

I wish you luck getting that fixed, I also suggest you get a reliable standard antivirus, I just bought Kapersky Internet Security 2009 for N7,000 and it's been working fine, running virus free smiley

-[n3rve]
Re: Multiple Antivirus Crashed My Pc Help! by hayprof(m): 12:41pm On May 10, 2009
Its never advisable to Install more than one antivirus on one computer, . .What brought about this act by u ?
Re: Multiple Antivirus Crashed My Pc Help! by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 13, 2009
Ralvy:

It seems like both AntiVirus applications are not effective, probably not up to date and they're not picking viruses, which is why you have the control panel and the task manager disabled, altough, the antivirus apps may have gotten rid of those threats but didn't unlock the task manager as well as the control panel and other things. Enabling those is not much of an issue, simply run gpedit.msc and they'd be options to enable / disable all those things, can't be precise now,

I don't see why any of those applications shouldn't be active and deleting viruses, perhaps, they're not legitimate copies or are not up to date. If you want to use another product, simply uninstall the current AV, grab a copy of avast off the internet and run the setup script. However, keep in mind that a free product may not be as active as the pro editions and such.

Now, finally, always ensure you have just one antivirus running on your PC, what viruses / malware apps do is search for your files and infect them whereas antiviruses search the same files to heal them, in a situation where Norton notices that Avast is searching the system, the OS is at a lost as to why it is doing that and tries to get rid of it whereas the other av app tries to do the same, so you put the system under much work load which slows it down, etc.

I wish you luck getting that fixed, I also suggest you get a reliable standard antivirus, I just bought Kapersky Internet Security 2009 for N7,000 and it's been working fine, running virus free smiley

-[n3rve]
That happened to my laptop once, tried the gpedit.msc but enabling the task manager was only temporary.

(1) (Reply)

Any Grapcard Account Holder Pls Advise Me On How It's Work / I Need Comment On New Starcomms Router: It Effectiveness And Its Advantage / My Flash Is Broken. Please Is There Any Way I Can Recover The Files From It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.