Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

Am I Overreacting? In Law And Family stuff - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Overreacting? In Law And Family stuff (1797 Views)

Am I Overreacting Or Is It Normal / I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? / Is This Normal Or Am I Overreacting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Overreacting? In Law And Family stuff by beaubod: 7:39am On Oct 31, 2015
Sis in law called my hubby last night and his response, "I'll call u back, am not where I can talk now". I felt insulted so I spoke so his sis could hear dat am d one there wt him. She cut off d phone and I believed they went chatting.
Few minutes later, another call, they started petty talk and he stood up from d sitting room entered d room closed d lobby door, closed d room door and entered d bathroom! Just cos he doesn't want me hearing there discussion. What's that!
When they were through, he started teasing and romancing me cos he clearly saw I was annoyed.
It's painful cos am so free I discuss everything going in my own family wt him.
Shouldn't he at least find a time when am not around to discuss thrr issue instead of making me feel like an outsider.
Am I overreacting or something
Re: Am I Overreacting? In Law And Family stuff by ReabridCharles(m): 7:50am On Oct 31, 2015
My dear you're not overreacting. Maybe it's a sensitive matter and he doesn't want to share but it does hurt. Just talk to him about it. Am sure there must be an explanation

5 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting? In Law And Family stuff by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 31, 2015
Yes you are over reacting. He's not obliged to discuss every issue openly especially when it involves a third party.
So long he's not being secretive with every other thing.

4 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting? In Law And Family stuff by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 31, 2015
Great
Re: Am I Overreacting? In Law And Family stuff by EfemenaXY: 8:13am On Oct 31, 2015
beaubod:
Sis in law called my hubby last night and his response, "I'll call u back, am not where I can talk now". I felt insulted so I spoke so his sis could hear dat am d one there wt him. She cut off d phone and I believed they went chatting.
Few minutes later, another call, they started petty talk and he stood up from d sitting room entered d room closed d lobby door, closed d room door and entered d bathroom! Just cos he doesn't want me hearing there discussion. What's that!
When they were through, he started teasing and romancing me cos he clearly saw I was annoyed.
Shouldn't he at least find a time when am not around to discuss thrr issue instead of making me feel like an outsider.
Am I overreacting or something

Well, you could download software from the internet to use in monitoring and eavesdropping on his calls. He'll be none the wiser.

See? life doesn't have to be that difficult.

4 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting? In Law And Family stuff by bellong: 9:18am On Oct 31, 2015
Are you sure it was his sister that called or he saved the number with my sister... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting? In Law And Family stuff by beaubod: 9:26am On Oct 31, 2015
bellong:
Are you sure it was his sister that called or he saved the number with my sister... cheesy
Lol, it's d sister. Pretty sure
Re: Am I Overreacting? In Law And Family stuff by EfemenaXY: 9:45am On Oct 31, 2015
bellong:

Bellong! grin cheesy
Re: Am I Overreacting? In Law And Family stuff by TheSonOfMark(m): 10:11am On Oct 31, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Well, you could download software from the internet to use in monitoring and eavesdropping on his calls. He'll be none the wiser.

[img]http://media1./media/YlPeYXasYEPpC/200.gif[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting? In Law And Family stuff by beaubod: 10:26am On Oct 31, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Wouldn't even go dt far. Not actually interested in what they r discussing, it's dt singular act dat got me annoyed
Re: Am I Overreacting? In Law And Family stuff by LewsTherin: 10:44am On Oct 31, 2015
beaubod:

Wouldn't even go dt far. Not actually interested in what they r discussing, it's dt singular act dat got me annoyed

Have you spoken to him about it? Did you calmly and clearly explain how hurtful it was to you?

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting? In Law And Family stuff by bellong: 11:01am On Oct 31, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Bellong! grin cheesy

Madam Efe... Na question I asked... cheesy
Re: Am I Overreacting? In Law And Family stuff by SAMBARRY: 11:11am On Oct 31, 2015
Op let the matter go.pretend like you're not intrested in knowing whatever they discussed. When he's ready he'll tell you but if you keep pushing it that's when he'll not feel obligated to tell you. I do the same too.if I don't want my siblings to hear my phone conversation I tell the caller I'll call her back.it's When my siblings keep pushing me I just get pissed and tell them to drop it. If they leave me I just naturally feel compelled to tell them
Re: Am I Overreacting? In Law And Family stuff by GodnGold: 11:59am On Oct 31, 2015
You are over - over reacting...Less you know,less worry.Next time,open the door to the kitchen store and let him hide there to make the call.#myhumbleopinion

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting? In Law And Family stuff by EfemenaXY: 5:41pm On Oct 31, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

[img]http://media1./media/YlPeYXasYEPpC/200.gif[/img]

Lol!! Wetin? Abeg put your glasses back on. cheesy

beaubod:

Are you sure you aren't really interested? Cos the way I see it, you wouldn't have opened this thread if you were that unconcerned. Anyway, it's all good sha. smiley

bellong:

That your question was loaded! cheesy
Re: Am I Overreacting? In Law And Family stuff by babythug(f): 10:56pm On Oct 31, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Op let the matter go.pretend like you're not intrested in knowing whatever they discussed. When he's ready he'll tell you but if you keep pushing it that's when he'll not feel obligated to tell you. I do the same too.if I don't want my siblings to hear my phone conversation I tell the caller I'll call her back.it's When my siblings keep pushing me I just get pissed and tell them to drop it. If they leave me I just naturally feel compelled to tell them
Sisteh..... Sibling is different from spouse oh.
Re: Am I Overreacting? In Law And Family stuff by Ewuro4: 11:07pm On Oct 31, 2015
bellong:

Hmm

Heard this is the fad (via nollywood).. Saving ones cumcubines # w close relatives names.

@OP yes you're overreacting? Peeping is prohibited in my court of law.
Re: Am I Overreacting? In Law And Family stuff by Caracta(f): 12:20am On Nov 01, 2015
Maybe he was planning a surprise party or package for you cheesy
Re: Am I Overreacting? In Law And Family stuff by SAMBARRY: 4:59am On Nov 01, 2015
babythug:

Sisteh..... Sibling is different from spouse oh.
still drop it.at least every one needs privacy even in marriage
Re: Am I Overreacting? In Law And Family stuff by armyofone(m): 5:40am On Nov 01, 2015
grin could be true. Saving side chic phone number as in law azusa's is a trick from 16th century.

bellong:

Re: Am I Overreacting? In Law And Family stuff by TheSonOfMark(m): 9:43am On Nov 01, 2015
bellong:
Ewuro4:

Hmm

Heard this is the fad (via nollywood).. Saving ones cumcubines # w close relatives names.
Caracta:
Maybe he was planning a surprise party or package for you cheesy
armyofone:
grin could be true. Saving side chic phone number as in law azusa's is a trick from 16th century.

Women and conspiracy theories... Even Dan Brown would be impressed.cheesy
Re: Am I Overreacting? In Law And Family stuff by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 01, 2015
You are his wife . . .not so
At that point he didnt want you to hear what was being said.
No problem
oro ti won ni baba o ni gbo, baba na lo ma pari e
If you had given him time, he would have told you the whole story.

Maybe something happened or someone did something bad and he wants to protect his family for now
if you are someone he can confide in, he will still tell you the whole thing
Yours could also be a young marriage and with time you will be "fully integrated" into their family issues

Good thing he knew that he hurt you and tried to make amends by coming back to you
give him time
he will still tell you what transpired.
Re: Am I Overreacting? In Law And Family stuff by bellong: 10:34am On Nov 01, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Women and conspiracy theories... Even Dan Brown would be impressed.cheesy

Hmmmm... Conspiracy theory indeed.
Re: Am I Overreacting? In Law And Family stuff by Johnnoah1st: 10:37am On Nov 01, 2015
beaubod:
Shouldn't he at least find a time when am not around to discuss thrr issue instead of making me feel like an
why cant u just mind ur own business? so u want him to tell u everything dat happens in his family? like u tell ur brother some secret about u and he went on to tell his wife, how would u feel?

(1) (Reply)

Married People Only / 23 Pictures Depicting Differences Between Mom And Dad / Do You Have This At Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.