Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

I Have Given Up On Going To School After 5 Yrs Of Trying - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Have Given Up On Going To School After 5 Yrs Of Trying (2292 Views)

NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP / The Query Letter Given To An Employee Of Toro LGA, Bauchi State / My Boss Asked Me To Go Back To School. Before I Slip Into Depression, Help Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Given Up On Going To School After 5 Yrs Of Trying by ORIJIN201(m): 11:35am On Oct 31, 2015
like my title up there I have given up on going further after writing jamb to enter universities n polytechnics for 5 good yrs with nothing to show for it, am a science student with a complete waec result and I want to acquire skills instead of wasting my fathers money on trying to go to school pls I need advice on what I can do coz any decision I take now will definitely affect me for the rest of my life as I am still 19yrs 8 months of age, I want to be useful to myself n my society instead of chasing my education which is not working for me right now.
Any mods could help me to push this to FP cc; lalasticala, seun pls.
Re: I Have Given Up On Going To School After 5 Yrs Of Trying by Zzyco: 11:42am On Oct 31, 2015
Car wash would do you just good.

1 Like

Re: I Have Given Up On Going To School After 5 Yrs Of Trying by Seun(m): 11:42am On Oct 31, 2015
What problems have you been experiencing, specifically? The things that make it hard for you to thrive in school may also affect you outside school, so you need to identify them and tackle them. Tell us everything that has happened to you so we can give you good advice. Cheers.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have Given Up On Going To School After 5 Yrs Of Trying by asvpChuu(m): 11:43am On Oct 31, 2015
Mtcheew... I was listening to dej loaf. cool
Re: I Have Given Up On Going To School After 5 Yrs Of Trying by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 31, 2015
everything will be ok in the end.
if it is not ok, then its definitely not the end..
u failed not because u failed, buh becos u gave up trying
btw.... wit dat ur age, u still gat alot of opportunity. ..
dont give up ma frd

1 Like

Re: I Have Given Up On Going To School After 5 Yrs Of Trying by ORIJIN201(m): 11:51am On Oct 31, 2015
Seun:
What problems have you been experiencing, specifically? The things that make it hard for you to thrive in school may also affect you outside school, so you need to identify them and tackle details. Tell us everything that has happened to you so we can give you good advice. Cheers.
maybe I really don't like reading a lot am an average student, I hate theories, I hate imagination. That is the way of life in Nigerian schools n am not trying to blame the public's school I went too, I realised I won't cope, I like taking reponsibilities for my actions n that's what am doing now, instead of blaming my school or my teacher or my parents for my doings. I could learn to be a apprentice which has to do with practicals only but I know it won't be easy but am ready to take that chance if my life would move forward!

2 Likes

Re: I Have Given Up On Going To School After 5 Yrs Of Trying by Aminat508(f): 11:54am On Oct 31, 2015
Your moniker sef

1 Like

Re: I Have Given Up On Going To School After 5 Yrs Of Trying by Eshiettk(m): 11:57am On Oct 31, 2015
Never give up my dear friend. I was 17 when I finished sec school, I waited 10years to get into a flight school, I never gave up. You can do it too, be encouraged. Don't give up.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Given Up On Going To School After 5 Yrs Of Trying by ORIJIN201(m): 11:59am On Oct 31, 2015
Aminat508:
Your moniker sef
lol am a regular just registered this new one coz of my identity, I actually drew inspiration from the ORIJIN101 Moniker. cool
Re: I Have Given Up On Going To School After 5 Yrs Of Trying by Adortem: 12:05pm On Oct 31, 2015
Seun:
What problems have you been experiencing, specifically? The things that make it hard for you to thrive in school may also affect you outside school, so you need to identify them and tackle details. Tell us everything that has happened to you so we can give you good advice. Cheers.
Sir,I think this topic is frontpage worthy,could you move it to frontpage? This guy need a lot of advise...
Re: I Have Given Up On Going To School After 5 Yrs Of Trying by Adortem: 12:05pm On Oct 31, 2015
Seun:
Sir,I think this topic is frontpage worthy,could you please move it to frontpage? This guy needs some advice and I feel there are lots of youngsters out there that feel the same way he is feeling right now...
Re: I Have Given Up On Going To School After 5 Yrs Of Trying by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 31, 2015
Op, ur own don better, seun is viewing this
Re: I Have Given Up On Going To School After 5 Yrs Of Trying by Olalan(m): 12:09pm On Oct 31, 2015
OP, pls don't give up on tertiary education, I know how it feels myself having done jamb 3 times before getting through.
I would advise you choose courses that are less competitive(microbiology, biochemistry are less competitive than medicine and pharmacy) also if a federal school consider one that has your state as a catchment area and institutions that are in your state of origin.
In the interim you could get yourself skilled in information technology cause it can get you a small job but be careful it doesn't affect your time to study for your exams.
Wishing you success in your next exams.
Re: I Have Given Up On Going To School After 5 Yrs Of Trying by Joy83(m): 12:18pm On Oct 31, 2015
You can try IJMB means of entering university (if interested, contact me) . Irrespective of how, strife more to have post secondary school certificate for unforeseen future relevance.
It is not too late at your age, so you can try other means to have higher institution certificate being College of Education, Polytechnic/College, or University.

Remember, it is not over until you WIN!!!
Re: I Have Given Up On Going To School After 5 Yrs Of Trying by ORIJIN201(m): 12:27pm On Oct 31, 2015
Joy83:
You can try IJMB means of entering university (if interested, contact me) . Irrespective of how, strife more to have post secondary school certificate for unforeseen future relevance.
It is not too late at your age, so you can try other means to have higher institution certificate being College of Education, Polytechnic/College, or University.

Remember, it is not over until you WIN!!!
as I have said earlier its not in my agenda anymore! Lalasticala come to my help o. Abeg!
Re: I Have Given Up On Going To School After 5 Yrs Of Trying by slimmyjimmy(m): 12:31pm On Oct 31, 2015
Zzyco:
Car wash would do you just good.
Your head dey there
Re: I Have Given Up On Going To School After 5 Yrs Of Trying by joelreg(m): 12:39pm On Oct 31, 2015
ORIJIN201:
as I have said earlier its not in my agenda anymore! Lalasticala come to my help o. Abeg!

You can try city and guild. They have centre in PH and Warri for civil, mechanical and electrical engineering. They are practical oriented school and accredited globally.
Info is power.

1 Like

Re: I Have Given Up On Going To School After 5 Yrs Of Trying by ORIJIN201(m): 12:50pm On Oct 31, 2015
joelreg:

You can try city and guild. They have centre in PH and Warri for civil, mechanical and electrical engineering. They are practical oriented school and accredited globally.
Info is power.
what about Lagos cox am currently in Lagos..
Re: I Have Given Up On Going To School After 5 Yrs Of Trying by ORIJIN201(m): 1:11pm On Oct 31, 2015
Am very disappointed in this forum!
Re: I Have Given Up On Going To School After 5 Yrs Of Trying by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 31, 2015
One thing you have to understand @Origin201 is that Education in the 21st century is way beyond the four walls of the University.
Education as it is now is a lifetime endeavour. What you learnt 10 years ago is almost if not completely obsolete now.

As regards your learning disabilities, it is not the end of the world. You can always acquire skills while you pursue you passion.

Regardless of whatever certificate or encomiums you accomplish in life the most important question you should ask yourself as the end of the day is "are you fulfilled?".

So whatever you do, just be the best at it and success will definitely knock at your door no matter how long it takes.
Re: I Have Given Up On Going To School After 5 Yrs Of Trying by ikbnice(m): 2:14pm On Oct 31, 2015
you are nt yet twenty and you're giving up. I know of a father and his daughter in the same university and studying the same course. Your mindset matter most.
Re: I Have Given Up On Going To School After 5 Yrs Of Trying by ORIJIN201(m): 2:29pm On Oct 31, 2015
Brandnew2:
One thing you have to understand @Origin201 is that Education in the 21st century is way beyond the four walls of the University.
Education as it is now is a lifetime endeavour. What you learnt 10 years ago is almost if not completely obsolete now.

As regards your learning disabilities, it is not the end of the world. You can always acquire skills while you pursue you passion.

Regardless of whatever certificate or encomiums you accomplish in life the most important question you should ask yourself as the end of the day is "are you fulfilled?".

So whatever you do, just be the best at it and success will definitely knock at your door no matter how long it takes.
okay have been thinking for a while now, I think I will leave education n focus on acquiring skills 4 now, n later go back to school, anyone could suggest a very good handwork for me....
Re: I Have Given Up On Going To School After 5 Yrs Of Trying by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 31, 2015
ORIJIN201:
okay have been thinking for a while now, I think I will leave education n focus on acquiring skills 4 now, n later go back to school, anyone could suggest a very good handwork for me....
No one can suggest anything to you because no one here knows you better than yourself.

Whatever you do, has to be something you're really interested in.

This is just a hint.
If you like computers, then you can start programming.

If you are artistic and creative, then you can start graphic design.

If you are into cars, you can start being an automobile engineer.

If you like food, you can become a chef or cook.

If you like music, you can become a d.j.

It goes on an on like that. So what you have to find out is what do you like doing?

1 Like

Re: I Have Given Up On Going To School After 5 Yrs Of Trying by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 31, 2015
I wrote jamb four times,and I got admission at the fifth one,i was discouraged,broken,but my mum never made me quit.

Today am a graduate of economics,Lagos state university,and a proud proprietor.

In life,never give up.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Given Up On Going To School After 5 Yrs Of Trying by Isiterere(m): 6:10pm On Oct 31, 2015
You need to identify your challenges first before looking for solution. You seems confused right now. Who told you that you are good in practicals? I wonder how,when and where you got it all wrong considering your age when you passed out of secondary school? Age is still on your side,use it wisely.

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: I Have Given Up On Going To School After 5 Yrs Of Trying by FincoApps(m): 11:48pm On Oct 31, 2015
To me your own is FAAAR BETTER. I wrote SSCE up to 7 times. Imagine how I lost hope because I could not even practice my desires (Programming). Mine was very bad because without SSCE you cannot do anything, you can't do Direct entry. Even all foreign universities required SSCE.

But if you have SSCE, there are different programs you can do that would get you to a university without writing JAMB self. Even that popular togo university does not require JAMB so don't feel too bad at all. Cheer up smiley
Re: I Have Given Up On Going To School After 5 Yrs Of Trying by dannybomb(m): 11:55pm On Oct 31, 2015
bill gates was a drop out.

1 Like

Re: I Have Given Up On Going To School After 5 Yrs Of Trying by joelreg(m): 2:48pm On Nov 01, 2015
ORIJIN201:
what about Lagos cox am currently in Lagos..

Sorry for replying late.
There is no studying centre for the above courses unless you wanted to study different course entirely.
Mail their lagos centre they will direct you.
Google city and guild, I cant remember their website now.
From their site you will get their Nigeria (lagos) contact info
They will direct you accordingly if u are ready not to give up cos of few challenges
Re: I Have Given Up On Going To School After 5 Yrs Of Trying by Seun(m): 2:50pm On Nov 01, 2015
Your story is still not complete. Tell us exactly what has happened to you educationally over the last 5 years. Give us the complete story.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Given Up On Going To School After 5 Yrs Of Trying by TopeQs: 3:41pm On Nov 01, 2015
OP....i can't choose for you.........but think about this...

I finished sec school at 15, and made my waec once, I wanted to be a doctor, meaning if I had gained admission that year I'll probably finish by 22, guess what, I'm now 22 and the only certificate I have after ssce is an OND in quantity surveying, after staying years without admission I had to accept an admission from Kwara poly after passing jamb(the lowest I ever got in jamb was 191, and I wrote 5times) and post jamb( even scoring 75% at a particular school exam)..............but now I've been given admission at a university in Minna(Futminna) and also an admission for HND in laspotech.......to study quantity surveying in both.

maybe I'm wasn't meant to study medicine but quantity surveying, cos now I enjoy quantity surveying and wouldn't change it for anything..........

it's left for you to decipher the moral/scope in this write-up, stay blessed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Given Up On Going To School After 5 Yrs Of Trying by UyiIredia(m): 7:54am On Nov 05, 2015
ORIJIN201:
like my title up there I have given up on going further after writing jamb to enter universities n polytechnics for 5 good yrs with nothing to show for it, am a science student with a complete waec result and I want to acquire skills instead of wasting my fathers money on trying to go to school pls I need advice on what I can do coz any decision I take now will definitely affect me for the rest of my life as I am still 19yrs 8 months of age, I want to be useful to myself n my society instead of chasing my education which is not working for me right now.
Any mods could help me to push this to FP cc; lalasticala, seun pls.

Well don't give up my broda is 20 and is in the same shoe with you. I myself dropped out of uni and have no regrets about it. Find what interests you and engage in it, dats all I can advise. Schools were established by people who took initiative, it's ironic it robs many people of initiative.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Start Building Your Career With This. / Medical Doctors Beware / Quickcheck Vs Paylater!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.