Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: (14787 Views)

Poll: How do you fell about women as breadwinners in their families?

So what?: 46% (37 votes)
Not right!: 53% (43 votes)
This poll has ended

When You Are The Bread Winner Of The Family(photo) / Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? / What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by skyone(m): 7:21pm On May 10, 2009
I want all nairalanders to please answer these questions.

Men:

(i) Are you going to jump from the 7th floor of a building if suddenly you've been told by your wife that she has won a £10million contract or will you give her some serious 3 rounds to compliment her.

(ii) Will you tell God you are mad (GOD FORBID) if suddenly your job or contract got terminated and your wife is the next to take over major responsibilities in the house.

Women:

(i) Are you going to divorce your man if suddenly time changes and you discovered you earned more than your husband? What about if he won a £20million contract after you have divorced him?

(i) Does it mean you actually got married to your husband because he earns more than you and you want to use him as an object in order to show off among your mates?

The topic is one of the reasons why we get marry in the beginning, to help each other in time of needs and not to run away in time of economy crisis or job loss. Please lets value our marriage.
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by raphy(m): 8:24pm On May 10, 2009
wazup ppl!
kini big deal when a woman is d bread winner,
she need to know that she still has a man @ home
even when d man job is goin well she will respect him
they are still husband n wife .
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by na2day2(m): 8:31pm On May 10, 2009
it is very simple, if madam becomes the bread winner, oga just have to learn to tie wrapper grin grin grin grin
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by skyone(m): 9:05pm On May 10, 2009
na2day?:

it is very simple, if madam becomes the bread winner, oga just have to learn to tie wrapper grin grin grin grin

still wondering if it's really funny

1 Like

Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by skyone(m): 9:06pm On May 10, 2009
na2day?:

not funny at all
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by na2day2(m): 9:26pm On May 10, 2009
skyone:

still wondering if it's really funny

skyone:

not funny at all

u sure? i am still laughing tongue tongue tongue
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by skyone(m): 9:33pm On May 10, 2009
na2day?:

You posted the above thread which is completely meaningless at 20:31 and is now 21:30 and claimed that you are still laughing, well i'm scared now, i think you're nearing psycopatic state of mankind.
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by StrStruck(f): 9:34pm On May 10, 2009
Men and their useless egos. . . smh.
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by na2day2(m): 9:48pm On May 10, 2009
skyone:

You posted the above thread which is completely meaningless at 20:31 and is now 21:30 and claimed that you are still laughing, well i'm scared now, i think you're nearing psycopatic state of mankind.

wow, we got a brilliant one in the house today lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by Nobody: 10:52pm On May 10, 2009
Look at this scenario where you live in your personal house. Drive choice cars, but deep down you know your hard earned cash isn't there. Where is the feeling of accomplishments. You don't contribute not because you don't want to but your salary is just not enough. Men it sucks. I pray i don't find myself in such.
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by kshow1(m): 10:08am On May 11, 2009
There is nothing realy bad in that as long as the man as been the major contributor to the home before thing turn around (i.e job lost , business colapse). The man must still be striving hard to retain his position back or else the woman may misbehave sooner or later.
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by pek(m): 10:21am On May 11, 2009
for better for worse. this does not only apply when the man is the bread winner.
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by pek(m): 10:29am On May 11, 2009
[The topic is one of the reasons why we get marry in the beginning, to help each other in time of needs and not to run away in time of economy crisis or job loss. Please lets value our marriage/quote]

when there is love between the two, pay package will never be an issue.
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by vislabraye(m): 12:00pm On May 11, 2009
Now you'll hear women aying they can be bread winners, Any thingcan happen in this life. What if a man gets married to some one as rich as Oprah. What would he do? There asre so many millionaire women. But the question is ' can she still be submissive ? Can she handle succes? Will she still perform her wifely role?? If Yes, fine
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by gReenmAn(m): 12:12pm On May 11, 2009
Yes, circumstances could make the Woman the one feeding the family.

But it is something a man should never wish upon himself, or his enemy for that matter.

The truth is, no matter how much your wife loves you and no matter how humble she is, that elation
of being the ad hoc Head-of-the-Family (that is what you are when you provide the dough!) will
not elude her and will eventually erode her usual sense of modesty if she stays in that role for not too long.

When a man is temporary off that role, make it real TEMPORARY angry
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by surface(f): 12:37pm On May 11, 2009
when my mum became d bread winner dat was when d whole family turned upside down,mum always look 4 every opportunity den 2 bring my dad down,if my dad mistakenly complains about d quality of food,he will hear all sorts of insult but luckily business picked up again but things were never d same,no more love in d family,baba doesnt give a damn about mama again,i know if not 4 their age,they would have gone for divorce lipsrsealed,its not always d best 4 b d woman to have d upper hand atimes cool
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by cutenk: 2:08pm On May 11, 2009
God called us "help mates" and that's what we should be! We should be there to support our husbands finacially to see that everything moves on fine in the family,but that is not to say that husbands should fold their hands because they believe their wives can take care of the home. The bible say,"a man who can not take care of his family is worse than an infidel!
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by cutenk: 2:09pm On May 11, 2009
God called us "help mates" and that's what we should be! We should be there to support our husbands finacially to see that everything moves on fine in the family,but that is not to say that husbands should fold their hands because they believe their wives can take care of the home. The bible say,"a man who can not take care of his family is worse than an infidel!
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by Africaine(f): 3:20pm On May 11, 2009
my brother in law is in a situation like dis, his wife does everything down to the car he drives,its all his wife,he cant control the gal,she doesn't give shit about his family,she has no respect for anybody even her husband,the guy is like a toy, I'd hate to be in this kind of situation, IN FACT SEF HEAVEN FORBID, but shit happens, if it does at least i wont forget that wen the going was good, the husband was in charge, in my in law case,its always being the woman doing the providing
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by na2day2(m): 3:32pm On May 11, 2009
surface:

when my mum became d bread winner dat was when d whole family turned upside down,mum always look 4 every opportunity den 2 bring my dad down,if my dad mistakenly complains about d quality of food,he will hear all sorts of insult but luckily business picked up again but things were never d same,no more love in d family,baba doesnt give a damn about mama again,i know if not 4 their age,they would have gone for divorce lipsrsealed,its not always d best 4 b d woman to have d upper hand atimes cool

u are almost an intelligent girl, the pic on ur profile dropped u some points lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Africaine:

my brother in law is in a situation like dis, his wife does everything down to the car he drives,its all his wife,he cant control the gal,she doesn't give shit about his family,she has no respect for anybody even her husband,the guy is like a toy, I'd hate to be in this kind of situation, IN FACT SEF HEAVEN FORBID, but shit happens, if it does at least i wont forget that wen the going was good, the husband was in charge, in my in law case,its always being the woman doing the providing

my question to u is, if u have always been the bread winner, will u do the same the lady is doing? undecided undecided
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by Africaine(f): 3:46pm On May 11, 2009
In all honesty,its hard to humble when it is the woman providing but not impossible
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by na2day2(m): 4:09pm On May 11, 2009
Africaine:

In all honesty,its hard to humble when it is the woman providing but not impossible

good, so it lis legitimate for a guy who is the bread winner to be arrogant, prideful and down right nasty
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by surface(f): 4:16pm On May 11, 2009
what has my profile pix got 2 do wit dis discussion?

I beg stop dis nigerian mentality lipsrsealed
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by Africaine(f): 4:25pm On May 11, 2009
nope, but you see thats why God made man the head, ideally he shud be the one doing the providing but wen reverse is the case,he gives the woman room to do and undo
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by Nobody: 11:49pm On May 11, 2009
Good to see the ladies saying the truth. Abeg eno easy make my wife get money but make im no pass my own.
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by osilekan4u: 4:21pm On May 12, 2009
Well let me start by saying its not bad if and only if the two party know what marriage really means.
Nevertheless it takes a lot of maturity on the couple to cope properly. Things have changed greatly these days,women are getting more involved in finances and making more money too.
The man being the head of the home should be given his due respect while he appreciates his wife for contributing to the home.
Where that lacks,there is bound to be hell!
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by nethacker(m): 10:02am On May 13, 2009
@topic, my wife can be a breadwinner no big deal, i won't feel bad as long as i have my job and lil peps comes in.If that gets to her head,then she has all to loose,
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by ogunniyi2: 2:24pm On May 13, 2009
When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home u cant predict the exact true picture of things except if u are a victim.{DONT PRAY FOR IT- because the experience may result to debacle cum massacre}pls dont be deceived.u will see women and run more than JAMES borne CAR.WOMEN!!IT IS EASIER SAID THAN DONE.JUST pray fv abundance else, i reserve my comment.

CONSCIENCE IS AN OPEN WOUND, ONLY TRUTH CAN HEAL IT!!

CHEERS!!
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by na2day2(m): 2:39pm On May 13, 2009
Africaine:

nope, but you see thats why God made man the head, ideally he shud be the one doing the providing but wen reverse is the case,he gives the woman room to do and undo

i see, the double standard of nigerian women! sad sad sad
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by esege1: 4:46pm On May 13, 2009
smiley
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by Syzkah(f): 1:10pm On May 14, 2009
No big deal except the man'll feel inadequate and misinterprete the littlest thing. as long as the right balance is struck,shouldn't be an issue
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by opensesame: 5:49pm On May 14, 2009
skyone:

I want all nairalanders to please answer these questions.

Men:

(i) Are you going to jump from the 7th floor of a building if suddenly you've been told by your wife that she has won a £10million contract or will you give her some serious 3 rounds to compliment her.

(ii) Will you tell God you are mad (GOD FORBID) if suddenly your job or contract got terminated and your wife is the next to take over major responsibilities in the house.

Women:

(i) Are you going to divorce your man if suddenly time changes and you discovered you earned more than your husband? What about if he won a £20million contract after you have divorced him?

(i) Does it mean you actually got married to your husband because he earns more than you and you want to use him as an object in order to show off among your mates?

The topic is one of the reasons why we get marry in the beginning, to help each other in time of needs and not to run away in time of economy crisis or job loss. Please lets value our marriage.

WORD!!

Listen, it's very Simple. "Traditionally", the Man is the Breadwinner and is supported by the woman, right? Fine.
But, if Situation arises and she has to be the breadwinner, are you going to divorce her?
It won't be easy, I know. That's where the maturity of the couple, the bond which holds them together and the reason(s) why they decided to spend the rest of their lives together in the first place, comes in. Shikena!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Good or bad parenting: Young Boy Steals Meat And Blames Devil For It / How Many Kids Do You Wanna Have? / 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.