Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device (37448 Views)

Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. / How To Watch DSTV Channels Live On Your Android Device / MTN Android Device Now Available? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by yorex2011: 12:50pm On Oct 31, 2013
since i got my first android a year ago, its made life a lil easier for me....dont get me wrong any smartfone will do(ios, windows) but i'm writing this based on my experience
first and foremost a good android device can save you from a lot of stress and tricky situations,
with an android device you do not need a modem, when u've got wifi and usb tethering: have ur own personal wifi hotspot to connect ur pc to and also help out friends in need of internet connectivity.

utilising ur android device to the fullest is impossible without downloading the right apps...below is a list of awesome apps that can make life easier.
1. camscanner : camscanner is an android app that allows the users to scan documents at very good quality even converts to pdf when u're done (u might need a fone with at least 5mp and autofocus)...the app has helped me out countless times, when u need to fill out an online form and upload documents, u can do that on the go using cam scanner.

2. quickoffice: this is an android alternative to microsoft office on windows and gives u almost all the options u wud get in the windows software. u can create and edit word, excel and powerpoint documents on d go with ur android device

3. tasker: this app is one of the craziest apps i've seen on android.u can literarily turn ur smart fone to a smarter fone.its an app that allows you to programme your fone to do certain things when certain conditions are met.an example of what i did is to programme my fone to be silent whenever it is sunday between 8am and 12pm if and only if i'm in church...so if i go to the church on a monday the sounds are on....if i'm in church on a sunday afternoon, the sounds are on and if it sunday morning and i'm not in d church the sounds are on so it only turns sound off it its sunday morning, between 8am and 10pm and only if i'm in my church environment. there are countless things you can programme ur fone to do

4. gps essentials and google maps: these are gps softwares and we all knw what gps does.the gps essentials gives u parameters such as current speed, latitude and longitude, distance travelled, etc...this really helped me out in my final year project as i needed a gps device for my field work....google maps gives u maps of places and even satellite views so u can never get lost...

5. smart tools; this is a collection of tools that can engineers..it consists of a ruler, diatance measuing tool, angle measuring tool, sound measuring tool, metal detecting tool, a plumbine and flashlight...they all work because an android device has all d hardware necessary to make them work..

6. sensor music player: maybe u're doing serious work and ur hands are dirty and u want to change music on ur fone...no need to worry, just hit the table where ur fone is or wave ur hand over ur fone and the music changes...u can also be walking and u wanna change music without bringing the fone out of ur pocket..just tap ur pocket and d music changes

51 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by yorex2011: 12:56pm On Oct 31, 2013
7. sybla tv: ur own cable tv on ur mobile fone.have access to football matches, news, documentary, music and movies on ur mobile fone..(note the app requires data)

8. viber: very good for internet calling...requires data .requires about 14mb for every hour spent talking..
these are just a few apps that are great to have on ur smart fone...feel free to add what ur android does for you!!

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by Ene101(m): 12:57pm On Oct 31, 2013
9ce 1 op,i am presently using a Nokia c5 (Symbian) i hope to change d fone next week 4 a tecno andriod. I will stay in touch 4 more info.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by Ene101(m): 12:57pm On Oct 31, 2013
9ce 1 op,i am presently using a Nokia c5 (Symbian) i hope to change d fone next week 4 a tecno andriod. What model will u advice i get?I will stay in touch 4 more info.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by olahero(m): 3:52pm On Oct 31, 2013
Nice thread............. I love Android smartphone.
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by yomalex(m): 4:21pm On Oct 31, 2013

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by Mafia4life(m): 4:36pm On Oct 31, 2013
Too many reasons why I can't stop using a smartphone ( Android specifically).
Ebooks reading
Uploading tracks for cats in here ( Tagging their pictures in it)
Downloads
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by akwunmi(m): 5:04pm On Oct 31, 2013
android o.s is d tru companion of lyf,even if u want 2hate android,try it jst 4 a day n u will b force 2lov evrytin abt it.
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by steryj(m): 5:43pm On Oct 31, 2013
Thanks a lot. In addition, with your android, Go Weather Ex is there for you to know every temperature of cities you might be interested in, including your town or village so far is on Google map. No need to worry whether it 'll rain or it 'll be sunny the accurate weather forecast is amazing.
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by Ene101(m): 5:23am On Nov 26, 2013
Pls my Tecno l3 is saying launcher has stopped working. I downloaded go launcher but any tym I turn on the fone that error message keeps popping up. What do I do? I am thinking of formating the fone but I don't want to loose my Bb pin
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by Lawalmd(m): 6:45am On Nov 26, 2013
Ene101: Pls my Tecno l3 is saying launcher has stopped working. I downloaded go launcher but any tym I turn on the fone that error message keeps popping up. What do I do? I am thinking of formating the fone but I don't want to loose my Bb pin
install the launcher on your phone memory and not on the memory card that should stop the problem

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by Tbillz(m): 7:10am On Nov 26, 2013
Yorex U really saved my white tab from stains with that sensor player U jus enlightened Us.thumbs Up

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by psalmdave(m): 9:00am On Nov 26, 2013
Nyc....but some other o.s can still do most of these,symbian fones can even run quickoffice

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by Xymc1(m): 4:02pm On Nov 26, 2013
Thanks for the enlightenment@op,but please where can i get the free version of that sensor music player with all the features cus i really like it but i can't pay for it,thanks
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by zelexotunla(m): 4:17pm On Nov 26, 2013
@Op, how I wished you continue given details on each of these apps, because got a lot of apps dat i delete at will without knowing their functions. Especially go launcher and d rest. Thanks
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by yorex2011: 4:26pm On Nov 26, 2013
paid apps can be gotten free from blackmart.....blackmart is an app just like playstore but all the apps in it are free...including those that are paid in regular playstore

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by Rowybest(f): 5:09pm On Nov 26, 2013
If Android phone users are talking Techno users are contributing, mtcheew. If techno na the only Android phone I go use 3310.

15 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by yorex2011: 5:41pm On Nov 26, 2013
Rowybest: If Android phone users are talking Techno users are contributing, mtcheew. If techno na the only Android phone I go use 3310.
no need to be harsh here...we are talking bout the OS regardless of the hardware its in...the OS is what matters...though u need good hardware to enjoy the full functionality of android. tecno is trying as regards hardware

17 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by psalmdave(m): 7:40pm On Nov 26, 2013
yorex2011:
no need to be harsh here...we are talking bout the OS regardless of the hardware its in...the OS is what matters...though u need good hardware to enjoy the full functionality of android. tecno is trying as regards hardware
simple as a,b,c.......
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by Tbillz(m): 8:00pm On Nov 26, 2013
Rowybest: If Android phone users are talking Techno users are contributing, mtcheew. If techno na the only Android phone I go use 3310.
why nt wake Up frm ur sleep and give this guyz[tecno] credit @list for starting from tha bottom and now they are here_am sure U one of those ladies who holds big fones without knowing the operating system of ur fone#Samsung brainwashed U ryt?

40 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by Nikapetrelli(f): 8:58pm On Nov 26, 2013
So kul,gettin a windows phone

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by redcliff: 9:01pm On Nov 26, 2013
The only time you'l enjoy all these android features is when you are using unlimited internet on the go. And its only when you are outside nigeria, u can enjoy that.

9 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by nodullin(m): 9:02pm On Nov 26, 2013
9ice thread!!
need 2 get an android ASAP!!!
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by kwaraguy(m): 9:03pm On Nov 26, 2013
Nice post
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by mustaphagreens(m): 9:04pm On Nov 26, 2013
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by tunshe: 9:06pm On Nov 26, 2013
Op, God bless you to get a note3 if are not using one. It's a different experience.

I dropped Ios for android with no regrets though I missed few features on the new Ios7.

Nice thread, I'm gonna try some of the apps listed.

I think every android user should try "gotya", a security app that takes snap shot of a thief send it to your mail or facebook.It also allows you to locate, track or lock your phone and wipe your data.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by faftop: 9:07pm On Nov 26, 2013
ANDROID (dictionary meaning)
. A robot that is designed to look and act like a human (usually male)

adjective

1. Possessing human qualities

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by Gabrielsylar(m): 9:09pm On Nov 26, 2013
@long as it is not techno or oposso
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by sEGXY2(m): 9:13pm On Nov 26, 2013
Na people like u go buy chinko 5k come dey 4m for us here.mtcheeerw!

16 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by charlsecy4(m): 9:14pm On Nov 26, 2013
redcliff: The only time you'l enjoy all these android features is when you are using unlimited internet on the go. And its only when you are outside nigeria, u can enjoy that.

Who told you Internet data is unlimited outside Nigeria? Have you truly asked questions?
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by SammyT95(m): 9:14pm On Nov 26, 2013
Pls. Wots d meaning of OS,and advice me on the kind of android i shuld buy and there price,,i love gaming,i also love techno phnes...but pls wot type of android do u tink is d best atleast for gaming?
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by Lexo22(m): 9:16pm On Nov 26, 2013
Androvid

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Check If Your Iphone Is New Or Refurbished / SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network / NCC Unveils New Unified Short Codes For All Mobile Networks In The Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.