Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers (28953 Views)

We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari / We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency / Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers by dre11(m): 6:48am On Nov 01, 2015
OUR CORRESPONDENTS
Following Friday’s pronouncement by President Muhammadu Buhari that Nigeria is broke and he might not be able to pay ministers, some minister-designates have said they are ready to work for free.
Some of the ministers who said this include Mr. Adebayo Shittu and Professor Isaac Adewole.

The ministers, who along with their colleagues are expected to be sworn in and given portfolios any moment from now, described their appointment as a call to service.
Shittu, representing Oyo State at the yet-to-be-constituted Federal Executive Council, said he was ready to give his services free to Nigeria if that was what the situation demanded.
Shittu, a legal practitioner and human rights activist told SUNDAY PUNCH that what matters is the intention to serve and not the financial benefits.

He said, “It is an issue of national service. There is nothing too much to sacrifice. If that is what our situation in Nigeria demands, then we must put ourselves up selflessly. We cannot say because of selfishness, we cannot work selflessly.
“With my background as somebody from a very humble family, I know what poverty is and I have been experiencing it. I have been dogged in conforming to the dictates of politics and poverty. There is nothing too much to sacrifice for the service of our people.”

Adewole, a former Vice Chancellor of the University of Ibadan spoke on Saturday through his media aide, Mr. Sunday Saanu.
According to Saanu, Adewole who is to represent Osun State, is ready to serve the nation without pay.
Saanu said, “It is a great honour to serve one’s fatherland and I can tell you Prof. Adewole is ready to serve Nigeria without collecting salaries.
“Everything is not about money. It is a privilege and a great honour to serve. This is what he was doing at his former school. He was paying some teachers employed to complement government’s efforts.
“ He is not driven by money but passion to make positive impact in the nation in whatever capacity.”

The past governor of Rivers State, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, also said he did not accept to be a minister for personal and pecuniary gains.
Amaechi, who spoke through his former aide, Mrs. Ibim Semenitari, explained that he was interested in the development of Nigeria

He said, “If he (President Buhari) has not said that he would not pay ministers, the question of whether he (Amaechi) will work for free should not be necessary. We know that we are currently dealing with hard times. For us as a country, we will manage our cost.
“He (Amaechi) has never run for anything because he is looking for money. His interest is in the development of Nigeria.”
Another minister-designate, Mr. James Ocholi, said he will not run away from challenges.

He said, “I will not run away from challenges. If the first challenge in the new assignment is to solve the financial crisis of the federation, I will be willing to devote time and attention to solving it before any other national issue.”

http://punchng.com/2015/11/2949

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers by ibkgab001: 6:49am On Nov 01, 2015
Free work my foot

FTC on a new day , new week NEW MONTH like this on money matter means a lot

Happy New Month to us all !!!

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers by mysteriousman(m): 6:50am On Nov 01, 2015
We hear but seriously there is no way this is possible, haven't they got families to cater for?

8 Likes

Re: We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers by wilybebsy(m): 6:52am On Nov 01, 2015
I just dey laugh gringringrin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers by Gboliwe: 6:53am On Nov 01, 2015
So, two out of 37 nominees say they are ready to work for free and this becomes this deceptive headline? How can 2 out of 37 be termed "some". Nigerians and our use of English sef or is it the normal propaganda talking now?

By the way, those two who made that statement are likely not going to have any portfolios if I have to go by what the terrorist said. That Shittu fanatic is a disgrace to the good people of Oyo

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers by amnesty7: 6:54am On Nov 01, 2015
But Nigerians will fear free service from them. Despise the free lunch, according to the 48 Laws of Power.

10 Likes

Re: We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers by bugzbunny: 6:54am On Nov 01, 2015
You can tell dat to d south westerners
They believe anytin frm lying liars
Just show and wave broom for them
No need to say abrakatabra
One chance lots

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers by Flyoruboy(m): 6:54am On Nov 01, 2015
Instead of the wailing cynics to commend and applaud these patriots they are here doing what they do best -- WAIL! Kudos to those guys jo. How many Jonathan ministers stepped forward to make such pronouncements? Una go wail DIE at this rate.

85 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers by lmm4real: 6:56am On Nov 01, 2015
Me too

“with a combustible and out-of-control spokesman like Metuh, there is no way the PDP will survive in opposition”

Lir Mohammad 2015 grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers by lmm4real: 6:57am On Nov 01, 2015
Story

I will not only work for free, I will sell my father's house and give the proceeds to the government if appointed a minister.

grin

9 Likes

Re: We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers by rozayx5(m): 6:57am On Nov 01, 2015
the rate of propaganda by this govt will lead to serious stoning by 2019 whem they go campaigning. 6 months into tis useless govt and nothing has happened.. first it was all the refinery lies which have been dispelled.. now we have a crumbling economy with thousands of job losses, now our vp is still campaigning till date....APC were surprised by power, their selective fight against corruption which aims to create a one party system will.not only destroy our young democracy but lead to chaos

smh..

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers by Nobody: 6:58am On Nov 01, 2015
nobody should work for free among the ministers. They are not to spread poverty.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 01, 2015
Gboliwe:
So, two out of 37 nominees say they are ready to work for free and this becomes this deceptive headline? How can 2 out of 37 be termed "some". Nigerians and our use of English sef or is it the normal propaganda talking now?

By the way, those two who made that statement are likely not going to have any portfolios if what I have to go by what the terrorist said. That Shittu fanatic is a disgrace to the good people of Oyo
...anything more than one is some. 2 out of trillions is some....

42 Likes

Re: We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers by Rikidony(m): 7:00am On Nov 01, 2015
why would they demand for salaries when they will be stealing massively from funds meant for contract,

so even person like Ameachi been they expect salary after him don empty rivers state grin

well since this information was given by their respective spoke person, I will not be surprise if the appointees will come out to denounce the statement,
Na APCChange we dey grin

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers by Gboliwe: 7:02am On Nov 01, 2015
Flyoruboy:
Instead of the wailing cynics to commend and applaud these patriots they are here doing what they do best -- WAIL! Kudos to those guys jo. How many Jonathan ministers stepped forward to make such pronouncements? Una go wail DIE at this rate.

Be creative my brother. Next time you wanna depict the wailers with a picture, look for actual Nigerian wailers. Don't go and carry some weather-beaten Palestinians and post here. Find Nigerians for we are Nigerians. Promote Nigeria, promote us. Tenkiu

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers by Gboliwe: 7:03am On Nov 01, 2015
Omotolu:
...anything more than one is some. 2 out of trillions is some....

According to you ba?

1 Like

Re: We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers by luvmijeje(f): 7:03am On Nov 01, 2015
The President should find to to pay his ministers. If he doesn't then he have no right to complain about their output or services rendered and it will be morally wrong for you to prosecute them for compromising in the process of carrying out their duties.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers by Flyoruboy(m): 7:04am On Nov 01, 2015
Gboliwe:

Be creative my brother. Next time you wanna depict the wailers with a picture, look for actual Nigerian wailers. Don't go and carry some weather-beaten Palestinians and post here. Find Nigerians for we are Nigerians. Promote Nigeria, promote us. Tenkiu

In that case, here ..knock yourself out.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers by Gboliwe: 7:05am On Nov 01, 2015
Flyoruboy:

In that case, here ..knock yourself out.

Lol. There's a difference between crying and wailing. But it's a lot better than the prvious one grin

12 Likes

Re: We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers by chefremy(m): 7:09am On Nov 01, 2015
Re: We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers by demarc001: 7:09am On Nov 01, 2015
Ameachi don talk am say him no like money na!

In lai Mohammed's voice "Baba you see, I tell you angelic ministers don't collect money"

4 Likes

Re: We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers by chefremy(m): 7:10am On Nov 01, 2015
very funny,if they are now in the post they will claim for their salaries.
tete7000:
Who is deceiving who? They want to use their money to run their offices or they think they won't need fund at all?

1 Like

Re: We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers by menix(m): 7:16am On Nov 01, 2015
As if they make their money from their salary..

Free work ko Free trade zone nii.

9 Likes

Re: We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers by magaliyu(f): 7:16am On Nov 01, 2015
The PATROITS.

7 Likes

Re: We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers by mioltai(m): 7:25am On Nov 01, 2015
sniff....sniff ...you smell that ....sniffs.....yeah it smells like bullshit

3 Likes

Re: We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers by bewla(m): 7:25am On Nov 01, 2015
tNo salary but fat allowance

1 Like

Re: We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers by Islie: 7:27am On Nov 01, 2015
all are comfortable in their respective chosen career.....

so, I expect things to be different and not like the thieves that stole in previous government..... because Nigerians are wiser now

6 Likes

Re: We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers by kennyman2000(m): 7:40am On Nov 01, 2015
Hmmmm.. I dont trust this people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers by delishpot: 7:45am On Nov 01, 2015
If I hear ! grin grin grin grin.......... Ok lets do it this way, GMB should make me a minister and I will serve my term for free cool

2 Likes

Re: We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 01, 2015
OK........

OK......

OK.......

That's a nice pinch of salt you have there....can I borrow it?

2 Likes

Re: We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers by Smartresult(f): 7:46am On Nov 01, 2015
Buhari Cabinets Are Set To Surprise Nigerians, The New Ministers
Five month after the inauguration of president Muhammad buhari, some Nigerians, foreign investors have already started losing confidence in the new government, this is not far fetch from the fact that buhari has not appointed ministers to constitute his cabinet.
Some foreign media has already painted the new government as slow, notable among them is the Bloomberg, a New York based magazine with its popular post “from change champion to baba go slow.” Some Nigerians has already lost the hope they have for this government. This is evident from their continue reading

4 Likes

Re: We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers by California30(m): 7:46am On Nov 01, 2015
I'm ready to kill Buhari for free.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amaechi: PDP Senators Reject Confirmation / Court Restrains Ayu From Acting As PDP National Chairman / "Khadijah Didn't Mention ISIS When I Dropped Her @ The Airport"-Nigerian Mum Vic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.