Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard (4531 Views)

Onu To Use Only made In Nigeria Vehicles / Ministers Without Portfolio Not New In Nigeria, Saraki Tells Buhari / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard by Descartes: 2:31pm On Oct 31, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has said that his government cannot afford to pay forty-two ministers and that not all ministerial nominees screened by the Senate will have portfolios.

The President also said that Nigeria has been ‘material and morally vandalized’ and that he will reduce the numbers of ministries.
President Muhammadu Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari

Buhari in an interview with Channels TV and Nigerian Television Authority, NTA, in New Delhi in India said that he is working with people introduced to him by others that he trust and must work with them.

Buhari while reacting to a question on the divide in the National Assembly over Rotimi Amaechi’s confirmation as minister said he did not work into the presidency alone hence he can not work alone and that some of those having problems at the National Assembly he had never met them.

‘This is team work, I said I know some people but there are others, I accepted from other people that I trust without even knowing them.’

‘May be those that are having problems in the National Assembly I doubt if I have met them in my life but then, I am working with others.’

‘I did not work into the presidency alone. I have to defend all the three tiers of government from all parts of the country.’

Backing his 36 Minister nominees Buhari said that he cannot work out outside the constitution and that ministers must be appointed in conformity with the constitution of the Federal Government that stipulates that ministerial appointment must reflect the 36 states of the country.

And that these minister nominees though representing their states some will not have portfolios but will be part of his cabinet.

‘We can not work outside the constitution there must be a cabinet representative from each state.’
grin

‘There use to be forty two ministers but I think we can barely keep half of that now because we cannot afford it.

‘Others may not be substantive ministers but they will sit in the cabinet because that is what the constitution said and we can’t operate outside the constitution’

‘We are reducing the number of ministries we can’t afford to pay.’

‘Where is the money? Do you know the Federal Government has to help twenty seven states out of thirty six to pay salaries?.’

‘Nigeria can not pay salaries Nigeria had to summon the Governor of the Central Bank to see how it could pay salaries not to talk of projects, agreement signed with foreign countries, counter funding and so on. The country was material vandalized and morally so.’

On his ambition to see that the dreaded Boko Haram group is crushed by December the president said that his is optimistic on the capability of the military and other government agencies in crushing the terrorists and as he feels sorry for those who think otherwise or have given up on winning the war against terrorist.

‘I am an optimistic person. I am sorry for those who have already given up. I remain confident that our military and other law enforcement agencies are more than equal to the task.’

‘Don’t forget that I made an earlier statement to the effect that the Nigerian military and police earned accolades all over the world: Liberia, Sierra Leone, Sudan.’

“They earned international respect and then here you are, the Nigerian military and other law enforcement agencies could not secure 14 local governments out of 774 until the government was changed.’

Further more on how he feels when critics say he is being selective in the fight against corruption Buhari said that anyone who is not corrupt should not be afraid rather they should encourage him to go headlong with the fight.

‘…if they are not involve in corruption they won’t mind they would encourage us to get whoever compromised his position in the trust being given on to him. I see it in the papers, watch it on screen but I have never lost a sleep on it because those that are not corrupt should even encourage us to do more. But those that are interested in the safety of those that have abused trust in the country office will go to any length including bribing people to give false information and so on.’

He went on to say that he is not being selective in his fight against corruption and that any bdy caught will be prosecuted for Nigerians to see.

‘Whoever is caught the document use in incriminating him or her will be use to prosecute him for Nigerians to know who has abused thrust’

On how he want to remembered the president said that ‘if we survived it I want Nigerian to have found out that I was genuine,a real patriot not that I only fought the Civil war but fought corruption to a stand still’.
Hmmm

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/we-cant-afford-to-pay-42-ministers-buhari/

An ancient dinausur who has lost touch of reality and incapable to govern a multi-tribalistic entity called Zoogeria in the 21st century
grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard by asvpChuu(m): 2:33pm On Oct 31, 2015
Mtcheew... I was listening to dej loaf. cool

1 Like

Re: Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 31, 2015
Lalasticlala

vanguard! Vanguard!! Vanguard!!!

How many times did I call you?

Just because you asked a question about Amechi and he answered about those nominees I deem unqualified doesn't mean he was still talking about Amechi. Theose people that he said he never met were people like Anwuka of Imo State. He has promised to work with people he knew and that should be the caption of your publication. That alone is controversial enough. Why make it an insult.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard by Mogidi: 2:35pm On Oct 31, 2015
Some of us voted a man clearly suffering from advanced Alzheimers disease, we're back to the days of Yar'Adua,

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 31, 2015
BUBU can lie e grin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard by Descartes: 2:40pm On Oct 31, 2015
Re: Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard by benedictnsi(m): 2:40pm On Oct 31, 2015
This is just like empty-hen, denying sending customers messages grin

BTW... Are you sure it is pa Bubu that said this If yes, we need to import a lie Detector

3 Likes

Re: Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard by Aminat508(f): 2:40pm On Oct 31, 2015

Re: Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard by wachakuta(m): 2:41pm On Oct 31, 2015
Never trust vanguard news

3 Likes

Re: Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard by jumobi1(m): 2:42pm On Oct 31, 2015
He is talking about other people screened and not Amaechi. It was a evasive statement

3 Likes

Re: Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard by fulaniHERDSman(m): 2:43pm On Oct 31, 2015
angry
Re: Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 31, 2015
Re: Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard by Splashme: 2:43pm On Oct 31, 2015
Buhari keeps making himself a laughing stock

2 Likes

Re: Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard by Descartes: 2:44pm On Oct 31, 2015
victorels:

paste it under the original post.

Check again, I have done that smiley
Re: Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard by Descartes: 2:45pm On Oct 31, 2015
wachakuta:
Never trust vanguard news

Meaning?
Re: Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard by cupidFlint(m): 2:48pm On Oct 31, 2015
Isn't this strange?
Soon we'd be hearing news by the president that there isn't insurgency in the north. Dementia indeed

1 Like

Re: Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 31, 2015
trying so hard to discredit the president. it must suck to be you. the role of opposition and the title of wailer can't be easy, I can see.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard by paulchucks: 2:51pm On Oct 31, 2015
a [resident that can remember the exact name of his deputy or the meaning of inec what do you expect singing in phynos voice NDI ARA!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard by princew2(m): 2:51pm On Oct 31, 2015
I can believe it.
Re: Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard by Beremx(f): 2:54pm On Oct 31, 2015
Mogidi:
Some of us voted a man clearly suffering from advanced Alzheimers disease, we're back to the days of Yar'Adua,
some of us? You didn't vote for him so why are you pained?

7 Likes

Re: Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard by Descartes: 2:55pm On Oct 31, 2015
Beremx:

Please Beremx, what's your take on the matter? smiley
Re: Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard by themilanway(m): 2:55pm On Oct 31, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy These fools and nit wits can't do with out talking about Buhari for a day.

I'm sure they self service with his pic cheesy cheesy cheesy yet come online to create non existing news with his name.

Jobless and useless mofos

4 Likes

Re: Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard by Beremx(f): 2:59pm On Oct 31, 2015
Descartes:

Please Beremx, what's your take on the matter? smiley
you did not read the topic to understand the highlighted. Go back and read carefully but slowly.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard by 4Kemzy(m): 2:59pm On Oct 31, 2015
The shying shyer president is shy with the press in Nigeria but will go to a common country like India and start divulging vital informations that is supposed to be said in Nigeria and to Nigerians. This man nah correct ANU MPAMA. Shy Buhari! [/color][color=#990000]

1 Like

Re: Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard by EMANY01(m): 3:03pm On Oct 31, 2015
Descartes:
Hmmm

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/we-cant-afford-to-pay-42-ministers-buhari/
grin grin

On his ambition to see that the dreaded Boko Haram group is crushed by December the president said that his is optimistic on the capability of the military and other government agencies in crushing the terrorists and as he feels sorry for those who think otherwise or have given up on winning the war against terrorist.

‘I am an optimistic person. I am sorry for those who have already given up. I remain confident that our military and other law enforcement agencies are more than equal to the task.’

‘Don’t forget that I made an earlier statement to the effect that the Nigerian military and police earned accolades all over the world: Liberia, Sierra Leone, Sudan.’

“They earned international respect and then here you are, the Nigerian military and other law enforcement agencies could not secure 14 local governments out of 774 [size=18pt]until the government was changed[/size]
.’

Just for the record the section in bolded italic is a lie from the pit of hell.
I fear for this country when the president not his paid agents or party allies this time can utter such a bold faced lie and foolishly attempt to revise recent events that we all know .
We are no longer on a slippery slope,we are on a down hill roll.
Re: Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard by Descartes: 3:04pm On Oct 31, 2015
Beremx:
you did not read the topic to understand the highlighted. Go back and read carefully but slowly.

You are the one who does not understand the context of that statement.

1 Like

Re: Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard by Beremx(f): 3:07pm On Oct 31, 2015
Descartes:

You are the one who does not understand the context of that statement.
ok

1 Like

Re: Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard by dunkem21(m): 3:10pm On Oct 31, 2015
I can help ..
Re: Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard by Iykopee(m): 3:12pm On Oct 31, 2015
Mad presidiot
Re: Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard by EMANY01(m): 3:15pm On Oct 31, 2015
Iykopee:
Mad presidiot

Please can i copy right this?

Presidiot..... priceless......
Re: Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard by Mogidi: 3:15pm On Oct 31, 2015
Beremx:

Why am I pained? Is Buhari governing those who voted for him alone?

I spent 4hrs looking for petrol and you ask me why I am pained? Abeg no make me vex, I don suffer reach for today.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard by dunkem21(m): 3:19pm On Oct 31, 2015
Mogidi:

Why am I pained? Is Buhari governing those who voted for him alone?

I spent 4hrs looking for petrol and you ask me why am pained. Abeg no make me vex, I don suffer reach for today.

Bros, the fuel matter don tire person ..

..If na GEJ now, ngeneukwe for don open countless thread ..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

GEJ Or GMB: If Today Was Match 28, Who'd Get Your Vote? / (just In) Niger Delta Avengers Called Radio Biafra(read There Demands) / MUST READ Letter From Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi To President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.