Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) (10331 Views)

Car Snatcher Killed At Obosi-nkpor , Onitsha Axis - Pictures / Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher / I Robbed People To Build A House-suspected Car Snatcher (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) by dre11(m): 10:20am On Oct 31, 2015
By Esther Onyegbula
When 31-year-old Israel Damascus, a Ghanaian, decided to relocate to Nigeria, little did he know that a day would come when he would abandon his work as a truck driver and start engaging in vices that will land him into trouble.
This is because he was recently arrested along with two others identified as Chuks Ikechukwu,30, and Kingsley Ebere, 28, by the police at the State Investigations Bureau (SIB) Lagos State Police Command, for allegedly being involved in a case of stolen vehicle.
According to the father of one, “My trouble started when I helped a friend to sell a vehicle. I didn’t know it was a stolen vehicle.

Unfortunately, I was arrested four months later when he was caught with a stolen Honda car. I made N500,000 as commission for selling the vehicle. I did not know the vehicle was stolen. All I did was connect him to a buyer. If I knew it was a stolen vehicle, I wouldn’t have showed the man my house.

“That was how my trouble started. I was arrested and transferred to Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) last year, where I spent six months in their custody before I was eventually charged to court. With the help of my people, I was granted bail. Unfortunately before I was released, my house rent expired, my wife gave birth and then I lost my job where I was working as a truck driver.
“I used to transport goods to different parts of the country. After I was released from SARS, the stigmatization was too much as people who knew me before refused to associate with me. They treated me as a criminal and because I needed to survive, I had to contact one Orji who I met while I was in SARS custody. It was Orji that introduced me into this business. Before I was arrested, I had successfully stolen two vehicles from my employers.

“I was arrested because I stole a Hyundai Accent car in July. When I stole the vehicle, I was employed as the driver. I actually applied through an agent. So, the agent connected me to the family and I worked with them for three days. I drove my boss to the pharmacy to buy drugs then I disappeared with the vehicle.
Immediately, I drove the vehicle to Ijebu-Ode and called my friend Orji to come because he knew I was going to steal a vehicle. That Hyundai Accent was the third vehicle I was stealing from people who unknowingly employed me as their driver using the same method.

“The first time I stole a vehicle from my employer was in the month of May, 2015, through a different agent. I was asked to fill a form by the first agency that helped me secure the job. Then, I went to my employers and resumed. I worked with them for a week before I stole the vehicle and took it to Akwa Ibom State where I sold it to Chucks for N400,000. Most times, I had little left by the time I finish settling all the people who introduced me to the transaction. Most times, I would be left with about N18,0000. The second car I stole from my employer, I sold it to Chuks for N300,000.
Usually when I come to Lagos to hunt for job, I lodge in a hotel. The last job agency I applied through demanded for a guarantor. In a bid to get a guarantor, a friend of mine directed me to a photographer at CMS. He sold people’s passport to me at the rate of N400,000. I would then use the passport to fill the guarantor’s form with names of people I don’t know.

“Right now, I feel very bad. I feel bad about my actions. I regret my actions, not because I have been arrested, but because it is not in my character to steal. It was bad condition that actually led me into crime. When I was arrested last year, I spent 6 months at SARS. By the time I came back, I faced a lot of stigmatization. I lost my job and my house rent expired. My woman delivered our baby in someone’s house and things became really difficult. I lived in Port-Harcourt for four years before I got involved in this business. If I am released, I will go back to my country in Ghana. I am from Central Region in Ghana.”

In his defence, Chuks Ikechukwu, 30, a native of Ohafia, in Abia State, said “I was arrested in Aba because someone called me to come and buy a vehicle. It was actually my town person that called me. It was Orji that introduced me to Damascus. The first vehicle he sold to me was stolen, but I did not know. I bought the vehicle for N650,000 but Orji collected N200,000 while Chuks got N400,000. I didn’t suspect the car because it was a used vehicle. I do not have a car but I help people to sell their used vehicles. When they brought the second vehicle, Orji opened up and told me that it was a stolen car. I bought the car because my wife was pregnant and I wanted to use it for my personal use.
But at a point, I had to sell it when my mother became sick and my pregnant wife delivered through Caesarian session. I bought the second vehicle for N400,000. I gave Orji N200,000 and Damascus N200,000. Later, I sold it for N1m. When people bring their used vehicles for me to sell, they bring original documents of the vehicles which correspond with the chassis number and engine number so I didn’t know they were forged. I feel bad for my actions. I was into boutique business before I got involved in car business. I am married with a child.”
Kingsley Ebere, 28 “I have known Chuks for about a year. He said he gave me a vehicle to sell for him but the truth is that he did not give me any vehicle. I am from Imo State, Ideato LGA. I have done re-wire work for him before because that is my job. I am innocent. I do not know anything about the case.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/my-exploits-as-car-snatcher-ghanaian-truck-driver/

Photo:The suspects, Chuks Ikechukwu, Israel Damacus, and Kingsley Ebere

lalasticlala

Re: My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 31, 2015
Find a better job my dear

Check my signature everyone
Re: My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) by Aminat508(f): 10:21am On Oct 31, 2015
angryPlease check this link,Light need your help

https://www.nairaland.com/2517785/save-light-great-fighterPlease

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) by Theyveedo(m): 10:21am On Oct 31, 2015
Rapture!!!
Re: My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) by Tunami(m): 11:07am On Oct 31, 2015
this man left ghana and came to nigeria to add more havoc to the already existing ones, anyway i wish them safe journey to kirikiri land.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) by Aminat508(f): 11:27am On Oct 31, 2015

Re: My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) by villareal15(m): 11:27am On Oct 31, 2015
too bad
Re: My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 31, 2015
The guy helped someone sell a stolen vehicle....got into trouble and as a result went into crime full time.

Just a warning....when buying a car, or selling a car, make sure it is not stolen, because under the laws of Nigeria, you can get into trouble for selling a stolen car even if you did not know.
Re: My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 31, 2015
... The suspects, Chuks Ikechukwu, Israel Damacus, and Kingsley Ebere
**** lalasticlala... Ah no tell u? ****

8 Likes

Re: My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) by eleko1: 11:30am On Oct 31, 2015
I knw those wise(business)men from the East go dey among undecided.Waka fast sad b4 dey catch me undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) by Chanchit: 11:32am On Oct 31, 2015
Na wa o, dem no even sabi lie as if saying your wife is pregnant would reduce their sentence.
I'm sorry to say this but I would say it jare.
I think this is Ghana+Biafra connection, I called it Biafra cos the people calling for secession are the jobless ones.

2 Likes

Re: My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) by BTT(m): 11:32am On Oct 31, 2015
Nigeria.

I knew the 'Ghanian' will only end at the headline, so I was not surprised when I opened the thread to see his 'exploits' in Nigeria, which was first mentioned in the very first line.

Two. This is what our criminal justice system does to people. He went into custody for an 'alleged' crime and came out psychologically deformed than reformed.

2 Likes

Re: My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) by BlackrulesDworld(m): 11:33am On Oct 31, 2015
Ibos most lucrative job is stealing, piracy and drug trafficking.

2 Likes

Re: My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 31, 2015
Na so ghanians mumu reash Yu dey sell stolen car and yu nor dey make enuf profit?! Chai!!
Re: My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) by omoelesa(m): 11:38am On Oct 31, 2015
dre11:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/my-exploits-as-car-snatcher-ghanaian-truck-driver/

:The suspects, Chuks Ikechukwu, Israel Damacus, and Kingsley Ebere

1 Like

Re: My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) by eleko1: 11:40am On Oct 31, 2015
Wish the hopeless drunkard xxxtedyxxx is reading dis.
Aminat508:
angryPlease check this link,Light need your help

https://www.nairaland.com/2517785/save-light-great-fighterPlease
I'll do my best in dis campaign both online/offline.Her LIGHT shall not be put off.God bless U Aminat508

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) by basileze: 11:41am On Oct 31, 2015
BlackrulesDworld:

Tell that to your Father @Buruji Kashamu etal

2 Likes

Re: My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) by Captainswag225(m): 11:41am On Oct 31, 2015
There isn't a Ghanaian name like Israel Damascus

2 Likes

Re: My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 31, 2015
BlackrulesDworld:
Re: My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) by Captainswag225(m): 11:42am On Oct 31, 2015
Jadonjack:
Na so ghanians mumu reash Yu dey sell stolen car and yu nor dey make enuf profit?! Chai!!
watch ur mouth there
Re: My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) by crackhouse(m): 11:44am On Oct 31, 2015
This passport thing got me frightened. So people can sell sb's passport to another to use for guarantor. I don dey fear this photographers o.

1 Like

Re: My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 31, 2015
Captainswag225:
watch ur mouth there

Did yu nt read the guy's statement He already missed the boat
Re: My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) by aspabay(m): 11:53am On Oct 31, 2015
Came to see the names. Okay I'm not disappointed. Yeeboos

1 Like

Re: My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) by Chidizman(m): 11:56am On Oct 31, 2015
Now the Tribalists will come to check names cheesy Toh bad
Re: My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) by calabardick(m): 11:56am On Oct 31, 2015
igbos..... empowering crime in nigeria since 1700

Re: My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) by ebubey(f): 11:57am On Oct 31, 2015
lol
Re: My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) by YourData247(m): 12:00pm On Oct 31, 2015
Kul
Re: My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) by ijustdey: 12:06pm On Oct 31, 2015
You left your homeland and come down here to commit crime...

that's how they would commit crime in another clime and natives will associate them as Nigerians because they believe anyone who is a black African that commit crime must definitely come from Nigeria
Re: My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) by haryomikun(m): 12:08pm On Oct 31, 2015
Ehen.. No problem sir. E don tay wey u dey do am undecided

Meanwhile,,,

DJ haywire is back reloaded and on the wheels of steel in full gear!
Another of his mixtapes has been released and can be downloaded now . Also there's a high reduction in size( 25mb) with no reduction in quality . Only hitch is the direct link can't be posted on NL because of ban by the Anti spam bot

However, you can get the download link and tracklist here below. Trust me guys, you won't be disappointed wink

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1681153945435947&id=1679939348890740
Re: My Exploits As Car Snatcher —Ghanaian Truck Driver (Pictured) by asvpChuu(m): 12:10pm On Oct 31, 2015
Mtcheew... I was listening to dej loaf. cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gunmen Bomb Police Station In Anambra, But No Life Lost / Isaac Nduka Eya Kidnapped With His Driver. N15m Ransom Demanded / A Girl Cuts Her Friend With A Blade Because She Snatched Her Sugar Daddy (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.